Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

Close, but I'm pretty sure doxxing ZDR or FAU or whoever as Kirk "The Goatman" Johnson still tops it.
That was ZDR. They found a Tumblr that wasn't mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Let's be real here: it's an honor to be confused with Goatse.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

sneakyfrog posted:

this is my current basically finished (almost) forums saga.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773374

No loving way...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Oh drat I hadn't even heard that one, that's amazing. I hope it was FAU because the goatman laying down smooth jazz intros on public radio is funnier than anything

U lost ur AV

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

FactsAreUseless posted:

That was ZDR. They found a Tumblr that wasn't mine.

Didn't they doxx your not-dog too? Is that just a thing now?

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Burt Sexual posted:

U lost ur AV

Rip li'l dino nerd, u were my favorite

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sneakyfrog posted:

Holy loving poo poo.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Did anything ever come from that fundraiser where the mod decided who got what money from it? I saw a post recently that made it sound like it went South real fast but I don't know where to look to see it happen.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
So what's the story behind someone deciding that it's cool for mods to probate each other now?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Len posted:

Did anything ever come from that fundraiser where the mod decided who got what money from it? I saw a post recently that made it sound like it went South real fast but I don't know where to look to see it happen.

I dunno what happened to it, but someone made a QCS thread about it that Lowtax closed with a pretty funny post.

Lowtax posted:

I honestly don't mind the thread or charity drive or whatever it is, but I did ask KM to not change avatars for free because I'm broke as hell and I need every dime for my Scrooge McDuck vault which is completely full of overbearing credit card debt.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So what's the story behind someone deciding that it's cool for mods to probate each other now?

ahahahahahaha

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sebmojo is just the most recent one, I noticed this a few days ago:

graph posted:

PLAYOFF BASEBALL that is not nyy or bos or stl winning KICKS MAJOR rear end

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
If mods are allowed to probate each other... no one will be safe... total anarchy... :stare:

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Len posted:

It went with the BFC thread's rec of people posting their paypals and doing that.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sebmojo is just the most recent one, I noticed this a few days ago:

tbf sebmojo deserved it (and any future probes)

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Sitting Here posted:

tbf sebmojo deserved it (and any future probes)

You can't do your moderation job properly when you're probated. :shrug:

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Hot take but all sports opinion probations are funny and good (as long as they're just sixers)

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You can't do your moderation job properly when you're probated. :shrug:

apparently, no one can do the moderation job properly so what's the harm (also, mojo mods CC which works up maybe one probabtion a year if we're being particularly rowdy)

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
They also had the best mod challenges, like the guy who had to compliment the Seahawks and insult his own team in every post he made for year.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
rogue mods breakin' all the rules - let's face it, ralp ran a tighter ship

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

rogue mods breakin' all the rules - let's face it, ralp ran a tighter ship

Bring back Ralp!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
What was the deal with the thread about a plane on a treadmill.

I vaguely it ended with doxx's and death threats.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Oh because of how planes go faster if they take off from a treadmill? I'm surprised more airports haven't implemented that.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Oh drat I hadn't even heard that one, that's amazing. I hope it was FAU because the goatman laying down smooth jazz intros on public radio is funnier than anything

i was remember it being ZDRs dog they thought they got, but it was actually goatmans dog.

some part of my memory might be right tho

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

You asked about this last month and no one answered but there's 300+ search results for you to comb through on that topic here:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=airplane+treadmill+somethingawful+site:forums.somethingawful.com

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Kelp Me! posted:

Are J-1 visas the reason I see so many Israeli people working those little kiosks at the mall?

It's nice because I can just be like "no thanks" in Hebrew and they don't try to press the sale.

Actually that one is kinda iffy, from the fact that most of those guys were (still are?) undocumented, over being paid entirely in comissions, to the unconscionably aggressive sales tactics they're told to use. Legal action has been taken against them several times:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/dead-sea-product-hawkers-skirt-law-decency/
https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/business/1.751377

Cracked (yeah, yeah, I know) did an interview with a guy who used to work at those kiosks and it's pretty interesting:

http://www.cracked.com/personal-experiences-2070-the-creepy-scam-industry-behind-kiosks-at-your-mall.html

e: gently caress, the thread has moved way the gently caress on

SaltyJesus has a new favorite as of 06:51 on Oct 25, 2017

the old ceremony
Aug 1, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
the other jews know me by the power of my gaze

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Responding to one of their weird negs about my skin with "go kill a Palestinian about it" or some variation tends to make them gently caress off pretty fast.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Responding to one of their weird negs about my skin with "go kill a Palestinian about it" or some variation tends to make them gently caress off pretty fast.

Man I'm glad nobody treats Americans that way. The insults would take forever.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!

Man I'm glad nobody treats Americans that way. The insults would take forever.

nah, you can condense it nicely into just calling them an American

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
PYF things that are not great sagas of the SA forums.

SaltyJesus
Jun 2, 2011

Arf!
To atone here's a hilarious recent saga: :chef: Iron Chef CSPAM :chef:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823171

The whole thing is great but ~page 3 is where it starts being unbelievably funny

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

sneakyfrog posted:

I love how I can browse on this site fairly regularly and still miss a thread about a life changing experience.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

SaltyJesus posted:

To atone here's a hilarious recent saga: :chef: Iron Chef CSPAM :chef:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3823171

The whole thing is great but ~page 3 is where it starts being unbelievably funny

Lmao I actually managed to follow this one as it was happening. Short read and definitely worth a look. It's very, uh, artistic.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

:allears: tell us more about how awesomely edgy you are

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

RFC2324 posted:

i was remember it being ZDRs dog they thought they got, but it was actually goatmans dog.

some part of my memory might be right tho

You combined two separate incidents, doxxing the wrong dog was FAU (and I guess Tiny Brontosaurus too in a separate incident), while someone excitedly posted that they had ZDR’s personal information and dumped a bunch of info on a certain Kirk Johnson.

Len posted:

I think they finally decided to do the sensible thing that everybody else was telling them to do from the beginning and just directly donate to anyone in need of help.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Didn't they doxx your not-dog too? Is that just a thing now?
Maybe, I wasn't really paying attention.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I don't see Ozma post much anymore, did she quit to join the halls of eldritch admins of yore?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Charles Bukowski posted:

I don't see Ozma post much anymore, did she quit to join the halls of eldritch admins of yore?

She quit a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

She's going to post here on Tuesday.