Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

not-not-not-petya badrabbit is making the rounds, and no one knows the initial infection vector at the moment, eternal blue, mimikatz, etc.

seems to be compromised sites offering fake flash updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

scottch posted:

seems to be compromised sites offering fake flash updates.

equifax really is the gift that keeps on giving, ain't it

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
oops https://twitter.com/bcrypt/status/922916511173394432

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
also this one https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/922954305400918016

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

in other news

https://twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/922950327959158785

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

quote:

This dude hacked a butt plug — and that's a lot more alarming than it sounds

gently caress it, nothing will ever beat this caption.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

shes gotta go.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

i dont like this current version of the internet where people use a two minute video to say absolutely nothing

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Aren't you alarmed? You should be alarmed because of this alarming development

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

https://internetofdon.gs/

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Thanks Ants posted:

i dont like this current version of the internet where people use a two minute video to say absolutely nothing

you're basically saying "i don't like now this"

i agree

because she was defeated?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Thanks Ants posted:

its just reversion to the mean, in the old days your modem would take 2 minutes to load someone's all text post that took forever to say absolutely nothing

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

fishmech posted:

its just reversion to the mean, in the old days your modem would take 2 minutes to load someone's all text post that took forever to say absolutely nothing

straight from the expert folks :troll:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Harsh but fair

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

of course teledoldonics had to have a rape component given the average computer toucher's avarice towards women

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

idk if i'd call it "hacking", the protocol is already well-documented and it uses completely unprotected BTLE

ask me about my buttplug purchase yospos

e: here's the protocol if anyone's interested, it was actually known long before this particular toy was even released since they've used the same drat protocol for all their products, the only thing they changed was using BTLE instead of regular bluetooth-as-a-serial-port

https://lovesense-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/protocol.html

Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Oct 25, 2017

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

ate all the Oreos posted:

ask me about my buttplug purchase yospos

Tell us about your butt plug purchase, forums poster ate all the Oreos.

e: here's the protocol if anyone's interested, it was actually known long before this particular toy was even released since they've used the same drat protocol for all their products, the only thing they changed was using BTLE instead of regular bluetooth-as-a-serial-port

https://lovesense-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/protocol.html

The unironic use of colons and semi colons on commands sent to a butt plug is just perfect.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

the last time it came up in this thread i bought one and now i own one, i guess it's not actually that interesting a story :sigh:

the actual app for it is complete garbage, like it crashes or randomly disconnects, and it requires you to do everything over it (including its own hand-made chat program and other terrible ideas).

there's also a group of hobbyists who have written an entire generic buttplug control protocol that can federate between heterogenous teledildonic systems and then translate down into the particular protocol each actual device speaks on the client which is, uh, neat i guess?

like XMPP for your butt

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

the last time it came up in this thread i bought one and now i own one, i guess it's not actually that interesting a story :sigh:

the actual app for it is complete garbage, like it crashes or randomly disconnects, and it requires you to do everything over it (including its own hand-made chat program and other terrible ideas).

there's also a group of hobbyists who have written an entire generic buttplug control protocol that can federate between heterogenous teledildonic systems and then translate down into the particular protocol each actual device speaks on the client which is, uh, neat i guess?

like XMPP for your butt

I assume the chat program is between users and not that the buttplug has a built in speaker.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Zil posted:

I assume the chat program is between users and not that the buttplug has a built in speaker.

yeah, though there's a function that turns sound into vibrations so sort of??

you can also pair it with your spotify account and stream music directly to your rear end

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

you can also pair it with your spotify account and stream music directly to your rear end

Now streaming Darude - Sandstorm

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

like XMPP for your butt

Not the cyberpunk future I expected but buttpunk has a ring to it.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Oh my god it's a way to make yosposters talk out of their rear end even more than they already do

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

God bless you.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

apseudonym posted:

Not the cyberpunk future I expected but buttpunk has a ring to it.

Butt rock is already a thing. E.g.: Nickelback.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

like XMPP for your butt

Ok seriously mods new thread title please.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
XMpoopoo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yes

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
RFC 42069: BPCP

apseudonym
Feb 25, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

Butt rock is already a thing. E.g.: Nickelback.

Wrong kind of buttplay

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

like XMPP for your butt

this sounds like a joke that spiraled way out of control

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

holy gently caress, this future is incredible

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

redleader posted:

holy gently caress, this future is incredible

here's the protocol if y'all are interested

https://metafetish.github.io/buttplug/#the-buttplug-sex-toy-control-standard

idk if this counts as :nws: but i'll tag it just in case? it's just text

e:

quote:

I could probably call this project something neutral like STCS, but I've been referring to computer controlled sex toys as "Internet Buttplugs" for years, and that's what influenced the name of this project.

i mean this guy seems pretty rad imo :v:

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
in other news kaspersky said their antivirus downloaded the contractors files completely automatically and once they realised what they were dealing with they deleted them, making the whole thing an accident

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/josephfcox/status/923106889780645889

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

so it's what everyone knew had happened

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

• Locked thread