Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

Not true, I don't hate myself :colbert:.

then why did you move to portland? :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

My [34M] fiancée [27F] locks her cat in a small bathroom for 20 hrs daily and drugs the cat to calm it down. I think that's very wrong but it is her cat? I started to think about the engagement or if there is anything wrong with her?Relationships
(self.relationships)

JFC, I rescued 2 cats like that at about a year old. One of them lived to 13, the other one is still going 16 years later. They were INSANE when I first got them as they were convinced they weren't allowed out of the room they were placed in (the laundry room at the old "home").

If you don't want pets don't get pets. How is this hard?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

maskenfreiheit posted:

You've repeatedly posted backtalk. I'm going to have to ask you to stick to posting content or comment on some of the other stories.

Lol gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

maskenfreiheit posted:

You've repeatedly posted backtalk. I'm going to have to ask you to stick to posting content or comment on some of the other stories.

You’re an idiot and an rear end in a top hat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Seeing a lot of sass people, let's focus on posting or commenting on content.

Am I the only one who thinks this is rude?

quote:

Okay so long story short, I am a 21 year old woman and last week my male best friend of ten years tried to force himself on me. I got out of the situation fine but the same day I told my boyfriend about it. He was supportive but a little bit concerned at the same time. He told me that I deliberately put myself in that situation by allowing him to be at my house to play video games alone. I don't think that having someone who you were able to call your best friend for 10 years who, by the way, never tried anything on you before, come over to play video games is a way of asking to be forced to have sex.

Anyhow, what happened today is what really bothered me. I played a prank on my boyfriend pretending that the google translate voice was someone at my house. He got pissed and said "why would you have someone over at this time? Don't you remember what happened the last time you had a guy over at your house? You almost got raped. So if you don't want to get raped again you shouldn't have people at your house."

Am I the only one who thinks that is rude of him to throw that in my face?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Pick posted:

I honestly don’t believe you and that’s the saddest thing I’ve ever said on the internet.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

My [76 M] fellow poster keeps posting backtalk and not posting content. How do I handle this?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

My [76 M] fellow poster keeps posting backtalk and not posting content. How do I handle this?

at least give me a cool age like 69 ot 420.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

at least give me a cool age like 69 ot 420.

yea but backtalk is a very uncool old person way to say it

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

I don't find the animal abuse stories fun to laugh at unlike the human relationship stories, they just seem quite sad

Kinda like the r/raisedbynarcissists sadbrain posts most of them are just loving wretched

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

sexpig by night posted:

yea but backtalk is a very uncool old person way to say it

gee sorry

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Ham Sandwiches posted:

I don't find the animal abuse stories fun to laugh at unlike the human relationship stories, they just seem quite sad

Kinda like the r/raisedbynarcissists sadbrain posts most of them are just loving wretched

cats, unlike people, don't hurt you just because they take pleasure in your misery so makes sense

:smith:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

maskenfreiheit posted:

Seeing a lot of sass people, let's focus on posting or commenting on content.

Boyfriend is part of the problem with our culture.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

maskenfreiheit posted:

cats, unlike people, don't hurt you just because they take pleasure in your misery

I guess you've never had a cat.

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

La Brea Carpet posted:

Doublepostin' for content

My boyfriend is obsessed with my looks and I [21F] am losing my patience with him.

Usual lovely dude stuff, but the bolded line made me lol.

There's an update! She broke up! Everyone else called racism!

My boyfriend's friends [20s M] are calling me [21F] a "racist" because I broke up with my boyfriend. Am I wrong to have dumped him?

Text is deleted, but since she used the term "looser immigrants" apparently she is Super Racist and obviously SA should rehash an argument from a few pages ago and discuss how many immigrants and how many times she should have sex with to prove she isn't!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [26M] wife has plopped this animatronic clown that pulls it's face off with string. It's scaring the poo poo out of the kids [3M&4F] and she's not listening to me.

My wife loves Halloween. She loves all things scary in this world. She's really into the paranormal, monsters, vampires, ghosts and everything else Halloween related. I understand that this is her favourite holiday, but this loving clown is scaring not only our kids, but the neighbors kids as well. I understand Halloween is suppose to be scary. I get it. This thing goes beyond Halloween.

She's bought this anomatronic clown. She bought it off some website that was auctioning it off from a haunted house that was closing down. This thing is creepy. It's a creepy looking clown that pulls it's mask off to reveal a flesh face. I don't know how else to describe it.

It's scared the poo poo out of the kids. They will not go near it. The neighbors kids are also scared of it. The neighbor told me the kids are scared to come here on Halloween because of it. She wasn't rude or anything. She just told me that he kids hate the clown.

I've spoken to her about taking it away for the million other Halloween stuff she has, but she's not listening. Is there a way to resolve this.

tl;dr: Wife bought this creepy clown that pulls it's face off from an old haunted house. The kids are scared of it and she's not listening.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Motronic posted:

I guess you've never had a cat.

My grandpa had one. It was deaf so maybe it was more docile but while it could be tsundere it was never actively aggressive unless you picked it up when it was trying to walk away

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

Arbitrary Coin posted:

There's an update! She broke up! Everyone else called racism!

My boyfriend's friends [20s M] are calling me [21F] a "racist" because I broke up with my boyfriend. Am I wrong to have dumped him?

Text is deleted, but since she used the term "looser immigrants" apparently she is Super Racist and obviously SA should rehash an argument from a few pages ago and discuss how many immigrants and how many times she should have sex with to prove she isn't!

If you break up with a minority, you have to date at least two members of that minority group to prove you aren't racist. It's the law.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

https://i.imgur.com/okp66FD.gifv

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [26M] wife has plopped this animatronic clown that pulls it's face off with string. It's scaring the poo poo out of the kids [3M&4F] and she's not listening to me.

My wife loves Halloween. She loves all things scary in this world. She's really into the paranormal, monsters, vampires, ghosts and everything else Halloween related. I understand that this is her favourite holiday, but this loving clown is scaring not only our kids, but the neighbors kids as well. I understand Halloween is suppose to be scary. I get it. This thing goes beyond Halloween.

She's bought this anomatronic clown. She bought it off some website that was auctioning it off from a haunted house that was closing down. This thing is creepy. It's a creepy looking clown that pulls it's mask off to reveal a flesh face. I don't know how else to describe it.

It's scared the poo poo out of the kids. They will not go near it. The neighbors kids are also scared of it. The neighbor told me the kids are scared to come here on Halloween because of it. She wasn't rude or anything. She just told me that he kids hate the clown.

I've spoken to her about taking it away for the million other Halloween stuff she has, but she's not listening. Is there a way to resolve this.

tl;dr: Wife bought this creepy clown that pulls it's face off from an old haunted house. The kids are scared of it and she's not listening.

Set the clown on fire.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

maskenfreiheit posted:

How many red flags do you think were ignored before the Best Male Friend of 10 years went cray on her?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

VanSandman posted:

I honestly don’t believe you and that’s the saddest thing I’ve ever said on the internet.

No, I am cool with myself, I am a tin man who went on the journey for a heart, and I have every right to call out the people who never bothered.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Set the clown on fire.

Do you really think a flaming creepy clown is better? Do you?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The Lone Badger posted:

Do you really think a flaming creepy clown is better? Do you?

Tim Curry was an excellent Pennywise and I won't hear anything else :colbert:

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Smirking_Serpent posted:

People who are obsessed with Halloween are the worst.

Throwing a Halloween party is great. It's a great day for a party! poo poo, the Halloween parties I've been to are usually the best. But being one of those people that watches hocus pocus fifteen times in October and doing... that and not seeing it's weird, that's just obnoxious.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Throwing a Halloween party is great. It's a great day for a party! poo poo, the Halloween parties I've been to are usually the best. But being one of those people that watches hocus pocus fifteen times in October and doing... that and not seeing it's weird, that's just obnoxious.
She should keep the clown in a disused closet. Ideally rigged up to do its thing when the door is opened. We'll see how much she loves the clown when she accidentally activates it trying to get to the bathroom at 4 am.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Fantastic Flyer posted:

If you break up with a minority, you have to date at least two members of that minority group to prove you aren't racist. It's the law.
but then when you break up with those you have to date four more :v:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ugly In The Morning posted:

One of my least favorite things this year is those unicorn dolls that, when squeezed, make a scary face.Lots of videos of people giving them to, like, their three-year-olds. loving shitheads.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DACK FAYDEN posted:

but then when you break up with those you have to date four more :v:

No it's only a mark if you break up with them. So the optimal strategy following your initial breakup is to just be so awful that the next two break up with you as fast as possible.

It's the speedrun of white guilt appeasement.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
This starts off as a fairly normal "I imploded my perfect relationship because not being able to gently caress other guys is a deal breaker" and dips into :stonk: territory near the end

I [25F] with my ex-fiance [31M] of 4 years, can't stop driving to his house

quote:

edit: way too many details, I'm sorry. feel free to skip the novel and just read the TL:DR;

My ex and I were together for 4 years. He was my first kiss, first boyfriend, first sexual experience, first person I drank with, partied with etc. We both grew up in the same conservative Christian community, and although I deconverted when I was 19 (tough phase) and he is definitely on the liberal end of the spectrum, we continued going to the same church with our families.

Our relationship never had any extreme problems, no blow-out fights, although our communication styles were very different and frustrated me often. I preferred deeper subjects, sharing emotions, etc., he was generally happy to stick to conversations about daily life and didn't toss the conversational "ball" back when I tried to initiate other subjects.

Every few months we'd have a talk after I would get super frustrated about the lack of depth in what we talked about, he would get frustrated and couldn't understand why I felt the way I felt. He would imply that normal people weren't as interested in this kind of stuff. I was homeschooled and very much grew up in the homeschooler/Christian bubble and talking about stuff like religion, philosophy, inner struggles etc. was very much a part of my world and friendships. This wasn't the case for him and his friends, so I kind of took his word that we were a weird/unique group and that "normal people" were like him and his friends.

About two years ago I moved away overseas to a major city for four months (we agreed on short term long distance) and from this point I started changing a lot. Surprise, I met tons of interesting "normal people" who also loved talking about life and the world. I discovered art, I became less passive and introverted, I experimented sexually (which he was supportive of), in short, very much "grew up".

When I came back, the things I wanted from life had really changed and I felt like I had outgrown the relationship. Regardless, we loved each other a lot, my family loved him, he was extremely good to me, and I wanted to try to make it work. The old problems came back though and I felt like I was sliding back into that same small-town bubble. Becoming passive and quiet again, being silently frustrated with the lack of depth conversationally, and worst of all sex felt like a shallow physical experience compared to the other experiences I'd had. I asked him to move overseas/travel with me, but he (understandably) wasn't terribly keen as he was very much grounded here with all his friends, a good job, his house, family etc. I broke it off with him before Christmas 2015 and decided to move back overseas alone. We continued seeing each other until I left however.

I was overseas for about two months when I was called back home for a big family emergency, and long story short, he very much supported me through this time and we got back together. We talked a ton during this period and got closer than ever emotionally. With the emotional intimacy improving, our sex life did too, although never to the level I had experienced with other people. Regardless, I really thought we had a shot at making it work this time. I moved back to the city, and we visited each other back and forth.

Last summer, we took a trip to Italy together and he proposed to me in Rome. I said yes, even though my initial reaction was more terror than anything else. At this point, I had realized our sex life was never going to be what I knew sex could be, and wasn't sure I could settle for a lifetime of mostly purely physical sex with one person only, despite how much I otherwise loved that person. We talked a lot about non-monogamy after marriage. For me it was a very interesting idea, for him, it was a pretty hard no. This really should have been where I realized we couldn't make a marriage work, but I didn't and for a few months I thought I could squash this non-monogamy thing in myself and our sex issues could be improved, and that the love we had and our other good relationship points would be enough to push through. But a few months more went by and I realized I wouldn't reliably be able to do this monogamy thing for a lifetime, and I broke up with him in an absolutely awful way for a second time at the start of this year. We had an extremely difficult hour long phone call a few days after the initial breakup, and with the exception of an email to arrange returning the ring, we've been fully no-contact since then.

To the present: I'm back in my hometown for a few months for something related to the family emergency of last year. I also just found out that I have cancer a few weeks ago. It's statistically likely that I'll beat it, but regardless I've been an existentially anxious mess and surgery/treatment won't be a picnic. I've moved on romantically and have been dating someone else who I'm much more compatible with for the last six months, and he is someone I really see myself staying with for the long haul.

The problem: for the last two weeks, I've been getting in my car after dark and driving to my ex-fiancé's house to smoke (not a smoker generally). In my day, it's the only time I feel calm. I'm aware of how insanely creepy it is, but it never stops me from getting in the car and driving. I don't know why I feel calmer there. If I do some real searching, I think there's a part of me that fantasizes about seeing him and realizing one of the recurring dreams I have about him (hearing him say he forgives me). The other part of me is terrified of him seeing me and knows I should stay away and continue to let him move on with his life. Tonight was the first time I saw him (usually just his car) and it hit me with full force just how insanely creepy this behaviour is. I need advice on how to quit driving there.

tl;dr: Broke up with ex-fiance in an awful way, no contact for 10 months. I've moved on romantically, but after finding out I have cancer a few weeks ago I can't stop driving to his house after dark to smoke. Realize it's extremely creepy, need help stopping.

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
There is an old man [60M] living in my [28M] kitchen. What do?

quote:

I started renting a room in a share-house about a year back.

There are 5 rooms in the house, so 5 guys living there.

I don't really know any of them. I know their names - say 'hi' to them in the corridor and that's about it.

I'm pretty sure the guy in the room next to mine, Daniel [25M], has gotten his father to move in with him.

The guy is there every day.

He basically camps out in the kitchen.

He will cook these massive meals that take hours to prepare.

And then he will just sit at the kitchen table for hours chatting on the phone.

I don't like to have other people around whilst i'm eating or preparing food so i have taken to just eating out for every meal.

I don't have any ill will towards my housemate or his dad.

I'm just a socially awkward person who doesn't really want to live with an old man who camps out in my kitchen

Should I tell the landlord about this?

Tl;Dr Old man moves in with his son and has colonised my kitchen. I can't eat at home anymore. Much anxiety. Please help.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Esoteric Scientist posted:

suck his d

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Danaru posted:

This starts off as a fairly normal "I imploded my perfect relationship because not being able to gently caress other guys is a deal breaker" and dips into :stonk: territory near the end

I did not know that mistakes could metastasize.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Invite your father to live with you. Determine once and for all if you're dad can beat up his dad

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Open the relationship and gently caress him.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Old man lives my home
I’m not mad
He’s a roommate’s Dad?
Not trying to make a fuss
But he isn’t on the lease.

Make meals with my knife
Makes me nervous
Complicates my life
Don’t want to talk to folks
That fought in Vietnam.

Old man lives in my home
Not sure where he came from
Old man lives in my home
Get the gently caress out of my kitchen

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Danaru posted:

There's plenty of other funny things to pick apart in this post but I just gotta say I've literally never once encountered a person that lamented lack of "deep conversations" that didn't boil down to wanting to rehash their same dumb internal struggles on a daily basis without doing anything to fix them/change their situation or retread their vapid takes on super played out baby's first philosophies of whether the blue they see is the same blue you see.

like i understand there's a difference between friends you really only exchange pleasantries with but otherwise enjoy the company over mutual interests/hobbies vs friends you can exchange hot takes over whatever sociopolitical drama is currently in the 24 hour news cycle with, but no one who laments the sheeple around them for never engaging in deep intellectual pursuits ever has anything interesting or worthwhile to say. Those kinds of conversations come up organically when everyone involved is interested in the subject, you don't just force them because you're above everything else.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

An interviewer [F/20s] canceled an interview with me for a job because I asked to do a phone call interview because the location is an hour away. Am I [30F] in the wrong here?

quote:

I need someone to put this into perspective for me because I feel crazy. I'll just copy and paste the email thread here.

The job is at a high-end salon. I actually sent them this email this morning:

Hi Lily, I am thinking I should cancel the interview for tomorrow. I just have a gut feeling that because I don't have salon/hair experience, I will probably not qualify compared to others. If you want to discuss further, let me know! I did have other questions.... either way, I can speak on the phone up until 3:30. Best Regards, Rose

They then responded and told me that they recommend I stick with the interview and discuss my concerns with the boss who would be interviewing me. So I sent another email but they apparently did not get it as they emailed me again to ask me to confirm if I'm going tomorrow. So I said this:

Hi Lily! I responded earlier, maybe it did not reach you somehow. I asked if she would consider a phone (FaceTime/skype) interview, at least initially. The reason being is because ____ is at least one hour drive away and I want to ensure it’s worth the time for all involved. I noted I should have addressed this sooner. I may be traveling to nyc on Friday, so if that somehow worked for her, let me know. Let me know either way!

I feel like I was being very polite but I guess not because this was their response:

Hi Rose! I didn’t get your other email, sorry about that. Yes — addressing it sooner would’ve been greatly appreciated as we planned these interviews weeks in advance in order to ensure that all candidates have a chance to meet with _____. ____ works on Friday and a phone interview isn’t an option at the moment. Unfortunately, it does not seem like this is going to work out based on your previous email and unwillingness to put in any effort to make it tomorrow — your résumé did stick out to us compared to others and we wouldn’t have reached out for an interview if we thought you weren’t experienced enough.
I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Best, Lily

I feel like they were being pretty rude and I feel like it's totally unnecessary for an interview location to be an hour away. Should I even bother responding to that?

tl;dr: interviewer is being rude because I felt that an hour drive was too far for an interview when it's not even certain that I'll get hired

This is one of the best self owns I've seen in a while

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Do most of those horrible-partner-with-autism stories involve a recent, late-in-life or otherwise implicit diagnosis? I don't think you hear much about it from people who were diagnosed at a young age and grew up cognisant of it. (albeit those are prone to a completely different set of issues as a result)

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

fruit on the bottom posted:

Old man lives my home
I’m not mad
He’s a roommate’s Dad?
Not trying to make a fuss
But he isn’t on the lease.

Make meals with my knife
Makes me nervous
Complicates my life
Don’t want to talk to folks
That fought in Vietnam.

Old man lives in my home
Not sure where he came from
Old man lives in my home
Get the gently caress out of my kitchen

I enjoyed this.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

An interviewer [F/20s] canceled an interview with me for a job because I asked to do a phone call interview because the location is an hour away. Am I [30F] in the wrong here?

This is one of the best self owns I've seen in a while

Seems like she didn't really want to work there, so I don't see the problem. Pro tip: never criticize yourself in a job seeking context. Unless the interviewer explicitly asks a question about your weaknesses, but even then try to come up with a story that has a happy ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

Do most of those horrible-partner-with-autism stories involve a recent, late-in-life or otherwise implicit diagnosis? I don't think you hear much about it from people who were diagnosed at a young age and grew up cognisant of it. (albeit those are prone to a completely different set of issues as a result)
I worked in customer service for entirely too long, which meant interacting with a lot of ASD folks because there are just a lot of them out there, and got the distinct impression that early intervention makes a huge difference. Young millennials and sub-millennials with autism seem a whole lot more well-adjusted than older ones, who can be, let's say, a handful in that context.