Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Let's mix it up a little. Here's Ivy League Teaching Assistant Says She Calls On Black Women First, White Men Last posted by freeper kevcol

See also the progressive stack technique to help ensure that normally silenced voices are the first to be heard. This pisses off a lot of ignorant white men that believe they are being discriminated against every day and this is just a sign of it. Unfortunately buying in to this concept requires a certain level of wokeness and those white men will never understand why they are wrong.

The very first post in the thread is her photo. She's not a stereotype and is rather average looking, so of course freep calls her ugly and "smug" every other post.

quote:

To: kevcol

She’s a RACIST!!!

5 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:27:01 AM by txrefugee

quote:

To: 2ndDivisionVet

Calling black women first?

I cannot imagine what kind of verbal crap goes on before a decent answer is given.

My black students thought I was picking on them when I called on them to answer a question. These same people wanted videos of my teaching so they didn’t have to attend class. They did not understand why they were required to have a pathology course to be a nurse. “Nurses don’t need pathology!”. And that goes right along with the nurses I talk with today who don’t know the difference between a virus and a bacteria.

Hopefully, if there is a god, I will never teach again.

10 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:30:13 AM by Bodega (we are developing less and less common sense...world wide)

quote:

I feel justified in being sure all my money and business goes to straight white males.

13 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:34:32 AM by Kozak (DIVERSITY+PROXIMITY=CONFLICT)

Oh come the gently caress on.

quote:

That’s racist!

Is she saying black women are dumb so need to have their questions answered first?

16 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:37:54 AM by bgill (CDC site, "We don't know how people are infected with Ebola.")

"Yeah, well, she's ugly, too"

quote:

Does she do a DNA test on all her students to make sure she got it right?

How about measuring their skull size?

Racism and sexism are ugly to the bone—yeah, talking about her...

18 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:38:50 AM by cgbg (Hidden behind the social justice warrior mask is corruption and sexual deviance.)

quote:

To: Kozak

I feel justified in being sure all my money and business goes to straight white males.

I wonder how fast all this BLM racism comes to a screeching halt if white America made it a point to boycott minority owned businesses?

21 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:42:00 AM by Kudsman ( Anyone to the Right of Stalin is a Far Right Wing candidate to the Far Left Wing Media.)

*sigh*

quote:

quote:

Gender fluid?

2 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:23:59 AM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

Not so fluid as oozing.

23 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:42:35 AM by Leep (Less talk more ACTiON!)

quote:

Interesting, back in the early 2,000’s, I gave a guest lecture at an all women Masters class in education and the students were all elementary and middle school teachers.

Just prior to my lecture the instructor addressed the class and asked how they adjust their teaching methods to account for different types of students.

A feminist/lezbo-type said on her first class of the year, she begins her class by saying to the boys that they can sit in the back as this class is for the girls.

I was very angry at this piece of slime. And it wasn’t just me. Turns out most of the other teachers in the Master’s class came unglued because most had children and boy children at that, and this feminist/lezbo said she was discriminating against THEIR boys. . .this wasn’t tolerated and they verbally attacked the feminist/lezbo for her bigotry and illegal discrimination.

Surprised me!

It was something to behold, but sadly I don’t think this defense of boys (even their own off-spring) would happen today.

25 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:44:03 AM by Hulka

Ah yes, ironic white genocide

quote:

As we all well know..white people have racism in their DNA.
There for they must be shamed, and even murdered when possible,for crap that may,or may not have happened,decades or even centuries ago.

29 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:48:14 AM by Leep (Less talk more ACTiON!)

quote:

This is the very definition of white privilege - When I was in school, I didn’t like being called on. Who does ?

This teacher also admits that “White men come last”. That means that she calls on black women, “other race men” and then white women.. And none of them know the answer until she calls the white men.

She’s racist as hell.

30 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:49:44 AM by Celerity

quote:

Any white man who takes one of these “gender studies” classes should be called on last. This is the world that they want to create — even the white men who sign on for it. They should start getting used to being second class citizens now.

31 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:50:30 AM by Opinionated Blowhard ("When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic.")

quote:

Call on the black women first because you know you’re more likely to get a wrong answer, which becomes a teachable moment? Sounds Racist!

36 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:09:54 AM by JimRed ( TERM LIMITS, NOW! Build the Wall Faster! TRUTH is the new HATE SPEECH.)

Allegedly quoting something by the TA in question,

quote:

“. I am particularly interested in popular and deviant forms of marriage and divorce; in my research on the practice of wife-selling, I focus on the blurred lines between love matches and economic bargains, the notion of slavery and race in gender dynamics, and how human trafficking and prosititution manifested within matrimonial realms. My current project looks at how popular and folk methods of marriage and divorce clashed with church and state authorities in colonial Carolina.”

Definite head case here. Amazing that she doesn’t have to fund her own “research”.

39 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:22:26 AM by Paladin2 (No spelchk nor wrong word auto substition on mobile dev. Please be intelligent and deal with it....)

quote:

To: yoe

I think the real problem here is that she’s bitter.

No straight white male would give her a second glance.

Sour grapes.

41 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:33:53 AM by ConservativeWarrior (Fall down 7 times, stand up 8. - Japanese proverb)

:qq: STOP PERSECUTING MY PEOPLE! :qq:

quote:

Imagine....

“Ivy League Teaching Assistant Says She Calls on White Men First, Black Women Last”

Can you say 24/7 national news, immediate firing, blackballed in the teaching profession, permanent ruination of reputation.

As it is, the TA in this case will get a full professorship, a book deal, accolades and applause...

Hope the alums take note...

43 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:50:28 AM by Bon of Babble (In-a-Gadda-Da-Vida, Baby!!)

ahahahah what

quote:

This is quite common. Every so called prof bows down to Africans first, everyone in higher education and every business and government entity bows first to Africans. The systemic racism is factually against whites and Asians at every FRICKING level.

44 posted on 10/23/2017, 8:02:20 AM by Neoliberalnot (Marxism works well only with the uneducated and the unarmed)

quote:

The classic clipped-hair, mean faced dyke.

46 posted on 10/23/2017, 8:05:20 AM by Neoliberalnot (Marxism works well only with the uneducated and the unarmed)

kill me

quote:

To: Rinnwald

if privilege was so big why don’t black people self identify as white?

52 posted on 10/23/2017, 9:41:45 AM by longtermmemmory (VOTE! http://www.senate.gov and http://www.house.gov)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It's nice to see freep respecting R TROOPS.

Also drat, they haven't been this openly and virulently racist recently.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

>FReep: One can never underestimate the thin skin of dumb people!

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
More modern education hate. Prof: Algebra, geometry perpetuate white privilege posted by freeper C19fan

The article is from a Breitbart-style conservative angry clickbait site dedicated to all the horrible things happening in the nation's universities. The math education professor in question wrote a book about math teaching methods, because that is literally her field. In the book, she points out how uniformly white and male academic math people are, and how eurocentric math jargon is, tending to discount or ignore advances in mathematics that weren't made in Europe. Now, combine this to pervasive gender & racial bias in primary & secondary school math classes and it all just piles up.

Of course, freep won't even read the article, no less try to understand the arguments. It's just more evidence that they're being persecuted because they're white, especially by a brown woman by the name of Gutierrez.

Freepers: just any of these words

quote:

To: C19fan

Without question this will be the dumbest thing I read today. The mind boggles at the lunacy of these people.

3 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:08:45 AM by Bayan

quote:

All of these claims willfully ignore an intelligent, hardworking, successful minority called Asians.

4 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:08:48 AM by Architect of Avalon

This post contains an image.

quote:

Statistics are racist.

9 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:11:11 AM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)
Here's the first result from Google Image Search for the included image:

Freep opinions: "Why do we need teachers to teach how to teach people!?"

quote:

Notice that her position is in “math education”, not actual math. The NEA battalions strike again.

14 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:12:40 AM by Pecos (A Constitutional republic shouldnÂ’t need to hold its collective breath in fear of lawyers.)

quote:

How soon will it be that graduates with degrees in Social Studies be allowed to build bridges?

'Professor' is becoming a 'tainted' word for me.

17 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:15:30 AM by blam

A guest post from the crazy forwarded political email thread,

quote:

Via an e-mail some years ago, with some minor modifications by myself...

Teaching Math In 1950:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980:
A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20 Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In 2010:
A logger cuts down some beautiful forest trees because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living?

23 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:18:31 AM by ETL (See my FR Home page for a closer look at today's Communist/Anarchist protest groups)

Oh good the, capitalization crowd has arrived.

quote:

Old story from Ancient Greece —

Ptolemy, ruler of Egypt, was trying to learn geometry and having a difficult time of it.

He asked Euclid if there was a shorter road to learning geometry than through Euclid’s Elements.

Euclid’s famous response: “There is no royal road to geometry.”

Unless, of course, you are White. In that case, your privilege gets you everything all free and easy.

26 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:19:36 AM by ClearCase_guy (Benedict McCain is the worst traitor ever to wear the uniform of the US military.)

quote:

One of the more obvious attempts to undermine Western culture, capitalism, excellence, and all associated with merit based outcome.

33 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:26:10 AM by G Larry (There is no great virtue in bargaining with the Devil)

Pythagoras allegedly studied in Africa. That's about as close as known fact is to this post.

quote:

To: where's_the_Outrage?

Remember the Pythagorean Theorem? Pythagoras was black.

38 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:29:33 AM by DIRTYSECRET (urope. Why do they put up with this.)

"they" 🤔

quote:

What does it matter? they are going to get passing grades anyway! They’ll get jobs in those fields without qualifications, and will never be fired. At this point what difference does it make?

50 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:44:01 AM by I want the USA back (Liberalism is the denial of human nature.)

quote:

Yes, keep on preaching to blacks that gaining knowledge and acquiring academic skills is “acting white.” Then as blacks remain mired in the underclass as they watch young Korean, Vietnamese, Cuban, Gujarati and Nigerian immigrants soar past them, succeeding in school and then in life, you can blame white racism.

55 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:50:03 AM by Fiji Hill

quote:

Halloween cancelled by some schools because it’s not inclusive, can be offensive.

In this justification, all schools, all institutions should simply be closed, because all students cannot take all classes and this is unfair.

Who is responsible for allowing these 10’s of thousands of so-called educators to brainwash America?
WTF happened to this country?

60 posted on 10/23/2017, 6:53:56 AM by No_More_Harkin

quote:

Another nutty prof publishes a book.

If the prof expects students to be competitive in an environment that requires algebra and geometry, that has nothing to do with white privilege.

Those who chose not to study algebra and geometry can probably get jobs as Walmart shelf stockers or McDonald’s fry cooks.

Sounds like the prof is doing a ‘po me’ because those with high level of math skills get more grants and probably have better incomes.

67 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:02:49 AM by TomGuy

"Why does this math education professor have a degree in education!?!?"

quote:

quote:

She is a pompous clown in academic garb. I looked over her C.V., and there is zero evidence that she actually knows much about mathematical subjects at all. Here are her degrees:

UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO
PhD, Education (Curriculum and Instruction), December 1995, cum laude
M.A., Social Sciences, March 1995
Dissertation title— Beyond Tracking: How the Beliefs, Practices, and Cultures of High School Mathematics Departments Influence Student Advancement

STANFORD UNIVERSITY
B.A., Human Biology, 1990

74 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:18:34 AM by Enchante (Bill, Anthony, Harvey .... how does lesbo Hillary manage to surround herself with male predators???)

Her C.V. is actually quite horrifying. Despite zero evidence of “higher” mathematical studies and research beyond high school, she gets various national fellowships and awards for being an ostensible expert in curriculum for mathematics. She has served on various national boards and panels about mathematical education. She regularly evaluates junior professors at many other universities for promotion and tenure.

Her “research” interests are all about race/gender/ethnicity. She is an academic fraud.

Her C.V. is an absolute horror show, lots of pretense and little substance. She is the epitome of the modern “Emperor’s New Clothes” scam in academia. She is not competent to judge anything about mathematical education.

75 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:23:18 AM by Enchante (Bill, Anthony, Harvey .... how does lesbo Hillary manage to surround herself with male predators???)

There's a whole side-thread on "Nepantla" that I won't go in to because it's way over their heads and they just paste google results at each other incredulously.

quote:

To: All

FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD FRAUD

This person is totally unqualified to pronounce upon mathematical subjects.

Rochelle Gutiérrez

Biography

"We act ourselves into new ways of thinking, not the reverse."

Rochelle Gutiérrez

Dr. Gutierrez' scholarship focuses on equity issues in mathematics education, paying particular attention to how race, class, and language affect teaching and learning. Through in-depth analyses of effective teaching/learning communities and longitudinal studies of developing and practicing teachers, her work challenges deficit views of students who are Latin@/x, Black, and/or American Indian and suggests that mathematics teachers need to be prepared with much more than just content knowledge, pedagogical knowledge, or knowledge of diverse students if they are going to be successful. Her current research projects focus upon: developing in pre-service teachers the knowledge and disposition to teach powerful mathematics to urban students; the roles of uncertainty, tensions, and "Nepantla" in teaching; and the political knowledge (and forms of creative insubordination) that mathematics teachers need to effectively teach in an era of high-stakes education.

77 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:28:30 AM by Enchante (Bill, Anthony, Harvey .... how does lesbo Hillary manage to surround herself with male predators???)

As someone with significant problems with abstract mathematical concepts, gently caress you.

quote:

To: Flying Circus

All persons of all races and cultures can use and understand math once they grasp the concepts.

A truer statement could not be made. STEM disciplines are the ultimate level playing field.

This woman’s assertion that all knowledge, even mathematics, is subjective is the road to madness.

Also true. However, this article exposes the weakness of people who either refuse, or are unable to learn even simple STEM principles. Rather than make an effort, it's far easier to say "Math is Racist", and refuse to learn.

80 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:34:51 AM by wbill

Seriously, we're 84 posts in and there are people that read the headline and none of the replies and just reply straight to the OP with poo poo like this.

quote:

The “professor” appears to think that blacks are too stupid to learn Algebra and geometry.

84 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:42:45 AM by FlingWingFlyer (Has Sheila JACKSON LEE changed her name yet?)

I don't even know what the gently caress is wrong with these people.

quote:

Meth does eventually degrade the mind into delusions and hallucinations. Math materializes and transforms into nooses.

96 posted on 10/23/2017, 9:00:04 AM by USCG SimTech

Including this one just for the topic title. Freepers:

quote:

To: Flying Circus

All persons of all races and cultures can use and understand math once they grasp the concepts.

No, NOT all persons can understand math. Some people are retarded, some people are stupid, some people are average, some people are smart, some people are geniuses.

109 posted on 10/23/2017, 1:09:35 PM by NorthMountain (... the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I’m on mobile and can’t check yet, is there anything on Senator Flake’s speech about his retirement/remarks about POTUS being a gigantic chucklefuck?

e: a thread appears! Give it some time to brew.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3598138/posts

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 24, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There are a half dozen threads so far. My favorite is this vanity by JimRob titled Got news for Flake, Corker and the fake media: We're sorry you feel Trump's agenda is a radical...

quote:

Got news for Flake, Corker, RINOs, globalists, et al, and the fake news media: We're very sorry you feel that Trump's America first agenda is a radical departure from politics as usual and that his kick butt demeanor is "unpresidential," but that's precisely why we elected him. We elected Trump to kick your RINO and globalist butts the hell outta there, to drain the swamp and to make America great again!

Good riddance to the departing RINOS. The rest of you should take notice.

We can be reasonably sure that most of the posts in the other threads are similar. I don't expect controversy over this, just pathetic hate.

misdirectomy
Feb 19, 2008
Feels very strange to agree with a freeper. I also think it's good that a republican senator is going to quit and said Trump was a national embarrassment.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

McGlockenshire posted:

There are a half dozen threads so far. My favorite is this vanity by JimRob titled Got news for Flake, Corker and the fake media: We're sorry you feel Trump's agenda is a radical...

We can be reasonably sure that most of the posts in the other threads are similar. I don't expect controversy over this, just pathetic hate.

FReepers: Just Pathetic Hate.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I may need to start a thread someplace with a similar format to dump posts from that Freeper Light-like Gamer forum I keep mentioning. They are having a proper meltdown every time they are goaded and it is beautiful. Their thread on the NFL alone has had me laughing all day.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

evilmiera posted:

I may need to start a thread someplace with a similar format to dump posts from that Freeper Light-like Gamer forum I keep mentioning. They are having a proper meltdown every time they are goaded and it is beautiful. Their thread on the NFL alone has had me laughing all day.

The schadenfreude thread in PYF would be a decent place!

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I wonder how they're gonna react now that news is floating that *surprise* Trump is going to break his word and gently caress with 401ks and other retirement poo poo

That stroke she had years back finally did her in I'll bet. Hopefully she had a few moments to go lay down in the street to die like a good freeper
Or maybe someone finally got her sent off to a mental ward....

McGlockenshire posted:

To: plain talk

The “La” might have confused him, thinking it was a typo for “Lt.”. Why can’t people just give their kids names that can be easily pronounced and spelled? These names create cultural barriers that make real integration more difficult.

31 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:16:02 AM by MHT (,`)

I dunno, why can't a 70 year old man elected to the POTUS be smarter and more empathetic than a five year old? Why can't you just go lay down in a street all ready? You've mooched off the safety net for o;d folks long enough to ensure no one from future genertions gets anything

quote:

quote:

To: Blue Turtle

Whether uranium or not, the reason this story has survived a week is Trump won’t let it die.

52 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:52:26 AM by joesbucks

You sure hate Trump. What a shame.

60 posted on 10/23/2017, 7:57:15 AM by Fantasywriter (Any attempt to do forensic work using Inernet artifacts is fraught with pitfalls. JoeProbono)

DISSENT IN THE RANKS!
Lol, freeper has moment of clarity and the others pounce. What a poo poo show. No wonder they love Trump, he's a one man version of their whole website

Duke Igthorn posted:

"Black people are so thin skinned" she says in the four hundredth post in the third thread to defend the sixth tweet from the president about what the he did a week ago.

Gee, that freeper might as well come right out and say "blacks are monkeys" because that's what I could add up

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 25, 2017

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

SocketWrench posted:

I wonder how they're gonna react now that news is floating that *surprise* Trump is going to break his word and gently caress with 401ks and other retirement poo poo

I dunno, when freep has something that excites them they tend to tune out the world. There's plenty for them to be excited about right now, between hating on Flake, Corker, and McCain, dealing with Fox News' 24/7 coverage of the Clinton uranium bullshit, and last night's thing about the DNC providing secondary funding for the Steele dossier. On the other hand, yeah, that 401k thing really irritated them the first time around, and news just broke that the teenage undocumented immigrant that ICE was stopping from getting an abortion managed to do so this morning.

Regardless, I'm not gonna go looking. I overloaded on negative nasty bullshit yesterday and my tolerance is probably about to be exceeded. I had this in the queue from yesterday because, I mean, look at the article title. It's great.

Here's Conservatives Should Reconsider Their Opposition to Hip-Hop posted by freeper SeekAndFind

The article is pretty crap but given the source it's really not that bad. It quotes some of what conservatives call the "worst" and tries to put it in the slightest bit of context to build understanding, but it fails because, well, white people. Here's the conclusion:

the article posted:

The genre is filled with talented musicians like these. Conservatives may not agree with their politics, and may be repulsed by the crime or drug use that some rappers thoughtlessly champion. But to say, as many conservatives do, that hip-hop is culturally corrosive is to demonstrate a lack of familiarity with the music itself.

This remains an unfortunate blind spot for a political movement with a checkered record on race. Reform-minded conservatives have convincingly argued that the path up from white-identity politics runs toward a civic nationalism that is pan-ethnic, one that celebrates the shared cultural and artistic achievements of all Americans. If they’re right, then the conservative mind ought to rethink hip-hop, a sometimes-great and always uniquely American art form.

Outside world: Hey maybe if we didn't poo poo on American black culture all the time and instead tried to build understanding, we'd be better off as a society.
Freep: I did not read your words and black culture is trash

quote:

To: SeekAndFind

Most of it sounds like profane Baby Talk, but with a (stolen) beat.

3 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:05:36 AM by lee martell

quote:

No reconsideration.
I am doubling, if not tripling down!

6 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:06:36 AM by lee martell

quote:

You could put the Lord’s Prayer into hip-hop, and the music would wreck it.

8 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:08:21 AM by Cicero (Marcus Tullius)

It's plausible that this one read the article.

quote:

Translation: Y’all should love the ghetto

11 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:08:44 AM by Maskot (Put every dem/lib in prison...like yesterday.)

You know how normally I defend freep using the word "globalists" because they don't seem to get the (((globalists))) dogwhistle? I think this might be an exception.

quote:

Globalists trying to break down personal morality.

18 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:11:43 AM by Fido969 (In!)

Our musical tastes are formed during our teenage years, so it's likely that this freeper is in their late 60s to early 70s.

quote:

I do listen to some 1960s anti-war songs because it is good music given though the lyrics are not to my political taste. These songs are mixed in my 1960s and 1970s playlists with other awesome songs from those eras.

Hip-hop is not music it is just noise - and the lyrics are offensive, not just disagreeable. Isn’t it past time for hip-hop to die off and be replaced by real music?

20 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:12:23 AM by rigelkentaurus

quote:

Coming next week from Theodore Kupfer in National Review:

Conservatives Should Reconsider Their Opposition to Stephen Colbert

"Conservatives may not agree with his politics, but one can take issue with his politics while still appreciating his humor, and like NRO he supports multiculturalism and globalism..."

22 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:14:48 AM by Meet the New Boss

"Yes hello I am pasty white and old, let me tell you everything wrong with the blacks"

quote:

The hip hop “culture” has contributed mightily to the self destruction of the black community. In the beginning, rappers like Ice T, NWA and their ilk were providing social commentary on what was happening in their neighborhoods. As they became more famous and consequently more wealthy, inner city kids became more envious of the lifestyle and it’s message of easy money through drug dealing and the glorification of the gang lifestyle. Kids figured if they couldn’t rap and “get paid” they’d bang and be lauded and sung about. You began to see the spread through the music of the gang culture to white suburbia and kids in Nebraska, began wearing doo rags and importing the lifestyle to places like Omaha, which is 73.1% White according the latest census data, but has over 30 known gangs operating within the city limits including, the Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, MS13 and Gangster Disciples. If anything, it’s helped to destroy thousands of lives over the years, hardly something to be lauded.

23 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:15:56 AM by TallahasseeConservative

I almost hope this is another crosspost from the emails thread instead of being OC

quote:

To: Cicero

RE: You could put the Lord’s Prayer into hip-hop, and the music would wreck it.

The Lord’s Prayer
(In Ebonics)

Yo, Big Daddy upstairs,

You be chillin

So be Yo hood

You be sayin’ it, I be doin’ it

In this here hood of Yo’s

Gimme some eats

And cut me some slack, Blood

Sos I be doin’ it to dem

Dat diss

Don’t be pushing me into no jive

And keep dem crips away

Cause you always be da Man, G.

Straight up

28 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:22:11 AM by SeekAndFind

Oh man it's so screwed up that these kids look at their successful role models and want to be just like them.

quote:

To: TallahasseeConservative

If you know anyone who works with black kids in the inner cities, trying to get them on the right path and have a successful life, they’ll tell you that the biggest obstacle they face is that all of these kids want to be:

- Rappers
OR
- Pro athletes

It is impossible therefore to get them focused on any rational, achievable career goals.

29 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:22:47 AM by Buckeye McFrog

Oh yeah, we're absolutely in emails thread crosspost territory now. Look at this poo poo.

quote:

To: Cicero

THE TEN COMMANDMENTS IN EBONICS

I. I be God. Don’t be Dissing me.
(I am the Lord thy God, thou shalt not have any other gods before me)

II. Don’t be makin hood ornaments outta me or nothin in my crib.
(Thou shalt not have any graven images)

III. Don’t be callin me for no reason - homey don’t play that.
(Thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain)

IV. Y’all betta be in church on Sunday.
(Remember to keep the Sabbath day holy)

V. Don’t dis ya mama...an if ya know who ya daddy is, don’t dis him neither.
(Honor thy father and mother)

VI. Don’t ice ya bros.
(Thou shalt not kill)

VII. Stick to ya own woman.
(Thou shalt not commit adultery)

VIII. Don’t be liftin no goods.
(Thou shalt not steal)

IX. Don’t be frontin like you all that an no snitchin on ya homies.
(Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy brother)

X. Don’t be eyein’ ya homie’s crib, ride, woman, or nothin.
(Thou shalt not covet anything that belongs to thy brother)

30 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:23:32 AM by SeekAndFind

What the gently caress is this almost reasonable poo poo, freep. Or, alternatively, lol free market capitalism.

quote:

He’s somewhat correct, though I don’t think he makes the case very well. If you want to say that hip-hop as a whole has had a deleterious effect on the minds of black youth, I’d say that you are correct. Although there are a few positive messages mixed in here and there, as a whole, the impact is negative.

But I do think it’s worth noting that there are some conservative messages that have generally been found within the hip-hop ethos. First, and foremost, in my view, there has always been a strong pro-business streak within hip-hop. Almost alone among musical styles, hip-hop artists have always promoted the idea of fusing artistic talent and business acumen in order to build independent institutions where the artists themselves get paid, not parasites around them.

And it hasn’t just been talk, sure there are other artists that just sell massive numbers of records and make fortunes, but there is an ever-growing list of hip-hop artist who have made more of their money via associated business ventures, such as Andre Young (net worth $820 million), Sean Combs (net worth $820 million) or Shawn Carter (net worth, with his wife $1.16 billion).

I think the article kinds of gets at the second part, but if you listen to the lyrics from the better artists, the perspective is not one of perpetual victimhood, but more a cry for the community in general as well as the individuals within it to change itself for the better. Hip-hop artists usually hit the scene one very small step removed from the realities that are happening in these communities, not the fable tale that the left likes to tell about it. They know the solution is not government programs but change from within.

32 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:25:23 AM by Behind the Blue Wall

quote:

It’s not hip-hop, it’s rap. Changing the name of something doesn’t change what it is: rap crap.

34 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:29:04 AM by Doche2X2

If I keep pasting every stupid thing they say, this is gonna be a long thread, but nevertheless,

quote:

Talking stupid deranged words to the same bass beat they all seem to use is definitely not music and I’m a little worried about the folks that like it .

35 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:29:28 AM by Lionheartusa1 ()-: There is nothing democratic about the democrat party :-()

quote:

I'll take it a step further - I don't like the new "country" music.

Not the lyrics, but the music is starting to incorporate the hip-hop sound.

Disgusting. Fastest way to get me to change from a country station to classical is to play that crap.

36 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:30:49 AM by grobdriver (Where is Wilson Blair when you need him?)

Haven't seen this 1999 freeper in a while. Can anyone translate the tagline?

quote:

What about the old rap of the first generation that wasn't about violence or politics at all but just about having fun? You know, like Jam on It and Rapper's Delight? Why does it always have to be focused on dysfunction and politics? And as for the latter, the clean, radio version of My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me still beats everything else.

Of course, even the "fun" rap contained expletives. This is a huge problem.

And since Blacks are among the very oldest and most American ethnic groups in the country, why does understanding them always have to assume "pan-ethnicism?" These are not recent immigrants fresh off the boat, however disgusting and appalling their politics.

41 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:36:54 AM by Zionist Conspirator (Vegam Yehudah tillachem biYrushalayim . . . .)

Old man yells at cloud.

quote:

To: lee martell

Many of the performers and most of the devotees have the impulse control level of a two year old. When I hear that crap blasting from one of their shorts sitting at a gas pump outside the convenience store or cruising along the Beltway, I want to grab the device that you aim at the noise source and it fries its electronics and/or redirects the sound at the source by a power of one hundred. I’d bet DARPA has had those things for years. Come on, guys, gimme one.

45 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:41:41 AM by VietVet876

ffs, freep, come on

quote:

quote:

Mark Steyn’s article nearby is relevant. He notes that if you mix ice cream and dog feces, it will taste more like dog feces than ice cream. There’s a whole lot of dog feces in hip-hop.

46 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:44:30 AM by AZLiberty (The logical endpoint of "zero-tolerance history" is zero history.)

Here’s a question — is it not even remotely possible for someone to invent/innovate a “conservative values” hip hop genre? ( one with no curse words or foul language in it ).

50 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:47:59 AM by SeekAndFind

quote:

To: central_va

Exactly. Pop “music” isn’t music at all. Most of it is a temper tantrum set to a rock beat.
The screaming, screeching, moaning, self-pitying wails that pass for “singing” these days reminds me of the night I shared a labor room with an 18 year old first time mother giving birth to diagnosed twins. That anyone could be paid, or applauded, for making such noises is astonishing. That anyone should be willing to pay to listen to it is even more astonishing.
I quit listening to it in the late sixties.

54 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:56:25 AM by Wiser now (Socialism does not eliminate poverty, it guarantees it.)

This post had a lot of formatting that I'm not bothering with, except for the link to The Game - My Life, featuring Lil Wayne which I have fixed to point at the official video instead of a lovely rip.

quote:

Believe it or not, rap and hip hop—like every other musical genre—have both bad and good.

I understand people not personally liking a certain style of music—and that's fine—but to flippantly dismiss an entire category out of hand strikes me as total musical snobbery, and is something I learned to assiduously avoid long ago.

While much of hip-hop is garbage—an opinion I hold regarding almost every category of music—there is, to be fair, some very powerful passion, emotion, and, yes, political thought that comes out of hip-hop. Having said that, it's also true that it's replete with the most vile, base, misogynistic lyrical content you will ever encounter.

In my personal experience, however, there are "diamonds in the rough" to be found within all musical styles. For example, I used to despise opera until I saw the movie "Amadeus", which exposed me to some of Mozart's exquisite work in that realm.

So when I hear a line like "f-ck Jesse Jackson cause it ain't about race now" it gets my attention, and I realize that there can be serious and potent content in some hip hop music...

59 posted on 10/24/2017, 11:12:04 AM by sargon ("If we were in the midst of a zombie apocalypse, the Left would protest for zombies' rights.")

quote:

To: sargon

Re: hip hop "music"

...to flippantly dismiss an entire category out of hand strikes me as total musical snobbery

It's crap.

To be considered "music"...that would require musicians....and instruments. These self-styled "musicians"...are at the very most DJs, with drum machines, samplers, crack and....hoes.

Mozart

HELLO!...Mozart was a musical genius. These guys are hate-filled dirtbags.

63 posted on 10/24/2017, 11:24:50 AM by ROCKLOBSTER (RATs, RINOs...same thing)

quote:

To: ek_hornbeck

To your point - I’m inclined to agree with H. L. Mencken who was no mean music critic:

quote:

“The simple truth is that the accentuation of mere rhythm is a proof, not of progress in music, but of a reversion to barbarism. Rhythm is the earliest, the underlying element. The African savage beating his tom tom, is content to go no further; the American composer of fox trots is with him. But music had scarcely any existence as an art-form until melody came to rhythm’s aid, and its fruits were little save dullness until harmony began to support melody. To argue that mere rhythm, unsupported by anything save tone-color, may now take their place is to argue something so absurd that the mere statement is a sufficient answer to it.”
Hip hop and rap are not music. (The vocals are accompanied by a machine that sounds like a garbage can lid being struck by a baseball bat.) Most of both are infantile rhyming that even a first grader could do. The sine qua non of each is misogyny and gratitous violence (with some exceptions to be sure), the more vicious the better, thereby increasing one’s street cred. Do a google search about the death of hip hoppers and rappers. I don’t know of any other “art” form whose practitioners are so acciduously dedicated to killing each other. Incidentally, when someone refers to themselves as an “artist” it is axiomatic they are not an artist (witness Jay-Z, White House guest and “composer” of that imperishable contribution to Western Civilization - “Is That Yo Bitch”?).

So no, I’ll have none of it. It’s a throw back to barbarism.

66 posted on 10/24/2017, 11:51:49 AM by donaldo

quote:

To: central_va

It’s noise and doggerel for the low IQ element of society and others who have mindlessly absorbed the media message that embracing ghetto culture is evidence of being cool and open-minded. Listening to “Rap” and “Hip Hop” will lower your IQ

88 posted on 10/24/2017, 3:09:36 PM by achilles2000 ("I'll agree to save the whales as long as we can deport the liberals")

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

What about the old rap of the first generation that wasn't about violence or politics at all but just about having fun? You know, like Jam on It and Rapper's Delight? Why does it always have to be focused on dysfunction and politics? And as for the latter, the clean, radio version of My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me still beats everything else.

Of course, even the "fun" rap contained expletives. This is a huge problem.

And since Blacks are among the very oldest and most American ethnic groups in the country, why does understanding them always have to assume "pan-ethnicism?" These are not recent immigrants fresh off the boat, however disgusting and appalling their politics.

41 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:36:54 AM by Zionist Conspirator (Vegam Yehudah tillachem biYrushalayim . . . .)
Hey guys if black Africans have been in America so long, why do they still have such separate culture? It's not like they were segregated into their own communities and social institutions for the vast majority of that time.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

McGlockenshire posted:

You could put the Lord’s Prayer into hip-hop, and the music would wreck it.

8 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:08:21 AM by Cicero (Marcus Tullius)

(One youtube search for "Bible hip hop" later)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9-T70C-as

This is an okay song I guess.

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

(One youtube search for "Bible hip hop" later)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ9-T70C-as

This is an okay song I guess.

Gotta stick to the classics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kppx4bzfAaE

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

McGlockenshire posted:

Haven't seen this 1999 freeper in a while. Can anyone translate the tagline?

The last word looks like it could've been some phonetic rendition of "Jerusalem" at some point, but I ran it through Google Translate and it got confused :( Googling the phrase itself only yielded results from Freep, likely the poster in question (I'm not going through 142 posts to check for a lovely nonsensical tagline).

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Icon Of Sin posted:

The last word looks like it could've been some phonetic rendition of "Jerusalem" at some point, but I ran it through Google Translate and it got confused :( Googling the phrase itself only yielded results from Freep, likely the poster in question (I'm not going through 142 posts to check for a lovely nonsensical tagline).

Going word by word:
Vegam Yehudah tillachem biYrushalayim

"Vegam" looks to be part of the phrase "gam vegam" meaning literally "also and also":
Gam vegam, then, means “both this and that.” It works as a phrase – “also this and also that,” with the “this” and “that” implied rather than spelled out – only because Hebrew syntax places “also” before the first item on the list as well as the second.

"Yehudah" appears to be a type of fish, but seriously it's the Hebrew name for Judah:
"In the Old Testament Judah is the fourth of the twelve sons of Jacob by Leah, and the ancestor of the tribe of Judah. An explanation for his name is given in Genesis 29:35. His tribe eventually formed the Kingdom of Judah in the south of Israel."

"tillachem" as far as I can tell means "will fight"
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/tillachem_3898.htm

"biYrushalayim" seems to be a colloquial spelling of the phrase "next year in Jerusalem"

So..."And also Judah will fight next year in Jerusalem"?

It seems to be a very bad translation of Zechariah 14:14: "Judah also will fight at Jerusalem" which...

"Now this will be the plague with which the LORD will strike all the peoples who have gone to war against Jerusalem; their flesh will rot while they stand on their feet, and their eyes will rot in their sockets, and their tongue will rot in their mouth. It will come about in that day that a great panic from the LORD will fall on them; and they will seize one another's hand, and the hand of one will be lifted against the hand of another. Judah also will fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the surrounding nations will be gathered, gold and silver and garments in great abundance. So also like this plague will be the plague on the horse, the mule, the camel, the donkey and all the cattle that will be in those camps."

Cheery!

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

quote:

And as for the latter, the clean, radio version of My Mind's Playing Tricks on Me still beats everything else.

So close to stopped clock syndrome striking again.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo everyone. Click this link and jump to 25 seconds in.

Do it now. Holy loving poo poo.

Edit: and 1:20 :popeye:

Helen Highwater fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Oct 25, 2017

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Holy poo poo. 35 seconds in. Do it. Do it now.

:wtf:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Zipperelli. posted:

Holy poo poo. 35 seconds in. Do it. Do it now.

:wtf:

mother of god :stare:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

> Freep: Jesus is my nigga

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Whereas all I can think of is Freep loving up what day the Sabbath is. I mean yeah, Christians observe Sunday as a holy day instead per doctrines but it is pretty well established what the Sabbath is.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

I'll take it a step further - I don't like the new "country" music.

Not the lyrics, but the music is starting to incorporate the hip-hop sound.

Disgusting. Fastest way to get me to change from a country station to classical is to play that crap.

36 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:30:49 AM by grobdriver (Where is Wilson Blair when you need him?)

I love some rap and hip hop but this Freeper isn't wrong about the newest incarnation of country. poo poo like Florida Georgia Line is insufferable.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Unfortunately the Jesus rap video is probably fake, but the creators have an absolutely perfect sense of comedic timing for making your eyes bulge out of your head.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The reaction videos are priceless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L_2LWtQMwE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SRtdtxEqtUstor

chitoryu12 posted:

Unfortunately the Jesus rap video is probably fake, but the creators have an absolutely perfect sense of comedic timing for making your eyes bulge out of your head.

Probably
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/rappin-for-jesus

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Republican tax plan could affect 401(k) plans, despite Trump assurances

Fake News!

quote:

To: be-baw

They’re going to call it “tax cuts for the rich” no matter what. It will be “fiscally irresponsible.” It will destabilize the economy. It will have people dying in the streets. The media will do all they possibly can to create anxiety over this.

4 posted on 10/25/2017 11:14:16 AM PDT by I want the USA back (Liberalism, like insanity, is the denial of reality.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Folks, please realize this is ABC and the Washington Post.

When have they looked out for taxpayers? When have they been a reliable source of information?

Hang in there.

6 posted on 10/25/2017 11:16:22 AM PDT by DoughtyOne (Rush Limbaugh: 45% of California families speak a foreign language at home. Oth src: full U.S. 21%)

quote:

o: DIRTYSECRET

Oh believe me, the vampires on the Hill are always scheming on ways to go after supposed tax-protected funds - retirement accounts, university endowments. They can’t help themselves. Whenever they see a golden goose, they want to cook it right away.

7 posted on 10/25/2017 11:16:52 AM PDT by NohSpinZone (First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Obviously to make it better!

quote:

Republican tax plan could affect 401(k) plans, despite Trump assurances

Yes, it will make 401(k) accounts grow with the stimulus to the economy of more cash on hand to spend by Americans.

8 posted on 10/25/2017 11:17:50 AM PDT by higgmeister ( In the Shadow of The Big Chicken)

:tinfoil:

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

They aren’t but here is what concerns me: I do not trust Congress one iota to ever do the right thing.

I think they are deliberately sabotaging the tax plan to saddle Trump with a bad deal or then bash him if he vetoes a “reasonable” tax cut for the “people.”

9 posted on 10/25/2017 11:19:41 AM PDT by LS ("Castles Made of Sand, Fall in the Sea . . . Eventually" (Hendrix))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

Have I said Fake News yet?

quote:

Geez, like I believe anything — anything — ABC Disney tells me. Their only purpose is to plant seeds of discord, doubt and mistrust for purposes of assisting their Communist brethren in the Democrat Party.

Pffft...

12 posted on 10/25/2017 11:26:03 AM PDT by Obadiah

Yes, this would never pass with noted man of principles Donald J Trump at the helm!

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

Exactly. As long as Trump is committed and holds the veto pen there is nothing to see here.

17 posted on 10/25/2017 11:33:52 AM PDT by Buckeye McFrog
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Buckeye McFrog

I’d love to see tax relief, but if it’s a bad bill, I’d ten times rather see a veto.

18 posted on 10/25/2017 11:35:06 AM PDT by DoughtyOne (Rush Limbaugh: 45% of California families speak a foreign language at home. Oth src: full U.S. 21%)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies]

The fakiest of Fake News ever!

quote:

To: LS

If back channel warnings to Congress aren’t working, Trump needs to publicly state that he’ll veto any bill that hurts retirement savings plans.

OTOH, since this is wapo, et. al. reporting, their 401k “news” is probably just fake pot stirring ...

21 posted on 10/25/2017 11:57:18 AM PDT by catnipman ( Cat Nipman: Vote Republican in 2012 and only be called racist one more time!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

quote:

To: DoughtyOne; All; LS

“That may be LS, but the time to address these things, is when we have a bill on the table.”

From the time the plan is public until it’s voted on will be less than 24hrs.

And it will be 1500 pages, easy.

24 posted on 10/25/2017 12:00:11 PM PDT by Mariner (War Criminal #18)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Mariner

Seems to me we are too willing to criticize plans based on what the Leftist media spoon feeds us.

The same folks that published the Russian Dossier, is our go-to source for attacking.

Folks get all angry, and if not careful, trashing Trump for something that there is no sound basis for attacking him over.

27 posted on 10/25/2017 12:03:17 PM PDT by DoughtyOne (Rush Limbaugh: 45% of California families speak a foreign language at home. Oth src: full U.S. 21%)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

:newlol:

quote:

To: WVMnteer

Well, he simply can’t sign one that is all DACA, no everify, hits retirement accounts, etc.

I believe he wants to sign a bill, but I’m pretty sure he’s not nuts.

32 posted on 10/25/2017 3:49:25 PM PDT by LS ("Castles Made of Sand, Fall in the Sea . . . Eventually" (Hendrix))
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 25 | View Replies]

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

FReep: white people have racism in their DNA.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

GreyjoyBastard posted:

it wasn't Kenya

You're right of course. Thats what I get for posting after 6 hours of sleep in 48 hours while thinking about RW conspiracies.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

"I'll take it a step further - I don't like the new "country" music."

That also perfectly encapsulates the entirety of what Freep is about and could be a title.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

evilmiera posted:

That also perfectly encapsulates the entirety of what Freep is about and could be a title.

Better idea: Freepers - I'll take it a step further - I don't like

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

evilmiera posted:

To be fair, they ain't wrong on that particular subject

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
I dunno, I'm a big fan of Freep: No reconsideration. I am doubling, if not tripling down!

quote:

No reconsideration.
I am doubling, if not tripling down!

6 posted on 10/24/2017, 10:06:36 AM by lee martell

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Best title ought to be forever title: The revolution will be disavowed as a false flag op

My Face When
Nov 28, 2012

Hide your healthcare.
Hide your wife.

Apparently, Texans owner McNair was quoted "We can't have the inmates running the prison" when discussing the anthem protests. DeAndre Wilson skipped practice today due to the comments.

All I'm thinking is how many freep threads will there be?

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Those battered by opioid epidemic applaud Trump effort, but ask 'where's the money?'

:downsrim:

quote:

To: Wolfie

Where’s the money? No money... it would just be blown on drugs!

2 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 12:59:10 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Pearls Before Swine (White is the new Black.)

Because if there’s one thing Trump is known for it's paying off his debts.

quote:

As he always does, Trump will come through and fulfill this commitment. The money will be there.

3 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:00:01 GMT-0700 (PDT) by jmaroneps37 (Conservatism is truth. Liberalism is lies.)

quote:

I wish Trump left this issue alone. I wish Trump left the middle east and afghanistan alone.

I wish Trump concentrated on 3 things:
1. Building the Wall
2. Building America
3. Building up the conservative Republican base

All else is superfluous, in my opinion.

5 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:01:46 GMT-0700 (PDT) by samtheman (Clinton colluded with the Russians to falsely accuse Trump of colluding with the Russians.)

Freepers with their typical level of compassion.

quote:

Here in PA, the Wolfe Administration is spending millions to provide overdose kits to police. The police use them to revive people who overdose.

So now the kids have “overdose parties”, knowing the police will come and save them.

“Where’s The Money?” It’s in the saving from not buying overdose kits.

6 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:02:36 GMT-0700 (PDT) by airborne (I don't always scream at the TV but when I do it's hockey playoffs season!)

quote:

I am sympathetic to those who get caught up in drugs, but this may be a problem for Chalres Darwin to solve.
7 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:02:41 GMT-0700 (PDT) by suijuris
Typical leftist response.

8 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:03:26 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Da Coyote

I wonder why North Dakota and Kentucky would get different treatment than Harlem or LA. :thunk:

quote:

To: suijuris

If the geography were South Central Los Angeles and Harlem instead of North Dakota and Kentucky, the solution would be the same as it was for the Crack Epidemic: Mandatory Minimums and body bags.

9 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:04:28 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Wolfie
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

So lousy, inattentive parents now blame TRUMP for not handing them cash?

13 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:08:53 GMT-0700 (PDT) by montag813

Jfc they're not even trying to hide it anymore.

quote:

Gibs me dat money

14 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:09:26 GMT-0700 (PDT) by proust (Since a politician never believes what he says, he is quite surprised to be taken at his word.)

quote:

“Give us the money...or we won't give up the opioids!”

15 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:10:27 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Cowboy Bob

"Have you ever considered maybe not becoming addicted to the happy pills in the first place?"

quote:

I think it’s more an issue of strength of character rather than some stealthy “addiction” accosting an unwary passerby.

I was prescribed codeine for some nerve issues by a doctor. Honestly, the drug barely had an effect on me, except to help me sleep a little. But it certainly wasn’t allowed to get a hold on me.

18 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:14:10 GMT-0700 (PDT) by fwdude (Why is it that the only positive things to come out of LGBT organizations are their AIDS tests?)

:killing:

quote:

Kids are notoriously stupid and prone to making bad decisions. I will never be willing to let them die while ignoring the dealers. Never. I think the police need more power to prosecute the war on drugs. Start shooting heroin dealers in the back of the head and watch how this problem goes away. and I’m not even joking. Start killing those MFers.

20 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:15:08 GMT-0700 (PDT) by RC one (The 2nd Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances)

quote:

Throwing money at those proud, cocky troublemakers won’t help. There’s human misery all over the place from recreational drug abuse. Save the neighbors victimized by the pushers, the addicts and their friends. Shut down the preachers of the drug and pit bull religion by arresting them all. Put them in camps in the desert...or in the ocean.

23 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:17:14 GMT-0700 (PDT) by familyop ("Welcome to Costco. I love you." --Costco greeter in the movie, "Idiocracy")

quote:

Nobody’s ever had to spend money to keep me away from drugs.Am I especially strong and wise or are today's Americans just weak and hedonistic?

26 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:19:50 GMT-0700 (PDT) by Gay State Conservative (ObamaCare Works For Those Who Don't.)

Problem solving Freep style.

quote:

To: outpostinmass2

Walling off the southern border won’t work. Instead, take all of the drugs that are confiscated coming across the border, break it all up into small baggies, load it all on a C-130 and drop it over every city in Mexico (or wherever it originated from). Better yet, simply fly it south of the border and dump it all into Mexico’s water supply. And do the same to China, since a lot of the drugs originate from there.

33 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:27:28 GMT-0700 (PDT) by LIConFem
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: LIConFem

"And do the same to China, since a lot of the drugs originate from there."

I was of the same opinion before but have begun to see the light. The drugs coming from China have been killing part of the problem. Hopefully, they'll make them even more potent and get rid of the problem altogether.

Just take cover, and keep the kids off the toxic streets, until it's over. Don't let them touch anything outside their homes without thinking twice. When it's all over, we can put on protective suits and clean up the garbage with front end loaders, dump trucks and scrapers (earth movers for digging the pits).

41 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:35:12 GMT-0700 (PDT) by familyop ("Welcome to Costco. I love you." --Costco greeter in the movie, "Idiocracy")
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 33 | View Replies]

quote:

They’re selling pot, mushrooms and everything else to kids! Don’t eat fast food. The fast food joints are full of disease-carrying dope fiends including dealers. Some of them are armed with illegal weapons. They’re selling pot and weapons from drive-through windows. They brag about their pit bulls chewing on kids.

Warnings are going out in small cities, before police walk up to the counters and ask all of the employees where to get some weed. They’re not trying!

Make them start doing their jobs. They haven’t really been trying to bust drug dealers since the ‘60s. Corporations are not doing proper random drug tests. They always send warnings to employees well in advance, so employees can pass more water through their bodies in time to beat the tests!

Boycott businesses that hire drug addicts or dealers! Elect cleaner cut, drug-free sheriffs! Do something about it!

35 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:27:41 GMT-0700 (PDT) by familyop ("Welcome to Costco. I love you." --Costco greeter in the movie, "Idiocracy")

Have I mentioned that Duterte is awesome?

quote:

To: familyop

I like Duerte. He definitely has the right idea with regards to the drug problem and I’m glad to see our wrinkly relationship with him smoothing out after the Trump election.

40 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:33:55 GMT-0700 (PDT) by RC one (The 2nd Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

Oh boy, it's this poo poo again!

quote:

Let's take the money from Federal coverage of opioids (all health insurances including Federal unions) and use it to hair follicle drug test all Federal check recipients and drug screen all state and Federal potential employees. That would cut the budget and opioid use and get those with drug fried brains out of the bureaucracy.

46 posted on Fri Oct 27 2017 13:45:36 GMT-0700 (PDT) by ricmc2175

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What's the "drug and pit bull religion" besides Freep dogwhistling?

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

Jagged Jim posted:

quote:

So now the kids have “overdose parties”, knowing the police will come and save them.

Bullshit.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bullshit.
[/quote]

Narcan gets processed out of the body within an hour maybe a little more. Heroin lasts longer so you would be in the same spot in an hour or so. Plus if you give too much Narcan and you have been using heroin for a long time, you will violently poo poo and puke yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Lote posted:

Bullshit.

Narcan gets processed out of the body within an hour maybe a little more. Heroin lasts longer so you would be in the same spot in an hour or so. Plus if you give too much Narcan and you have been using heroin for a long time, you will violently poo poo and puke yourself.

Yeah uh Narcan basically empties every heroin receptor in the body all at once so it's 100% full on detox the moment they wake up. It's not awesome at all.