Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

If it is no one has reported it yet. Like I said WWE can still keep stuff secret.

Except that you are claiming to know, and as such, they didn't keep it secret.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

Except that you are claiming to know, and as such, they didn't keep it secret.

I made no claim. I was just stating the fact that WWE has curtained off a section of the Performance Center. Which is doubling up on the secrecy the Performance Center usually operates on as people who attend there are told to keep quiet about the comings and goings.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just go pull the curtain back rov. Take some pictures buddy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain rumors.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

Just go pull the curtain back rov. Take some pictures buddy.

I tried

https://twitter.com/TonyDmachine/status/923119678519640064

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

This guy is cool

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Eagerly awaiting the debut of “Rude-y” Rhoda Roundhousey.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Faustian Bargain posted:

Eagerly awaiting the debut of “Rude-y” Rhoda Roundhousey.

https://twitter.com/DonovanDijak/status/922865511330930688

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I want Rudo Ronda Rousey who uses the same mannerisms as Rush and picks fights with the lovely full sail crowd

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

mkay0 posted:

‘Jinder is better than Brock’ - lol, never change, goons

Summerslam’s main event was the WWE MotY, and Jinder is having two star matches with hall of fame guys.

Gain, that's not the argument. Brock is way, way, way better than Jinder. Jinder sucks. But Brock's reign sucks balls. Jinder's reign sucks balls too but at least he's on the show and getting challenged for me to want to see get dethroned. Its a back handed compliment because I think all of WWE's champions suck (except maybe the SD Tag Champs). Which isn't to say the wrestlers holding the titles suck. Agree or disagree, but follow the logic? A wrestler can be good but their booking can be bad.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Garbage that shows up every week just makes you put up with an onslaught of garbage you don't care about.

Brock's has been incredibly lazy and nothing but Suplex City matches, but they're still better than Jinder, and they're also less frequent so it hasn't gotten as worn out as it would if it was more often.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

he debuted on the main roster with a mighty mouse gimmick :ssh:

I mean he's the most technically proficient wrestler and his main events don't draw

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

spongeh posted:

Garbage that shows up every week just makes you put up with an onslaught of garbage you don't care about.

Brock's has been incredibly lazy and nothing but Suplex City matches, but they're still better than Jinder, and they're also less frequent so it hasn't gotten as worn out as it would if it was more often.

You also have to consider my perspective (and I've only been speaking from my view). I don't subscribe to the Network. I've subscribed many times over the years when something actually compels me too. So when I'm talking about the reins I'm talking about the big picture storytelling of the Raws/Smackdowns and PPV match results (some of which I've seen, most of which I haven't). Brock wrestling good matches is good, but the question is does WWE build that match up so that its one I'm interested in watching? My answer is simply "no." If there's no drama or storytelling to it than even if its a Match of the Year I can just go back and watch it some other time. Since I don't actually care about the story or characters.

Brock is a good wrestler. WWE is bad at making me care whether he wins or loses.

Hinoarashi
Mar 28, 2010

rovert posted:

Anyway, no one knew about Kane's return or what is really deal with Summer Rae. WWE can still cover stuff up.

What is really the deal with Summer Rae?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Summer Rae died six months ago and was replaced by a body double like Paul McCartney

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

You also have to consider my perspective (and I've only been speaking from my view). I don't subscribe to the Network. I've subscribed many times over the years when something actually compels me too. So when I'm talking about the reins I'm talking about the big picture storytelling of the Raws/Smackdowns and PPV match results (some of which I've seen, most of which I haven't). Brock wrestling good matches is good, but the question is does WWE build that match up so that its one I'm interested in watching? My answer is simply "no." If there's no drama or storytelling to it than even if its a Match of the Year I can just go back and watch it some other time. Since I don't actually care about the story or characters.

Brock is a good wrestler. WWE is bad at making me care whether he wins or loses.

I'd argue that that's because the story often isn't 'will Brock lose?' but 'watch Brock murder this man'. The last few title matches WERE built around the idea that the contenders were legitimate threats, in that Joe and then Joe/Reigns/Strowman were all shown to be on Brock's level, and to have tools that could take the beast down. Now outside of the four way, the matches were at best decent, but the builds were excellent, I feel, at selling the threat. And given that those programs did seem to actually pop ratings somewhat, that would indicate that it was effective on a larger scale, albeit not for you.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

can you stop probating rovert for no reason

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

yea ok posted:

He keeps doing the thing J-Ru expressly and specifically told him to stop doing like a million loving times. :lol:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

yea ok posted:

The boy has like two rules and the most lax moderator on the forum and he keeps breaking the rules so :v:

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

what rule did he break? he said there's a curtained off area at the performance center, then, because the conversation was about wwe keeping things secret, made a joke about how they keep what's behind the curtain secret. sorry about your vendettas but it's frankly embarrassing.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they all thought he was saying he knew the secret, even though he didn't. Not only should he be taken off probation but it feels fair to give him multiple passes on the next couple since he is being scrutinized so hard like me.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Stop probating rovert, and me, and gently caress off for making me read the spoiler thread at all

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

I'd argue that that's because the story often isn't 'will Brock lose?' but 'watch Brock murder this man'. The last few title matches WERE built around the idea that the contenders were legitimate threats, in that Joe and then Joe/Reigns/Strowman were all shown to be on Brock's level, and to have tools that could take the beast down. Now outside of the four way, the matches were at best decent, but the builds were excellent, I feel, at selling the threat. And given that those programs did seem to actually pop ratings somewhat, that would indicate that it was effective on a larger scale, albeit not for you.

That's fair, just for me the appeal of "See Brock Crush" burned out a few years ago. When Joe's turn came up I wanted to get into it and I watched but I just didn't believe. Now to a certain extent that could be longterm booking and not the fault of the actual Brock/Joe build, but as I remember Joe never really looked tough against Brock. I know they sold the Clutch as a move that could beat Brock and I think they did a good job with that, but I also remember him basically jumping Brock from behind and beating up Heyman to sell it. Which all kind of felt like the same wall up between Brock and everyone else to me.

But there's no doubt I'm jaded and cynical and that's why I emphasize the difference between my perspective and the average weekly viewer/Network subscriber around here who will generally be more open because they're generally more engaged and entertained.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I don't have an issue with Brock being the next "Undertaker at Wrestlemania" except he does it every couple months when he shows up but it creates two problems right now where he's obviously only being saved for Roman Reigns (yet again) and The Miz never defends his championship anyway so it just makes RAW look like they have no champions.

This is more of a WWE Thread discussion than a spoilers thread discussion tho since the feud's already started on TV

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I want Rudo Ronda Rousey who uses the same mannerisms as Rush and picks fights with the lovely full sail crowd

Didn't you watch Strikeforce Ronda Rousey? It was 100% a heel act until Dana White decided to turn her into the white-bread babyface of women's MMA.

Edit: According to Meltzer she's been at the PC this past week, so that's probably why the secrecy.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Oct 26, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Bard Maddox posted:

Summer Rae died six months ago and was replaced by a body double like Paul McCartney

I think I could tell the difference between Summer Rae and Paul McCartney in a blonde wig

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

I think I could tell the difference between Summer Rae and Paul McCartney in a blonde wig

Maybe physically, but wrestling ability-wise it's hard to distinguish.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rovert should be freed because he was waiting on Dave to talk about it in the Observer

and he did

and the person behind the curtain was Ronda

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RealFoxy posted:

I don't have an issue with Brock being the next "Undertaker at Wrestlemania" except he does it every couple months when he shows up but it creates two problems right now where he's obviously only being saved for Roman Reigns (yet again) and The Miz never defends his championship anyway so it just makes RAW look like they have no champions.

This is more of a WWE Thread discussion than a spoilers thread discussion tho since the feud's already started on TV

this is pointless because HHH is blatantly trying to make himself the new "Undertaker at Wrestlemania" not Brock.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Also free bad poster Rovert, who did nothing wrong this time

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dave noted the RAW Womens Survivor Series team will be as follows:

quote:

Alicia Fox (Captain) , Sasha Banks, Bayley, Mickie James & Nia Jax (due to return next week). Notable absence of course being Asuka.

I mean they'll probably fit Asuka in somewhere on the card, hopefully still not stuck in a feud with Emma. Although I do have a theory on why they kept her off the RAW team. It would be too obvious that RAW would win then.

Another more unlikely theory is they could have Asuka win the title from Alexa before Survivor Series, and go in to face Natalya. The card as it stands is very heavy on heel vs heel matches, and that makes me think its not too unlikely that they'll change things up.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Oct 26, 2017

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Asuka not being on the team is all inservice of the streak.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Emma is conveniently not on that team either.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
There's a reason why they made Alicia Fox the captain. She'll leave Asuka off the team because she's crazy. Then she'll get squashed on RAW the next night.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Emma is conveniently not on that team either.

Eh. While I can see the Emma vs Asuka feud continuing, it would be dragging on for way too long at that point, especially since Emma has been beaten twice in a row now by Asuka.

Oh who am I kidding? Emma is the Bray Wyatt of the Womens Division.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DarkstarIV posted:

Eh. While I can see the Emma vs Asuka feud continuing, it would be dragging on for way too long at that point, especially since Emma has been beaten twice in a row now by Asuka.

Oh who am I kidding? Emma is the Bray Wyatt of the Womens Division.

Sister Abigail is the Bray Wyatt if the women's division

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Rovert vs SA mods is still a better storyline then anything WWE has done in the past 10 years

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

super macho dude posted:

Rovert vs SA mods is still a better storyline then anything WWE has done in the past 10 years

There's a really good rant from an old B&V show that probably describes what Jerusalem is feeling right now.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

and much like Nia Jax walking out youre a dumb-dumb if you side with management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I would link it but Jru probated the person who mentioned it for trying to provoke rovert.