Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I love the Eviscerator but I feel like it's maybe too powerful on Normal? There's very little I don't feel confident about soloing with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
^^^ If you can get consistent headshots with the blades you can easily solo Scrakes on HoE. It's Berserk's slow-but-powerful ranged option. But it's not as great at crowd control and you sacrifice some mobility so it isn't the default best weapon every time.

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for cheating perks in KF1 or 2, as I believe that info is stored client-side. Plus it's not like cheating up to 25 has a negative impact on other players, aside from dumb noobs doing that then jumping into HoE games without learning how to play first. If the main game was PvP it would be much more of an issue.

More dumb video clips:

This SS catches a giant wave of zedtime and stunts the hell out of some trash enemies

This is how much I dislike Gorefasts (alternate pun: Gorebash)

A Stalker then a Bloat face harsh rejection

Hans owns me so hard I leave the map in shame

Tragically, this Clot died on the way back to his home planet

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So we can all agree that the Nailgun is terrible for either perk it goes with, what do you guys think would be the best way to make it not suck eggs?

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

drrockso20 posted:

So we can all agree that the Nailgun is terrible for either perk it goes with, what do you guys think would be the best way to make it not suck eggs?

Instead of single fire single shot versus shotgun it's rapid fire full auto versus shotgun, double the ammo count, and let Berserker get the speed bonus while running with it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Pope Guilty posted:

Any tips for dealing with getting swarmed as demo without the grenade pistol? I got swarmed while armed only with the grenade launcher and seeker six and neither actually detonates at point blank range.

Don't use the Seeker 6. I keep trying to make it work and it just doesn't. The M79 and RPG7 you do what the other posters suggest and just jump & aim a bit behind whatever is close to you, be it ground, wall, or ceiling, and you take very little damage while everything on your dies or gets staggered. It's very effective, and lets you remain independent of requiring teammates. The Seeker 6, even with the perk that increases blast radius, simply does not do enough splash damage to let you do this. If you aim close the rocket won't arm and you're hosed, if you aim far the splash radius won't be enough to kill or even stagger the zeds.

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
The Sucker 6 is just as bad as it was on KF1, I don't know why they're so afraid of the M32. Old favorite my left foot.

Has anyone experienced any trouble getting their second vault box? I restarted a couple of times after hitting the 1.5m threshold and I've got nothing.

Communist Zombie
Nov 1, 2011

Takes No Damage posted:

I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for cheating perks in KF1 or 2, as I believe that info is stored client-side. Plus it's not like cheating up to 25 has a negative impact on other players, aside from dumb noobs doing that then jumping into HoE games without learning how to play first. If the main game was PvP it would be much more of an issue.

Well if you do cheat your perks dont use SAM cause i tried and it broke the perk i used it on, would show wrong amount for exp and didnt seem to count exp towards it until in a single game I got enough to legit level up

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

drrockso20 posted:

I agree with the improve rate of for for single shot. Shotgun mode is still useful. But add in a third option to actual use the nail gun on physical hit on a zed. Have it drain 5 nails and count as a melee hit with a high chance to stumble.

For the guy asking about being swarmed as a demo I usually keep at least two sticks of tnt in case I get cornered. Take the perk that lets them expire on contact. Throw them directly at the nearest zed.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I know KF is a co-op game, but I feel like that I win whenever I am the last player standing in a 6 person game and I finish the wave. It's not just carrying everyone else, it's the fact they have to watch me do it. It turns out the real monster is the player.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

clockworkjoe posted:

I know KF is a co-op game, but I feel like that I win whenever I am the last player standing in a 6 person game and I finish the wave. It's not just carrying everyone else, it's the fact they have to watch me do it. It turns out the real monster is the player.

On the higher player count servers on HoE it often ends up with a small group of medics/berzekers and it becomes a spectacle sport for all of us that bit the dust. Lots of cheering and fanfare when the zed numbers dwindle down. Also jeering if someone makes a dumb mistake and a FP wipes them.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Even on stock servers it isn't unusual for Medics or Berserks to outlast the other classes, a movement bonus is solid gold in the game. Like the old joke goes, you don't have to run faster than a FP, just faster than the Support class next to you.

Zed Time is my Sexy Time

Taking this Husk for a ride

A wicked backhand

This FP valiantly sacrificed himself so I could max out Berserk :)

Hans gets a bop on the noggin

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I like your gifs, keep 'em coming. I am sad you did not give that bloat any Mardi Gras beads though.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Takes No Damage posted:

Even on stock servers it isn't unusual for Medics or Berserks to outlast the other classes, a movement bonus is solid gold in the game. Like the old joke goes, you don't have to run faster than a FP, just faster than the Support class next to you.

This FP valiantly sacrificed himself so I could max out Berserk :)

Hans gets a bop on the noggin

These two are way satisfying :allears:

It's dumb but I really like the whole "toss all your dosh and grenades when you win" ritual that everyone does.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

This gif got me to try the Bonecrusher and it's pretty fun! How do you get it to knock that Stalker away like that?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
Anyone else having issues with this Dosh Vault thing? Hit my fifth milestone (250,000) but this is the second time I haven't gotten a crate despite restarting the game several times and over like an hour or two; the first happened like 3 days ago so it's clear the drops are bugged. They don't even show up in steam inventory like when similar things happened in TF2. I don't really care enough to email Tripwire complaining over free items but if I've only got a 50/50 chance of even getting anything for the couple hours I put in might as well stop doing the dailies.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
The .500s clown on this weekly's boss. Solo'd it, felt pretty good about it

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pope Guilty posted:

This gif got me to try the Bonecrusher and it's pretty fun! How do you get it to knock that Stalker away like that?

It just depends on how KF2's physics and ragdoll engine is feeling that moment. I assume it's at least partially based on the type of damage (blunt) and the strength of the attack, so you don't see bodies flying off to the horizon when you kill them with the 9mm.

Also make sure you're liberally abusing the melee bash attack of the Bonecrusher, seems like it's almost as powerful as a strong attack and it comes out way faster.

Abandoned Toaster posted:

Anyone else having issues with this Dosh Vault thing? Hit my fifth milestone (250,000) but this is the second time I haven't gotten a crate despite restarting the game several times and over like an hour or two; the first happened like 3 days ago so it's clear the drops are bugged. They don't even show up in steam inventory like when similar things happened in TF2. I don't really care enough to email Tripwire complaining over free items but if I've only got a 50/50 chance of even getting anything for the couple hours I put in might as well stop doing the dailies.

I'm noticing this too. Last night I did the Weekly and got a crate, and the 500k put me 50k away from hitting another crate. Did my 3rd daily challenge, Dosh Vault says I got another crate, but I never saw one in my inventory. Was thinking maybe it only lets one crate drop every day or something?

Ledgy posted:

SPEAKING OF, I had the most ridiculous game last night. Was playing with a full team on Prison trying to do the Weekly. I've been messing around with SS again because bobbleheads. We get to the end easily enough but draw King FP for the boss and eventually it's just me and the medic left. The medic starts kiting KFP around this little strip of fence in the courtyard area of the map while I frantically fend off QPs and scavenge for Railgun ammo. Apparently if you have sharp enough corners to work with you can kite KFP forever, because this poor medic ran little tiny laps around this fence for like 5 minutes while I sat across the courtyard taking potshots at the boss. I took down his entire shield and finished him off this way. I've got a clip on my other PC but I only save the last 60 seconds so I'm not sure yet how much of that you can see.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Ledgy posted:

What's the weekly this week? Slomomode?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Theta Zero posted:

What's the weekly this week? Slomomode?

Bighead. Time to bust out your Sharpshooters and Gunslingers.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Alacron posted:

It's dumb but I really like the whole "toss all your dosh and grenades when you win" ritual that everyone does.

I like that as a firebug I can wait until everyone piles their dosh up and I can feel like a boss by tossing a grenade and setting all of it ablaze.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

aniviron posted:

I like your gifs, keep 'em coming. I am sad you did not give that bloat any Mardi Gras beads though.

I'd be interested to see a man-hour breakdown of how much work some poor bastard at TW had to put into Bloat jiggle physics :gonk:

Leveling Sharpshooter like with a baws.

Found a server with friendly fire the other day. It went about as well as you'd expect. I left some time at the end to see the aftermath in chat.

This video is from that same game. Everybody dead except the Survivalist who is able to kite KFP around the island because of his speed boost. It's been like 5 minutes and he's already taken down the boss' shield and if he just keeps doing the same thing he'll eventually win. He's so confident he starts typing messages to us WHILE dodging attacks, what a badass :allears:

Then hubris happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4NKDNhVCKo

And this is the aforementioned KFP kite on the Prison map. I don't know if he just started skipping his dashing animation or what but after a few minutes he started levitating around after the medic. This was a weird rear end fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPM7kt65UYk

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

I'd be interested to see a man-hour breakdown of how much work some poor bastard at TW had to put into Bloat jiggle physics :gonk:

I am certain that must have been a labor of love though.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
why the gently caress do so many LPers only post solo games of KF2? I want see chaos and mayhem not 1 guy endlessly kiting a horde around.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

clockworkjoe posted:

why the gently caress do so many LPers only post solo games of KF2? I want see chaos and mayhem not 1 guy endlessly kiting a horde around.

two potential answers:

1) an LP is about a curated experience and there is no way to provide that with a bunch of people you don't know.
2) the LPer is a colossal egomaniac

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
This game's pretty fun ! I'm glad I just stopped playing during its rocky periods, the only minor grip I have is how resistant Gorefiends are. They should not require half a deagle's mag to put down !

The bosses are also pretty tedious, but I'm slowly learning. I can solo patty & hand pretty reliably (I mainly play solo games) but KFP's wrecking me.

I hope this game somehow earns a second wind eventually. the community's little (as deserved, of course) but I feel that the game in its current state should be able to regain some steam if they play their cards right.

I dunno, most players I had the chance to play with were good people. I played a suicidal game as Medic to carry a Zerker, and he friended me as the game went to poo poo cause we weren't ready for the difficulty. That's one he'll of an experience, and I hope it stays that way.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 26, 2017

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

When I play I only ever lose to Hans. Everything else is cheesable with freeze grenades.

I still have no idea how Hans fits into the "lore" (ugh) of KF2.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Foreskin Problems posted:

When I play I only ever lose to Hans. Everything else is cheesable with freeze grenades.

I think the idea is that Hans' research was in turn an influence on Kevin's own, and then when Kevin started turning the Zed concept to it's current form they started directly working together

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

clockworkjoe posted:

LPing solo sounds dumb as hell, at least get 3 or 4 friends to join in. For example, this bonus video for their L4D LP, the video that made me start playing KF1 so long ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK-d0Nwtu0U

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Takes No Damage posted:

LPing solo sounds dumb as hell, at least get 3 or 4 friends to join in. For example, this bonus video for their L4D LP, the video that made me start playing KF1 so long ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK-d0Nwtu0U

People who post solo LP videos of this game probably don't have any friends.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
im lord mune

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

ponzicar posted:

People who post solo LP videos of this game probably don't have any friends.

Anyways we discovered recently that the parry skill makes this particular level of the Descent very, shall we say, vibrant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YBji-wWK_8

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

I need to stop doing dailies. They went out of their way to say they weren't going to restore missed crates

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Try Seeker 6 against Hans. At least on suicidal it completely breaks him and his loving forcefield bullshit down.

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011
What in the hell happened with this game?
Dosh vaults? USB keys?

Why are there so many microtransactions in this now?

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

LeJackal posted:

What in the hell happened with this game?
Dosh vaults? USB keys?

Why are there so many microtransactions in this now?

Still purely cosmetic. You can ignore them and not miss anything.

Except Commando Chicken. Gotta have Commando Chicken.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Eh. Just like Payday, the base game hasn't suffered a bit from this, and getting a steam cent when you complete a game instead of nothing doesn't hurt. But yeah it does suck a bit on principle I agree

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ledgy posted:

Eh. Just like Payday, the base game hasn't suffered a bit from this, and getting a steam cent when you complete a game instead of nothing doesn't hurt. But yeah it does suck a bit on principle I agree

I will say, this is a bit more preferable to KF1's shtick. With like a bajillion DLCs for just one character model that prob had the same voice.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah but just like with the grind in KF2 - an improvement over the KF1 version of it doesn't actually mean it's good.

...however if cosmetics have to be implemented and we all know they're here to stay, Tripwire is making their drat best to make it work for everyone. I also think that it helps to build a playerbase and extends the life of the game a lot, which is something I have really banked on when I picked this up way back in Early Access. So I can't really hate the cosmetics in KF2.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I bought all of TW: Attila DLC and most TW: Warhammer DLC by selling nazi hats from KF2, so my opinion is it is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

I need to stop doing dailies. They went out of their way to say they weren't going to restore missed crates

Seems like you don't get crates for passing the threshold with dailies, but do with the bigger weekly payout?

{TW}zombie mittens posted:

We are aware of reports on Vault Crates not being received and are investigating.

We believe we have identified the issue and are working on a fix (currently in test). We expect after passing QA this update will roll out early next week.

And to reiterate, while in the short term we will not be able to address missed crates we are looking at options while we work towards our next major update later this year.

Weeklies seem to not be affected.

It doesn't look like you actually get the dosh until you click over to the Vault tab, so one thing we could try is still do the dailies (if you like, I sometimes enjoy the incentive to use a specific weapon that I might not otherwise) and just not go to the Vault tab until the patch rolls out.