Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Technowolf posted:

Lionelle Jonson
The Lioness.

Also help, I can't stop picturing Dorn as a woman being basically Professor Minerva McGonagall in power armour.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
RE: Leman Russ chat, I'd be 100% totally loving down with Leman Russ coming back and being literally a Land Raider size Thunderwolf after several thousand years coming to terms with it.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

And The Emperor made all of his sons in his image, all but one that is. That one he thought, "gently caress it, wolfboiz fur lyfe".

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

BaconCopter posted:

And The Emperor made all of his sons in his image, all but one that is. That one he thought, "gently caress it, wolfboiz fur lyfe".

Two of them have literal wings, the Emperor had no idea what he was doing.

Edit: Just the one, I thought one of the traitors had wings too. Probably just remembering when one went daemon prince.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Oct 26, 2017

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

And so the legend goes that after He took a wicked sick beer bong to the dome he burped up, "poo poo man, wings dude."

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Hey question do we have any idea what the next codex after Tyranids will be.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Slann

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Feminids

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Liquid Communism posted:

Oh, and for those of you doubting how well it works, I give you some dictionary love:

lem·an
ˈlemən/Submit
nounarchaic
noun: leman; plural noun: lemans
a lover or sweetheart.
an illicit lover, especially a mistress.

:black101:

Uh, I think you'll find his name us 'le MAN,' drawing on Norse French. Checkmate :smug:

MonsterEnvy posted:

Hey question do we have any idea what the next codex after Tyranids will be.

None. My guess is either the two Angels or Space Wolves + Thousand Sons to close out the year.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

I would be pretty okay with Space Wolves so I didn't have to bring so many books.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
There's this guy at one of the stores here that gets really pissy when I pronounce it Leman with a soft e instead of a hard e. "I've played space wolves for 15 years and I know how my primarch's name is pronounced" and etc when I'm using my tanks. I just ignore him and keep saying it.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

Lemon Rust Battle Tankie

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

chutche2 posted:

There's this guy at one of the stores here that gets really pissy when I pronounce it Leman with a soft e instead of a hard e. "I've played space wolves for 15 years and I know how my primarch's name is pronounced" and etc when I'm using my tanks. I just ignore him and keep saying it.

I hope you follow up by pronouncing Primarch incorrectly too

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Primarsh Lemon Russell

e: also vowels are long or short not hard or soft

Living Image fucked around with this message at 11:57 on Oct 26, 2017

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Fun game, ask nerds how to pronounce Commoragh.

The true answer of course is to scream it at the top of your voice so it devolves into a jumble of syllables ala: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lWv8_5mdk&t=34s

SteelMentor fucked around with this message at 11:56 on Oct 26, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

SteelMentor posted:

Fun game, ask nerds how to pronounce Commoragh.

Coh-MOH-rah. Like Gomorrah with a C.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I mean they're a kind of space mafia...

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Strobe posted:

RE: Leman Russ chat, I'd be 100% totally loving down with Leman Russ coming back and being literally a Land Raider size Thunderwolf after several thousand years coming to terms with it.

:radcat:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Debating between a Knight and a Baneblade with the IG. I really want to get the Knight on the table, but as far as I can see the Baneblade is marginally cheaper than a Knight Crusader, and brings way more guns - the tradeoff is that it's not as good in melee, but I'm not sure that's as valuable as losing some of the guns.

e: also the Knight is less of a pig to deploy since its base is smaller than the Baneblade chassis and the tables at BIG are terrain-heavy.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
https://necromunda.com is up

Pre-order on Nov 11th

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

xtothez posted:

https://necromunda.com is up

Pre-order on Nov 11th

Waiiiiit a minute. Those aren't spires that you can shoot across. It looks like a Space Hulk with gangs....

quote:

The scenarios in the Necromunda: Underhive box focus on confrontations fought in the labyrinthine tunnels of the lower hive cities where many newly-founded gangs first seek to establish themselves. Once your gang has gained some notoriety, the Necromunda: Gang War expansion will allow you to take the action into the open spaces of the manufactory domes above.

Oh snap, that's kind of cool.

Okay, looks like I'm getting one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Oh poo poo there be rules.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I am so stupidly excited for Necromunda. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Broken Record Talk posted:

I am so stupidly excited for Necromunda. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

gently caress yes. Necromunda is the game I always wanted to play but my friends and I sucked at when we were teenagers, I'm keen for a modern version.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Really trying not to be excited by Necromunda just yet. There's a new Tyranid codex around the corner my main 40k army, an Eldar codex for my 2nd army, and Adeptus Titanicus on the radar for next year. Epic was my first ever GW game, Necromunda my second.

At this rate I may as well just have my payslip mailed direct to GW.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

xtothez posted:

Really trying not to be excited by Necromunda just yet. There's a new Tyranid codex around the corner my main 40k army, an Eldar codex for my 2nd army, and Adeptus Titanicus on the radar for next year. Epic was my first ever GW game, Necromunda my second.

At this rate I may as well just have my payslip mailed direct to GW.

It's really unfortunate that they finally changed their strategy to the surprisingly effective "maybe we should sell things people actually want to buy."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

It's really unfortunate that they finally changed their strategy to the surprisingly effective "maybe we should sell things people actually want to buy."

Yeah, gently caress those guys. I have responsibilities and obligations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Well, I think I figured out what terrible thing I'm going to bring to play the 100PL game I have coming up.

+++ Primaris Wolves (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) [100 PL, 2025pts] +++

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [37 PL, 766pts] ++

+ HQ [14 PL, 252pts] +

Bjorn the Fell-handed [14 PL, 252pts]: Heavy flamer [17pts], Helfrost cannon [25pts]

+ Heavy Support [23 PL, 514pts] +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 172pts]: Plasma incinerator [75pts]
. 4x Hellblaster [72pts]
. Hellblaster Sergeant [25pts]: Plasma pistol [7pts]

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 172pts]: Plasma incinerator [75pts]
. 4x Hellblaster [72pts]
. Hellblaster Sergeant [25pts]: Plasma pistol [7pts]

Long Fangs [7 PL, 170pts]
. Long Fang [40pts]: Lascannon [25pts]
. Long Fang [40pts]: Missile launcher [25pts]
. Long Fang [25pts]: Heavy bolter [10pts]
. Long Fang [36pts]: Plasma cannon [21pts]
. Long Fang Pack Leader [29pts]: Frost sword [7pts], Plasma pistol [7pts]

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [63 PL, 1259pts] ++

+ HQ [16 PL, 303pts] +

Primaris Lieutenants [4 PL, 74pts]
. Prmarius Lieutenant [4 PL, 74pts]: Power sword [4pts]

Wolf Lord in Gravis Armor [7 PL, 137pts]: Boltstorm gauntlet [25pts], Master-crafted power sword [10pts]

Wolf Priest [5 PL, 92pts]: Storm bolter [2pts]

+ Troops [23 PL, 456pts] +

Grey Hunters [11 PL, 168pts]: 9x Chainsword, Wolf Standard [10pts]
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader [19pts]: Power axe [5pts]
. 8x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol [112pts]
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon [27pts]: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun [13pts]

Intercessor Squad [6 PL, 144pts]: Bolt rifles, 6x Intercessor [120pts]
. Intercessor Sergeant [24pts]: Power sword [4pts] Chainsword, per Index.

Intercessor Squad [6 PL, 144pts]: Bolt rifles, 6x Intercessor [120pts]
. Intercessor Sergeant [24pts]: Power sword [4pts] Chainsword, per Index.

+ Elites [16 PL, 275pts] +

Aggressor Squad [6 PL, 93pts]: 2x Aggressor [50pts], Aggressor Sergeant [25pts], Auto Boltstorm Gauntlets/Fragstorm Grenade Launcher [18pts]

Reiver Squad [10 PL, 182pts]: Combat knife, Grav Chutes [2pts], 9x Reiver [162pts], Reiver Sergeant [18pts]

+ Fast Attack [8 PL, 225pts] +

Inceptor Squad [8 PL, 225pts]
. Inceptor [75pts]: 2x Assault bolter [30pts]
. Inceptor [75pts]: 2x Assault bolter [30pts]
. Inceptor Sergeant [75pts]: 2x Assault bolter [30pts]

Created with BattleScribe

This isn't very focused at all, and a lot foot sloggy, but it's based on the bits I have lying around. So, mathhammer me a bit at how terrible this thing is, would you?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

40k being so beloved by actual fascists is so strange considering that it was pretty loving left-wing at the start. The Imperium is basically one massive example of fascism left unchecked, and it runs as deep as even Ghazghkull being named after Thatcher.

Yeah, much like any other satire of fascism, it gets unironically beloved by actual fascists.

Also, the Feminist 40k FB is kinda cringey, as much as I agree 100% with their mission. Like the guy who had to be convinced to change his Youtube name from Genderstealer Cucktist.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Going to babby's first tournament this saturday. My army is 80% painted, and I am excited to play something else than my buddy's Chaos cheese FW army.

I'm bringing a mix of normal and bigmarines, a few tanks and a squad of Adeptus Custodes in a Land Raider, lead by Inquisitor Greyfax. Not much unit spam, but I'm bringing a 10 man Hellblaster squad backed up with a lieutenant, captain and ancient as my firing base.

When you go to no-stakes tournaments, do you run into a lot of WAAC, or could I possibly run into some other chillhams?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Going to babby's first tournament this saturday. My army is 80% painted, and I am excited to play something else than my buddy's Chaos cheese FW army.

I'm bringing a mix of normal and bigmarines, a few tanks and a squad of Adeptus Custodes in a Land Raider, lead by Inquisitor Greyfax. Not much unit spam, but I'm bringing a 10 man Hellblaster squad backed up with a lieutenant, captain and ancient as my firing base.

When you go to no-stakes tournaments, do you run into a lot of WAAC, or could I possibly run into some other chillhams?

Even at big events, like 10% of the players are actually trying and determined to win, and the rest are just dudes who want to get more games in a weekend than normal (except the 1 dude who always ends up mid-table, who sucks but thinks he's hot poo poo and should be fighting for the top places).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Waiiiiit a minute. Those aren't spires that you can shoot across. It looks like a Space Hulk with gangs....

Oh snap, that's kind of cool.

Okay, looks like I'm getting one.

This is actually a pretty awesome fluff justification! I am so hype for gang war (and pressing gangers into service as Chaos cultists)

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

Technowolf posted:

Lionelle Jonson

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
I don't have the IG book yet, can you use non-Taurox heavy armor as Tempestus Scions? Like can a Russ tank have whatever the Scion keyword is?

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

mango sentinel posted:

I don't have the IG book yet, can you use non-Taurox heavy armor as Tempestus Scions? Like can a Russ tank have whatever the Scion keyword is?

Nothing but stuff that alrleady has the Miltarum Tempestus Keyword can have that keyword. However, MT stuff doesn't break faction purity for other regiments. So your other stuff can be Cadian or Valhallan or whatever, and your Scions stay MT, and everyone is happy. MT don't get their OWN doctrine unless they are in a pure MT detachment, but that's all they lose.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Their doctrine is p. sweet though and worth hiving them off into their own detachment if you can.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

JoshTheStampede posted:

Nothing but stuff that alrleady has the Miltarum Tempestus Keyword can have that keyword. However, MT stuff doesn't break faction purity for other regiments. So your other stuff can be Cadian or Valhallan or whatever, and your Scions stay MT, and everyone is happy. MT don't get their OWN doctrine unless they are in a pure MT detachment, but that's all they lose.

How about non-regimental stuff, like a Valkyrie?

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

Long nights, no peace

yeah MT are still very good and it's pretty easy to dedicate a detachment for them

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Corrode posted:

Their doctrine is p. sweet though and worth hiving them off into their own detachment if you can.

Stuff like Valkyries also doesn't apply so you can have a little bit of flexibility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Shockeh posted:

How about non-regimental stuff, like a Valkyrie?

There's a list of stuff that doesn't break it annd its basically "Everything that doesn't have a REGIMENT plus Scions". Offico Prefectus, Aeronautica, Auxilia, etc.