Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Helsing posted:

You don't seem to think Labour should care about its current membership either:

So when you advocate supporting the team, your definition of "the team" doesn't include what either the current leadership advocates or what the actual membership wants?

Here are some more valuable insights that show what a smart and cagey political analyst you've been regarding what would actually appeal to the British electorate:

She's magnificent just like I said before.
[/quote]

Hahahaha what an rear end in a top hat. It's like the British equivalent of Harlan Hill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I'm the guy who looks at Macron and Junker and thinks 'yes I want these people to be able to influence how my country is run!'

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/922174264115163136

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Helsing posted:

You don't seem to think Labour should care about its current membership either:

So when you advocate supporting the team, your definition of "the team" doesn't include what either the current leadership advocates or what the actual membership wants?

Here are some more valuable insights that show what a smart and cagey political analyst you've been regarding what would actually appeal to the British electorate:

She's magnificent just like I said before.

I'm not british so I don't have a team there Helsing. I thought, and many good judges agreed with me, that corbyn was leading his party to disaster like all the polls said he was. Do me a favor and see if I've said anything really bad about him since the election would you?

Here in America I have always voted for Democrats and always will, because they are the good guys and I'm on the good guys team. Even if I found a particular candidate distasteful it wouldn't matter, because what matters is that the good guys team wins and the bad guys team loses.

Many british turned their backs on the good guys in 2010 and so all your people got these 7 years of tory rule, austerity, the Brexit, etc etc.

I'm told many british have even died as a result of the 2010 election and the disloyalty of people who switched to the lib dems.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Byolante posted:

I'm the guy who looks at Macron and Junker and thinks 'yes I want these people to be able to influence how my country is run!'

Whoa there nigel farage.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

hakimashou posted:

Whoa there nigel farage.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jose posted:

I want to be extremely racist every time I post something about him

dont!!!!

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

/

platzapS has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Oct 26, 2017

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

hey hakimashou you should know that you werent probed for that post so much as you were probed for being a tedious poo poo in general tonite

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i won't ever post it because i know its wrong

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i had my first interaction with the NHS today and, well, frankly, lol at america forever

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bump_fn posted:

i had my first interaction with the NHS today and, well, frankly, lol at america forever

don’t worry the home office letter is already on its way

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

bump_fn posted:

Someone once said the NHS was the British equivalent of the moon landing and it's hard to disagree, it's probably the single greatest achievement of this otherwise benighted little island.

Which makes it all the more galling that the tories are so gleefully vandalising it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/youngvulgarian/...r%3D154%23pti26

Anta
Mar 5, 2007

What a nice day for a gassing

hakimashou posted:

Here in America I have always voted for Democrats and always will, because they are the good guys and I'm on the good guys team. Even if I found a particular candidate distasteful it wouldn't matter, because what matters is that the good guys team wins and the bad guys team loses.

Liberalism.txt

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

All the lols.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
lol at least you can get a straight answer out of boris

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

about boris

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

I'm not british so I don't have a team there Helsing. I thought, and many good judges agreed with me, that corbyn was leading his party to disaster like all the polls said he was. Do me a favor and see if I've said anything really bad about him since the election would you?

Many british turned their backs on the good guys in 2010 and so all your people got these 7 years of tory rule, austerity, the Brexit, etc etc.

I'm told many british have even died as a result of the 2010 election and the disloyalty of people who switched to the lib dems.

People like you are one of the top three reasons why the dems, and incidentally also Miliband's and Brown's Labour, lose constantly, hth.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The only important thing is winning.

*selects Hillary, loses*

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
We need to triangulate to the right to capture the centre ground and win!

*the papers still call Miliband a commie, Davey Necroporker wins a majority*

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
"We need to compromise on key legislation to get it passed!"

*implements Heritage Foundation ideas on healthcare as a compromise, get 0 votes from Republicans anyway*

MODS CURE JOKES
Nov 11, 2009

OFFICIAL SAS 90s REMEMBERER
I wish that American leftist politicians start calling their opponents pig-loving morons, I wish it every day

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

I wish that American leftist politicians start calling their opponents pig-loving morons, I wish it every day

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

Hell knowing how some hog farmers are around their pigs, and knowing we have some in both chambers, its probably true.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

I wish that American leftist politicians start calling their opponents pig-loving morons on the floor of Congress, I wish it every day

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

idk i feel like wed have documentary proof if people were fuckin pigs on the floor of congress

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

maybe something on c-span 3

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Here in America

lol of course

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Squizzle posted:

idk i feel like wed have documentary proof if people were fuckin pigs on the floor of congress

As Vice President, Mike Pence is also President of the Senate, so while it's not pigs per se I don't think we're that far off.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Jose posted:

about boris

Boris the Spider

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

bold?

its common sense~

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

MODS CURE JOKES posted:

please don't insult pig-loving morons, they didn't do anything to deserve being compared to republicans

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
:siren: I have some bad news, british. :siren:

Australia's high court just ruled on an important case that's been before it. Many high officials in the Australian government held dual citizenship, which it turns out is forbidden for government officials. The court has thrown many of them out of their jobs today, including their insane sovereign citizen senator, and this guy:

As a result of this, Australia has significantly widened its lead over britain in the English Speaking Countries Ranking.

Since the Brexit, britain has officially been the worst english speaking country, falling for the first time in ages behind the perennial loser Australia.

At this rate, Britain may never be able to eclipse its antipodean colony again. A final judgment will be made in several months, when the results of Australia's national non-binding plebiscite on gay marriage is totalled up. If Australia votes for gay marriage, it is unclear how the People of Nigel Farage will ever surpass their kangaroo-owning cousins.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

How am I only now finding out that Australia has (had?) a senator called Nick Xenophon who named his political party after himself, giving them the abbreviation NXT

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

"After much consideration I have decided to rename the Liberal Party to "Tony Nonstop Abbott", or TNA."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Xenophon's still a Senator, I think, but he plans to step down from federal government position to pursue state politics instead.

He was one of the two who got to keep his seat because he seemed to have acted in good faith regarding his citizenship issue, which is apparently an impenetrable British-Greek-Cypriot clusterfuck. The key thing with the ruling is that you have to have made a good faith effort to renounce or not pursue extranational citizenship/dual citizenship, since some countries make it really hard to renounce citizenship for whatever reason, while others of course are just really complicated, weird and may be cases of not recognising each other.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Party Boat posted:

How am I only now finding out that Australia has (had?) a senator called Nick Xenophon who named his political party after himself, giving them the abbreviation NXT

Xeno is also a vocal critic of Xenu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Party Boat posted:

Australian politics is fuckin demented you should read the auspol thread its a trip.