Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Zero VGS posted:

OK level with me guys, about how many hours do I need to sink into this game to get the Quickfang? Rough guesstimate.

Edit: gently caress's sake, it says I have to beat the whole campaign first? How long is that...

I hit level 20 in like two nights of casual playing for a few hours only each session. I think I have a handful of missions left in the campaign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Mr. Unlucky posted:

if they had this game's loot generosity with destiny 1's loot that'd be loving awesome as it is the problem isn't that it's a grind but a boring one, there's only a handful of good guns and most of them aren't even exciting. oooo boy mida can't wait for this generic rear end thing which is like the centerpiece for the whole game so far when it was one of the dullest of the good exotics in destiny 1, not to mention basically 95% of the purple weapons are just like bad rolls from d1 very nicely hand crafted bespoke dog poo poo right here lol

the ornament makes it look badass tho

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

xzzy posted:

Um, no power brick. Purchase justified!

as someone who just recently had their power brick die, this x1000

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Hmm yeah it says campaign can be done in 12 hours average, maybe I can nab it this weekend:

https://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=43894

JorgeHWB posted:

as someone who just recently had their power brick die, this x1000

Lol if you think an internal power brick can't die or that it would be easier to replace...

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1. 2-3 kids in a trenchcoat trying to look like an adult

you mean Vincent Adultman?

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is there a reason to go back to Ikora to replay missions? Are they more difficult like the hard options in D1 and do you get anything from them?

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Zero VGS posted:

Lol if you think an internal power brick can't die or that it would be easier to replace...

extended warranty, yo :smugdog:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

DrNutt posted:

Maybe console players should stick to the loving console thread instead of making GBS threads up the PC thread about how much Destiny 2 is going to suck in three weeks or whatever. Like I get that your brain damage prevents you from shutting up about how bad Destiny 2 is or whatever but if you're only playing on Xbox why come in here and be obnoxious? This thread is for discussing the superior frame rates and fovs, obviously.

Because we need you on our side to help scream and yell at Bungie online. That's how they fix their games and there was a glimmer of hope underneath the micro transaction exposé they did at Twitchcon.

The Token IB was universally reviled and the online outrage was massive, and within a week Bungie was going over how it's changing in season 2 and you can just buy poo poo again.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

Is there a reason to go back to Ikora to replay missions? Are they more difficult like the hard options in D1 and do you get anything from them?

Ranking up with her provides a unique armor set, which is basically the beat up poo poo you used early in the story but not beat to poo poo anymore.

https://imgur.com/ixrA0Q9 - the noble set
https://imgur.com/JNmt3Ay - fruminous
https://imgur.com/ioNJJsp - ego talon

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Because we need you on our side to help scream and yell at Bungie online. That's how they fix their games and there was a glimmer of hope underneath the micro transaction exposé they did at Twitchcon.

The Token IB was universally reviled and the online outrage was massive, and within a week Bungie was going over how it's changing in season 2 and you can just buy poo poo again.

uh ok and they're reading the SA threads religiously I'm sure.

Also it cuts both ways because online outrage (from their precious streamers) is a big part of why nucru sucks rear end (in the bad way).

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Yodzilla posted:

unique armor sets for all your space barbie needs

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

JorgeHWB posted:

extended warranty, yo :smugdog:

Yeah but when you have an external power brick, your Destiny 2 rig can look like mine :smuggo:

Sames size as an Xbox One X but with an overclocked 1080ti hotrodded out the top of it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Rig is an insanely stupid word, lmao

Is it new or as old as PC Gaming itself? I've never really noticed it until recently.

Makes me think of when people call boats and guns "she"

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
So I'm a loving idiot.. I didn't know there's a titan shield throw..

With default keyboard bindings, what are the titan subclass super binds?

Like do I click Left Mouse and Right Mouse Together? Click Melee? I'm sure I can experiment but I'm sure someone here knows all the binds for each class and what they do already.

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

Zero VGS posted:

Yeah but when you have an external power brick, your Destiny 2 rig can look like mine :smuggo:

Sames size as an Xbox One X but with an overclocked 1080ti hotrodded out the top of it.

:chanpop:

:barf:

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
My first speeder had the instant mount bonus and you can imagine my disappointment when I got my second speeder and realized they are all garbage in comparison. It's a 150 speed though. How much faster is 160?

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Guys check out my awesome rig!

*graphics card hanging out the back*

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Zero VGS posted:

I wish I was getting hotrodded right now!

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Disargeria posted:

My first speeder had the instant mount bonus and you can imagine my disappointment when I got my second speeder and realized they are all garbage in comparison. It's a 150 speed though. How much faster is 160?

Fast enough to be noticeable but not so fast that you feel like you get somewhere sooner.

So like the difference between driving at 50 mph or 55 mph.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whats the fastest way to go from 230 to 265

also yikes, I accidentally redeemed one of my powerful engrams

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Zero VGS posted:

On a related note, being able to max out the sliders and feel real good justifies my 1070 real nice.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

eonwe posted:

Play the game, get blues. Public events have a high chance per minute of effort to give you exotics, which help a LOT. There's no real pro tips other than save your powerful engrams at the vendor until you can't level any higher.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

eonwe posted:

Lost Sectors, Public Events, Adventures, all barf out a Blue that goes up to 265. Plus they also give you tokens for the planet vendor, to give you purples (which are better than blues, but also cap at 265).

Powerful stuff resets on Tuesday morning, so no worries at all. You can't even do the raid this week so it shouldn't matter.

BTW - the "Exotic" quests (blue banner on each planet) give you a Powerful level weapon, so you can bump up your light a bit from running those (post 265) too!

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

eonwe posted:

play game. public events are fastest but i gained like 7 or 8 level in an hour just running around titan with a scout map from caide and a ghost that showed resource locations, and doing every public event that showed up, looted chests, looked for the hidden caches, did the little hidden dungeons, etc

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

eonwe posted:

Farming the same lost sector over and over. Find one near a fast travel point, as fast traveling will reset it once completed.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Arivia posted:

On a related note, being able to max out the sliders and feel real good justifies my 1070 real nice.

i have a edz and even at optimal settings according to geforce the game gets choppy as poo poo in edz

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Do I have to do the whole campaign again if I wanna switch classes to Titan? I don't really like the look of the Hunter anymore.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ty all, I was doing public events and lost sectors, I just wasn't sure if that was a bad way to do it or not

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Maybe console players should stick to the loving console thread instead of making GBS threads up the PC thread about how much Destiny 2 is going to suck in three weeks or whatever. Like I get that your brain damage prevents you from shutting up about how bad Destiny 2 is or whatever but if you're only playing on Xbox why come in here and be obnoxious? This thread is for discussing the superior frame rates and fovs, obviously.

It's actually going to suck in 2 weeks as opposed to 3.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

eonwe posted:

ty all, I was doing public events and lost sectors, I just wasn't sure if that was a bad way to do it or not

But also... have fun. Strikes are a slow, slow source of Light upgrades, but they're worth checking out.

Adventures are slower than Public Events and Lost Sectors, but they provide 69% of the story and lore in the game, and are just neat.

Don't worry TOOOO much about your Optimal Path to 265 because it'll happen pretty drat fast no matter what.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Taintrunner posted:

Do I have to do the whole campaign again if I wanna switch classes to Titan? I don't really like the look of the Hunter anymore.

Yes, enjoy playing Guardian, but with diarrhea, for the first 15 minutes again.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Just join a party chat with 4 buds that are playing Crucible, and silently listen in on their hoot-hollers and/or rage salt, and the campaign will fly right by.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

eonwe posted:

the secret is that if you are trying to gear up as fast as possible, you're playing it wrong, b/c once you hit 265 or w/e theres nothing left to do except the weekly reset stuff.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

But also... have fun. Strikes are a slow, slow source of Light upgrades, but they're worth checking out.

Adventures are slower than Public Events and Lost Sectors, but they provide 69% of the story and lore in the game, and are just neat.

Don't worry TOOOO much about your Optimal Path to 265 because it'll happen pretty drat fast no matter what.

Strikes don't reward enough to be worth the time

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Is there a reason I can’t use a scouting report when I go to a planet?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

Strikes don't reward enough to be worth the time

Did you read a single word of my post other than "Strikes" you fuckin' gently caress!!

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
The strikes are actually pretty fun. They are maybe a bit long and they definitely don't give you even close to proper rewards for the time investment, but they are fun to play a few times.

Pyramidion is a standout imho, it's basically the Vault of Glass as a strike.

The nightfall this week isn't to be missed either, the modifiers are the most D1 out of the possible options, and the arms dealer strike is good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

It's actually going to suck in 2 weeks as opposed to 3.

Given that people are already asking "what's the fastest way to get past all this game has to offer" in this thread I think you're right.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yodzilla posted:

Is there a reason I can’t use a scouting report when I go to a planet?

Your map will populate with little Ace symbols when you open it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I saw something about this earlier but I'm a lowly level 5 so far or something, so: There are things in skill tree I shouldn't be taking as a warlock? What things is these? Can I get a concise list of "do not do" things as I'm leveling my warlock? I don't want to ruin him, he is pretty with neat hair.

• Locked thread