Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

The weeklies for verminion and triple triad are really easy to bang out for some funbucks if you're saving for something but yeah all you need to do is the daily mini-cacpot and you'll get everything eventually.

So, Kojin's sworn rep was possible today. No emote, no mount, no new pet? :( That's disappointing...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Meiteron posted:

Additional context:

The actual Bahamut fight is phase 3, with the first two phases being Twintania and Nael respectively, with their own mechanics dialled to 12 (thats right, we're going beyond 11) and hard enrage timers of 3min 30s and 3min per enemy. Presumably Bahamut will also have a hard enrage timer but, haha, no one is expecting to find out what it is for awhile.

This is trio attack #4 out of an expected five. To even see this you had to get past three other trio attacks, all entirely different, which are basically Twin, Nael, and Bahamut doing 1-3 of their mechanics each, simultaneously.

You may note in that video that Bahamut is at ~11.8 million hp remaining out of an initial ~13.5 million, so you get a sense of how early in the Bahamut phase this actually is.

At this point in the fight, one datamined enemy has not even made an appearance yet.

E: I understand how decimals work! :downs:

Spoil me.

Who is it? Neo Bahamut? Bahamut Zero? How dumb does this poo poo get :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Holyshoot posted:

are the people who might actually get a world first kill streaming? seems kind of weird to do as it could let other guilds use your strats. It's why the world first wow guilds never stream their progression.

That behavior becoming normalized in wow is part of what made it's progress community super loving petty and toxic and I'm glad FF14's fans are way more chill about it.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Impresario: "By the Twelve, what a hideous, monstrous abomination!"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Captain Oblivious posted:

Spoil me.

Who is it? Neo Bahamut? Bahamut Zero? How dumb does this poo poo get :allears:

Phoenix has been added as a monster with HP, hard to say if it's an ally or not. There's a buff from it too that increases your damage so either you fight Phoenix or perhaps Bahamut kills you and Phoenix resurrects you and you need to burn Bahamut Prime down before teraflare or something.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Phoenix should totally revive Bahamut after you kill it

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
unending coil has a model for a golden super saiyan bahamut in the datamine, iirc

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Honestly, watching the Unending Coil progression is some of the most fun I've had with FF14 in quite a while and I'm obviously not even the one playing, nor will I ever realistically do the fight. Adding it was one of the best decisions for the game in a long time.

Really looking forward to how it all goes down in the end of the fight.
If they ever do nerf it outside of giving Echo, it should only be to checkpoint the phases rather than mechanically imo.
And then if or after they do that, they should add a crazy prestigious title for a no checkpoints used kill.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Archyduke posted:

The Verminion challenge log thing gives 10k and does not care at all if you win or lose. You can go, sign up for a match, get into it, and just AFK until you lose while you tab out and look at something else. Repeat twice and you have a nice little amount of MGP for next to no effort.

gently caress me, thank you for this

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

One of the early verminion challenges is super easy to win and it's quicker to win it than it is to actually lose a match. It's only a matter of sending a handful to each of the targets before you tab out.

I'd need to be logged in to double check which challenge it is but I believe you only need the regular Mandragora minion to cheese it. Maybe someone will be reminded by what I mean by reading this and elaborate further.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Ainsley McTree posted:

I’ve got a SMN question.

For your dots, does contagion affect damage at the time of casting, or for the duration of contagion? So for example if I cast contagion, and apply the dots just before it expires, do the dots do extra 10% damage for their full 30 second duration?

And if that is how it works, and I cast bane, do the additional mobs also take 10% damage? Or just the one that I actually put contagion on?
If you contagion and then put up dots and then bane, the dots will spread in their amplified state. This is called snap-shotting, so all that ever mattered was that contagion was up at the time of your cast. You can even bane after contagion falls and the original dots are still up. You can do similar with chain stratagem on scholar. Contagion itself will not spread though.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

A. Beaverhausen posted:

gently caress me, thank you for this

The challenge log is always a good thing to keep up with, funbucks or experience-wise. Them and beast tribes.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Somebody 2 sweet me, I feel great.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

mistaya posted:

So, Kojin's sworn rep was possible today. No emote, no mount, no new pet? :( That's disappointing...

You have a solo duty, but you don't even get to fight the Shredder. smdh

I think the mount is at Bloodsworn rank now.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

You have a solo duty, but you don't even get to fight the Shredder. smdh

Well I mean why would you fight Shredder, it was clear Leonardo was gonna do it from the start like pretty much every other beast tribe conclusion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hey, you get to beat up that one Sylph. Even if they are just basically a reskinned regular enemy.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

PLD chat - i'm trying to max dps. How often should i be casting holy spirit outside of requiscat? Is there any place that lists relative stat weights.

Pretty much never. Theoretically you would want to if you had enough skill speed to have a 2.26s GCD minus latency, in which case you could squeeze a single extra HS in. Even then you'd need to get some sheltron blocks or some other external source of MP to have enough for it.

stat weights :iiam:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Direct Hit is so good for tanks (because tanks benefit from it and it's not native to the gear) that no one really knows how everything else stacks up other than 'way worse than DH.'

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

Holyshoot posted:

raided like how? if you mean care about world firsts and raid ungodly hours, they do it even more in wow now. And when they're done they have to re-clear the place 4 more times on alts because they have to class stack now and have 5-8 alts all at the same ilv as their main.

No, I mean as in 'm-muh proprietary strats' because sometimes you will literally get impossible mechanics and nobody will be willing to admit it for fear of giving your COMPETITORS the EDGE THEY NEED to claim the prestigious WORLD FIRST MAGIC DRAGON KILL. That was cautionary moral of the fable of C'Thun the Laser Eyeball, and his eventual babies were the horrible chthonic mutant websites like Elitist Jerks.

Also twitchbux obviously but that attitude you described really died before streaming took off

Bleu fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Oct 26, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

mistaya posted:

It was possible yesterday :colbert:

But yeah, disappointing that there was no mount or dance. Even if it's the dumb lazy cabbage patch thing they do.

On the other hand, the turtle armor is pretty great.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

Pretty much never. Theoretically you would want to if you had enough skill speed to have a 2.26s GCD minus latency, in which case you could squeeze a single extra HS in. Even then you'd need to get some sheltron blocks or some other external source of MP to have enough for it.

stat weights :iiam:

On O1S/O2S yeah you should be doing the FNF-Goring-RA-RA-Goring-Req-HS sequence and never use HS outside that, but on O4S I find myself running into situations often where a transition is about to happen so I'll go ahead and use Holy Spirit instead of Royal Authority combo since I know I'll have extra time to regenerate MP during the transition.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Bleu posted:

No, I mean as in 'm-muh proprietary strats' because sometimes you will literally get impossible mechanics and nobody will be willing to admit it for fear of giving your COMPETITORS the EDGE THEY NEED to claim the prestigious WORLD FIRST MAGIC DRAGON KILL. That was cautionary moral of the fable of C'Thun the Laser Eyeball, and his eventual babies were the horrible chthonic mutant websites like Elitist Jerks.

Also twitchbux obviously but that attitude you described really died before streaming took off

A guy I know brags about being in Elitest Jerks back in the day, without ever realizing it made him sound like such a grognard tryhard. He still carries that arrogance of how important he was in that scene into his everyday life and it's pathetic .

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 26, 2017

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

A guy I know brags about being in Elitest Jerks back in the day, without ever realizing it made him sound like such a grognard tryhard. He still carries that arrogance of how important he was in that scene into his everyday life and it's pathetic .

that guy sounds badass and cool though

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I had read something about using HS once during the physical rotation if you were going to overfill your mp. I shifted around gear for less skillspeed, though, and you can't do it as easily at 2.42 as you can at 2.36.

I'm just looking at some of my parses and coming short of top PLDs and trying to sort out the difference. I'm not able to sustain >4k dps for long outside of burst phases and this doesn't seem right.

On the subject of openers, I've taken to casting holy spirit when there's 2 seconds left on the countdown timer and it's a great way to start fights.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know, between this, the solo duty having an attack called Splinter, and Coblyns looking like brains, I feel like we have everything we need for a TMNT event.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
has anyone found what gives /ritualprayer yet? i imagine it's max turtle rank but I wasn't sure.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Thundarr posted:

But yeah, disappointing that there was no mount or dance. Even if it's the dumb lazy cabbage patch thing they do.

On the other hand, the turtle armor is pretty great.

There's also still one more rank. Moogles, Vanu and Vath also went to 8, with the allied quest bringing them to 9. They ended reputation on Bloodsworn, and wrapped up on Allied with the quest.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 26, 2017

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Skaw posted:

There's also still one more rank. Moogles, Vanu and Vath also went to 8, with the allied quest bringing them to 9. They ended reputation on Bloodsworn, and wrapped up on Allied with the quest.

Yeah, previously max rank in a beast tribe only gave bonus XP for further beast tribe quests but they may have bumped everything up to that rank.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

I had read something about using HS once during the physical rotation if you were going to overfill your mp. I shifted around gear for less skillspeed, though, and you can't do it as easily at 2.42 as you can at 2.36.

I'm just looking at some of my parses and coming short of top PLDs and trying to sort out the difference. I'm not able to sustain >4k dps for long outside of burst phases and this doesn't seem right.

On the subject of openers, I've taken to casting holy spirit when there's 2 seconds left on the countdown timer and it's a great way to start fights.

Before HS got nerfed it was the exact opposite situation, where you wanted to use it as much as possible outside of Requiescat. Personally I'm glad for the nerf because trying to predict how much MP you would have 20-30 seconds in the future was a headache.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Thundarr posted:

It was? How did I wind up a day behind? Maybe I didn't do it on launch day like I thought.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ok so was reading outdated stuff. Gotcha. Now I just need to figure out how to squeeze out more damage.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It was? How did I wind up a day behind? Maybe I didn't do it on launch day like I thought.

If you hopped on patch day before daily reset (10 AM central?), you could get an extra day's worth of quests.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

Meiteron posted:

There are plenty of people streaming if you feel a desire to feel smart and see something exciting, just not everyone.

The entire endgame community is looking at this fight, speculating on progress, salivating for every new 60 second twitch capture that shows some new ridiculous mechanic. The first group to get the clear are going to get major acclaim, and if what is current knowledge about the fight is any indication, it will be well earned.

World-first progression is something additional, almost separate, from the rest of the video game. It's a competition with your peers, a race, and you are not obligated to help the people you're racing against because you are racing against them.

This is a really lame as poo poo post about videogames

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

I had to get off my rear end and do the Halloween event when I realized they brought these prisms back.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

SL the Pyro posted:

I had to get off my rear end and do the Halloween event when I realized they brought these prisms back.

This is a really good post about videogames.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

For Susano normal, does it still work so that when he does the rock jail thing, the one you want to kill is always at the bottom of the target list? Or did they patch that to switch it up? I haven't revisited that since launch

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

One of the early verminion challenges is super easy to win and it's quicker to win it than it is to actually lose a match. It's only a matter of sending a handful to each of the targets before you tab out.

I'd need to be logged in to double check which challenge it is but I believe you only need the regular Mandragora minion to cheese it. Maybe someone will be reminded by what I mean by reading this and elaborate further.

When I am bothered to do the Verminion challenge, I do the one with the Goobbue boss, I think it's #4. Just spam your strongest pet on him and it's done in about 3 minutes.

Oneavi
Dec 10, 2011

Boxbot was head of security.

Mr. Nice! posted:

PLD chat - i'm trying to max dps. How often should i be casting holy spirit outside of requiscat? Is there any place that lists relative stat weights.

The numbers people seem to be under the agreement that stat weights are an outmoded way of solving the bis problem and want to move towards simulating outcomes. I think a couple people are working on tools for public use but its been a while since I saw anything about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Wipe in O2S at like 20% in this clear party on the first pull so everyone is feeling pretty good. Next pull the servers poo poo the bed and the group disbands because it's straight up unplayable :negative:

I also just realized Life Surge is an actual DPS cooldown and not a survival tool :downs: