Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How long do dance debuffs last?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i have cait sith's, eiko, edgar, and OK's bsbs already so i can't justify pulling this banner :sigh:

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Three - Kefka, Quistis and Edgar.

Coincidentally, none of them have received a new SB in Japan for a very long time - this is Kefka's last, and Quistis/Edgar haven't gotten a new SB, let alone a LMR, for over a year.

Kefka does get another SB, but it's not even a poison SB - he gets a Dark/NE OSB and dualcast Darkness LMR that released during Superfest 2. So we could be seeing it this Winter, or in 6+ months whenever he shows up on a VI banner again in Japan.

Also, I don't think anyone brought it up (or I'm blind) but the FFII banner in Japan was released.

Biggest details are:
  • Maria getting the Earth version of Vivi USB
  • Minwu following in Arc and Rem's footsteps with an offensive USB with White double (like Vivi and Maria's Black Double for white magic) and an En-holy BSB2 and a doublecast white LMR2 (3 relics and no Medica on the banner)
  • Emperor continuing his transition from Wind to Earth with a new Enearth BSB
  • Josef getting another new Shout USB with Party ATK +50%, Haste and Guts, self Quickcast 2
  • Josef's really weird but potentially amazing LM2 - When critical HP, party full heal and Guts, self 15s Doom

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

pichupal posted:

Josef's really weird but potentially amazing LM2 - When critical HP, party full heal and Guts, self 15s Doom

That's fantastic, if he doesn't get knocked down to crit within the first 20s of the fight.

If you Raise him, does it happen again or is it a one-time-only deal?

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Help, I'm trying to get a Gigas Armlet from the FF2 Renewal and can't beat the three Elemental Gigas. My party is

Bartz (BSB)
Auron (USB)
Refia (BSB)
Terra (USB)
Vanille (USB) (BSB)

all around level 80.

I'm using a Tyro RW for Wall. The strategy I read says to use Blind which I do, but then they just use magic attacks. Bartz and Auron either Lifesiphon, Spellblade, or Double Cut. I can almost get one of them down but by that point my party is half dead. I feel like I need more mages for this fight to take advantage of the elemental weaknesses, but I dont have many good mage relics.

Also, does Sentinal Grimoire last the entire fight? If not, how do I know when to use it again?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Prav posted:

i'll also note that there's no poison-weak magicite

Being given Poison as a "main" element is a good way to ensure you never get any improvements, quality of life upgrades, or buffs.

Quistis and Edgar bottomed out with their OSBs. Leila got a BSB. Marcus and FF1 Thief had to dip into wind (and Kefka had to dip into Dark) just to remain vaguely relevant, and even then, Quistis and Leila may never get legend dives, ever.

pichupal posted:

It's worth noting that Maria's self-buff on the USB is MAG/DEF, meaning she doesn't play as nice with Raines as Vivi does. Everything else looks the same, though.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

pichupal posted:

Also, I don't think anyone brought it up (or I'm blind) but the FFII banner in Japan was released.

Biggest details are:
  • Minwu following in Arc and Rem's footsteps with an offensive USB with White double (like Vivi and Maria's Black Double for white magic) and an En-holy BSB2 and a doublecast white LMR2 (3 relics and no Medica on the banner)
  • Emperor continuing his transition from Wind to Earth with a new Enearth BSB

Seems like a bad idea to have both of your mages for a realm be focused on the same element, but I guess they did it with Rinoa and Edea in FFVIII... still, that at least has Bio Quistis. Also, trying to make the singular white mage for FFII into an offensive caster.... people need him to be healing since he's the only healer. It's weird.

Books On Tape posted:

Help, I'm trying to get a Gigas Armlet from the FF2 Renewal and can't beat the three Elemental Gigas. My party is

Bartz (BSB)
Auron (USB)
Refia (BSB)
Terra (USB)
Vanille (USB) (BSB)

all around level 80.

I'm using a Tyro RW for Wall. The strategy I read says to use Blind which I do, but then they just use magic attacks. Bartz and Auron either Lifesiphon, Spellblade, or Double Cut. I can almost get one of them down but by that point my party is half dead. I feel like I need more mages for this fight to take advantage of the elemental weaknesses, but I dont have many good mage relics.

Also, does Sentinal Grimoire last the entire fight? If not, how do I know when to use it again?

So,
1) it looks like you don't have any hastega. Do you have one at all you can bring? Hastega is super important for higher-difficulty content.
2) you also don't appear to have any boostgas (increase attack) or faithgas (increase magic). Those are also super important to boost your damage output; in FFRK, a good offense is often the best defense, since the faster you kill them the less they can kill you. That's why SBs like Shout and Onion Knight's BSB are so valuable, since they include both a hastega and offensive boosts in one package.
3) you don't have any breaks at all (to reduce ATK and MAG). Do you happen to have any dancers for the AoE attack or magic breakdown 4* dances, or the 5* full break dance? Those are very good to have for multi-target bosses like this. Failing that, I'd still probably try to bring someone to use magic breakdown on the gigases. Wall and proshellga are nice, but usually you want to both buff yourself AND debuff the enemy.
4) Wall lasts for "25 seconds" at battle speed 3, not counting ability animation time. That can be a hard thing to judge, but it's actually not a very long time, especially if your whole team isn't hasted. When everyone is hasted that's generally 5-7 actions per character, but without haste it's probably closer to 4-5.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

How long do dance debuffs last?

15 seconds. You can look up pretty much any information on abilities here or here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Schwartzcough posted:

Seems like a bad idea to have both of your mages for a realm be focused on the same element, but I guess they did it with Rinoa and Edea in FFVIII... still, that at least has Bio Quistis. Also, trying to make the singular white mage for FFII into an offensive caster.... people need him to be healing since he's the only healer. It's weird.

they're just trying to capture the zany spirit of final fantasy 2, the game where wearing no armor is the best physical defense and you can toad the last boss

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
How the hell do I take out the 300-level Belias? Even with RW Cloud USB, I can't keep up with the damage output and run out of hones before he's at 50% health, and that's with party hastega and stacking boostgas on top of full break and armor break.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Schwartzcough posted:

So,
1) it looks like you don't have any hastega. Do you have one at all you can bring? Hastega is super important for higher-difficulty content.
2) you also don't appear to have any boostgas (increase attack) or faithgas (increase magic). Those are also super important to boost your damage output; in FFRK, a good offense is often the best defense, since the faster you kill them the less they can kill you. That's why SBs like Shout and Onion Knight's BSB are so valuable, since they include both a hastega and offensive boosts in one package.
3) you don't have any breaks at all (to reduce ATK and MAG). Do you happen to have any dancers for the AoE attack or magic breakdown 4* dances, or the 5* full break dance? Those are very good to have for multi-target bosses like this. Failing that, I'd still probably try to bring someone to use magic breakdown on the gigases. Wall and proshellga are nice, but usually you want to both buff yourself AND debuff the enemy.
4) Wall lasts for "25 seconds" at battle speed 3, not counting ability animation time. That can be a hard thing to judge, but it's actually not a very long time, especially if your whole team isn't hasted. When everyone is hasted that's generally 5-7 actions per character, but without haste it's probably closer to 4-5.

Thanks. I have Tyro's Tome of Fantasy which hastes everyone, but I'd probably be dead by the time it charges up and Tyro is just so underwhelming otherwise. I can bring a Rikku RW which hastes but not sure if that's better than SG.

I did have Magic Breakdown but the only person in my party who can use it is Terra and I gave her Blindga and Blizzaga to help at least bring the fire guy down quick.

I have no Boostga or Faithga relics or dancers. :smith:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fister Roboto posted:

15 seconds. You can look up pretty much any information on abilities here or here.

Thank you, man the description for dances threw me off since they said "a short time" it made think they don't last as long as breaks.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Books On Tape posted:

Thanks. I have Tyro's Tome of Fantasy which hastes everyone, but I'd probably be dead by the time it charges up and Tyro is just so underwhelming otherwise. I can bring a Rikku RW which hastes but not sure if that's better than SG.

I did have Magic Breakdown but the only person in my party who can use it is Terra and I gave her Blindga and Blizzaga to help at least bring the fire guy down quick.

Which Record Materia are you using? Do you not have Tyro's RM2 yet?

Also Tyro should be able to use Magic Breakdown, even better he can use Multi Break Dance.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

1st AD posted:

How the hell do I take out the 300-level Belias? Even with RW Cloud USB, I can't keep up with the damage output and run out of hones before he's at 50% health, and that's with party hastega and stacking boostgas on top of full break and armor break.
What do you have available to you? Preferably things that are -enholy -imperil holy -AoE or some combination thereof.

I was similarly daunted when the event first came out but with Agrias BSB and Orlandeau OSB->BSB it's now probably my most consistent 300 Torment clear. (It also requires Cloud USB like you're trying, but those are incredibly common these days.)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Will Magicite dungeons ever get a stamina discount again after this period is over?

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

1st AD posted:

What holy SBs do you have available? It might be hard to do if you don't have a lot of good relics on hand because the fight seems to be tuned around the idea that you're going to have great FFT/holy synergy due to those being huge chase relic pools. I had the following team and still ran low on hones near the end of the fight.

TGCid - OSB, Saint's Cross
Agrias - BSB, Guardbringer
Firion - BSB
Ramza - Shout, Chant, Full Break, Armor Break
Y'shtola - BSB, LM2
RW - Cloud USB

I'm sure people have found ways to do it without a ton of powerful relics, but this definitely feels like a fight that requires either great synergy or significant trial and error to find a winning strategy.

Books On Tape posted:

Thanks. I have Tyro's Tome of Fantasy which hastes everyone, but I'd probably be dead by the time it charges up and Tyro is just so underwhelming otherwise.

I'm not sure if Tyro is worth bringing for your situation but don't fall into the trap of being underwhelmed by Tyro - he has a ton of good relics and he's an incredibly versatile and useful character that performs well in almost every possible situation outside of one or two gimmick fights.

Action George fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 26, 2017

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Crazy Larry posted:

I'm not sure if Tyro is worth bringing for your situation but don't fall into the trap of being underwhelmed by Tyro - he has a ton of good relics and he's an incredibly versatile and useful character that performs well in almost every possible situation outside of one or two gimmick fights.

You need to actually get those relics for him to be useful, though, and if you have bad luck with Keeper relics, investing in them can be a hugely expensive and damaging mistake.

Motes are a fairly limited resource and Tyro needs more of them than everyone else.

I've been playing for a year and that drat book they gave away is the only Tyro item I have. :smith:

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 26, 2017

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Schwartzcough posted:

Also, trying to make the singular white mage for FFII into an offensive caster.... people need him to be healing since he's the only healer. It's weird.
I'm going to make a grand prediction that Princess/Queen Hilda is going to end up as II's "normal" healer.

They've already made a VI style sprite for her that exists solely in Scott's SSB at the moment.

In addition to the earlier highlights, Firion is now the game's third dualcast Combat user with his LMR.

Full II event stuff:

BANNER 1
=========
Maria's Perseus Bow [USSB, +10 MAG] - 10 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, En-Earth, MAG & DEF +30% and Black Magic Ability Double to user
Guy's Demon's Axe [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, En-Earth, ATK +30% & DEF +50% and Monk Ability Boost to user
Minwu's Luminous Robe [USSB, +10 MND] - 10 single-target Holy/NE white magic attacks, MND +50%, White Magic Ability Boost & White Magic Ability Double to user
Emperor's Mateus's Malice [USSB, +10 MAG] - 8 AOE Earth/Wind magic attacks, Imperil Earth, ATK/MAG/RES -50%

Emperor's Master Rod [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Earth/Dark magic attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/Dark magic attacks, Quick Cast 2
Defend -> 2 single-target Earth/Dark magic attacks, MAG -50%
Maria's Rune-Graven Bow [BSSB, +10 MAG] - 8 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, En-Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3~6 single-target Earth/NE magic attacks, number of hits is dependent on user's MAG, 5% Petrify
Defend -> 2 AOE Earth/Fire magic attacks, MAG +30% & DEF -30%
Guy's Gigant Axe [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, Imperil Earth, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Earth/NE physical attacks, multiplier is dependent on user's ATK
Defend -> 2 AOE Earth/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%
Minwu's Holy Wand [BSSB, +10 MND] - 8 single-target Holy/NE white magic attacks, En-Holy, Burst Mode
Attack -> 4 single-target Holy/NE white magic attacks
Defend -> Single-target h105 heal, Instant Cast
Leon's Rune Axe [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Dark physical attacks, En-Dark, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Dark physical attack, restores user's HP by 20% of damage dealt
Defend -> 2 single-target Dark physical attacks, ATK +30% & RES -30%

Leon's Diamond Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Darkness abilities
Maria's Armguards [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Guy's Viking Axe [LMR, +10 ATK] - PHY Damage +20% with Axe equipped
Minwu's Sage Staff [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Emperor's Armor [LMR, +10 MAG] - Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery and Quick Cast for 25 seconds

Maria USB - Earth+ Bow
Guy USB - Earth+ Axe
Minwu USB - Holy+ Robe
Emperor BSB2 - Earth+ Rod
Guy BSB - Earth+ Axe
Minwu BSB2 - Holy+ Staff
Leon LMR - Lightning- Heavy Armor
Maria LMR - Earth+ Bracer
Guy LMR - Earth- Axe
Minwu LMR2 - Holy- Staff
Emperor LMR - Earth- Light Armor

BANNER 2
=========
Josef's God Hand [USSB, +10 ATK] - ATK +50%, Guts & Haste to party, Quick Cast 2 to user
Firion's Lightbringer [USSB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, En-Holy & EX "Loyal Shield" to user
EX "Loyal Shield": ATK +30%, Casting Speed 2.0x and +0.5x after each damaging action (maximum 10 increments; up to 6.5x)
Gordon's Trident [USSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, ATK/MAG/MND -50%, Haste & High Regen to party
Maria's Selene Bow [OSSB, +10 MAG] - Single-target Earth/NE Overflow magic attack

Josef's Shura Gloves [BSSB, +10 ATK] - ATK & MAG +30% to party, En-Ice, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, 6 hits if under Unbound Fury
Defend -> 4 single-target Ice/NE physical attacks, grants Unbound Fury to user
Firion's Sun Blade [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 4 AOE Holy/NE ranged physical attacks, Instant Cast, Magic Blink 1 to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target Holy/NE ranged physical attack, +1 hit each time command is used within 25s, up to 8
Defend -> 4 single-target Holy/NE physical attacks, Instant Cast 1
Gordon's Radiant Lance [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 6 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, Guts to party, Burst Mode
Attack -> Single-target physical attack, ATK -40%
Defend -> Single-target physical attacks, DEF -40%
Ricard's Abel's Lance [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Wind/NE jump attacks, En-Wind, Burst Mode
Attack -> 2 single-target Wind/NE ranged physical attacks, No Air Time 2
Defend -> 4 single-target Wind/NE physical attacks, Dragoon Damage +9% for 3 turns
Scott's Wild Rose [BSSB, +10 ATK] - 8 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, En-Fire, Burst Mode
Attack -> 3 single-target Fire/NE physical attacks, Spellblade Damage +15% for 3 turns
Defend -> 2 AOE Fire/NE physical attacks, ATK +30% & DEF -30%

Josef's Aegis Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Ice for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Firion's Mythril Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Combat abilities
Gordon's Diamond Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - Stat Debuff Duration +30%
Ricard's Gloves [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Scott's Demon Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Josef USB - RS Ice+ Fist
Firion USB - Holy+ Sword
Maria OSB - RS Earth+ Bow
Firion BSB - Holy+ Sword
Josef LMR - Confuse/KO/Stun- Shield
Gordon LMR - Lightning- Shield
Ricard LMR - Wind- Bracer
Scott LMR - Fire- Shield

Guy LM1 - Earth Damage +10%
Guy LM2 - When using Earth abilities, 30% chance to inflict minor Imperil Earth

Josef LM1 - Monk Damage +15%
Josef LM2 - Once per battle when HP falls below 20%, large% max HP heal & Guts to party, 15s Doom to user

Ricard LM1 - Dragoon Damage +15%
Ricard LM2 - ATK +?% with each Dragoon ability hit, up to ?%

Scott LM1 - Spellblade Damage +15%
Scott LM2 - 35% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities

Scott gets to be a wholly respectable Spellblade, though he's still USB-less. I bet they'd give him one in a Hilda event.

Mirthless posted:

Motes are a fairly limited resource and Tyro needs more of them than everyone else.
This is true if you intend to fully dive him, but he actually needs less than everyone else if you just want to legend dive him- the only two 3* nodes he requires are Black Mage and White Mage. He doesn't require any more or fewer 5* motes than anyone else.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Books On Tape posted:

So it may not be optimal, but Tyro's USB2 there is both a hastega and a small boostga+faithga (plus defensive buffs), so it's not a terrible choice. But yes, there are two Record Materia you want to get ASAP- like drop everything else and get them:
1) Tyro's third record materia, "Dr. Mog's Teachings" (get his first one by breaking his level 50 cap, his second will drop randomly in battle, and the third requires breaking his 65 level cap and it can drop randomly in battle after you have his other two)
and
2) Cloud's third record materia, "Mako Might" (break level 50 cap for 1, and for his second you need to Defeat Jenova BIRTH in FFVII - Shinra Cargo Ship (Elite) without Cloud being KO'd. The third one requires breaking the 65 cap and can randomly drop after you have the other two).

Both of those cause the character to start the dungeon with a full SB gauge. They are THE two most important RM in the game, so you can get things like your hastega+boostgas up on Turn 1. Farming random RM drops is a pain, but they can drop after any WAVE of a dungeon- so you want the most waves per stamina. Recommend repeatedly running the first FFIV realm dungeon, or the first FFX realm dungeon, which gets you 3 waves for 2 stamina. It might take a while, but again, get them as soon as possible.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1st AD posted:

I farmed the hell out of this before with no holy relics. What are you bringing?

I see that you're RW'ing Cloud, but do you have it native by any chance? If so, my strategy will work. If not, there are some viable alternatives, but it depends on what you have.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Mirthless posted:

You need to actually get those relics for him to be useful, though, and if you have bad luck with Keeper relics, investing in them can be a hugely expensive and damaging mistake.

I've been playing for a year and that drat book they gave away is the only Tyro item I have. :smith:

Tyro literally requires less investment than any other character in the game to be useful - everyone just got a useful if not amazing USB and he comes out of the box with the ability to use all skills and equipment. He's not necessarily going to be top tier like that but he's still got the most diverse skill set with a hastega attached to a completely unique all stats boost.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise

Schwartzcough posted:

So it may not be optimal, but Tyro's USB2 there is both a hastega and a small boostga+faithga (plus defensive buffs), so it's not a terrible choice. But yes, there are two Record Materia you want to get ASAP- like drop everything else and get them:
1) Tyro's third record materia, "Dr. Mog's Teachings" (get his first one by breaking his level 50 cap, his second will drop randomly in battle, and the third requires breaking his 65 level cap and it can drop randomly in battle after you have his other two)
and
2) Cloud's third record materia, "Mako Might" (break level 50 cap for 1, and for his second you need to Defeat Jenova BIRTH in FFVII - Shinra Cargo Ship (Elite) without Cloud being KO'd. The third one requires breaking the 65 cap and can randomly drop after you have the other two).

Both of those cause the character to start the dungeon with a full SB gauge. They are THE two most important RM in the game, so you can get things like your hastega+boostgas up on Turn 1. Farming random RM drops is a pain, but they can drop after any WAVE of a dungeon- so you want the most waves per stamina. Recommend repeatedly running the first FFIV realm dungeon, or the first FFX realm dungeon, which gets you 3 waves for 2 stamina. It might take a while, but again, get them as soon as possible.

Thanks. I've been putting off getting Tyro's RM3 but will do it now. Didn't know about Cloud's too. Wow.

Buuuuut... that said...

Got lucky with the RNG I think. Went from getting wiped pretty quick three times in a row to beating it with even some extra rounds to spare.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

iamsosmrt posted:

I farmed the hell out of this before with no holy relics. What are you bringing?

I see that you're RW'ing Cloud, but do you have it native by any chance? If so, my strategy will work. If not, there are some viable alternatives, but it depends on what you have.

I do not have native Cloud USB :smith:

Holy SB's:

Agrias BSB and enHoly SSB (also fully dived with both materias)
Orlandeau BSB and SSB
Celes OSB and BSB1
Cecil OSB and BSB
Hope OSB and BSB2 (I think, it's the summon strike one)
Minfilia BSB (also have her Last Stand/Boostga)
Lenna BSB
Ceodore BSB
Yuna BSB2
Edward BSB

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch more I can't think of right now that I grabbed during the Anniversary. I also have everything Y'shtola and everything for Tyro except his OSB.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

1st AD posted:

Holy SB's:

Orlandeau BSB and SSB
Celes OSB and BSB1
Cecil OSB and BSB
Lenna BSB
Ceodore BSB
Yuna BSB2
Edward BSB

That's just off the top of my head, I'm sure there's a bunch more I can't think of right now that I grabbed during the Anniversary. I also have everything Y'shtola and everything for Tyro except his OSB.

Ok so here's what you do
Have Agrias use her enHoly, then Cloud USB RW, then hit her BSB twice. Belias's minions are now dead.
Have the rest of your party focus on the big man.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

1st AD posted:

Holy SB's:

Orlandeau BSB and SSB
Celes OSB and BSB1
Cecil OSB and BSB
Lenna BSB
Ceodore BSB
Yuna BSB2
Edward BSB

I'll expand on ZiegeDame's advice. TGCid's Gathering Storm is vital to your survival in this mission.

I'd bring
Agrias SSB/BSB
Edward BSB
Y'shtola BSB/Wall (put gathering storm here)
Cecil BSB/OSB
Tyro (USB1/USB2)

Of course, make sure to use your best RMs (Scholar's boon, Truthseeker, etc.)
Anyway, Tyro casts his USB1, you astra past the crap, and then he follows up with dances to multibreak and lower armor.
Y'shtola can focus on Wall and then BSB (proshellga if you can nudge it in could help)
Edward casts his BSB at least twice for imperil
Agrias starts with SSB, then Cloud USB, then BSB, then (depends on how strong everything's hitting, what's dead) SSB or BSB
Cecil, I'm assuming BSB1, but if not, this might change. He casts BSB1, Cloud, BSB1, Guardbringer until you run out, and then OSB to finish.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

1st AD posted:

Holy SB's:

Orlandeau BSB and SSB
Celes OSB and BSB1
Cecil OSB and BSB
Lenna BSB
Ceodore BSB
Yuna BSB2
Edward BSB

You could do a relatively similar setup to mine.

Vanille - protectga, ultra cure (BSB) - dualcast white RM
Ramza - Full break, affliction break (Shout, Chant) - haste RM
Tyro - magic BD, shellga (wall) - haste RM
Agrias - guard bringer, saint cross (BSB, OSB) - +30% weakness damage RM
Orlandeau - powerchain, 6* knight ability R1 (BSB) - Gathering Storm RM

Cloud USB RW

Ramza put up Shout and chant, Tyro put up wall, they put up breaks when they got the chance. Agrias used Cloud USB and then I think BSBx2 and then maybe an OSB, Orlandeau used the 6* knight skill once or twice to help kill the adds I think. Once the adds were dead, he used Cloud USB RW and then spammed his BSB against Belias. The important thing is to try to move fast so you can get Orlandeau's BSBs in while his thunder god mode from his RM is still up.

You don't have Agrias USB, but her SSB would be enough to make sure her BSB killed the adds with 2 applications so Orlandeau could focus on doing ST damage to belias in the meantime. The Enholy on agrias would also just generally have her do more damage with holy abilities. You may not have chant, but you could probably use Edward BSB to good effect instead.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Those sweet, sweet Vitality motes from the CM for the FFT torment finally allowed me to fully legend dive Cloud. But more importantly I never have to think about Belias ever again.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

After all these bonus dungeons are done and we get half-stamina again, what should I target for stamina gems? Started out getting 2 or even 3 per level, then one, and now it's about 1 every other level (just finished VII-12, about a third of the way down the tree). Am I going to break into another cache of stamina gems down the line or should I just focus on doing elites of the stuff I already unlocked?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bruceski posted:

After all these bonus dungeons are done and we get half-stamina again, what should I target for stamina gems? Started out getting 2 or even 3 per level, then one, and now it's about 1 every other level (just finished VII-12, about a third of the way down the tree). Am I going to break into another cache of stamina gems down the line or should I just focus on doing elites of the stuff I already unlocked?

The elites of the shard-heavy stages are going to be similarly shard-heavy. Those are your biggest cache of them outside of the slow trickle, though.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

lol I finally got around to trying this Emperor MP battle and what the hell is this trash? He got off five actions after hasting before anyone could respond, plus he has mass dispel.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I'd suggest using the branch view of the story dungeons if you aren't already. It helps organize them in the order they were
released/difficulty so it should be a little easier to find more shards starting out.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol I finally got around to trying this Emperor MP battle and what the hell is this trash? He got off five actions after hasting before anyone could respond, plus he has mass dispel.

If you have Raines BSB and decent mitigation I'd highly recommend doing this solo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

iamsosmrt posted:

If you have Raines BSB and decent mitigation I'd highly recommend doing this solo.

Why do they keep designing MP bosses like this, it's such a cool and unique thing for a mobile game and they seem hell bent on making it as mechanically unfun as humanly possible.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Why do they keep designing MP bosses like this, it's such a cool and unique thing for a mobile game and they seem hell bent on making it as mechanically unfun as humanly possible.

It's either this or a horrible omniresist slog with a million status effects and instant death mechanics.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Fister Roboto posted:

It's either this or a horrible omniresist slog with a million status effects and instant death mechanics.

Or just make them...fun. The rewards aren't anything special anyway, just make cool iconic bosses and let everyone show off their SBs and stuff, what the hell is the point if the strategy for any fight that is actually challenging is "do it solo because the netcode is so terrible that multiplayer becomes torture".

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I would settle for them not gating 4* motes behind MP bosses.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

AegisP posted:

I would settle for them not gating 4* motes behind MP bosses.

it sucks mondo rear end

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Yeah, 4 notes need to trickle down fo sho

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alright got my DPS high enough to destroy the Jumpstart, killed them all before any had a chance to use their Ultimate attacks.

Investing all my eggs into getting a mage team and Maria up to level 80 was extremly worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Hell yeah, threw a pull at the XV banner hoping for Noct's SSB, got that and his OSB. Feels good to have a pull go my way again, it's been a long time.

This OSB actually looks kind of interesting since it's not just a boring "deal a bunch of damage" one. Is it actually any good? I assume the potency of the actual OSB hit is pretty weak in exchange, and I doubt there's many situations where I'd want to use it over just casting his SSB again, but at worst it's a stat stick for a realm I have nothing else in and +10 attack to Noct.

Though now I'm in the tough position of deciding if I should legend dive Cloud or Noct - I have Cloud's BSB2 and his Enwind SSB, but Noct seems like he's going to have a permanent spot on physical magicite clears so maybe he's the better choice?

• Locked thread