Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Ammanas posted:

I have zero mods activated for this reason. To be fair it happned when I alt-tabbed during the AI turn cycle, which happened occasionally in WH1 and vanilla WH2.

Literally the same thing that happened to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
What are some of the new unique buildings available to the old factions now? anywhere to look up what mousilion's new building is or the blood keep in nuln for the vampires or nothing yet?

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Um.

I sort of expected this to an extent but. It does kind of throw the balance of the Old World off.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

Um.

I sort of expected this to an extent but. It does kind of throw the balance of the Old World off.

Surtha Elk is the Everchosen of my heart.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

John Charity Spring posted:

Um.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Total War Warhammer 2: Surtha Ek’s Revenge

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Surtha Ek rides again

It's so weird that this campaign is a big step forward in some ways but we lost an entire substantial patch worth of changes and we're fighting hordes of Marauder Horsemen again

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Is there a way to get rid of poo poo traits?

Kroq gar got chain blocked in a vamp province and now has tier 2 bloodlust.

Also gently caress agents. Just remove them from the map CA.

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Xae posted:

If you look at the trait screen you'll notice that Bloodlust has two levels, and he'll have the lower one. Hover over the higher one (which is the 'neutral' level of colour-coding) and it'll say to spend time in untainted regions to lose the trait.

John Charity Spring fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Oct 26, 2017

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I think I'm going to focus on actually completing a vortex campaign before getting into this. It's all a bit rough around the edges.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
only recently started up a game as Malekith to see how unifying as opposed to burning notcanada to the ground was, and his quest text is just utterly delightful

who's mommy's sulky little angel, whose response to a coven of sorceresses being cryptic at him is to burn a city to the ground and then say "you wanna give answering me another try there, wizardtits?"

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Holy poo poo, Malekith's start is actually fairly difficult in ME. You're at war with the Skaven that have the three ruins in your starter province, AND Hag Graef. Hag Graef are huge assholes who will never make peace with you, and meanwhile you're most likely going to get hellmarched by the Mung, because, again, Hag Graef are assholes and 99% of the time will drag them into war with you.

So you bounce Malekith around, trying to unite your province, deal with endless loving rebellions (because Dark Elves are edgy fucks who never stop rebelling), protect your southern border from Hag Graef being asswipes, try to knock out the Mung up north (they only have two cities), all while desperately trying to improve your economy and recruit new units to replace your losses.

You're just constantly bouncing from emergency to emergency, and meanwhile Ghrond and Har Ganeth are getting facerolled by the Aghol for the billionth time, losing territory like mad, and SURPRISE the Aghol just declared war on you, so there's ANOTHER front for you to deal with. Oh yeah, and Hag Graef are being dicks again. Shocker.

It's actually really fun.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Archonex posted:

Edit: Also, Ghorst is pretty good now. That 20% casualty replenishment rate for the entire faction was okay compared to lords that were added in later on like Vlad and Isabella. However now that there's a massive map it basically makes him an expedition running machine since with a bit of work you can send armies overseas to raid temples and such for insane amounts of loot without having to worry about them getting worn down or having to take a province and start an extra war to have a place to fall back too to heal up at.

Necromancers are also pretty amazing now too. Being able to heal your army on the go was fairly useless in the Old World campaign even before they got the Grim and the Grave update that gave them useful stats. After all, why bother when there's usually a city or allied territory a turn or two away? Now though it looks like it could be a life saver. Especially since even little things like small battles let you refresh your unit count to max.

Do these actually help you? iirc, +replenishment stuff was kinda crap because it only worked if you were in your territory (not in allied territory and not in encampment stance). There were only a small handful of exceptions, like the beastmen moon event.

Beer Hall Putz
Sep 10, 2005

Unpleasent snacking
Really couldn't be bothered with playing the Vortex Campaign on anything tougher than very hard, and thought I'd cheese Mortal Empires by playing Brettonians on legendary. It now takes 2000 chivalry to trigger the final battle, they messed with the income so I'm always poor and High Elves are basically psychotic. :saddowns:

Beer Hall Putz fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Oct 26, 2017

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Archonex posted:

Dwarves also got a bunch of new strategic locations on top of all the other old world factions getting them. Zhufbar for instance has at least one special building they can build in Karag Dromar.

Given that I think Zhufbar is where Bugman used to set up his brewery at i'm guessing they're going to be the booze based faction.

The special building in Karag Dromar is Bugman's Brewery. Going by the version they had put into the Vortex campaign as an easter egg, it produces a gigantic amount of beer (100 kegs IIRC), gives a big local public order bonus, local experience and recruitment cost buffs for all Ranger variants, factionwide upkeep reduction for Rangers and a factionwide construction cost discount and lower construction times for the hostelry building chain.

LordAbaddon posted:

Really? I thought crumbling was identical to routing except that instead of running away the units just disintegrated

Full rapid disintegration happens at the point non-undead units would shatter completely. The undead equivalent to routing is slow crumbling, which means DoT kinda comparable to being in range of a Mortis Engine. However, other units crumbling doesn't impact morale the way routing units do afaik, only army losses.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Xae posted:

Also gently caress agents. Just remove them from the map CA.

Nah agents are good in TW2, were good in TW1.

Assassinate erry day.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Though crumbling losses do add up to total battle losses so you still do have some effect of killing everyone spreading to other units, just nowhere near as noticeably as morale.

I think I'm starting incredibly slowly as Queek. I allied with both undead on either side of me and purged the Orcs to the south leaving me with no easy expansion and a generally slow start. Its turn 50 and I only have two full provinces and two armies, though they're getting up to speed as far as artillery goes. I'm at t4 so just started recruiting some Lightning Cannon. Also, good goddamn are Engineers great. All of the engineer buffs to your ranged fire, plus block army, plus steal tech, PLUS extra movement? That's pretty much the absolute best you could hope for in a single agent.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
As much as I'm liking mortal empires, wow, they really did cut out so much of 2's map. I mean like, hell, I think there's a little over half gone, counting the shrinking of Uluthan.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

NewMars posted:

As much as I'm liking mortal empires, wow, they really did cut out so much of 2's map. I mean like, hell, I think there's a little over half gone, counting the shrinking of Uluthan.

It's weird.

The Southlands cuts don't bother me, the Southlands sucked, and nothing down there mattered anyways. We kept Zorn at least.

The Ulthuan shrinking made sense. Having it stuck between continents helps with sailing nonsense.

Lustria? Whatever, it was lovely islands anyways.

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY WESTERN NORTH AMERICA. WHERE DID IT GO. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Rookersh posted:

It's weird.

The Southlands cuts don't bother me, the Southlands sucked, and nothing down there mattered anyways. We kept Zorn at least.

The Ulthuan shrinking made sense. Having it stuck between continents helps with sailing nonsense.

Lustria? Whatever, it was lovely islands anyways.

WHERE THE gently caress IS MY WESTERN NORTH AMERICA. WHERE DID IT GO. THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Everything past the Evil Rockies was literally a wasteland, I'm curious why you mourn it.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

Rookersh posted:

Yeah thats the one that bothered me the most. It removes a ton of conquerable territory for Malkeith and Morathi. I can only imagine it getting worse once other Dark Elf Lords start getting added considering at least two of them are based in the same area if not more.

e:I think the main issue is that it makes Naggaroth a lot more crowded than it is in the vortex campaign

AnEdgelord fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Oct 27, 2017

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Aurubin posted:

Everything past the Evil Rockies was literally a wasteland, I'm curious why you mourn it.

I have no idea!

I hated that area in my Malekith campaign, it was awful and full of stuff I couldn't do much with.

I think it was just less defined? Like Lustria was cut by the mountain boundaries. Southlands was cut by the desert boundaries, Malekiths area was cut straight through the middle, and it's really noticeable upfront because you start right next to the new edge.

I dunno!

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Is there a mod out yet that disables the regiments of renown? That poo poo gotta go, especially when the AI operates with limitless money. Can't find one on the workshop

Hryme fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Oct 27, 2017

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Having an issue where I can't make it past the current turn. The game doesn't crash, it just freezes and becomes unresponsive except mouse movement when processing Black Venom's turn.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

By the way, I was wrong, AI Empire starts with a united Reikland. So it seems some of the QOL changes in the foundation update made it through

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hryme posted:

Is there a mod out yet that disables the regiments of renown? That poo poo gotta go, especially when the AI operates with limitless money. Can't find one on the workshop

Are they that much of a problem? a patch ages ago made it so if you kill a RoR, they take 10 turns before they can be recruited again.

Hryme
Nov 4, 2009
Oh I missed that. I didn't play Warhammer I for a year or so.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Are they that much of a problem? a patch ages ago made it so if you kill a RoR, they take 10 turns before they can be recruited again.

Wasn't that the foundation patch or whatever the pre-Norsca patch was called? Those changes aren't in yet.

Though that might be an easy enough fix that it's in on its own.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

By the way, I was wrong, AI Empire starts with a united Reikland. So it seems some of the QOL changes in the foundation update made it through

This is good to hear, this change was fantastic in TW1.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The main issue is if the AI has them and you don't or you meet the army of nothing but ROR.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
Removing the settlement type restrictions has really let the AI do strange things. 50 turns into an Ungrim game and both Karak Kadrin and Border Princes have gone buck wild, with the former a 10 settlement beast that has taken all of the Vampire lands except Castle Drakenhof and the later with 12 settlements including all of the former lands of the various minor Orc and Dwarf tribes in the mountains near them (Karak Hirn, Black Widows, Venom whatevers).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Welp, I tried all that and game is still hosed. Guess I'll have to wait for a hotfix? All the game does is load up the very first loading screen, say Sega, and then freeze in place.

No amount of verifying files or reinstalling has changed that behavior. Before the Mortal Empires patch the game ran perfectly fine, 40 hours logged, no mods used, nothin'.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Ravenfood posted:

Though crumbling losses do add up to total battle losses so you still do have some effect of killing everyone spreading to other units, just nowhere near as noticeably as morale.

I think I'm starting incredibly slowly as Queek. I allied with both undead on either side of me and purged the Orcs to the south leaving me with no easy expansion and a generally slow start. Its turn 50 and I only have two full provinces and two armies, though they're getting up to speed as far as artillery goes. I'm at t4 so just started recruiting some Lightning Cannon. Also, good goddamn are Engineers great. All of the engineer buffs to your ranged fire, plus block army, plus steal tech, PLUS extra movement? That's pretty much the absolute best you could hope for in a single agent.

The undead east of you (Silver Host?) are about to get steamrolled by Kroq'Gar. His only expansion path is through them, and though you. WELCOME TO DINOTOPIA!

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Randarkman posted:

Having an issue where I can't make it past the current turn. The game doesn't crash, it just freezes and becomes unresponsive except mouse movement when processing Black Venom's turn.

Disable all camera movement options in the top left of the screen.

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry

Captain Oblivious posted:

Welp, I tried all that and game is still hosed. Guess I'll have to wait for a hotfix? All the game does is load up the very first loading screen, say Sega, and then freeze in place.

No amount of verifying files or reinstalling has changed that behavior. Before the Mortal Empires patch the game ran perfectly fine, 40 hours logged, no mods used, nothin'.

Try this mod, it disables the SEGA logo and others, sending you directly to the menu when starting the game.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1149642323&searchtext=

Triple post? You need to post more, and faster!
You gotta pump those numbers up those are rookie numbers!

You all have plenty of time to post with those extra-long turn times we love to complain about.

RBA-Wintrow fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Oct 27, 2017

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Hard to decide what faction to start with and which to wait for the foundation patch update for a better norsca and hero revamp.

Was thinking of playing the vampires, but Kemmler is missing Krell.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Oct 27, 2017

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Anyone else getting extreme FPS loss when the fighting starts while fielding A LOT of skaven in Mortal Empires?
My game goes from steady 60 fps to ca 10 fps when the fighting starts with 1 full mixed units skaven army and 1 full stack of skavenslaves + the enemy army. Which sounds like A BUTTLOAD OF SKAVEN cause it is, but i didn't get any fps loss doing the exact same thing in the Vortex campaign.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Turns are taking longer of course because of more factions, but I am noticing a significant FPS boost on the campaign map in the new campaign. Was that in the notes? Is anyone else experiencing that? Is it because of changes to the map itself or the engine or what?

RBA-Wintrow
Nov 4, 2009

Clapping Larry
@Dongattack
Turn off Screen Space Reflections in the advanced graphics options. The patch has turned it back on.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Mortal empires is fun but I've spent like 50 turns as Malekith consolidating fantasy North America and getting that in a good spot, not enough time raiding the lovely old world races, who I want to annihilate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Mortal empires is fun but I've spent like 50 turns as Malekith consolidating fantasy North America and getting that in a good spot, not enough time raiding the lovely old world races, who I want to annihilate.

Road trip!