Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Pakled posted:

Guys, if we have a revolution now it's going to be harder to become Communist later

paris commune, motherfucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The time has long passed for such half measures. Al-Andalus was betrayed during this war, not just by Hishami dogs or the Archduke of Sausage, but by our own Sultan! In a fit of pique and madness, he murdered our Grand Vizier, in the middle of a war! His position inspires every mad pretender and their mercenary legions! No more! The Majlis made a mistake with al-Muhsin, in accepting any Jizrunid to take the throne! I say no more! I propose:

The Deposition and Reorganization Act

1. Depose and arrest Sultan Ali as a traitor.

2. Institute the direct rule of the Majlis over Al-Andalus. (as a Noble Republic or something, this is still debatable).

:regd08:

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
May I propose we make deposing the Sultan a coalition policy between the Diwan and the Taifas?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Taifas are the main faction, can't form coalitions.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Taifas are the main faction, can't form coalitions.

Yes but I imagine a coup de etat will go smoother if we have the two biggest factions in the majlis throwing their weight behind it

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Well, like, the Taifas literally cannot form a coalition with anyone under any circumstances because them's the rules for the dominant faction. And besides, the point is to make it as messy and horrible as possible so we tank our stability and collapse into Revolution.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Somehow I don't think that will go well for us

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Correct, it will go very horribly and start the Revolution disaster which will go even worse but hopefully end with us being a very pissed off and resurgent Revolutionary Al-Andalus putting all our neighbors to the sword for being reactionaries. Seems more fun than trying to claw our way out of this gaping pit the hard way only to get inevitably pushed back into it by France and Morocco every 30 years.

E: Wait Hashim do we have any current ongoing disasters? The Revolution can't fire if there's another disaster active, we should probably try and fix any currently up.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Slaan posted:

I propose the Godless Heathens Act

Finally, the vile heretics are throwing in the towel. Proposing the Shi'ism isn't working Restoration.

1. Restore the original Ulema and send these 'Reformed Ulema' Ali-Come-Latelys back where they came from.

2. Restore the majority faith of Al-Andalus as the official faith. The people have made their choice, every time we defy them things get worse.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Correct, it will go very horribly and start the Revolution disaster which will go even worse but end with us being a very pissed off and resurgent Revolutionary Al-Andalus putting all our neighbors to the sword for being reactionaries. Seems more fun than trying to claw our way out of this gaping pit the hard way only to get inevitably pushed back into it by France and Morocco every 30 years.

E: Wait Hashim do we have any current ongoing disasters? The Revolution can't fire if there's another disaster active, we should probably try and fix any currently up.

Guillotining the Almoravids is going to be sweet

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Talas posted:

I propose the gently caress It, Take More Loans Act.

After losing our piggy banks colonies, we are in serious need of more gold stuff, a new navy, new buildings, and a new Grand Vizier with a head on his shoulders. Sadly, we are going to have to let some debts go into default... and well, take some more with some dubious awesome merchants. I mean, we are going to need more money just to have a revolution functional government.

Voting for this, of course :)

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah, don't worry about that. If things go how I think they're gonna go, then it'll take 3 or 4 updates before all the consequences have played out anyways.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
Whole lot of people here with no faith in Al-Andalus. Don't you know this is our golden age???

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

Whole lot of people here with no faith in Al-Andalus. Don't you know this is our golden age???

We have faith in Al-Andalus. Just not the Sultan, or the government, or the people

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

full islamunism now imo

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

So for real though isn't Shia objectively better than Sunni gameplaywise?

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The time has long passed for such half measures. Al-Andalus was betrayed during this war, not just by Hishami dogs or the Archduke of Sausage, but by our own Sultan! In a fit of pique and madness, he murdered our Grand Vizier, in the middle of a war! His position inspires every mad pretender and their mercenary legions! No more! The Majlis made a mistake with al-Muhsin, in accepting any Jizrunid to take the throne! I say no more! I propose:

2. Institute the direct rule of the Majlis over Al-Andalus. (as a Noble Republic or something, this is still debatable).

Always wanted to join the oubliette faction, glad to have some company

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

it's gonna be cool if three out of the four factions embrace seditious legislation while the andalusi diwan pass a laughably irrelevant proposal about book purchases

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I think the Ulema have kind of a weird place in the body because it's less like "here's an influential caucus that can pass their own policy" and more "it's those two weird guys in the corner nobody listens to." Like, should the weakest faction really be setting our religious policy when the most powerful factions are literally toppling and restructuring the government?

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I am supporting this, and I can only hope that the official faith of the next regime will be Sunni again.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Slaan posted:

I propose the Godless Heathens Act

1. The Ulema will be disbanded at the next session of the Majils.

2. Mosques and religiously affiliated buildings will be sold off first in the event we need to for payment of our debts. No new religious buildings may be constructed.

You throw away the Word of Allah, then his followers will no longer support this realm. Let's see how much worse you do without even the presence of his followers.

One does not need mosques to commune with The One. I, Chatrapati ibn Chatrapati, endorse this proposal. Our people shall live lives as austere as Muhammed's (pbuh) in order to learn to live lives as pious as Muhammed's (pbuh).

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

A companion act to this one:

I propose The Burn it to the Ground Act of 1753

1. Take out the maximum amount of loans to be spent however the sultan/administration sees fit

2. If any revolutionary rebels spawn, they are not to be engaged under any circumstance.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
I think it should come as no surprise that the premature execution of our grand vizier has left our government shaken in its organization and has lead to a decrease in stability within it. I think it is no great proclamation either to say that Al-Andalus has a long history of such depositions taking place Therefore I propose

The Trial Act

- Any upper-level government official (member of the Majlis, for example), or member of the nobility has the right to a fair trial in the presence of the Majlis if accused of a crime. The Majlis will decide the accused's guilt via a simple majority vote. Guilt must be established in this way before any punishment can take place

- No man or body, not even the Sultan, has the authority to deny or circumvent this aforementioned right.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think we've gone far loving past "ruin it for the challenge" at this point.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

really queer Christmas posted:

A companion act to this one:

1. Take out the maximum amount of loans to be spent however the sultan/administration sees fit

2. If any revolutionary rebels spawn, they are not to be engaged under any circumstance.

Switching to support this

E: RZApublican, this isn't "ruin it for the challenge", intentionally handicapping ourselves was what got us here to begin with. This is burning the place down for the insurance money/accelerating the inevitable collapse so we get it over with and can start rebuilding ASAP instead of 50 years from now.

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 27, 2017

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

unwantedplatypus posted:

I think it should come as no surprise that the premature execution of our grand vizier has left our government shaken in its organization and has lead to a decrease in stability within it. I think it is no great proclamation either to say that Al-Andalus has a long history of such depositions taking place Therefore I propose

The Trial Act

- Any upper-level government official (member of the Majlis, for example), or member of the nobility has the right to a fair trial in the presence of the Majlis if accused of a crime. The Majlis will decide the accused's guilt via a simple majority vote. Guilt must be established in this way before any punishment can take place

- No man or body, not even the Sultan, has the authority to deny or circumvent this aforementioned right.

So no noble will ever be punished if they have enough friends or money? That is some serious revolution bait.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Zakrelo posted:

So no noble will ever be punished if they have enough friends or money? That is some serious revolution bait.

Lol if you thought they were really getting punished before, aside from those in open rebellion

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015

unwantedplatypus posted:

Lol if you thought they were really getting punished before, aside from those in open rebellion

The Sultan's right to rule is divinely granted by Allah. Any punishment or lack of punishment he made or will make is therefore the right one, unlike the judgements by a menagerie of malevolent Majlis.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!
Updated policies:

Luhood posted:

I propose the Andalusi Reconstruction Act! We are to, in no specific order:

• Secure an Alliance with a great power in order to stave of any hostility and aggression from Morocco and France in this time of strife.
  • Do our best to pay off our rampaging debts before they take us out first.
Once these both are done I am sure there are other things we need to be doing in terms of other Acts and Propositions.

Luhood, RZApublican.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Lord Cyrahzax, Frionnel, Rodyle, ThatBasqueGuy, everydayfalls, Snipee.

Soup du Jour posted:

Proposing the Defense in Depth act, to upgrade all our forts to the highest level as soon as possible starting with those closest to our coastal borders. If possible, we should also have forts in every state at the least.

Soup du Jour, GunnerJ.

really queer Christmas posted:

really queer Christmas, Crazycryodude.

Talas posted:

I propose the gently caress It, Take More Loans Act.

After losing our piggy banks colonies, we are in serious need of more gold stuff, a new navy, new buildings, and a new Grand Vizier with a head on his shoulders. Sadly, we are going to have to let some debts go into default... and well, take some more with some dubious awesome merchants. I mean, we are going to need more money just to have a revolution functional government.

Talas, QuoProQuid, Ralepozozaxe, Camoes.

MaxieSatan posted:

Friends, though I will not endorse their proposals openly, those calling for revolution are wise to see that we have a choice before us: innovate or die. We cannot continue digging ourselves deeper into the same hole and expecting it to turn out fine; we must take this opportunity to truly realign our goals and right this wayward ship we call a sultanate.

I do not say this lightly; with the loss of our Gharbian empire, I, and indeed the entire Makshi family, have lost a fortune - no doubt the same is true for many of you. But Sevilla remains the gateway to Mediterranean trade, and Andalusia remains a golden land - should we succumb to hopelessness when we still have so much left to fight for?!

To this end, I propose the Administrative and Economic Restructure Act, or, if you prefer something more poetic, the Midas' Plea Policy. It goes as follows:

1) Reform the economy to incorporate new ideas such as free markets and centralized banking. By doing so we may stabilize inflation and increase revenue.
2) Enact austerity policies with regards to construction, the military, and any other drains on the economy. Especially forts, of which we surely have plenty in strategic areas - sufficient troops not so much.

Gentlemen, the future of this country is as ceramic thrust straight from the kiln and into your hands. Accept it though it may pain you, or let it fall to the ground and shatter.

MaxieSatan.

Slaan posted:

I propose the Godless Heathens Act:
1. The Ulema will be disbanded at the next session of the Majils.
2. Mosques and religiously affiliated buildings will be sold off first in the event we need to for payment of our debts. No new religious buildings may be constructed.

You throw away the Word of Allah, then his followers will no longer support this realm. Let's see how much worse you do without even the presence of his followers.

Slaan, Chatrapati.

AJ_Impy posted:

Proposing the Shi'ism isn't working Restoration.:

1. Restore the original Ulema and send these 'Reformed Ulema' Ali-Come-Latelys back where they came from.
2. Restore the majority faith of Al-Andalus as the official faith. The people have made their choice, every time we defy them things get worse.

AJ_Impy.

paragon1 posted:

Hit the Books Act

All tech types must be advanced as far as they can possibly go, barring ruinous expense.
All Majlis entertainment and recreation budgets are to be reduced by 4/5ths.
No tequila, no partying.

paragon1, Pakled, Danny Glands.

mcclay posted:

Restoration of Order Act
1. All loans must be paid off before any buildings are to be built
2. Once the loans are paid off Town Halls must be built in the states with the highest maintenance and most autonomy.

mcclay, Jeoh.

unwantedplatypus posted:

The Trial Act

unwantedplatypus.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Rodyle posted:

Unless you're doing a "max cavalry power" build then yes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

gently caress it, I'm supporting the gently caress It, Take More Loans Act.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Rodyle posted:

Yes if you go by pure mechanics, no if you go by our current situation.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Rodyle posted:

100% of the current religious Majil caucus have voted to do away with the Shi’ite ‘reformed Ulema’. If anyone wants to keep it and persist with staying Shi’a, they are keeping pretty quiet about it. When the revolution comes, the Sunni banners will come with it.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Al-Andalus stock is falling, SELL SELL!

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Islamic Revolution act

I propose the Ulema back the upcoming Taifa coup so that the righteous manage to have some say in the new government. Let us pray that The All Seeing will make his will known to the Majlis and they will not ignore it like these godless tyrants have.

As the Hadith says: “If a person who is appointed in authority over people, does not look after the people with goodwill and sincerity, he will not get even the aroma of paradise.”

The Sultan must go. Glory to God.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Vinny Possum posted:

Islamic Revolution act

I propose the Ulema back the upcoming Taifa coup so that the righteous manage to have some say in the new government. Let us pray that The All Seeing will make his will known to the Majlis and they will not ignore it like these godless tyrants have.

As the Hadith says: “If a person who is appointed in authority over people, does not look after the people with goodwill and sincerity, he will not get even the aroma of paradise.”

The Sultan must go. Glory to God.

You know what, I can work with this. Add in getting rid of the Sultan's unusual religious innovations and I'll back you up.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012
If there's a tie-breaker, go with the Islamic Revolution Act. I feel like that's what I would vote for if we were still working with the old Ulema rather than the new.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
This deliberately tanking ourselves is the same poo poo that killed the Denmark LP. :colbert:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I feel like the real, albeit obvious, lesson of these kinds of audience participation LP:s is that goons should never run a country ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

This deliberately tanking ourselves is the same poo poo that killed the Denmark LP. :colbert:

That was more the constant infighting and sabotaging each other.