Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Goon Danton posted:

Oh right, I keep forgetting about y'all's statistical tire fire. Gonna mail my copy of Thinking Fast and Slow back to Kahneman and make him fix it.

fwiw Kahneman is generally considered One of the Good Ones, at least as far as widely influential lay psych writing goes. He retracted the whole chapter of Thinking Fast and Slow that was based on bad research, and wrote a lengthy apology with later editions.

Mind you, I still don't trust the quality of that area of research very much, but that's pretty remarkable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugoberta Munchu
Jun 5, 2003

Do you want a hupyrolysege slcorpselong?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z75LQXSBqKc

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
i'm glad that a, uh *squints* republic, clone... trooper? is here to explain why the truth is in the middle

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

"to explain to you why antifa are as bad as the nazis, i'm going to use a nazi analogue as my avatar"

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

fallenturtle posted:

He has a series of videos defending North Korea. Useful idiot.

If you think that's the worst thing about him you need to reassess your priorities.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

"to explain to you why antifa are as bad as the nazis, i'm going to use a nazi analogue as my avatar"

Do you think he knows why they’re called stormtroopers?

fallenturtle
Feb 28, 2003
paintedblue.net

Praseodymi posted:

If you think that's the worst thing about him you need to reassess your priorities.

None of my priorities involve YouTube or the people who post videos to it.

I haven't watched all his videos or read his biography, so of all of his attributes I have no clue which is the worst.

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Angry_Ed posted:

Look he's just one more mindless clone who is incapable of hitting what he aims at.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i do get a kick out of destiny calling it the "septic" community.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

ooh boy this one's a doozy

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/923987542218862592

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Burn them at the stake, goddamn what sickening piece of poo poo.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/923988066062266373

He's right, we need to let rocks vote.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/923953298377527298

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Well this was an adventure from start to finish.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I wish I could be that wrong.

Like I wish I had the ability to be so aggressively wrong and just keep on trucking regardless.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The problem with being able to be so wrong that you can go overseas to gently caress exploited children and then return home and act like it's no big deal is that you might end up going overseas to gently caress exploited children.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I like to think I would stupid my way into inventing viable fusion power or something.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think for people capable of being that continuously wrong, your best case scenario is that you end up like Liz Truss.

Plenty of people have rich-and-bored their way into inventing cool things (although they only make up about 0.01% of the rich and bored so that doesn't excuse the rest), I'm not sure how many have stupided their way into that.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like with a bit of careful work and that as a starting point you might actually be able to become wrong enough to break the laws of physics.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Madmarker posted:

I thought this was just a funny picture tweet but that was a hell of a thread. No, the calling it a "doozy" in the post did not clue me in at all.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

It never ceases to surprise me how much of a goddamn nerd this guy is.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Is he talking about a WarHammer 40k role play session or has he fallen that far down the ubermensch rabbit hole?

Also Christ I will never get out over how he looks like someone just min/max'd every slider on the Skyrim character creator and went "gently caress it, why not? Play."

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Ahahah Did he draw that ContraPoints as WH40K demonette fanart?

Holy poo poo this dude's trying to smash.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Madmarker posted:

Seriously. :psyduck:

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Yeah, not even the Swedish bodybuilding nazi can cheer me up after that tweet thread. Congratulations big guy, you're not the worst person on Youtube.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

nine-gear crow posted:

Is he talking about a WarHammer 40k role play session or has he fallen that far down the ubermensch rabbit hole?

Yes

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Kyle Kulinski of Secular Talk debates Razorfist on Drunken Peasants on a number of topics including healthcare, conservatism, etc:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IARK379_-c

Now I'm not a fan of Drunken Peasants, nor am I that big on Kulinski's New Atheist leanings, but I thought this might be entertaining for some people here.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Holy gently caress Razorfist, now that's a blast from the past.

Glad to see he's still the same edgelord he was as a teenager, and likely will always be.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Razorfist is (was?) like an old school Republican conservative type, unironically buying into Obama birtherism, etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

nickmeister posted:

Razorfist is (was?) like an old school Republican conservative type, unironically buying into Obama birtherism, etc.

he has always been a stupid moron rear end in a top hat. he used to at least have some good points about game stuff. but he kinda always was and now is even more of a right wing rear end in a top hat.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/thejd800/status/923717552043208704

did this get posted yet?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
The poo poo eating grin of a man who knows what he's doing is wrong and why it's wrong.

Such utter trash.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

these clowns are all mentally and emotionally 15.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Groovelord Neato posted:

these clowns are all mentally and emotionally 15.

i assume so. i guess i dont understand the "ultimate gently caress you mom contrarian rear end in a top hat" mentality and how that is legit the end all be all for these idiots.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's kind of a thing, the alt right are all edgelords, being contrarian is part of the point, like the dark enlightenment they are attracted to it because they want the image of being the person who understands the hard truths, which is why it overlaps with new atheism because that's all wrapped up in being super grimdark about your atheism.

Thing is that a lot of these "truths" are manufactured, we actually don't need inequality, or ethnic homogeneity, or fascism, they aren't actually helpful, the solution are actually much nicer, but they don't like that idea because it's hard to make "by collective human labour we can make the world better" sound edgy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

but they don't like that idea because it's hard to make "by collective human labour we can make the world better" sound edgy.
If you can't make gulags for kulaks and reeducation camps for fash sound edgy, you're not trying at all.

I wonder what Sargon's video on the Jewish question will be like. "Why don't hot Semitic girls want to massage my gross chode even when I offer them money? :qq:"

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

If you can't make gulags for kulaks and reeducation camps for fash sound edgy, you're not trying at all.

I wonder what Sargon's video on the Jewish question will be like. "Why don't hot Semitic girls want to massage my gross chode even when I offer them money? :qq:"

Wait for him to send a tweet to a Jewish person saying "I WOULDN'T gas you."

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

do mouthy buddha and bunty and sargon and all know that the jews of europe were mostly poor and powerless? you don't target the powerful when you need a scapegoat that's the point of the scapegoat.

it's honestly pissing me off because the holocaust is probably the thing i know the most about. it is the worst crime humanity has committed and these fucks are making "both sides" videos about it.

the jewish question is how could one people be hosed over time and time again and still some people never learn.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

:umberto:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Groovelord Neato posted:

do mouthy buddha and bunty and sargon and all know that the jews of europe were mostly poor and powerless? you don't target the powerful when you need a scapegoat that's the point of the scapegoat.

it's honestly pissing me off because the holocaust is probably the thing i know the most about. it is the worst crime humanity has committed and these fucks are making "both sides" videos about it.

the jewish question is how could one people be hosed over time and time again and still some people never learn.

what about the Great Leap Forward leading to at least 18 million deaths or the Holodomor?

• Locked thread