Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Well the good news is his potential third wife probably won't run into this problem :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Well, at least she knows how to make him love her again and remember her fondly.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Haifisch posted:

Me [28/F] with my mother [44/F] forced us to be chronically homeless and on the run. I want to cut her out but feel tremendously guilty about doing so.

My partner has an unstable mom--though nothing like this--and while I grew up poor, I knew nothing but love from my family, and stories like this make me want to just scoop her up and hold her and make things okay. Something, you know, your parents should do. My mom is the poo poo, and it breaks my heart that she didn't have a mom like mine.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Holy poo poo, :murder:.

Even the reddit comments are a chorus of "you done hosed this up forever."

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Yeah, I read the title and figured she had just thrown out a few choice pics, not that she literally deployed the History Eraser Button and wiped all traces of her existence.

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
"Take this dead lady, down the memory hole with you. I win!"

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Shugojin posted:

You haven't felt that weird combination of pity and disgust until you've watched someone throw away tens of thousands on scratch off lottery tickets over a period of a few months

Hell my company owns a store and there's an old lady who comes in and drops like a grand on the drat things in one go every week :signings:

I have a completely loving useless relative (32 years old!) who will ask for money to do things like pay her power bill, water bill, buy food, etc. once a month or so and then say with a straight face something like, "Yeah, I'm broke since I bought 20 $10 scratch-offs because the clerk said the last one hit for $500 and you know there are always big winners within 20 of each other!"

She is always sincerely flabbergasted and disheartened when I tell her to eat poo poo and make better choices. "But my power is going to be turned off! I won't be able to flush the toilet!"

Light your house with burning scratch-offs! Use the scratch-off corpses to make a tiny cup to catch rainwater in to flush your toilet! But most of all, EAT poo poo.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I like that weasily title. She says she threw the photos away "years ago." It turns out it was only TWO years ago.

I lost my mother (who was almost as crazy as $39,450 in lottery tickets lady) at 14 and I lived with my stepdad who got remarried 2 years later and I can't even begin to imagine how angry I would've been with my stepmother if she had thrown away all of my mother's belongings and all of my photos of her. Especially when I was 18 like the stepdaughter in the post and was nowhere near being over it yet. Like, I would be actively petitioning my dad to get a divorce if I was her. That's unforgivable. That person is gone forever. This is all we have left.

JonathonSpectre posted:

I have a completely loving useless relative (32 years old!) who will ask for money to do things like pay her power bill, water bill, buy food, etc. once a month or so and then say with a straight face something like, "Yeah, I'm broke since I bought 20 $10 scratch-offs because the clerk said the last one hit for $500 and you know there are always big winners within 20 of each other!"

She is always sincerely flabbergasted and disheartened when I tell her to eat poo poo and make better choices. "But my power is going to be turned off! I won't be able to flush the toilet!"

Light your house with burning scratch-offs! Use the scratch-off corpses to make a tiny cup to catch rainwater in to flush your toilet! But most of all, EAT poo poo.

lol

Good for you, man. I know that sounds sarcastic, but seriously, too many people give in to and enable this kind of poo poo because FAMILY.

HoAssHo fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 27, 2017

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Jesus christ, that story was bad enough if it's "just" his former wife, not also their daughter's mother! gently caress. That's so depressing for everyone involved.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Did yall see the part where photo destroyer is 13 weeks pregnant? Cause thats the cherry on a poo poo sunday

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
I need a link to that story. Google gives nothing but I have to see the comments

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Yeah that's p bad, my dad passed away when I was quite young and then sometime in college after my mom had gotten into a new relationship I was taking a bunch of his old belongings that were boxed up back to my apartment as mementos, nothing too special but like his old beer mugs and stuff like that. I packed the stuff up friday, stayed over at a friend's place that night, then was planning on making the ~300 mile drive back to school the next day. Overnight I got robbed (technically burgled as the police lady with incredibly poor people skills informed me with a "well actually" while I was grieving over lost mementos of my dead father), I hoped they would turn up as a box by a dumpster somewhere nearby cause nothing was actually worth selling but no dice.

I was upset for a while but eventually got over it, at least I still have his wedding band. I can't imagine how furious I would be if the person who had taken those things from me for no reason was someone I knew and they knew how important the knickknacks were, like drat that's a fuckup on an unbelievable scale.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

I need a link to that story. Google gives nothing but I have to see the comments

I tried searching reddit with the thread title but literally nothing, tried various pieces of the thread title and still nothing. Never had that happen before dunno if there's just some copy/paste shenanigans here or if the entire thread got nuked.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
The OP got nuked and the comments got locked, which makes it invisible on searches but still linkable.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.

Haifisch posted:

The OP got nuked and the comments got locked, which makes it invisible on searches but still linkable.

Thanks! and also: jesus loving christ, this is maybe the most unfathomably hosed-up thing in the entire thread. That guy and his daughter may never recover from this and I wouldn’t blame them. God knows I never would.

I don’t understand why she bothered to ask what she should do. There isn’t anything TO be done.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yeah that's some poo poo right there.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

almightyerin posted:

I (F35) threw away old photos of my husband (M44) with his late wife years ago. He just found out and hates me for it.

I am a widower, and have photos all over of us. I've gotten rid of most of her stuff, but by god, if someone ever touched the things I kept, There would be blood.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I read the photos one to the spouse-unit and she gasped

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well its obvious why the photo destroyer is terrible on every level, she's an F-35

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

I am a widower, and have photos all over of us. I've gotten rid of most of her stuff, but by god, if someone ever touched the things I kept, There would be blood.

all over like still hanging up as a reminder that your current SO is your second choice or like all over as in you have a box of mementos in storage. Cause even as a kid of a widow I think it'd be sorta inappropriate if my mom had that stuff on display. She's moved on with her new husband and I'm happy for their new life together. It's not like she's forgotten but that stuff is in a box that's mostly kept around for my brother and I.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh my god you're an insane moron, I sincerely hope there is an update to this that says "Alone and homeless".

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I don’t understand why she bothered to ask what she should do. There isn’t anything TO be done.
Because she's panicking and hoping she can salvage this situation somehow. This has "sorry I got caught" written all over it - hell, she spends half the post trying to justify why she did it and how she's sorry now, honest.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Haifisch posted:

Because she's panicking and hoping she can salvage this situation somehow. This has "sorry I got caught" written all over it - hell, she spends half the post trying to justify why she did it and how she's sorry now, honest.

I legit hope for the daughter's sake that the husband considers this grounds for divorce. Like no way that's not gonna leave a lasting impression on her and a feel for his priorities if he doesn't. Might as well just say out with the old in with the new fam at that point if he sticks around.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

quote:

Me [29M] with my In-Laws [25F/61M/58F] - Don't trust me around my own children and are trying to demean my relationship with my wife/handler

I married my wife/handler "Sherrie" 9 years ago. We are deeply in love and she is my whole world, I love pleasing her. We have 2 kids (6 and 3) and we both work (Sherrie full-time at a doctor's office and me full-time; split half-half between home and office [Monday, Wednesday, and a morning shift on every second Friday]).
Because of our work situation Sherrie's parents and sister volunteered to babysit the kids when we needed help (retired/stay-at-home-mum). Initially this all worked out great. They would ring 5 minutes before arrival as we discussed "to make sure I was ready," then whoever was picking them up would arrive and take the children. Over the past 4 months Sherrie's sister has become increasingly less respectful of the 5 minute warning call, something which I have raised with her several times, but still happened up until the incident.
INCIDENT: Sherrie's sister came by without warning on a Friday that I was working from home, I'd changed my shifts at work and my alternate Fridays had switched for a month back in August. She came on the wrong day despite me telling her about it in text and also in person the last time she came by. She either wasn't listening or forgot, which is typical of her. Regardless of the cause she came by and I had taken the kids out to the park and accidentally left my phone at home. She tried ringing and couldn't get through, she tried knocking and didn't get an answer. While it was clear that I was out (car was gone), for some reason she decided to go around the back "to make sure everyone was okay" and she must have found the dog poo in the back yard, because later that day when I saw her missed calls and returned her call she admitted to what she had done. On he phone she admitted she snooped around the back and found the dog poo.
ISSUE: Sherrie's family aren't fully aware of our relationship. They understand the intimate husband/wife/family relationship we have, but at Sherrie's insistence we have hidden the more meaningful aspect of our relationship that has blossomed over the past 2 years; the relationship between a handler and her pup.
So when I found out what she had done I was furious. She couldn't understand what was wrong and kept asking when we got a dog; I calmly told her that it was none of her business and told her to drop it, but she didn't get the picture. Finally I growled "We have a dog that we all love very much, maybe one day if Sherrie trusts you enough you will get to meet him" and hung up.
I thought that was the end of the issue and that she wouldn't keep prying into our home life, but the next day Sherrie confronted me and told me her sister had asked her about a dog. I knew that I had been a bad boy re: the tone of the conversation with her sister and wanted to make amends so I told her the complete truth about what her sister had found. She flipped and long-story condensed = we had a family meeting and explained our lifestyle and how it was perfectly normal and safe.
ONGOING ISSUE: Sherrie's family now are visiting daily without warning while I'm at home working. They are not calling 5 minutes ahead and I don't have time to get changed into human clothes to answer the door. This has been going on for 2 months now and they are frequently trying to take my children out for sleep overs and day trips. My MIL/FIL barely speak to me when they're there and her SIL is noticeably cold. My children have stopped playing in the yard and I found out yesterday it was because my SIL told them it wasn't safe.
I discussed this with my wife/handler and she admitted that her family have been putting lots of pressure on her lately and telling her that we're not normal. She told me that her parents are telling her that "she was to blame" for supporting my behaviour... This is a mutually respectful life choice with no impact on anyone but ourselves!
QUESTION: How do I make it clear to them that their judgements are not warranted? We need them to continue caring for our children on days when my wife and I are both at work, but being in the same room as them makes me want to bite something.
TL;DR In-Laws found out about our handler/pup relationship and now don't trust me around my children. Saying that I'm unsafe and putting them at risk and also demeaning our relationship choices.

datajugend fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Oct 27, 2017

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
So, is it his fault for not picking up his poops or his wife's fault for not picking up his poops?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I spent way too long staring at the first paragraph trying to figure out what was going on. My brain refused to process it or read the "handler and her pup" bit.

I should have listened to my brain's attempt to protect me. :gonk:

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
It took me a while to catch on to what was going on in that post but now I'm completely horrified. If he really does need notice to not be a total weirdo does that basically mean he's involving his kids in his fetish on a regular basis?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weirdo sex thing? It's just a dog who learned how to post on the internet and gets aggressive around strangers looking for advice.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Haifisch posted:

Bullshit.

The same poo poo happened to me. When my dad died, hid second wife's daughter Debbie (I don't care if she and the rest of the parasites are reading because gently caress you shits) stole his car, money, house, destroyed the pictures of my family and she had her husband/kid's friends smash the furniture she didn't want to keep. This after threatening to shoot me. And yes she had a gun. Cops and lawyers were useless.

No, this bitch isn't sorry. She's just sorry he's mad at her.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Khazar-khum posted:

She's just sorry he's mad at her.
Like I said, "sorry I got caught", and putting on a mini-morality play in her post because that's how she convinces herself she's not a loving awful human being.

Barudak posted:

Weirdo sex thing? It's just a dog who learned how to post on the internet and gets aggressive around strangers looking for advice.
Is this where we go back to punching dogs?

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

It took me a while to catch on to what was going on in that post but now I'm completely horrified. If he really does need notice to not be a total weirdo does that basically mean he's involving his kids in his fetish on a regular basis?

On the one hand, that is what the text says. On the other hand, I absolutely do not believe that small children who knew that their dad dressed up like a dog wouldn't be mentioning that to the family members who regularly babysit them. So I think this is probably not true.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Barudak posted:

They married into a human family. That's at least a little weird.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

ArbitraryC posted:

all over like still hanging up as a reminder that your current SO is your second choice or like all over as in you have a box of mementos in storage. Cause even as a kid of a widow I think it'd be sorta inappropriate if my mom had that stuff on display. She's moved on with her new husband and I'm happy for their new life together. It's not like she's forgotten but that stuff is in a box that's mostly kept around for my brother and I.

It's a photo on the nightable, fridge, and two in the living room. When I get another SO I'm sure most of the photos will slowly be updated/replaced, but if some random woman if over and feels like a second choice, well no poo poo that's because you *are*. It's as much for them to cope with on the dating scene as it is for me. The woman in that story is hot trash who never got over her partner being happy with someone else and deserves a divorce asap, that poor guy & daughter

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Doc Hawkins posted:

The family are also dogs. They're just weirdos who like pretending to be a human.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Doc Hawkins posted:

Look they only got married so she could get on his insurance. Dog employee's benefits are strong thanks to the dog union.

The Lone Badger posted:

The family are also dogs. They're just weirdos who like pretending to be a human.

Is that why they're mad they got a dog, because it would basically be slavery?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Barudak posted:

Did yall see the part where photo destroyer is 13 weeks pregnant? Cause thats the cherry on a poo poo sunday

That's curable, especially if he sacks up and and arranges for her to apologize to his dead wife in person.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

therobit posted:

That's curable, especially if he sacks up and and arranges for her to apologize to his dead wife in person.

Whoa.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

It's a photo on the nightable, fridge, and two in the living room. When I get another SO I'm sure most of the photos will slowly be updated/replaced, but if some random woman if over and feels like a second choice, well no poo poo that's because you *are*. It's as much for them to cope with on the dating scene as it is for me. The woman in that story is hot trash who never got over her partner being happy with someone else and deserves a divorce asap, that poor guy & daughter

Yeah she's hot garbage because even after he put the stuff away she still went and trashed it, no arguments there. But an important step for him moving on in the first place was putting the stuff away.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
At least his next partner doesn't have to worry about him keeping anything from this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

therobit posted:

:thurman: