Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Looking at the loving MMC Aero Alpha thread and it's bumped with a bunch of replies. Oh, I think, must be shipping.

No it's tfwers yelling about a seam on his leg bothering them

??? This is a deal breaker ???

and LazyAza explaining to the fart salad brigade that yes, he is a slightly different shade of white than Drift because they're trying to intentionally differentiate the two figures. loving tfw2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Diet Poison posted:

Frankly I'm surprised they haven't made Titan Masters of alternate Blitzwing faces, given that they kept the multi-face gimmick for Generations for kinda no reason. Seemed like they wanted to make it Blitzwing's "deal".

Someone probably will at some point, but the third party stuff is beginning to slow down a bit. The demand for classics style 3P stuff has kind of dropped off and what's left is mostly Masterpiece style.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

The most exciting 3P stuff is MMC’s comicverse stuff and UT’s movie stuff with the seemingly impossible transformations.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Caesarian Sectarian posted:

The most exciting 3P stuff is MMC’s comicverse stuff and UT’s movie stuff with the seemingly impossible transformations.

Yeah. That stuff kinda isn't even on my radar at all.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah. That stuff kinda isn't even on my radar at all.
Is anything? Cuz you know, you're wrong?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'm assuming it is, but that's mistransformed right?

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I have photographs I'd taken in person last year that show it transformed better. But that was then, in the nebulous year of 2016. There's a four sided argument in the thread. On one side, a guy who supposedly has insider information says it's intentional and the sun roof tail is an option. You can transform it differently, he claims. He mentioned the dinogirls and uses the word 'armatures'. Another says it is mistransformed but won't reveal his sources. Across from them, the wailing of manchildren who claim it is garbage and poo poo bad. Then another, who claims FansProject is dead, has been dead, and has a lot to answer for. He is all serious business over a toy company that paints bras on robots. Between them scurries a lone wounded man who asks if it will come with a sword.

It is a bad thread. Do not go there. A local tells me he doesn't believe it will even come out.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Oh man I hope it has a sword. Just to make that guy happy.

Somehow I suspect the worst threads will be those discussing upcoming 3P movie masterpiece-style figures since these combine the worst of 3rd party, MP and movie figure fans in a vortex of horrible.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Between the fandom getting ratholed on weirder and weirder poo poo and the retail product continuing to obsess on the 80s (to say nothing of the movie lines) instead of innovating I feel myself giving less of a poo poo about this hobby. I know I’m only one guy but unless there’s another beast wars level upheaval I’ll probably take a break for a while. Or, because I’m almost 40, bail out completely.

Oh right, BSS. The comics aren’t holding my attention either.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Blackheart posted:

Oh man I hope it has a sword. Just to make that guy happy.
Justice for Swordguy!

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Between the fandom getting ratholed on weirder and weirder poo poo and the retail product continuing to obsess on the 80s (to say nothing of the movie lines) instead of innovating I feel myself giving less of a poo poo about this hobby. I know I’m only one guy but unless there’s another beast wars level upheaval I’ll probably take a break for a while.
Well, you're not the only one, there's a reason I haven't posted much recently. Even as someone who does like the movie designs, I'm suffering from Optimus Prime / Bumblebee fatigue pretty bad and I really do think this franchise needs a breath of fresh air.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Iron Factory Jetfire and Nova Prime! More pics here (and is that Jazz sort of hidden in the middle?)

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Is anything? Cuz you know, you're wrong?

Not really, I've been losing interest in most Transformers stuff. It helps that it's one of the worst fandoms out there.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Just don't go looking for any of the fandom unless you want to buy something and want to see people's pictures and opinions, with the exception of this thread because nobody is screaming about lady transformers or gay transformers or whatever the next thing the people of TFW/Seibertron are getting upset about is.

This thread for the last 2 years or so is genuinely the most active I've been in the TF 'fandom' in my entire life and I'm enough of a turbo nerd loser fan to have had big loving Autobot and Decepticon insignias tattooed on my forearms for the last 14 years.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Terry van Feleday posted:

Well, you're not the only one, there's a reason I haven't posted much recently. Even as someone who does like the movie designs, I'm suffering from Optimus Prime / Bumblebee fatigue pretty bad and I really do think this franchise needs a breath of fresh air.
I'm finding it mildly amusing that people will state that they are getting bored of the repetitive 80's dipping of the franchise at the same time that people are condemning the comics for being "nothing but OCs talking to each other".

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Arquinsiel posted:

I'm finding it mildly amusing that people will state that they are getting bored of the repetitive 80's dipping of the franchise at the same time that people are condemning the comics for being "nothing but OCs talking to each other".

It is a bit funny.

Gammatron 64 posted:

Not really, I've been losing interest in most Transformers stuff. It helps that it's one of the worst fandoms out there.

Your problem is identifying with a "fandom" in the first place.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Aw hell Takara Brawn looks amazingly better than Hasbro, dang!

http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/10/27/hand-pics-new-takara-legends-lg-47-kickback-lg-48-gong-repgunus-lg-49-triggerhappy-352695

The window and tire detail makes a huge difference.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
It'd probably be less of a complaint if the OCs they had were any good haha. Or atleast the ones who pop up the most. Like I think Aileron is pretty fun, moreso than the new ones from The Last Light :shrug:

It's also fun giving stuff to the chars who never really got anything back in the day I think like the Skids and Swerve and freaking Rewind even haha. At a point though it's almost like they're OCs too since they barely had the personality before but..shut up.

Also with Transformers fandom or whatever, I like you peeps and this thread :3: that is my take.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Gammatron 64 posted:

dog I got bad news for you

all fandoms are extremely bad, and not good, and the transformers one isn't even that egregious compared to a lot of others

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

dog I got bad news for you

all fandoms are extremely bad, and not good, and the transformers one isn't even that egregious compared to a lot of others

I mean that's kind of what I thought. A buddy of mine is always like "dude you like transformers, that's known to be one of the worst ones". I'm uh... not exactly sure why that is but ok. Some people have told me "well geewunner elitism" or something but I think elitism is probably the #1 problem with the vast majority of fandoms.

I guess what I'm saying is I'm kind of a sheeple and I just go on whatever the last person I talked to said to me but hey on the bright side I'm self aware enough to admit that

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Just stay here with us dude.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Just stay here with us dude.

Awwww. Okay. :3:

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
I'm not quite as sick of the 80s just yet since I don't have a million prior versions of many of these characters, and the modern engineering is blowing my mind. However, aside from doing BW references there's really nowhere to go unless they're gonna redo the Armada years too and I can't see that happening this soon.

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind

Arquinsiel posted:

As someone who hasn't kept up with the comics since one of them was still called MTMTE and some time travel stuff happened in it, I've been wondering about that actually. Like what part of them is the problem, specifically? Windblade was basically an OC and I did quite like her. (And I guess her now having a solid place in the Transformers "canon" with the new TV shows and stuff is a pretty positive development.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

As bad as TF fandom is, they didn't riot at McDonald's over lovely nugget sauce. (The sauce is lovely, not the nugs.)

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Arquinsiel posted:

You’re conflating two groups of people. I’m not saying there isn’t some overlap but you’re making a weird assumption. “Nothing but OCs talking to each other” is pretty close to my ideal pitch for a TF....fiction thing. Comic, show, whatever.

Edit: Ideal in the hands of a writer that’s not too busy trying to achieve peak Whedon by huffing his own farts, that is.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum

Gammatron 64 posted:

Someone probably will at some point, but the third party stuff is beginning to slow down a bit. The demand for classics style 3P stuff has kind of dropped off and what's left is mostly Masterpiece style.

TrentTroop on Shapeways has a set of all three as Titan Master faces, they just need to be painted and swapped out.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

History Comes Inside! posted:

Just don't go looking for any of the fandom unless you want to buy something and want to see people's pictures and opinions, with the exception of this thread because nobody is screaming about lady transformers or gay transformers or whatever the next thing the people of TFW/Seibertron are getting upset about is.
Can I start screaming about wanting more of those instead?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'll see your OC and I'll raise you that I'd even take being forced to buy an entire run with some weirdo writer's Mary Sue self insert OC if it meant they'd stop putting humans in it and setting it on Earth.

lovely human stories that I don't ever care about is a more tiresome trope to me than retreading the 80s G1 golden years. Just gimme the robots. All the robots.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Go for it, gay robots own.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

There is more and more evidence leaking out of these being very much not cancelled. Wonder when we'll have a reveal, what is the next big toy event?

I still couldn't say no to a Leader sized Blackout.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I have decided to sell my Generations "Sgt." Kup. He is loose, but complete with rifle and instructions, and has only ever been transformed from truck to robot mode ONCE. Joints are all tight and paint is perfect. Would anyone be interested?

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpikeMcclane posted:

Don't even get me started! (Without a cocktail)

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012

SpikeMcclane posted:

Only if you scream loudest about wanting a decent Knock Out. He deserves to be beautiful!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Terry van Feleday posted:

the problem, specifically? Windblade was basically an OC and I did quite like her.
Windblade is great.

Fresh OCs introduced to a stale universe bring new perspective and new angles to stories. Windblade, Nautica, Drift, Pharma, these are all great.

OCs talking to OCs, at least in Roberts and Barber's cases, turn into either spiraling off away from the story into nonsense and buzzwords or just repeating plot points over and over. They actively take away from the story.

dragon_pamcake posted:

Only if you scream loudest about wanting a decent Knock Out. He deserves to be beautiful!
He really does.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Terry, I wouldn’t dare to ask or hope for an essay or anything but what did you make of the madcap merry-go-round of delirium that was The Last Knight?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

Windblade is great.

Fresh OCs introduced to a stale universe bring new perspective and new angles to stories. Windblade, Nautica, Drift, Pharma, these are all great.

OCs talking to OCs, at least in Roberts and Barber's cases, turn into either spiraling off away from the story into nonsense and buzzwords or just repeating plot points over and over. They actively take away from the story.
He really does.

Yeah Windblade is all right. I mean, I'm not against new characters. People really hated Drift at first, remember that?

The problem I have with the comic's writing is that they feel like self-indulgent fanfics. Although I suppose that could technically apply to anything that isn't made by the original creator of something.

History Comes Inside! posted:

Go for it, gay robots own.

Star Wars did it first. C-3PO and R2-D2 were the original gay robots.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gammatron 64 posted:

Holy gently caress you cannot say this when My Little Pony, Sonic the Hedgehog, and just furry in general exist. I'd say Star Wars and Star Trek fandoms are even worse then this one. Have you even seen a dude wonder a Ren Fair in full Optimus gear? We're just in a pretty big lull right now.

Endless Mike posted:

As bad as TF fandom is, they didn't riot at McDonald's over lovely nugget sauce. (The sauce is lovely, not the nugs.)

They're both pretty bad. Wendy's nuggets kick McDonald's teeth in.

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, but Wendy's didn't have several waves of wonderful food transformers. Frybot forever.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Yes keep rambling on about fandoms, please. This type of meta discussion is enjoyable.

In other news, I feel like the target nearby hasn't restocked anything in a month or so. They have the same bullshit Broadsides, TLK grimlocks and leader Skywarps. Same count and everything. The deluxes seem to be moving at least a little but they keep restocking with blurrs and scourges.

GIVE ME TWINTWIST.

ALSO toys are good let's all play with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I can get you any of wave 5 whenever you want TheDK, but it'll cost you.

Anora posted:

Holy gently caress you cannot say this when My Little Pony, Sonic the Hedgehog, and just furry in general exist. I'd say Star Wars and Star Trek fandoms are even worse then this one. Have you even seen a dude wonder a Ren Fair in full Optimus gear? We're just in a pretty big lull right now.
Yeah nothing is going to top Star Trek, which has a noted-among-police correlation with pedophilia. Or the bit where Hasbro legal has to scour the internet for MLP toys modified to be fuckable. And the Sonic fandom has the weirdest geewunner poo poo where people from different eras loathe each other. And don't get poor Razorsaw talking about Penders, poor dude has seen some poo poo.

And then there's loving Star Citizen. THAT community is toxic to a scale beyond the worst of the worst Transformers fans. There's a $850 space ship being sold right now as a 'game changer'. The catch? It's not in game, it's function in game doesn't exist, the planets in game it would function on don't exist, the game barely exists. They dogpile on anyone who goes 'Dude this is a scam, don't you need a game to be a game changer?'

The big problem with tfw2005 and its ilk is they've been trapped without a major influx of new fans for seven to ten years. ROTF is probably the last point where our fandom was really growing. You've got posters with ten years of being trapped in the fartbox and the mix of gases has eroded all filters on their brains. You go into threads and a dude is wailing about a seam on a shin or letting everyone know repeatedly that THIS TOY is a HARD PASS and HASBLO won't trick me AGAIN!!!!!

But it's totally harmless compared to literally loving a drilled out Fluttershy.