Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Vitamin P posted:

Can't believe I just pre-ordered an rear end Creed game, but gosh darn riding a camel along the top of a sand dune is very appealing.

Vitamin P posted:

Playing on PS4, literally the first fight is glitched. The guy and I both stand there forever, no buttons doing anything except X to change into 'free run' stance. Restarting the game and the console didn't help.

What a joke, gently caress me.

Consider it a $70 lesson to not buy stuff that hasn't been released yet like a sucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

exploded mummy posted:

the co-op missions were great when they worked, because you had 4 people running around and doing the same mission differently

sadly they didn't get them working well until after the negative press on launch kind of killed all enthusiasm

Yeah, that's what I remember best about Unity, but you're right - it was all about if/when they worked, lag really killed it on them. The rest of the game was utterly forgettable.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Well, it's another AC game....same ol' problems, and a lot more flat land. Pretty big disappointment so far.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So PC port is bad? :(

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Empress Brosephine posted:

So PC port is bad? :(

It's decent. Just not very optimized. At least from impressions

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Consider it a $70 lesson to not buy stuff that hasn't been released yet like a sucker.

Yeah no kidding, gently caress a preorder from now on.

I did solve the PS4 glitch though, it's that the button press to do an action is tied to the tutorial message appearing on screen. So cause I put the HUD on 'minimalist' or whatever in the options, the tutorial message didn't appear so the button didn't do anything and the game wouldn't progress.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I feel like I missed a pre-game cutscene and I have no loving idea what is going on storywise right now. Who am I ? Why am I doing things ?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Qmass posted:

I feel like I missed a pre-game cutscene and I have no loving idea what is going on storywise right now. Who am I ? Why am I doing things ?

It’s in medias res, they explain more after especially after the first target.

KramFoot
Sep 25, 2011
So something that doesnt seem to pop up is that you can change bayeks hair and beard. If you go to the gear part of the menu and then hit these buttons:
Ps4( R2 + Triangle for beard, L2 + Triangle for hair.)
Xbox is ( RT + Y and LT + Y)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

KramFoot posted:

So something that doesnt seem to pop up is that you can change bayeks hair and beard. If you go to the gear part of the menu and then hit these buttons:
Ps4( R2 + Triangle for beard, L2 + Triangle for hair.)
Xbox is ( RT + Y and LT + Y)
GOTY

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

This game is constantly hard locking my PC and it’s making me sad because it’s so pretty.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Actually running better than I expected on my old piece of poo poo on a mix of high and medium, running around Siwa is great.

Getting a steady 50/60 FPS with a GTX970, i5 3350 and 8gbs of ram. :confused: I read someone had a build similar to this(newer i5) and they barely broke 10 FPS.

gently caress, I'm going to sink a lot of hours into this I can tell already, what a brutal opening and a wise choice to open the game up with a good old fashioned tomb raid. :allears:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

So if I liked original AC, Ezio AC, and Pirate AC, but hated all the other ACs.... will I like this?!?!?!?!?!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

black.lion posted:

So if I liked original AC, Ezio AC, and Pirate AC, but hated all the other ACs.... will I like this?!?!?!?!?!

Uh... maybe? It depends on what you liked about those but disliked about the others.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Deakul posted:

Actually running better than I expected on my old piece of poo poo on a mix of high and medium, running around Siwa is great.

Getting a steady 50/60 FPS with a GTX970, i5 3350 and 8gbs of ram. :confused: I read someone had a build similar to this(newer i5) and they barely broke 10 FPS.

Hmm, I have a slightly better processor (i5 3550), 8 more gigs of RAM with the exact same graphics card and its running like garbage with massive frame drops in busier areas. I think I'll need to tweak my graphic settings some more. I must've missed something.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Is there naval stuff in this one? DO YOU GET YOUR OWN TRIREME!?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Dongattack posted:

Is there naval stuff in this one? DO YOU GET YOUR OWN TRIREME!?

No. You can borrow peoples' boats and sail around on the nile but it's not a major thing. Mostly, it's camels.

Also this game is good yo

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I liked the moral commentary of the first, the womanizing in the second, and the piracy in the pirate one.

In all seriousness, the games just started to feel stale/samey, except for Pirate Creed which was intensely fun, what with the swinging between ships murdering people. I don't love how the settings have moved to a less and less vertical place, how the incentive to set up and execute a dope stealth kill on a boss sort of disappeared, and how they try to cram all kinds of story and notable historical characters into the story but hire a kindergarten class to write dialogue.

Also the brother-sister in gross London one was lame because of the... what was it, a grappling hook? Something, that made all free-running moot because you can just Batman everywhere. Also I don't feel like the visuals have really gotten better since Ezio-era, at this point I feel like I should be blown away when I climb to the top of a building and check out a sunset but the last few just haven't been very visually appealing. In a world where Witcher 3 is a couple years old, this game should be stunning imho.

So I guess, things I want: Verticality, less bad dialogue (either by way of less dialogue altogether, or better dialogue), more stealth stuff, not trivializing parkour bc parkour is fun, prettier pixels

Oo oooo also, I LOVE platforming tomb puzzles; I feel like these games would have been much improved if they quadrupled the number of neato tombs to raid

Does game have any of this?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

corn in the bible posted:

No. You can borrow peoples' boats and sail around on the nile but it's not a major thing. Mostly, it's camels.

Also this game is good yo

It sure looks kinda good, but i'll wait a bit more since i see that it has annoying "out of the Animus" sections (i really dislike these), PC port has mixed reports and wanna hear if the economy is extra grindy to sell microtransaction currency. Really wanna sail on the Nile tho.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
After buying SMO, Wolfenstein and this, I'm finding this to be the most interesting. Love that they've gotten rid of the stupid high/low profile thing and made combat a bit more meaningful. Getting a weird audio effect on PS4 though, where voices are slowed down. May be worth waiting for the first major patch before buying.

Tomb exploration is aces.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

black.lion posted:

It sounds like you like the ones set before 1750, and dislike the ones set after.

You're in luck, this one is way before.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Is there no database in this one? Not having Shaun is a plus, but I'd like some background on the temples I'm climbing

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Is there no database in this one? Not having Shaun is a plus, but I'd like some background on the temples I'm climbing

They are adding an interactive tour guide learning thing later on which should more than satisfy that.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU
GTX 970, i5 4590, 16 gigs of RAM here. Performance is pretty unstable - I'll get 60 most places, but dips to 45 aren't uncommon, as well as occasional dips into low-30s.

The adaptive quality would be pretty neat and effective if it didn't have massive screen tearing issues. As it is, I just keep the settings on the high preset + anti-aliasing at medium, and deal with the inconsistency.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

There's supposed to be a no-combat "Discovery Mode" coming at some point with like, historical lectures and stuff leading you through the world? Hopefully it'll be more than just a short tech demo.

Deakul posted:

gently caress, I'm going to sink a lot of hours into this I can tell already, what a brutal opening and a wise choice to open the game up with a good old fashioned tomb raid. :allears:

What settings did you turn down?

doctor iono fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 27, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

doctor iono posted:

GTX 970, i5 4590, 16 gigs of RAM here. Performance is pretty unstable - I'll get 60 most places, but dips to 45 aren't uncommon, as well as occasional dips into low-30s.

What settings did you turn down?

Vsync - adaptive
AA - medium
Shadows - medium
Environmental Details - high
Texture detail - medium
Tessellation - high
Terrain - medium
Clutter - very high
Fog - medium
Water - medium
Screenspace Reflections - medium
Volumetric Clouds - on
Character texture detail - medium
Character detail - medium
Ambient Occlusion - high
DoF - on

Hangs out around 40-50 FPS for me now that I'm out and about in the open world... I'll very occasionally dip into 20/30 during REALLY effects heavy scenes like smoldering ruins and stuff like that... but it evens out eventually.

I definitely hope they do another optimization pass cause I feel like for what it looks like it should run a bit better, seems to be very CPU heavy more than anything too.
Also, I really want more HUD customization. The presets are worthless.
And for the love of god an FOV setting for the predator bow, please.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I've got the game running around 45fps on low, but then my computer was pretty cheap so whatevs. in Alexandria it drops to around 30 which feels pretty bad.

so far I think this is the best AC of them all, apart from i guess the pirate ones if you just want to be a pirate.

playing on hard difficulty just halves your damage and doubles enemy damage, which is stupid and makes some scripted fights super tedious. i would assume easy is the opposite. honestly the perfect spot would be right between normal and hard, or perhaps if there was an option to just increase enemy damage that'd be good too. also he's a stupid outfit i got in a quest

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

This is a legit leap forward for the series. First AC since pirates I am getting into. The bird stuff and the new combat and the fat-loots make it seem pretty fresh and it looks amazing.

It seems like a pretty decent PC port. It does all the little things that I like - eg. no 3D background bullshit for the main menu so it loads fast. All graphics settings pop up a little picture and explanation when you mouse over them (oh yeah good, not-laggy mouse in menus). The game generally runs pretty good on very high despite my CPU bottleneck with a 1070 and i5 @ 1080p The FPS does drop in the middle of towns but I'm staying around 40-50 there and pretty high everywhere else.

which you can see with their high tec performance monitoring stuff :O

In middle of the first town with frame rate drop

Out in the bush

Qmass fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 27, 2017

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The photo mode owns bones.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I hated combat originally but now that I'm getting used to it I think it's my favorite in all the series.

MinorRed
Jul 27, 2011

Deakul posted:

The photo mode owns bones.
Friends photos also show up on the map

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MinorRed posted:

Friends photos also show up on the map

Even more reason to add eachother to uplay!
This has some cute social functionality.

Deakhul

Drunken_Pirate
May 7, 2007
Absolutely loving this game so far, feels like a historical Witcher 3. Compared to previous games I really enjoy that the combat doesn't just basically play itself and you actually need to pay attention. Hopefully the Ubisoft Open World Game doldrums won't set in too soon.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I wish it had choices in quests like Witcher 3, but it's pretty cool and I like the protagonist. Modern World Lady I have no opinion about because I've seen exactly one scene with her

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
This is a very cool game. I dig this Assassin, the world feels super rich and alive, I only just got to Alexandria and did some stuff here and it already feels like I've seen a bunch.

Also (early game spoilers, Alexandria stuff), Finding your wife only for her to be all 'yea man I took out half your enemy list already. gently caress those guys right?' was really, really, fun. I'm really tired of the 'moral high ground spouse' cliche, seeing that your wife is just as down to murder those masked assholes in fun and creative ways was very nice.

I like that to hijack someone's boat you're just all 'hey, take a break a sec, I got this'. Pity half my dockings are me just slamming the boat full speed into the shore...

haris pilton
Sep 4, 2014
I didn't get a code for the pyramids mission (euro ps4) anyone happen to have one lying around?

macnbc
Dec 13, 2006

brb, time travelin'
I had a preorder copy gifted to me.. will the preorder code come in the box or will I need to ask the giftgiver to forward an email to me?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

macnbc posted:

I had a preorder copy gifted to me.. will the preorder code come in the box or will I need to ask the giftgiver to forward an email to me?

Box

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
I do like how I accidentally killed the dude in the progue by wandering upstairs through the giant hole in the basement

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
1070, i5 4670k. Low, runs like rear end. Very high, runs like rear end. Very high it is i guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

evilentity posted:

1070, i5 4670k. Low, runs like rear end. Very high, runs like rear end. Very high it is i guess.

Yeah, I think there's some weirdness going on because I get low performance even with insanely low graphical options, and my cpu isn't maxed out either.