Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

the video lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Manc Hill posted:

the video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z5hhFBA94c

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Much better if you read the article and follow the link
https://www.facebook.com/322690241159996/videos/1438451309583878/

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

what are they chanting? :confused:

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

what are they chanting? :confused:

who are you ?

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.
Prosecutors file €500,000 tax fraud case against Real Madrid's Marcelo

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/10/17/59e5f23746163fd6528b46a2.html

Is there anyone in Spanish football (which obviously only means Real and Barca) who is paying their taxes?

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

PST posted:

Prosecutors file €500,000 tax fraud case against Real Madrid's Marcelo

http://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2017/10/17/59e5f23746163fd6528b46a2.html

Is there anyone in Spanish football (which obviously only means Real and Barca) who is paying their taxes?

They probably all recommended shady “tax advisors” to each other who claimed their method is completely safe from investigation. So nah, it’s quite likely they all cheat massively without exception.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
This doesn't have to do with not paying taxes, it has to do with the Spanish government pulling the rug out from underneath a lot of high profile foreigners.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Yeah the Spanish government opened a loophole in the galácticos era and now they’re taking it away in order to look good while loving up elsewhere.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
These are all people getting retroactively owned by the Beckham rule

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Essentially the Spanish government just decides they want more money and so they go after these players for "tax evasion" because it's easy to swallow that millionaires are cheating on their taxes and hard to swallow that the Spanish government are a bunch of crooked thugs.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Essentially the Spanish government just decides they want more money and so they go after these players for "tax evasion" because it's easy to swallow that millionaires are cheating on their taxes and hard to swallow that the Spanish government are a bunch of crooked thugs.

It's both OP

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Lot of uses of the word “swallow” in this post, from forums poster “EAT FASTER!!!!!!”

🤔

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Lot of uses of the word “swallow” in this post, from forums poster “EAT FASTER!!!!!!”

🤔
Write about what you know.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theintercept/status/928616901567303680

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January
Control the yield curve, decide the future sounds like the motto of a villian from one of the really bad bond films

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
If you steal something that’s already stolen, does that REALLY make you a criminal?

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

fat gay nonce posted:

Control the yield curve, decide the future sounds like the motto of a villian from one of the really bad bond films

Heroes got really bad in the last seasons.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

quote:

A PLAN FOR the United Arab Emirates to wage financial war against its Gulf rival Qatar was found in the task folder of an email account belonging to UAE Ambassador to the United States Yousef al-Otaiba and subsequently obtained by The Intercept.

Well that's not suspicious at all, The Intercept. With them basically being a Russian media outlet, and all this hacking going on, I'm totally shocked an ambassador's email was 'found' and 'obtained' by you guys.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Oh yeah let's have the world cup in the UAE instead that'll solve all the problems.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

Well that's not suspicious at all, The Intercept. With them basically being a Russian media outlet, and all this hacking going on, I'm totally shocked an ambassador's email was 'found' and 'obtained' by you guys.

The Intercept has Russian connections? I thought they were above that nonsense, unlike RT

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

"The plan, laid out in a slide deck provided to The Intercept through the group Global Leaks"

They got the info through some wikileaks-esque intermediary. But yes, the release of the information probably suits some agenda.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Hope Solo: “Sepp Blatter grabbed my rear end. Can I talk about that?”

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

I love how the picture of money raining around Blatter is the one every newspaper uses to talk about him

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://twitter.com/kenbensinger/status/930569729508507650

https://twitter.com/kenbensinger/status/930566156611702784

That account is full of juicy news, looking forward to seeing a transcript.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

There's also the fact that testimony from today alleged that, along with the other international media companies who were known to have done shady stuff to get World Cup rights, Fox Sports was in on the bribery too.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress them all, i hope the trial brings some tasty convictions

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Another Japan or Korea World Cup would have been ace, gently caress those guys.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

There's also the fact that testimony from today alleged that, along with the other international media companies who were known to have done shady stuff to get World Cup rights, Fox Sports was in on the bribery too.

Thankfully FIFA is not a government entity so they were not bribing public officials. The payments were just doing business between private entities.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Munin posted:

Thankfully FIFA is not a government entity so they were not bribing public officials. The payments were just doing business between private entities.

Bribery is a crime in the private sector too.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Corrode posted:

Bribery is a crime in the private sector too*

*In the West (and especially the United States through rules like the FCPA), however while many - but not all - countries have nominally "banned" bribery it is a common part of business in many developing countries.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

*In the West (and especially the United States through rules like the FCPA), however while many - but not all - countries have nominally "banned" bribery it is a common part of business in many developing countries.

You have to prove an incredibly harsh standard of quid pro quo to be found guilty of bribery in the US and I doubt expensive FIFA lawyers would not be able to present doubt.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Byolante posted:

You have to prove an incredibly harsh standard of quid pro quo to be found guilty of bribery in the US and I doubt expensive FIFA lawyers would not be able to present doubt.

What are you basing this on?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

African AIDS cum posted:

What are you basing this on?

The McDonnell decision and how it informs prosecutions under the hobbs act

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Byolante posted:

I think you mean that you have to prove a quid pro quo. Idk whether you actually have to prove that or not, but it wouldn’t be the standard.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Corrode posted:

Bribery is a crime in the private sector too.

Funnily enough if you talk about the US then the FCPA then that only targets payments made to (or ultimately intended to) influence public officials. None of the FIFA officials charged in the US were actually charged with bribery, instead they were charged with stuff like wire fraud, money laundering and racketeering.

The UK bribery act though also covers payments made to private individuals making it more of a headache for businesses. It's funny how many cozy "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" business practices start to look pretty dodgy when looked through the lens of bribery.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Byolante posted:

The McDonnell decision and how it informs prosecutions under the hobbs act

But McDonnell was a state actor and the expansion of "official acts" that was quashed by the supreme court would have no effect on the private sector

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
One of the FIFA execs has killed himself and now another one of them is being accused of witness intimidation.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

vyelkin posted:

One of the FIFA execs has killed himself and now another one of them is being accused of witness intimidation.

fifa sounds like a mob outfit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GO FUCK YOURSELF
Aug 19, 2004

"I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who beat you, and pray for them to beat the shit out of the Buckeyes" - The Book of Witten

Kurtofan posted:

fifa sounds like a mob outfit

Please do not get us back onto whether or not RICO applies...