Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

DICK DICER posted:

I just introduced Larry and his side piece to The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margarett :getin:

Never heard of this, and after reading about it, sounds like a spinoff show about George Costanza :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Applebees Appetizer posted:

I mentioned Rositas in Florida City, ever been there? Best Mexican I've had in this state.

But yeah lets hear what you got.

Rositas is excellent.

Ok.

Robert Is Here for shakes.
Sango (SW 160th and US1) for legit Jamaican food. I can't think of anything else right now since my drat dog woke me up at 430AM.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Wrar posted:

Rositas is excellent.

Ok.

Robert Is Here for shakes.
Sango (SW 160th and US1) for legit Jamaican food. I can't think of anything else right now since my drat dog woke me up at 430AM.

Shiver's BBQ is good, not sure there's any better BBQ in Miami-Dade.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Cocoa Crispies posted:

Shiver's BBQ is good, not sure there's any better BBQ in Miami-Dade.

What about Miami-Dude

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

DICK DICER posted:

What about Miami-Dude

That's you now.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
You guys have to take Dick to Dixie Crossroads if it's still around. The koi could use a friend.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Hypnolobster posted:

That's you now.

I AM IN FACT THE MAN NOW, DOG

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
ARE YOU A BAD ENOUGH DUDE TO SAVE TRY YOUR DAMNEDEST TO FORGET ABOUT THE PRESIDENT AND FIX A TRUCK?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

That's a nice drat tree.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Mater's retirement seems to be treating him well :P

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much

Fermented Tinal posted:

You guys have to take Dick to Dixie Crossroads if it's still around. The koi could use a friend.

I'd forgotten the other thing that was good about Florida until seeing this. Pollo Tropical and Dixie Crossroads. Rock shrimp in the shell on a quarter-sheet pan dropped by a dismissive, unhealthy Confederate. Y'all should go.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

That Oak tree survived Irma well, we had a lot go down or get damaged around here.

Niacin posted:

I'd forgotten the other thing that was good about Florida until seeing this. Pollo Tropical and Dixie Crossroads. Rock shrimp in the shell on a quarter-sheet pan dropped by a dismissive, unhealthy Confederate. Y'all should go.

Pollo Tropical is an average at best chain, if you want real Cuban food you need to find a local family restaurant. We have them up here in the Bay area, there should be a shitload of them down in Miami. If you're eating at Pollo Tropical to get good Cuban food you're doing it wrong.

Sims, do you have any place that makes a good Cuban sandwich near you?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Upgraydd

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

A last minute clutch move, to get the clutch moving

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Niacin posted:

Pollo Tropical is loving bland as poo poo, and is owned by the same company that owns Taco Cabana. Pollo wound up closing all of their TX locations except for 6 in south Texas last year.

Niacin
Mar 8, 2005
not so much

That Oak tree survived Irma well, we had a lot go down or get damaged around here.

Pollo Tropical is an average at best chain, if you want real Cuban food you need to find a local family restaurant. We have them up here in the Bay area, there should be a shitload of them down in Miami. If you're eating at Pollo Tropical to get good Cuban food you're doing it wrong.

Sims, do you have any place that makes a good Cuban sandwich near you?

Versailles in Miami, get the ropa vieja. Habana at Forest Hill and 1, get croquetas de Jamon and your Cuban sandwich. For bread, Tulipan on Belvedere in West Palm. For yuca fries from a drive thru, then go Pollo.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Pollo Tropical is loving bland as poo poo, and is owned by the same company that owns Taco Cabana. Pollo wound up closing all of their TX locations except for 6 in south Texas last year.

Good chicken should be moist, but Pollo manages to make it... Wet I think is the best word for it. It’s just gross.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah they do that to the pork too, douse it with lard or something so it's greasy and bland.

I dunno, maybe the Pollo Tropicals are better in Miami, but once you've been to a real Cuban restaurant, Pollo is not even a consideration. It's like any other fast food chain you try to avoid if you can.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Congratulations, you just made yourself a tent peg...

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Guess what we have

https://youtu.be/d4WlqxPzQ28

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Now guess what i did wrong

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Seriously, Pollo Tropical is easily some of the worst fast food I've ever had. Overcooked, dry and bland as poo poo chicken and rice. Like, even drowning it in sauce doesn't make it taste any less dry.
It's awful. The worst part is, there's a handful of people at work who love that place. I don't know how.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

DICK DICER posted:

Now guess what i did wrong

You moved to Florida?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Elephanthead posted:

You moved to Florida?

So you see that corner of quarter inch plate right there

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The one with a covering of human flesh?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Smashed your head on it?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Smashed your head on it?

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Has anyone tested the bed dump function?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

Has anyone tested the bed dump function?

Took one earlier, been waiting for Larry to notice actually

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Unclean posted:

:perfect:

Im a huge Gwar fan and Im blown away by this, wish I could sing so I could record it!

In sad Gwar news (these guys have been through so much poo poo too) Mike Derks aka Balsac the Jaws of Death needs a bone marrow transplant.

https://getinvolved.dkms.org/fundraiser/1163832

Its my favorite GWAR song, though admittedly, I'm probably just a casual fan and don't really know a lot of their stuff. First saw the video for it on Beavis and Butthead.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Scumdogs is the best GWAR album, don't like much of their stuff after that, to me that's when they peaked.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Right on the fuckin' knee too.

Honestly, the leadup was making me think there was an unfortunate driveshaft + balls related accident.

Dick used to be a flatrate mechanic, then he took a corner of quarter inch plate to the knee.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Fermented Tinal posted:

Right on the fuckin' knee too.

Honestly, the leadup was making me think there was an unfortunate driveshaft + balls related accident.

Dick used to be a flatrate mechanic, then he took a corner of quarter inch plate to the knee.

I grabbed the shaft with both hands and tried to yank myself up by the tranny and slammed right into it. Could hardly walk afterward

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I completely missed the epic journey from Nebraska while on vacation out of the country and just caught up with the thread. Good stuff! Thanks to everyone involved in supporting this epic adventure that we've all enjoyed through this thread (and YT and FB).

Good luck in whatever your future brings you Dave. I hope you can remain clean and get a new start on life.

Good luck with the truck Sims!

JoshGuitar
Oct 25, 2005

DICK DICER posted:

I grabbed the shaft with both hands and tried to yank myself up by the tranny and slammed right into it. Could hardly walk afterward

Sounds like a good Friday night :v:

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

DICK DICER posted:

poo poo, at least get me drunk first. :v:

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Sinestro posted:

poo poo, at least get me drunk first. :v:

I got beer in the fridge. :quagmire:

ExplodingSims posted:

Seriously, Pollo Tropical is easily some of the worst fast food I've ever had. Overcooked, dry and bland as poo poo chicken and rice. Like, even drowning it in sauce doesn't make it taste any less dry.
It's awful. The worst part is, there's a handful of people at work who love that place. I don't know how.

There's a reason they didn't even make it 2 years in Texas. They pulled out of DFW in April, and shuttered all of the remaining stores in Texas last month.

I tried it once..... couldn't even eat half of my meal before I threw it out. I never saw more than a few cars at any of them.

Yeah they do that to the pork too, douse it with lard or something so it's greasy and bland.

I dunno, maybe the Pollo Tropicals are better in Miami, but once you've been to a real Cuban restaurant, Pollo is not even a consideration. It's like any other fast food chain you try to avoid if you can.

Well they did start in Miami, but they're owned by the same company that owns Taco Cabana. They were supposed to convert some of the closed locations here to TCs, but that never happened AFAIK. Taco Cabana isn't doing so well here either.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Oct 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
So Sims, I got a favour to ask you. When the truck's ready to move itself around the city, can you go park it in front of 7893 Canyon Lake Circle and take a picture? It's in Metro West just off Edgewood Ranch road which is near Old Winter Garden.

It's the closest I'll probably ever get to to this legendary vehicle since I lived there over a decade ago. If the pineapple-shaped fountain is still around, try to get it in the shot please. Bonus points if the HOA descends upon you in a heartbeat, they put my dad through hell while my grandma was dying.

• Locked thread