Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"It's time for the Jedi to end" an apt metaphor for the entire Star Wars franchise, I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The X-Wing/TIE Fighter games were good they should make another one of those.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

lol of course it was using frostbite and of course it was hosed up because of engine issues.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

an actual dog posted:

lol of course it was using frostbite and of course it was hosed up because of engine issues.

Yeah it seems like every EA game is hosed because of frostbite these days

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

"It's time for the Jedi to end" an apt metaphor for the entire Star Wars franchise, I hope.

it's a Disney property so we'll unfortunately be getting Star Wars poo poo for the rest of our lives now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

I just can't get enough Star Wars! Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

did somebody say STAR WARS™

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm just so tired of all these star wars

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

exquisite tea posted:

I just can't get enough Star Wars! Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars Star Wars

I am getting tired, of all the Star Wars.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

an actual dog posted:

I'm just so tired of all these star wars

God drat.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Chewbacca 2: Chew Harder

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Chewbacca: aaaaahnr raaaaaahhgh aaaaahnr aarrragghuuhw hnnnhrrhhh aguhwwgggghhh huurh

[Chewbacca died on the way back to his home planet.]

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

chu baka

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The X-Wing/TIE Fighter games were good they should make another one of those.
X-Wing except your wingman is constantly popping up on screen to talk to you and its Chewbacca, and he doesn't have subtitles

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I can't believe there are people who have presumably been fans of Star Wars for 40+ years at this point and still froth at the mouth every time Chewbacca appears onscreen like some kind of trained animal.

speaking of which how the gently caress did everyone know from the get go the little jar jar binks hamster creature from the new trailer was called a porg. i haven't actually watch the trailer, does someone go "look, it's a porg!" or something. the gently caress is a porg

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

is that what a porg is, I keep hearing about porgs and I don't know what they are

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

They're what I get in Overwatch all the time, hello noob alert.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

gently caress, the Humble Monthly bundle got me again with the worst lead-off games yet.

Hopefully the rest of the month's games are good

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

homeless snail posted:

is that what a porg is, I keep hearing about porgs and I don't know what they are

thats what it is! why does everyone know about porgs

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Pogs finally came back and I'm glad they're cybernetic.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pig pad peetle porgs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I love listening to porg orck

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

The best game is The Adventures of Tronne Bonne

Tron is extremely good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I pictured clusters of information as they moved through the computer... were they like ships? Motorcycles?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

thats his default outfit but there are better ones. also about an hour in someone gave me a ridiculous suit of CAT ARMOR

so i really think some opportunities were lost

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I pictured clusters of information as they moved through the computer... were they like ships? Motorcycles?
Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I’d never see... And then, one day...I got in.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Cowcaster posted:

speaking of which how the gently caress did everyone know from the get go the little jar jar binks hamster creature from the new trailer was called a porg. i haven't actually watch the trailer, does someone go "look, it's a porg!" or something. the gently caress is a porg

I have avoided the trailer because I like being surprised when I watch a movie but the weekend the trailer came out there was already merchandise on sale at Target.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it is ridiculous how well mario controls... its good...

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Were the circuits like freeways? I kept dreaming of a world I thought I’d never see... And then, one day...I got in.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

exquisite tea posted:

I can't believe there are people who have presumably been fans of Star Wars for 40+ years at this point and still froth at the mouth every time Chewbacca appears onscreen like some kind of trained animal.

It's just a bunch of marketing dicks going wild with some focus group results, don't read too much into it.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Whats your favorite Chewbacca moment? Mine's when he says "grrrrRRRRAAWWWWWWWGHHHhhhhh"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Sakurazuka posted:

If Chewbacca isn't on screen everyone should be asking 'Where's Chewbacca?'

*me to my girlfeidn inthe theater* thats not chewbacca whats happening what has happened in my life oh god

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Saint Freak posted:

Whats your favorite Chewbacca moment? Mine's when he says "grrrrRRRRAAWWWWWWWGHHHhhhhh"

The part where he gets angry about losing space chess spoke to me on a fundamental level

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

It's just a bunch of marketing dicks going wild with some focus group results, don't read too much into it.

no it's a thing, like Battlefield was a huge hit and literally all that game did was throw together old star wars stuff in a reverent way.

EA comes across as a bunch of morons in a bunch of different ways but they're not wrong, it would be a more successful game if it had wookies.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

Same way all action blockbusters get spoiled: the LEGO playset, tie-in comic book, or novelization for these things release months earlier.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I like the part at the end when all the Chewbaccas dance around and sing and they light the bad guy on fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

an actual dog posted:

no it's a thing, like Battlefield was a huge hit and literally all that game did was throw together old star wars stuff in a reverent way.

EA comes across as a bunch of morons in a bunch of different ways but they're not wrong, it would be a more successful game if it had wookies.

When George Lucas was making the prequels I'd read teaser stuff like "and THIS bad guy fights with FOUR lightsabers" and think, "this man totally and utterly understands the average Star Wars fan."

• Locked thread