Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

The Jags are going to win the division

In Texans news, Duane Brown has ended his holdout

Noooooo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

Lol at jags fans posting optimistically about the season

gently caress you, guy :mad:

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Optimism is forbidden in the AFC South.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Is Blake Bortles basically Jim McMahon? (First team since '84 Da Bears with 2x 10 sack games in a season)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Mega64 posted:

Optimism is forbidden in the AFC South.

No it's the opposite in the AFC South. All our teams are cool and sometimes good. AFC South back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls. Texans, then Jags, then Titans, then Colts.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Colts are not cool, and they are not good. No team gets to slip on a banana peel, traveling from Peytonville to Luckton, and still say they're cool.

Hello, my name is :salt: and I will never go away.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Shinjobi posted:

The Colts are not cool, and they are not good. No team gets to slip on a banana peel, traveling from Peytonville to Luckton, and still say they're cool.

Hello, my name is :salt: and I will never go away.
Welcome friend.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

TSBX posted:

Is Blake Bortles basically Jim McMahon? (First team since '84 Da Bears with 2x 10 sack games in a season)

Nah he's somehow a shittier Trent Dilfer

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Haters

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Bort has been decent at managing games this year, at least. :yaycloud:

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Athanatos posted:

No it's the opposite in the AFC South. All our teams are cool and sometimes good. AFC South back-to-back-to-back-to-back Super Bowls. Texans, then Jags, then Titans, then Colts.

Lol look at this dumbass.

It’s going to be close on my “all AFC South QBs but Bortles will die by the end of October” prediction but I still have faith. Any other stars you feel optimistic about will also go down sorry. There can be only Bort.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I'd be OK if they went poor man's 2000 Ravens

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Are you nooooing Brown being back or me saying the Jags will win the division

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Intruder posted:

Are you nooooing Brown being back or me saying the Jags will win the division

Brown being back because I wanna see another 10 sack game and not a loss

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Brown being back because I wanna see another 10 sack game and not a loss
Eh, Watson will never get sacked 10 times unless he is playing on a bum leg or something. The second Texans game is on an odd week so we will see what happens...

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Eh, Watson will never get sacked 10 times unless he is playing on a bum leg or something. The second Texans game is on an odd week so we will see what happens...

I hope Watson gets sacked so much he can't play anymore. :colbert:

Sweep the leg!

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Got him 4 times in a half last time

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

purkey posted:

Got him 4 times in a half last time

He wasn't QB when we last played, was he?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Randaconda posted:

He wasn't QB when we last played, was he?
He came in after halftime in week 1 because Savage was a statue in the pocket and was *almost* sacked a dozen times in the half. I wish I had the gif handy of Campbell getting into the backfield so fast that he thought that the play was a screen. He could have easily destroyed Savage but he instead turned around to follow the RB to blow up screen that never happened.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Weeks 1 and 2 aren't really representative of what Watson has shown every week since then though. Week 1, he came in at halftime without having worked with the first team offense and looked every bit the rookie, week 2 was a Thursday night game so he only got to do walkthroughs with no real reps

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Not exactly a current AFC South thing but was interesting to see Seattle picked up Freeney.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Colostomy Bag posted:

Not exactly a current AFC South thing but was interesting to see Seattle picked up Freeney.
He is ex-AFCS and also a corpse but hey it is news.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Jags just picked up Telvin Smith's 4-yr extension. Sorry, AFCS. :D

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

TSBX posted:

Yessssssss

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Hell yeah, good for Telvin!!!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TSBX posted:

This FSU-Jags connection seems to be working out so far.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Texans are good now, how can we gently caress this up?

Bob McNair: "Hold my beer"

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Athanatos posted:

What's happened that I've missed?

edit: googled, hoooooly poo poo. i'm more saddened that nothing will happen and a majority of white nfl fans agree with him.

Neil Armbong fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 27, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Athanatos posted:

Yeah seriously. His team has a legit QB and is looking rather competent on offense for the first time in ages and then this happens.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
All NFL owners are totally terrible.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

So does Tillman Fertitta have the cash to own a third Houston team?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Jaguars just traded a 6th round pick to the Bills for Marcell Darius...

Probably Magic posted:

All NFL owners are totally terrible.
Agreed. Also, in before "except the Packers :smuggo:"

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Gonna be unreasonably pumped about Darius

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Gonna be unreasonably pumped about Darius
I am pretty pumped too, but the cap hit seriously concerns me. The Jaguars have run out of the huge amount of cap space slack they had for a few years. According to OverTheCap.com, next year the Jaguars will only have 14 mil free cap space before the Dareus trade, but with 20 going to Bort's 5th year option. Bort can be cut with no hit and there are a few vets that could go like Ivory, Parnell, and Lewis. Malik Jackson could get cut with only 6 mil in dead money and 9 mil in savings, but with home grown cheaper DL talent with Sheldon Day, Abry Jones, and the other Michael Bennett on the roster I would think Jackson may get the axe? Dareus will have a 16+ mil cap number in 2018 and 2019 with pretty bad hits if he is cut. I'm no cap expert and there are bonuses in Dareus's contract that may go away since he will not be on the Bills, but I'm not sure how that works.

I guess the Jags could still afford to be in the Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith sweepstakes assuming they cut Bort if they sign one of them. But they also need to worry about resigning Allen Robinson and/or Marquise Lee and their draft picks next year. I would just hate to see them go straight from huge amounts of free cap space to being at the ceiling in two years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 28, 2017

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

The Jaguars just traded a 6th round pick to the Bills for Marcell Darius...

Marrone is asking the question, "Can I win a football game without either side's quarterback being able to play"

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

Hell, it's just nice to see the Jags making win now moves. I'm not at all sold on Lee and I wonder what kind of contract Robinson will command coming off of the injury and a couple of years removed from his only big season

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

purkey posted:

Hell, it's just nice to see the Jags making win now moves. I'm not at all sold on Lee and I wonder what kind of contract Robinson will command coming off of the injury and a couple of years removed from his only big season
Agreed, it is nice, it just worries me to see the ~14 mil cap rollover the Jaguars were going to take into next season completely disappear for a (really good) player at a position of definitely not need.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Marrone is asking the question, "Can I win a football game without either side's quarterback being able to play"
I'm down with it. I can't wait for Russell Wilson to cut the Jaguars secondary to bits anyway.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

On the one hand, I really don't think McNair meant it the way it's coming off. But he is incredibly tone deaf here and it shows the disdain he has for the players as a group

And then there's this

https://deadspin.com/doug-gottlieb-deandre-hopkins-isnt-smart-enough-to-g-1819923803

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Intruder posted:

On the one hand, I really don't think McNair meant it the way it's coming off. But he is incredibly tone deaf here and it shows the disdain he has for the players as a group

And then there's this

https://deadspin.com/doug-gottlieb-deandre-hopkins-isnt-smart-enough-to-g-1819923803

There isn't a single owner in the NFL that deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

There isn't a single owner in the NFL that deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Mark Davis? Or was Al the only one who deserved it

Al absolutely deserved it

• Locked thread