Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Man, I need more Nid news. The wait is going to kill me.

I am much more curious to hear what's next. I feel like any releases in December have a decent chance of getting new model releases and I'm really, really hoping that those rumors about it being the Angels are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
I hope people at my local take up Nids when their codex drops, I want to invade some ugly planets, bug planets.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Artum posted:

I hope people at my local take up Nids when their codex drops, I want to invade some ugly planets, bug planets.

I, too, would like to know more.

Here's hoping they get their "flying" units fixed up a bit. I know that Skyblight was king of the codex for a long time, but Gargoyles, Harpies, and Hive Crones are pretty much benched for the time being and I'd love to put all my winged critters on the table again. :smith:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Artum posted:

Hey - I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Artum posted:

Every day, Imperial scientists are looking for new ways to kill bugs.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

TKIY posted:

Man, I need more Nid news. The wait is going to kill me.

Faction renamed for copywrite. Large 'zilla' units removed for more fast agile units. All psychic powers revolve around deception, messing with your opponent's deployment and morale etc. Have a rule called Hatred for all other armies.

Hype for Codex: Feminids.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

Now if only they can hit on better than a 4+.

Reading it again, I now think that Living Battering Ram adds +1 on to hit rolls in the Fight phase in the turn it charges.

The Spore Cysts rule also looks like it has a reference to a 'Shrouding Spores' rule on a different page. That implies Venomthropes work on monsters now.

xtothez fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 27, 2017

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Faction renamed for copywrite. Large 'zilla' units removed for more fast agile units. All psychic powers revolve around deception, messing with your opponent's deployment and morale etc. Have a rule called Hatred for all other armies.

Dang, that sure took the Red Terror in a new direction

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

Phyresis posted:

i'm picking up two sets of Dire Avengers dice tomorrow :shepicide:

true fandom strike again

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

SRM posted:

So uh... green?

I'd say that I'm looking for "Light Green" not "Super-duper dark (:ssh: we're actually expressing our deeply racist anxieties because we're literally horrible people :ssh:) Green"?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

PierreTheMime posted:

Let's hope that Enhanced Senses comes back. Can't wait to actually have some biomorph options other than Adrenal Glands and Toxin Sacs.

Hitting on a 3+ in range would make the heavy bio-cannons worth it, especially if you can stack it with the -1 to be hit back.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Monstrous creatures are now treated as normal infantry based on the "deadly at any size" rule.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
All Feminids have a 1++ save.

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth
all Feminid units may deploy from "the pedestal".

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
About to start a 4k bunker assault. Yellow bois ready to roll. Hopefully I'll remember to take more pics of the game in progress

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Speckled Jim posted:

About to start a 4k bunker assault. Yellow bois ready to roll. Hopefully I'll remember to take more pics of the game in progress

Lots of picture please. Those are some amazing looking Fists.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Yeah that looks cool as hell.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Speckled Jim posted:

Hell yeah!

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
Ok get ready for some lovely as photos of my not quite fully painted Death Guard I crammed the night before an event. Army list is soft as hell because this is all I have painted currently and playing with unpainted gear is heresy.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Killer_Bees! posted:

Ok get ready for some lovely as photos of my not quite fully painted Death Guard I crammed the night before an event. Army list is soft as hell because this is all I have painted currently and playing with unpainted gear is heresy.

:circlefap:

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Killer_Bees! posted:

These look sick mate. I have to ask you again for your green recipe - I know it's green washes over yellow paint, but what colours exactly? Thanks.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Killer_Bees! posted:

Those fly men are loving disgusting, good job.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord

Genghis Cohen posted:

These look sick mate. I have to ask you again for your green recipe - I know it's green washes over yellow paint, but what colours exactly? Thanks.

When I get home tomorrow I will dig out the paints and name all the brands/types for you tomorrow bro :science:

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost

Speckled Jim posted:

Don't siege me or my son ever again.

Beautiful mans. Good luck.

spacegoat fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 27, 2017

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

ANAmal.net posted:

I just want DA to be able to take Contemptors and the weirdo Terminator variants.

Keep the rest of that newfangled bullshit that the 41st millenials use, but it's going to whip wholesale rear end if they get access to Heresy tech whenever their codex eventually drops.

:yeah:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
Count me up as nervously excited for whatever the new 'Nid book holds in store for us. The Index is nice, if a bit dull, and lets me feel some level of hope for the upcoming release but I still can't shake the sinking feeling that they'll gently caress up something. I'm currently painting a new Tyrannofex I bought from my local gaming store and it'd totally suck if they increased points costs at random again like in the 5th or 6th ed books.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Killer_Bees! posted:

Sweet Christmas, man, those look baller with all the bug heads.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT

Soulfucker posted:

but I still can't shake the sinking feeling that they'll gently caress up something.

:same:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
My Tyranid friend based his army entirely off a sort of "mid-zilla" theme so he has tons of shrikes and a flying hive tyrant and a sprinkling of Old One Eye in a drop pod for extra spiciness

He's really hoping that warriors/shrikes are gonna be good in the codex

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Current progress on my nurgle bois. Man they look like poo poo with this lighting, I can assure you the colors look good in person. I'll get some natural light photos with them later

How should I base these guys? Not sure how I'll do the eyes and inside of the mouths yet either.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I think more biomorphs is a great start. Tyranids as a crazy modular army is where they should be, and even if this is Fex exclusive I'm happy to at least see it pop up.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I think the Carnifex is the most modular kit followed by the Tyrants and Warriors. If those three models get some if that customizability back, that would be great.

Having said that they need to fix a lot of units from the index.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

TKIY posted:

I think the Carnifex is the most modular kit followed by the Tyrants and Warriors. If those three models get some if that customizability back, that would be great.

Having said that they need to fix a lot of units from the index.

Which units need the most changes? I know the current Tyranid meta seems to be tons of Genestealer hordes, but that's all I'm really aware of.

I can't help but wonder if, with 3 troop options existing in the form of both Gant types and Warriors, Stealers themselves might get bumped to Elite or something.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I, for one, welcome our new termagant and hormagaunt overlords.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Safety Factor posted:

I, for one, welcome our new termagant and hormagaunt Zoat overlords.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
Just going to leave this here

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

How pathetic do you have to be to have that happen and be like 'did I overreact?'

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
That incomplete model guy wanted to be involved in a campaign?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Gotta be stdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanqol
Feb 15, 2012

because our character has the 'poet' trait, this update shall be told in the format of a rap battle.
I just assembled the new Start Collecting Eldar box and wow! These models are amazing!

The wraithblades with swords are awesome. After loving up and mixing up all the legs/waists when it turns out they're meant to stay together, I said gently caress it and did what I could with the chaos. The result was five unique and awesome stances that makes the entire squad look like elite martial artists in the middle of a sword kata. The Wraithlord is also a phenomenal kit, there are so many cool ways to build the thing. Since I'm going to go for a long-overgrown Eldar statues look for my guys, I did the Wraithlord in the most passive arms-by-sides stance I could and the thing looks gorgeous. It's just got a serenity to it which seems all the more powerful knowing I could have assembled it in another kung fu pose.

Just from the vibe of how all those models looked assembled I instantly came up with the lore for the army; they're an Eldar martial arts temple hidden in a rainforest. The Wraithblades are the martial artists proper who are sincerely happy to teach anyone who comes near them their secret combat techniques (via practical demonstration), the Wraithguard with D-Scythes are the janitorial staff for the temple who wander around with their cosmic death-dealing megabrooms atomizing dust/animals/trespassers etc.

For sure I'm going to pick up another two boxes; three start collecting boxes, another unit of Wraithguard, and two wave serpents gets me a sick 2000 point army.