Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Babe Magnet posted:

looking forward to the pack 3 guest character Talion & Celebrimbor

Put them in MK so they can properly explode heads and cut off limbs

Would be cool as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I only got the game recently and have been enjoying it. I have a quick question that I didn't see in the thread:

Is Dr. Fate only in this game to be poo poo on in the story? Does he play a bigger role in the injustice comics? Or did nether realm want him in and therefore needed to throw him in somehow?

As someone who isn't familiar with the character, he did seem to get dunked on a bunch.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Got this thing a bit ago. Not super worth it, working on Supergirl's slowly but surely.

https://i.imgur.com/7TDNxTy_d.jpg

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Billy Gnosis posted:

I only got the game recently and have been enjoying it. I have a quick question that I didn't see in the thread:

Is Dr. Fate only in this game to be poo poo on in the story? Does he play a bigger role in the injustice comics? Or did nether realm want him in and therefore needed to throw him in somehow?

As someone who isn't familiar with the character, he did seem to get dunked on a bunch.

Dr. Fate is there as a nod to the comics.

In the comics, Green Arrow died and Fate transported Canary to an alternate universe where he was alive and her alternate had died.

In IJ1 the Green Arrow is from the visiting universe.

In IJ2, Fate brings Green Arrow and Canary back from the alternate universe.

He's also a giant tool that gets dunked on a bunch.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
He's also amazingly effective in game with v little effort

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

The Fool posted:

Dr. Fate is there as a nod to the comics.

In the comics, Green Arrow died and Fate transported Canary to an alternate universe where he was alive and her alternate had died.

In IJ1 the Green Arrow is from the visiting universe.

In IJ2, Fate brings Green Arrow and Canary back from the alternate universe.

He's also a giant tool that gets dunked on a bunch.

I thought I remembered the in universe Green Arrow being dead from the first game. But I must have missed the rest and assumed it was a bit of a recon much like Damien Wayne existing in the events that lead up to the regime.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Grem posted:

Got this thing a bit ago. Not super worth it, working on Supergirl's slowly but surely.

https://i.imgur.com/7TDNxTy_d.jpg

I'm sorry about ur mental illness m8

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Billy Gnosis posted:

I thought I remembered the in universe Green Arrow being dead from the first game. But I must have missed the rest and assumed it was a bit of a recon much like Damien Wayne existing in the events that lead up to the regime.

Damien did exist pre-regime, but it happened way differently in the comics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dr. Fate is technically one of the most powerful guys around, but he's not very popular. So he's the one who usually gets dropped to show poo poo's going down.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Dr. Fate is technically one of the most powerful guys around, but he's not very popular. So he's the one who usually gets dropped to show poo poo's going down.

Yeah. And story line wise, you can argue that he gets dunked on so easily because the man is in conflict with the lords of order, or whatever group of assholes give him his powers.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

attn: PC gearheads, you will soon be able to grind for epic moron loot soon

http://www.pcgamer.com/injustice-2-confirmed-for-pc-beta-kicks-off-tomorrow/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm glad there will be a beta. Mortal Kombat X on PC was a complete disaster. Might double dip on this, Injustice 2 is my favorite game of 2017.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Hellboy trailer plz

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Well, as someone slightly scared of spiders this Halloween event can gently caress right off.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Grem posted:

Well, as someone slightly scared of spiders this Halloween event can gently caress right off.

lol what is it

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

E: you know what? Try it yourself

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oberst posted:

Hellboy trailer plz

Atom is next.

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs
Atom is in FP3. Hellboy is part of FP2.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Oberst posted:

Hellboy trailer plz

ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDssrDDifT8

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

hellboy looks pretty good, like they gave someone Joker's gun, Grodd's grabs and jumps, and some grenade poo poo. Not the most dynamic moveset at all but I will enjoy being Hellboy.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I am really interested to see what his gear is going to be like.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

That win pose is so good

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hellboy on November 14th, hyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Did he bust out Excalibur

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
...man. That's pretty dull. Like, where's the Zinco jetpack, where's the cosmic horror or assists from bprd members? Seemed an awful lot of "hit them with the right hand of doom" and "shoot the Samaritan" and not a lot else? Hopefully I'm wrong. I'm gonna play the Crap outta him regardless.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I know why it happens to asymmetrical characters but the Right Hand of Doom constantly switching to his left hand is funny. I guess it's better than Freddy having two gloves in MK9.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
That was underwhelming. Punchy man with gun.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cythereal posted:

That was underwhelming. Punchy man with gun.

yeah they could have done more with like, dozens of other DC characters. As a character in IJ2 Hellboy doesn't really fill any niche that we don't already have, especially with Atrocitus being a punching demon and Red Hood/Deadshot having pistols. He's neat to have but they didn't go crazy with what he could do.

Of the 6 characters revealed half are guest characters which is kind of poo poo when you think about all the other DC stuff left on the table.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

DLC Inc posted:

yeah they could have done more with like, dozens of other DC characters. As a character in IJ2 Hellboy doesn't really fill any niche that we don't already have, especially with Atrocitus being a punching demon and Red Hood/Deadshot having pistols. He's neat to have but they didn't go crazy with what he could do.

Of the 6 characters revealed half are guest characters which is kind of poo poo when you think about all the other DC stuff left on the table.

I'd have traded both Raiden and Sub-Zero for Johnny Cage in a heartbeat.

Hellboy's a neat idea, but I'm not feeling anything creative in how he looks or plays. And they're still using rearranged canned lines for most fight banters.

MKX feels like it had a lot more polish and effort spent on it.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Cythereal posted:

Hellboy's a neat idea, but I'm not feeling anything creative in how he looks or plays. And they're still using rearranged canned lines for most fight banters.

Isn't the canned lines thing because of the Voice Actor strike and has nothing to do with the studio?

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I know why it happens to asymmetrical characters but the Right Hand of Doom constantly switching to his left hand is funny. I guess it's better than Freddy having two gloves in MK9.

Wait, his arm switches?! I should've watched more closely. Anyway Boooooooo

I figured they'd use the gun like a club more than a gun and that'd be his left "hand"

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

hup posted:

Wait, his arm switches?! I should've watched more closely. Anyway Boooooooo

It's a fighting game thing, lots of 3D fighting games deliberately flip the characters like that for the sake of visual clarity

...but NRS games still have the nigh-pointless stance switch, so they didn't have to do it at all.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Why does the stance switch even exist

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It exists so I can correct his hand

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Technowolf posted:

Isn't the canned lines thing because of the Voice Actor strike and has nothing to do with the studio?

yup

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

It's kind of fun to see how they play dialogue jigsaw

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
I thought I was just being a pissy curmudgeon about Hellboy because I'm a massive fanboi (I'm actually wearing a bprd t shirt aprapros of nothing right now) but yeah, this looks loving lame, right? gently caress. I was so hyped. This is the first time being able to play as Hellboy in a decent game!

Areola Grande
Jan 2, 2015

it's a free country u pervs

Oberst posted:

Why does the stance switch even exist

It's how I cancel black manta's flight trait

:colbert:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I can't wait for Bueno Excellente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Any intermediate tips on getting good? I feel like playing the single player stuff actively makes you worse :D

• Locked thread