Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

bou posted:

I laughed hard at Murphys "Yeah, we've been to several of those utopian civilized settlements - and we left as they were burning". Essentially summarizing the last couple seasons of TWD.

Since season 2. It’s kind of amazing they manage to rehash the same plot and keep such high viewer numbers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I feel like too much plot ruins more shows than it helps. The best part of Blood Drive was the first half of the season when it was about sex and vehicular homicide. I want more zombnadoes, zombabies, zomballs, killing zombies with the Liberty Bell, and Doc getting high with zombies; less overarching evil corporation poo poo, prophecies or visions. If I want complexity, I'll watch something else.

Toast King
Jun 22, 2007

This season hasn't really been grabbing me so far. Still lots of cool little bits, but this last episode had way too many drawn out shots of rustling forest with nothing going on.

I started to feel more like that last season too, I think there are just more great moments overall in the first two. Although it helps that 1+2 were both already out when I started, it's nice not having a week between every new episode.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Season 3 was the best. This one feels like it's more ambitious by far than the previous seasons, and I'm still not sure they can pull it off.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doc is the best character in any Zombie show, period. "I was asleep for 2 years" ".....well, right on!"

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Gotta agree, this whole profecy thing is just annoying. it just keeps showing the same bit over and over. she grabs someone, she sees them burning in front of that.. whatever it is. (we know what it is) If it revealed something new each time, it'd be new each time!.. and I miss Murphy being a big blue zombie halfsy.. seems like they wanna make Roberta the new semi zombie..thing. I was happy not to see Addy for the entirety of this episode though.

Honestly if one good thing came out of TWD it taught me about the sunk cost fallacy and it's fine to just say gently caress it and stop watching a show if it doesn't grab you anymore..even if it has zombies. By now in the other seasons we'd had the cheese wheel or the liberty bell, this season we got... noises in trees. I'm giving it the next episode to see if it goes anywhere now the gangs all back together (well except Addy but I literally haven't given a poo poo about her since I don't remember when), then I'm checking out. Will stay subbed to the thread though for all the Doc chat.

Who thinks he shoulda kept the giant hermit beard?

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
I find Lucy way more irritating than Addy but I cant really explain why that is. I think Addy has gone a bit too grizzled though.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Oh, yeah, I don't like Lucy either, I dunno how they survived jumping off the cliff, but I wish they hadn't, that was like TWD dumb.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
It feels like they threw out a perfectly fine and natural way to progress the story when they changed Lucy's character and powers, apparently. Well, hope they know what they are doing.

I still like the show, it's just taken a strange turn from the established dynamics that feels jarring.

bou
Aug 3, 2006

QwertySanchez posted:

Who thinks he shoulda kept the giant hermit beard?

I hear you! That big beard and swinging two hammers was glorious!

All the episodes to date felt like setup. I hope that it switches into gear now that the roadtrip started. I may be wrong, but did they introduce about 3 or 4 storylines this season instead of a clear direction at the start of the previous ones? Maybe this is why it seems so slow?

Either way - will definitely keep watching til the end.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

NonzeroCircle posted:

I find Lucy way more irritating than Addy but I cant really explain why that is. I think Addy has gone a bit too grizzled though.

The new Lucy. The previous Lucy was fine. Something about this actress or character, meh. Plus she's going through the teenager phase.

I hope Warren dies this season. Her character has grown into an annoying person. And the show is overdue for leader death.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
We just gonna ignore Warren using the Znation sign as her shield at the end of this episode or was it just too blatant to mention?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I'm still kinda lol at the title where it changes the pupil to the Z sign, a couple shots go into it, and then a drat cannon ball hits it THUNK? Was there a cannon incident I missed somewhere?.

This show is definitely a potential jackpot for false memories, because of how ridiculous some of the poo poo that makes it into the show is. I know the wilder ones like the Liberty bell and the cheese wheel, filling up the Grand Canyon and Z-weed...but if someone said "Hey do you remember the episode where Murphy had a team of mini zombie reindeers pulling a sleigh and he was dressed like a demented blue Santa?" you might be hard pressed to call bullshit without thinking Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe?

Now that there's a new military member of the road crew- Rollins' daughter I'm assuming is what the picture was all about- I think it's high time for Warren to meet a gruesome ending

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New Episode

A New Mission: Keep Moving

Following Warren's dream, the team doesn't stop while crossing The Great Pile, a seemingly endless landscape of rubble and destruction.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
R.O.U.Ses!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

God drat zombie rat puppets.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Razis 🤔

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Shout out to the Grand Canyon shout out. Nice bit of world continuity there.

Also even in the Apocalypse, deny everything.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I missed something. Why did the one military dude turn into a zombie?

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

Boinks posted:

I missed something. Why did the one military dude turn into a zombie?

I'm guessing the Trash People (no way that isn't a call out to last season TWD) had something to do with it.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

Holy poo poo the enders' costumes were great, between license plate guy, toilet bowl head and rat man. I wasn't feeling this season all the way till episode 4, but this was one solid hour of humor and suspense.

10K popping into the intervention to say he had no problem with Warren was great and put a fine point on why I love this show- the writers never unify the whole cast in a feeling or action just for the sake of expediently progressing the plot, they're always unique individuals interacting. If they want unity they actually work to get the characters on the same page.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This was said a while back, but someone was saying that people disappearing could be them being disconnected from a computer, and that's part of "The Reset" talk. When Warren was holding onto the antennae she looked at her hand and it looked very much like an 80s cyber vr interface glove styled thing. Definitely reality breakdown stuff going down, Zona could be messing with survivors heads or something.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

The Unknowns

When the team is enslaved by an unknown force, they are held in an underground facility where their captor forces them to perform a set of bizarre and dangerous tasks.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

JossiRossi posted:

This was said a while back, but someone was saying that people disappearing could be them being disconnected from a computer, and that's part of "The Reset" talk. When Warren was holding onto the antennae she looked at her hand and it looked very much like an 80s cyber vr interface glove styled thing. Definitely reality breakdown stuff going down, Zona could be messing with survivors heads or something.

If this was any other show I'd be worried, but they've conditioned us to expect batshit crazy so I can imagine them pulling off some VR bullshit.

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

GreenNight posted:

New Episode

The Unknowns

When the team is enslaved by an unknown force, they are held in an underground facility where their captor forces them to perform a set of bizarre and dangerous tasks.

'I think we've been kidnapped and enslaved for evil purposes... Again!'

Octy fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Oct 28, 2017

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That was a fun bottle episode. Next week looks hard core as gently caress.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

When they got to the surface all I could think of was aperature science.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Sammus posted:

When they got to the surface all I could think of was aperature science.

I feel like that might have been a direct reference, was just a little too close. Not that "Secret base exits to a field via lone shack" hasn't been done elsewhere. Would fit nicely into "computer simulation" theory though.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
When the Walking Dead guys look at dog food, they turn their noses to it because it symbolizes them being dogs if they eat it.

When the Z Nation guys look at dog food, they gobble it down because they know it's a gourmet food in the apocalypse and how nourishing it is.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That was a pretty great scene.

Also watching Murphy eat himself is the grossest thing.

Fasdar
Sep 1, 2001

Everybody loves dancing!
So did I miss something or did the actor for Maddy get another show? Did she die? Did they just write her off and I missed it?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She got a lead role on some show where she gets to wear clean clothes, and probably has two eyes.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rocksicles posted:

... clean clothes, and ... two eyes.

Boring.

Actually I hadn't even missed her, just kill her off already. Kill them all. Z's take over the planet.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

New Episode

Back from the Undead

Lucy fights to save Murphy's life; Warren and the others battle a biologically modified Franken-Zombie guarding a clue to Warren's dream

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Legit heavy emotional poo poo in this episode. Z-nation hitting hard.

And doing it with people in body paint :(

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Well that was... Unexpected.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Pretty good episode, the finger part was funny even if the effects were awful. I loved how ridiculous the whole thing with Dr Caligari was.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

QwertySanchez posted:

Pretty good episode, the finger part was funny even if the effects were awful. I loved how ridiculous the whole thing with Dr Caligari was.

That zombie slappin a clip in a Mac-10 almost made me spit my tea on myself.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I kept wondering where they were going with the Caligari reference, then... Oh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

This show really needs a lighthearted episode to break the tension. What I'm saying is I want another Sketchy and Skeezy episode.

• Locked thread