Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
So what do you think Manafort's up to this weekend

Like there's a good chance he's in handcuffs Monday with no guarantee of bail but presumably he's been preparing for the last year for this eventuality so what do you do the weekend before

Like do you watch football? Barbecue? Make Halloween costumes for whatever grandkids you have? I'm genuinely curious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Tayter Swift posted:

Checking his Rolodex to see if there are any embassies nearby who don't have extradition agreements with the US.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Checking his Rolodex to see if there are any embassies nearby who don't have extradition agreements with the US.

By 2020 the entirety of the alt-right and the trump administration will be living out of a closet in the Ecuadorian embassy with Julian Assange.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/924476863073853440

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

NewMars posted:

By 2020 the entirety of the alt-right and the trump administration will be living out of a closet in the Ecuadorian embassy with Julian Assange.

No silly, he molests women

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
Was that crazy lady on Fox News the one in The Jinx? Man, way to ruin what's otherwise a great watch.

The Pale King
Jan 21, 2011

It's funny cause there's no chance of this happening

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I'm going to put my marker down on Don Jr. It's an outside chance but I'd laugh myself to death if it happened.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
The immensely average scions of Wall Street continue to rise in this White House.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/28/us/politics/the-little-known-pragmatist-who-is-shaping-the-trump-tax-cuts.html

quote:

He fits the mold of Mr. Trump’s top economic advisers, Mr. Mnuchin and Gary D. Cohn, the director of the National Economic Council, both of whom made a career on Wall Street. While not a Goldman Sachs alumnus, as they are, he brings an extensive background from the world of finance, having been a banker at Morgan Stanley and the president of Muzinich & Co., an international investment firm founded by his father.

Yet for all the intricacies of Wall Street finance, Mr. Muzinich has had to scale a steep learning curve in understanding the peculiarities of the tax code and the legislative land mines that have roiled previous attempts to rewrite tax law. Some lobbyists have expressed frustration that Mr. Muzinich and his Treasury team have been overly secretive about the tax plan and that, despite his business background, he does not always appear enthusiastic to be haggling over tax code deductions with representatives of American industries.

It's a Worker's Party now!

quote:

Some of his earliest writing on tax policy could be considered heretical in an administration with a guiding principle of “America First.” In a 2007 Op-Ed article in The New York Times, Mr. Muzinich and a co-author, Eric Werker, called on Congress to offer tax credits to companies that build factories in developing countries and to offset the lost revenue with reductions in foreign aid.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Haha, I am pretty darn sure that was the agenda to begin with.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Tayter Swift posted:

Phoning up Yanukovich and asking him if he has any guest bedrooms in Moscow or Rostov?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

hell, same

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tayter Swift posted:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

If he had any option or choice, he's already gone come Monday.

On the real? I wouldn't be shocked to hear he killed himself in his home Saturday night, after watching his favorite college football team blow it one last time before he has to end it all to avoid his family being targeted by criminal elements of the Russian intelligence services.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/924622133317308416

Tweetstorm probably incoming...

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Chilichimp posted:

If he had any option or choice, he's already gone come Monday.

On the real? I wouldn't be shocked to hear he killed himself in his home Saturday night, after watching his favorite college football team blow it one last time before he has to end it all to avoid his family being targeted by criminal elements of the Russian intelligence services.

Sudden vacation via private jet?

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Tayter Swift posted:

Sitting on his bed, alone, tears drying on his face. The revolver has been in his mouth for a half-hour already. He can't seem to will his finger into pulling the trigger, but his hands are trembling so badly that they might get the job done anyway...

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Still 81% approval among Republicans and that was after the facts about the Niger attack came out, after attacking a Gold Star widow, and after the most tepid and self serving of chaos dunks from Jeff Flake. Trump’s true concrete floor of support remains intact as always.

I’ll be amazed if his over all approval dips below 33% because that would mean that people are basically being imported from other countries to tell pollsters they don’t like Trump because you literally cannot turn any conservatives against him.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://mobile.twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924625061100867584

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

Premiums are up because of YOU dipshit, you Literally had a huge factor in them going up. :fuckoff:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

he hosed up. jared wasn't wearing a belt (which was even worse than the bullet proof vest over a sport coat).

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

From that poll:

https://twitter.com/CarrieNBCNews/status/924623908178923520

Trump attacking NFL players for protesting sure was a brilliant move!

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

so the floor is 24.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Groovelord Neato posted:

so the floor is 24.

That might include 'he hasn't torn up the agreement and started nuking Tehran yet' though.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Who the gently caress still approves of his handling of the economy

I wanna meet these people and learn how they tie their own shoes

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Unkempt posted:

That might include 'he hasn't torn up the agreement and started nuking Tehran yet' though.

that makes sense i was wondering how that'd be lower than puerto rico. i just wanted to rhyme.

Alter Ego posted:

they attribute the continued obama recovery to him. i know some of these people.

"the stock market has gone up since he was elected."

"it's a straight line from the start of the recovery under obama."

"...."

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Alter Ego posted:

The internet has turned everyone into an amateur political operative. People know when they're being polled and they say things that they know won't be interpreted as bad for their guy.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Alter Ego posted:

What about the economy since January would lead a layman to believe it's been mismanaged?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Alter Ego posted:

They continue to want him to lock her up and Obama up, if not hang them, and Fox is running that poo poo as hard as they can.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

This sort of thing really doesn't matter, though. Any given poll will eventually drop to a new lowest level purely through statistical noise, even if the underlying approval rating is stable. The important thing is the average on 538, which has remained steady at 37-38% for the last several months no matter what Trump's done.

Of course, Trump doesn't know that, so we probably will get a tweetstorm if his minders haven't already taken his phone away because of Mueller's charges.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924635359480303616

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924637600094326784

It's been a few hours since the emails. This is really just comedy, he can't stop bringing them up. Maybe he should sign an Executive Order that anyone who used a private email server in the White House should be shot on sight. Then we'll see him asking where Ivanka and Jared went.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

"i'm not mad, in fact i'm laughing" - d trump

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Phony Trump.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

TheScott2K posted:

The internet has turned everyone into an amateur political operative. People know when they're being polled and they say things that they know won't be interpreted as bad for their guy.
Its definitely a large part this. If you know what or how your response will affect the results and you're trying to create a specific result, you'll just pick the option that leads to the outcome you want. If you think the media is biased and unfairly attacking Trump, no way in hell are you going to let those fuckers have the satisfaction of saying that you think Trump is loving up. The options that Trump polls worst on there (football, Iran, healthcare) all have options that indicate that they think Trump wasn't harsh enough, because they still support Trump they just think he isn't going full dictator fast enough. Depending on how the question was worded, that could easily lead to a "disapprove" option that a bunch of people would pick essentially to spite the media.

As an aside, the idea that people commonly pick responses to create an deliberate end result instead of honestly answering the question is why I think its hilarious that a ton of psych survey research is done with psych undergrad students as the subjects.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Boon posted:

What about the economy since January would lead a layman to believe it's been mismanaged?

It took Obama 8 years to figure out how to make the economy go this well. Trump did it from day 1!

:eng99:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

evilmiera posted:

Sudden vacation via private jet?

If he's not under constant surveillance, yeah.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924639422066384896

Someone's in a bad mood

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/924641278947622913

DO SOMETHING. PLEASE, HELP ME.

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
So, what happens next when he fires Mueller?

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

“DO SOMETHING!” The most powerful man on earth screamed, impotently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

FourLeaf posted:

So, what happens next when he fires Mueller?

I've got a 20$ with a friend that this will happen and there will be a lot of angry talk but no actual repercussions for Trump

edit: this way, either I'm happy or I have an extra 20$ in my pocket, win-win

• Locked thread