Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Postal Parcel posted:

"You don't understand", "It's not perfect, but it works", "Blahblah"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rapa Nui has a point.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait so is Triton seriously still dead right now?

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

Wait so is Triton seriously still dead right now?

Near as I can tell they’ve given up looking.

Maybe he’s actually dead?

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

The movie crossover event that lets Inhumans off the reigns like Winter Soldier for AoS
I mean, this is just it's boring part right?

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011
So does Pot Lady know where exactly she is in the forest? Because right now she appears to be headed off in a random direction with a gunshot wound to the abdomen. poo poo, at least she takes getting shot way better than Triton did.

And Anson Mount is still killing it as Black Bolt, he's my favorite part of this show by far (But seriously, Pot Lady is going to die by either getting lost in the forest or from being shot).

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
She's on an Island.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

can i assume the mcu will pretend like the inhumans never happened and ignore this travesty

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Percelus posted:

can i assume the mcu will pretend like the inhumans never happened and ignore this travesty

The whole series will turn out to be an autistic boy’s dream.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Jesus, I didn't know that the writing could get worse. This series is a travesty to good TV.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

That loving music while Karnak was practicing his mad skills :lol:

Also they seriously worked in Hawaii's tourism logo into the show.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001
What happened to Dead Zone Johnny, I haven't seen him pop up in a couple episodes it feels like. Did Maximus kill him and I just missed it blocked it from my brain somehow?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

timrenzi574 posted:

What happened to Dead Zone Johnny, I haven't seen him pop up in a couple episodes it feels like. Did Maximus kill him and I just missed it blocked it from my brain somehow?

They mentioned his dad, and how he’s gung ho to fight for Maximus. I doubt he would be if Max had murdered his son.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phylodox posted:

They mentioned his dad, and how he’s gung ho to fight for Maximus. I doubt he would be if Max had murdered his son.

His dad has "level 8 strength" which is a value that has meaning and (I guess) means he is really strong.

timrenzi574
Sep 11, 2001

Aleph Null posted:

His dad has "level 8 strength" which is a value that has meaning and (I guess) means he is really strong.

It has value in the mines certainly

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Percelus posted:

of course you can, it's a TV show

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

notthegoatseguy posted:

That loving music while Karnak was practicing his mad skills :lol:

Also they seriously worked in Hawaii's tourism logo into the show.

It... sure conformed to a couple of stereotypes. It's a step up from straight traditional music, I guess.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It... sure conformed to a couple of stereotypes. It's a step up from straight traditional music, I guess.

Should have been this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crTSVDda4-4

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Sho'Nuff!

So I tried to give this series a chance. I truly did. Its bloody dreck. I can't even say it reaches the so cheesy its fun level. Just shite. Like last season of Dexter. I didn't know about Powerless but occasionally that show made me chuckle. Kinda. This show is just poorly done its amazing. I almost feel bad for the people involved. If they get a second season (dread lord Cthulhu how would they?) they really should make Gorgon go full retard. Or Karnak. Or Everyone. Both Medusa and Crystal are so eye rollingly ludicrous I think this show might be doing it on purpose. Is it possible this is someone's TV version of "Springtime for Hitler"?

Trying to think of positives:
-Black Bolt's actor - I like him. He is nice with the little sign moments and can convey a good amount just by looks. Not easy and total props for him doing it. Can they shift him to AoS?
-Lockjaw - I know the CGI is a tad off but it works in a supercheesycouldbefun way. There is an inner five year old that giggles everytime he is on screen. "Stupid dog" was a fun line in regards to him teleporting people randomly around Hawaii. I like that he is silly and goofy just wish the writing could do more. Makes me sad some execs are going to look at this and say "we need to make him gritty and edgy not stupid" and so a future version will be all rawr and stuff. AoS could take this version of Lockjaw and make him work and be horribly entertaining. I want to see Greg Coulson and May hanging out with Lockjaw. Pretty please.
-Giving native Hawaiians a job - hey.... this part is nice. Longmire has some parts for continental US natives and this show employs some islanders. They could use more roles and cash so that is good.
-Umm-..... Desmond from Lost got another job?

I really want to like this show. Been a fan of Barry/Ramsay for aeons but he can't save this role. Hilarious that he still seems like the protagonist or an antihero as opposed to a villain and I don't think that is clever, subtle writing purposefully taking on the evils of traditional caste/class systems. I'd even prefer a repulsive Randian point of view as long as they could get someone who could actually create a narrative. Also Karnak? In the comics he has a basic attire nowadays of a green hoodie, fists wrapped in tape combines with an almost scary take on a monk's demeanour. They didn't have to follow that but howabout not making him seem like such a doofus so early in the show. Start with Karnak being quiet and grim and toss in some action scenes. Don't even have to go super kung fu like Iron Fist should have been. Make it more like those flashy Sherlock Holmes movies from a decade ago: he plans the fights in his head and breaks limbs. Don't even need CGI. Just use zooms and close ups of certain details. Maybe toss in an inner monologue. "Thug1 slightly moves stiffly when on his left leg. Possible bad knee. Thus 2 breathing too heavily/ pupils dilated and bloodshot. Area around eyes puffy. Movement uncoordinated. Intoxicated?" Start action. Snap-crack-pop. Hire one of the AoS guys to direct as both Daisy and May have had some beautiful moments.

I wish this show was better.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

Von_Doom posted:

-Black Bolt's actor - I like him.

I wish this show was better.

Anson Mount. I'm a huge apologist for Hell on Wheels, where I felt he was great.

Scott Buck, man. He's Bizarro Midas.

Stan S. Stanman
Nov 18, 2009

Xealot posted:

Anson Mount. I'm a huge apologist for Hell on Wheels, where I felt he was great.

I liked Hell on Wheels. His character was pretty good there too.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Xealot posted:

Oh gently caress... he was great in that. Liked that show despite its flaws. Also really like Common despite not thinking he is the greatest actor. There is just something about him I like...and he does decently as far as acting chops go. I would watch Colm Meaney reading his grocery list and various top ten lists. I miss that show now.

So... Inhumans. I might be the only fan of goofy as hell Lockjaw. I want him to hang out with Coulson and company. I want Mack to give him a nickname. I hope this next season of AoS is as good as last. They have found such a good stride.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Von_Doom posted:

So... Inhumans. I might be the only fan of goofy as hell Lockjaw. I want him to hang out with Coulson and company. I want Mack to give him a nickname. I hope this next season of AoS is as good as last. They have found such a good stride.

Who the gently caress keeps screaming they don't like Lockjaw? Reveal yourself cowards. I will always love dogie

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
His CGI is bad but this show is bad so... :whelp:

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
What the hell was that plot with the jilted vet? Am I high?

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Maybe the whole point of this miniseries is to completely kill off the Royal Family so no one will ever have to talk about them ever again, which I think I'd be OK with....

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
"We need to restrain Mortis so he can't remove his mask!"

[Ties his hands together in front of his body with a power cord from a lamp.]

"Oh no, he's going to remove his visor and blast us!"

Gorgon should have just walked into the ocean and died with dignity.

That said, if someone told Scott Buck to write a serious Spider-Man series we would possibly get a decent Newspaper Spider-Man adaptation.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hey that last episode was pretty goo-aahahahahaha no I can't even type that.

People blasted Iron Fist for having characters that just explain their emotions to each other but this has that times a thousand. Everyone states the obvious, most surface-level thought imaginable. Everyone is also a gibbering idiot.

Medusa's longer conversations with Black Bolt are hilarious. Crystal's a moron, her boyfriend is stupid and his ex is barely a character. I liked how she was surprised and upset when the barn was empty of the dog SHE KNOWS CAN TELEPORT. In Maximus's flashback to his brutal training regiment I had to rewind and rewatch to see if there was anything special about the stick he hit Gorgon with -- the reaction was so overblown that I thought it must be electrified or something. Gorgon's supposed to be a huge badass, right?

The intro dream sequence in this episode is the sort of thing that might work okay normally but this show is so bad at everything that I initially assumed they had somehow hosed up the broadcast order or missed a reel of film.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

Episode six had some really janky editing -- and I hate it when shows think the best way to enjoy a big fight scene is inside a dark warehouse where you can't see a goddamn thing.

So, goodbye Sammy, I guess? Now that the gangs back together I'm really trying to figure out what story purpose Buck et al thought they were accomplishing by introducing so many side-characters. The Surfer/Marines, the pot farmers, Dave and whatever his ex-girlfriend's name was... I'll give Black Bolt's jail-time a pass because I liked that that bit, and Declan seems to still have some story left in him, but over all... did the writers seriously look at the six moon-dwelling super aliens that they had to work with and not have six episodes worth of ideas? It defies comprehension.

Also, Trition is definitely dead, isn't he? That sucks.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I haven't gotten around to watching the latest episode but I'm starting to think Inhumans was partially funded by Tourism Hawaii. The island looks incredible, and by far the best thing in the show, with Black Bolt being a strong second.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If they end up killing the whole cast except Black Bolt and Lockjaw, that would be fine with me. Put them on Agents of SHIELD.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh no, Gorgon died. Who cares?

I liked how the Rebels had steak knives.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
It's a good thing they foiled that evil veterinarian's evil schemes, right?

Also loved the part where they defeated Mordis by feigning sympathy for the unjust persecution he endured, and then joking about that persecution half a minute later.

Also Karnak says "bejeezus."

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

twistedmentat posted:

I haven't gotten around to watching the latest episode but I'm starting to think Inhumans was partially funded by Tourism Hawaii. The island looks incredible, and by far the best thing in the show, with Black Bolt being a strong second.

I said that two weeks ago. I'm pretty sure they wrote it too.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The only good thing about this show is that it allows AoS S5 to go on without any breaks.

Takezio
Nov 7, 2011

Yakmouth posted:

Also, Trition is definitely dead, isn't he? That sucks.

No body no dead. He totally got picked up by Namor, decided everything was bullshit, and now he and Namor are having amazing sea adventures.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I can't wait to read the feature articles detailing the massive clusterfuck behind the scenes of this awful show. I hope Marvel learns from this and Iron Fist. Or are they just chucking out IP's for cash now?

Oh and Inhumans? loving AWFUL. The entire royal family is awful. I'm all for the brother knocking them off and bringing the Inhumans to earth.

The only character I want to see again? The dog. Can AOS come across him after someone shrinks him into a normal sized dog and then they keep him as a pet?

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!
Apparently my DVR decided not to record this week's episode and I just don't care enough to hunt it down online. Did anything actually important happen that I need to know if I just pick up next week?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

vlad3217 posted:

Apparently my DVR decided not to record this week's episode and I just don't care enough to hunt it down online. Did anything actually important happen that I need to know if I just pick up next week?

No. The black dude died and black bolt got his dog back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

This was my assumption.

Sammus posted:

The black dude died and black bolt got his dog back

:aaa: plot development???

• Locked thread