Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
This lifehack brought to you by Salvador Dali.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sociopastry posted:

oh man that is gonna smell great in like three days

:confused:

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

Sociopastry posted:

oh man that is gonna smell great in like three days

I know where you're going with this but presumably those shells are washed and painted, so they wouldn't smell. Like, millions of people clean and paint hollowed eggshells every year at Easter and keep them around sometimes for years as decorations. No comment on the practicality or taste of the lifehack wall art though.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Lifehack: wash and save eggshells for a year like a crazy person, then buy spraypaint and presumably some other kind of preservative coating, spray all of them, and mount them on a giant canvas... Screw it, just buy some "It's Always Time For Coffee" poster from Walmart instead of going through a pretty complicated art project to hang literal garbage on your wall

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lifehack: if your walls are barren, buy picture frames from the store and hang them on your walls with the stock photos still in them to regularly remind yourself that no one loves you and you will die alone.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Sagebrush posted:

lol @ the idea that you've ever written "all there is to say" on a given topic

Try that one out on your professor and see how they respond!
Like I said, I did do exactly this and got full credit because my profs would rather read what I had to say rather than force a word/page count. Sorry you had lovely robots for teachers! :)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

vyelkin posted:

remind yourself that no one loves you and you will die alone.

lol if you don't have Enrique remind you that no one loves you and you will die alone.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

LogisticEarth posted:

I know where you're going with this but presumably those shells are washed and painted, so they wouldn't smell. Like, millions of people clean and paint hollowed eggshells every year at Easter and keep them around sometimes for years as decorations. No comment on the practicality or taste of the lifehack wall art though.

You're assuming PTA-member Karen is going to take the time to wash, preserve, paint and protect those eggshells after she finds it on pinterest. No, no indeed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

rydiafan posted:

lol if you don't have Enrique remind you that no one loves you and you will die alone.

lol if Enrique doesn't love you and would not softly cradle you in his arms as you die. just lol.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

SpacePig posted:

lol if Enrique doesn't love you and would not softly cradle you in his arms as you die. just lol.
Just get Enrique to die for you in your place instead, duh.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Haifisch posted:

Lifehack: Can't afford real art on your walls? Just use eggs.

The lifehack that actively makes your life worse. Hot take from another thread with the picture:

Chard posted:

Dozens and dozens of dust cups and spiderweb holders that shatter if you clean them.

:spiderguy:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Something that would likely look better and not be impossible to clean would be to use gold paint and potato stamps.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Sir Lemming posted:

This lifehack brought to you by Salvador Dali.

Salvador Deli :haw:

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

vyelkin posted:

Lifehack: if your walls are barren, buy picture frames from the store and hang them on your walls with the stock photos still in them to regularly remind yourself that no one loves you and you will die alone.

All I have to do is look in the mirror to remember that. :colbert:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

Like I said, I did do exactly this and got full credit because my profs would rather read what I had to say rather than force a word/page count. Sorry you had lovely robots for teachers! :)

The idea of a word count is not to force students to meet some arbitrary limit, it's to make students think more in-depth about a topic.

A different level of analysis is expected from a two-page paper than from a ten-page one. For ten pages you're expected to fit in more analysis, more evidence, and make a more persuasive case. This can be done in different ways--developing multiple points in depth, developing one point really well, using a wide variety of evidence, etc.--but the idea is to force you to come up with ten pages' worth of ideas and evidence. If the prof wants a level of analysis that would typically take ten pages, and you hand in two, or five, or seven, it's possible that you're a genius but it's more likely that you just didn't meet the level of rigour that the prof was looking for.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Haifisch posted:

There have got to be easier ways to make my wall look like it has buboes

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

14 Parenting "Hacks" That Are Totally Bogus

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

If your kid isn't an idiot, it'll be a whopping 5 minutes of activity!

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

If your kids are anything like mine they will tip the bucket of water over them self or over their sister within 30 seconds

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

EMC posted:

If your kids are anything like mine they will tip the bucket of water over them self or over their sister within 30 seconds

This sounds way more fun than being gaslit tbh

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

This is almost literally one of the activities at the preschool I went to. They had a big red phone box and you could "paint" it with water like that. Which I guess is actually fun to four-year-olds. :shrug:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Yeah kids the right age will do that poo poo for hours, it's great.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
So Tom Sawyer was on to something is what you are saying.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

gently caress, I was just about to make this joke.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

By the time we get to the end of the page the joke will have dried and you can make it again!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's pretty much the same idea as plastic kitchen playsets and toy cash registers, tiny kids love imitating what they see grown-ups do without having to worry about cleaning up. (well, the parents enjoy not having to worry about it anyway. I made some amazing messes as a kid)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

steinrokkan posted:

There is a painting company in my area called Tom Sawyer Painting. Which annoys my husband, because when we pass one of their signs, I launch into the whole sequence. "I'll give you a dead rat on a string!"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Lifehack; don't leave your child alone with toy boats, strawberry Nesquik and plastic containers of varying size.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Lifehack: don't have children

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

steinrokkan posted:

Today's Tom Sawyer
Gets by on you
And the paint he faked
Gets dry on you

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
What you say about his company is what you say about society.

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

vyelkin posted:

Lifehack: don't have children

Whoa.... don't turn my lifestyle into a lifehack, bub.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

This is art.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
"Seal any bag tightly"

"Smear Peanut Butter On Your Shower Wall To Distract Your Dog In The Bath"

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That last one doesn't seem god awful.

I mean it's not on the "Understand basic math" level of lifehack

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Haifisch posted:

Enjoy your guests false smiles and comments such as ‘that’s...interesting’. Enjoy shells raining down on your head whenever someone slams a door or there’s a slight breeze. Forget that the shells are behind you and rest your head on the wall, then spend hours trying to get eggshell shards out of your hair.

Weeks of fun!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
That's also gold leaf, not gold paint, and that poo poo is finicky so this would have been HARD and not saved anyone any money or time. get poo poo art at ikea like the loser you are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

CzarChasm posted:

That last one doesn't seem god awful.

I mean it's not on the "Understand basic math" level of lifehack

Honestly the dog one seems pretty good too? I'm not a dog owner, but if it works, hey, sure.

The first one fits right in this thread though. What, no twist ties?