Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
The short whistle is to attract attention, the long for the mount. I also thought the mount was broken for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Oh and speaking of things the game doesn’t clearly say you can change your hairstyle and remove the beard in the gear menu.

For PS4 it’s R2+Triangle for beard and L2+Triangle for hair. I’m very sure the game doesn’t mention this either.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Skeezy posted:

Oh and speaking of things the game doesn’t clearly say you can change your hairstyle and remove the beard in the gear menu.

For PS4 it’s R2+Triangle for beard and L2+Triangle for hair. I’m very sure the game doesn’t mention this either.
That at least seems more like an Easter egg, since Bayek's hair and beard change with the story.

I had no idea about the distraction whistle until right now, though. :aaa:

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

That at least seems more like an Easter egg, since Bayek's hair and beard change with the story.

Oh word? Okay then maybe it isn’t that big of a deal.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Skeezy posted:

I changed mine to a short hair, bearded look, but it keeps changing back seemingly at random. Does this happen to anyone else?

Also this game is excellent so far.

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Unless I’m being a big dumb idiot, the game also doesn’t mention that you can press dodge while falling and you do a roll when you land. Obviously you still die if it’s a really big fall, but it helps avoid taking damage other times.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

https://giant.gfycat.com/FavoritePerfectHypsilophodon.webm

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

My biggest annoyance is that I can't get rid of the giant "Target in Proximity. Press Up to Call Sanu" message. Maybe I want to do it the old fashoned way, game. Now gently caress off

Ah, I just solved it! Stop tracking the particular quest and the message goes away. Yay!

blue squares fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Oct 29, 2017

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Having your own personal chariot is so nice.

You're zipping around the map with twice the horsepower of your other options

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's like three different heavy mace chains that all end with testicle crushes. I hate when one weapon is so clearly superior to the other options like this.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I love how little Auto-pilot mounts care for the well being of the chariots/donkeys/little kids they run into.

Move bitch, get out the way :frogc00l:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the real question is why did they decide to include a cameo from YOU, yes YOU, the one reading this thread

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/Toffile/status/924722690145079298

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

chariots are amazing and so bad

I did a mission earlier that involved stealing a food cart and failed the mission three times because I fell into a river or was murdered by the lovely turn radius in some other way.

blindwoozie fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 29, 2017

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
If you thought there were no naval battles in this, then I've got news for you:
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....und-color=black

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
game is good as hell, surprisingly. Zelda + Skyrim + Witcher 3 in Egypt

parrying should be fixed though it's pretty rear end

also drat the game just throws rare gear at you, kind of weird to have three Purple weapons before I'm even out of the starting zone

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Lollerich posted:

That should rope in all the jerks sour about the last couple of naval-less games.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Lollerich posted:

do they sing sea shanties

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
by god I don't care if it's anachronistic, they better ask me what should they do with a drunken sailor

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lollerich posted:

:eyepop:

Definitely way better than Syndicate.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

exploded mummy posted:

do they sing sea shanties

No, but they drum like champs.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Regarding my 'why are we fighting soldiers' question, I advanced a bit in the story and got a new badge that explains it all:

"[A] licence to kill on behalf of the Gods and Goddesses of Egypt, political immunity, and a right to enforce the law above that of mortals."

Assassin's Creed: Judge Dredd :black101:

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

is there a solid source of money that you get? something like every other AC has had until now?

this game is really pretty too, it's nuts

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Just got the game, am patching it, what new gadgets does this guy have to make him different from the other assassins

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Calaveron posted:

Just got the game, am patching it, what new gadgets does this guy have to make him different from the other assassins

A hot wife who kills people and likes to gently caress

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Hadoken. Yeah. From street fighter. Hadoken.

Sure, they call it :airquote: "fire bombs" in this game but you fling a ball at people and then there's fire. It's a goddamned fireball.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Another undocumented (or at least not readily explained) feature: Senu's ability to find quest targets can also be used to find captains, treasure, and other location objectives. The arrow and circle are just white instead of yellow. Saved me a lot of trouble searching camps and villages once I learned that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lord Hydronium posted:

Another undocumented (or at least not readily explained) feature: Senu's ability to find quest targets can also be used to find captains, treasure, and other location objectives. The arrow and circle are just white instead of yellow. Saved me a lot of trouble searching camps and villages once I learned that.

Senu can also see where Papyrus (and maybe other hidden) treasures are, but they won't stay marked, you have to remember where you saw the icon.

On PS4 the game seems to like to crash when you die; had it happen twice already. Thankfully it also autosaves like every ten seconds.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, when you wear an outfit that covers Bayek's face his voice gets muffled. The loving details.

Orv
May 4, 2011
I assume if you gave them three years they'd just make a game that could not be finished in a human lifetime.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I,m a big fan of running around everywhere with a towel on and nothing else. It markedly improves most cutscenes too.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

exquisite tea posted:

I remember reading somewhere that Ubisoft's corporate culture is pretty strongly against high fantasy, which is why you don't see too many stylized settings across their various IPs. Even their samurai vs. knights. vs. vikings game went for a "realistic" feel to the combat, and stuff like Watch Dogs and The Division attempt to create plausible explanations for all their fantastical elements.

I guess that makes sense, seems an odd stance but oh well. Bayek is a warg in this so maybe they'll change it up later.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

fun fact: if you're by a source of fire and you're shooting arrows, the arrows catch fire!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Carlosologist posted:

fun fact: if you're by a source of fire and you're shooting arrows, the arrows catch fire!

Also if you are on fire

Also I was running around the chariot racing place and kept coming across stables that were on fire for no reason

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

blue squares posted:

Also I was running around the chariot racing place and kept coming across stables that were on fire for no reason

Maybe someone was betting really well?

They had a hot hand. :downsrim:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Carlosologist posted:

You don't need to shoot. Just walk near a torch with bow drawn for a free fire arrow.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Carlosologist posted:

is there a solid source of money that you get? something like every other AC has had until now?

this game is really pretty too, it's nuts

Sadly not, I too lament the absence of an upgradable assassin den to call home. :sigh:

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
Throwing torches at sleeping guards is the best.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I really like how Bayek is just a big friendly murder man. He's on a mission of revenge or whatever but if some kids want to play then he's down for that straight up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Don't forget to spend you 200 free Helix Bucks. If you buy the Small Material pouch, you should be able to upgrade all your gear several times right away.

You can move the camera during cutscenes.

Boats are awesome!

The Legendary Shield you can get early that causes enemies to fall asleep when you block is amazing.

Rare Sword you can buy or get from the lake causes Bleed on hit which is super good.