Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Thanqol posted:

The Archmagos, in response, has declared a crusade: The armies of Forgeworld Draupnir are to go forth into the galaxy, find every starship the Forgeworld has ever made, reclaim it - by force if necessary - and then bring it back to Draupnir for re-integration with the homeworld. It's the galaxy's largest and most violent product recall and no one is safe.

Just wanted to say I love the Product Recall Crusade.

Edit: poo poo, top of page.

Have some pics of me demoing the game to my friend and his new Armless Tau

Harkano fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I've been too lazy to use a cork so this looks right up my alley. I've got most of the citadel tools and while expensive they've all been really great.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I like it but the real benefit is to have a bunch of those. Empty pill bottles with putty/tack on the caps and some loose change inside to weight the bottom down is what I use.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Well that confirms it, it will be a runaway success.

You fear me because I am right

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

SteelMentor posted:

Next week's pre-orders got previewed.

Nid codex, Ryza Ruins kit from the Moonbase board set and...

A buttplug.

I want the Fulgrim special edition.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Uroboros posted:

I want the Fulgrim special edition.

Just paint it purple and gold.

HardCoil posted:

I actually like it. I can never get my stuff secure enough on wine corks.

Yeah same, bluetac never seems to work all that well on cork I've noticed so right now I'm just glueing a foot onto a piece of sprue instead.
Although I've had some success with whiskey corks, but then I suddenly hit the problem of needing something a bit longer for that. My solutions so far have had marginal success.

I like the adjustable holder but the grip could've been better designed.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I don't know why it only just now occurred to me that chaos legion traits don't stop you from taking other cult troops.

Besides all of the khorne berzerkers starting the game 9 inches away from me, I mean.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

HardCoil posted:

I actually like it. I can never get my stuff secure enough on wine corks.

This guy knows the struggle is real.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That carnifex change should be fun. It will be interesting to see if a heavy venomcannon carnifex with the +1BS and the -1BS back will be worth it points wise. The tyrannofex actually gives us a lascannon equivalent which was needed.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Are any of the half dozen of you nerds that bought the new Mortarion interested in selling me the spare hands in the kit? I'm looking at converting the 30K model of him and am on the lookout for his left pistol and right scythe hands.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The best method of holding miniatures that I have found is adhesive backed magnetic sheeting and steel washers glued inside the bases. The sheeting is adhered to 2" wide cork cylinders and it has enough holding strength that the model doesn't move.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

SteelMentor posted:

A buttplug.

I see Games Werkshop was just being prophetic about GW releasing a Pear of Anguish.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if FW will update the Stonecrushers to be able to use some of those biomorphs...

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

adamantium|wang posted:

Are any of the half dozen of you nerds that bought the new Mortarion interested in selling me the spare hands in the kit? I'm looking at converting the 30K model of him and am on the lookout for his left pistol and right scythe hands.

I haven't assembled him yet but yeah I'm p sure I want to do right pistol/left scythe so I can help you out. PM me

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Send him both scythes and build Morty with two pistols.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
It's just like my Japanese animes

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

Hahahahahah
https://m.ebay.com/itm/DREADNOUGHT-...%257Ciid%253A19

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Oh christ I've been seeing that on eBay for like a year now

Poor guy is never going to sell that masterpiece

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Is that a Warlord Titan chain fist and a Plasma Annihilator? :eyepop:

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Seller Notes: "Painted"

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

SteelMentor posted:

Next week's pre-orders got previewed.

Nid codex, Ryza Ruins kit from the Moonbase board set and...

A buttplug.

There's some company that makes a simple MDF version of these but I can't remember the company.
Theirs are less... exquisitely textured.

The real question is: are they gonna force Sir Duncan to use one of these in all his videos going forward?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
God loving dammit GW just sell me my Miphitic Blight Haulers already!!! They are only one of the coolest units in the Death Guard codex :argh:

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Deathray Designs sells some laser cut mini holders and they toss them in for free with big enough orders. Attached a 50mm base to the bottom so it can stand up on its own and it's pretty handy. The advantage I can see of the Citadel painting plug though is it's adjustable, although if only up to 40mm that's kind of limiting.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Those are the ones!

http://deathraydesigns.com/product-category/storage-and-utility/mini-grips/

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Babby's first tournament went well.

First game was vs a chill guy who played Alpha Legion. Close game that ended with me getting full score after I tabled him in round 5.

Cool. I'm getting seeded with the winners. Next up, AM. Sounds like fun, as I've not played much against AM before.
The dude brought 2 Shadowswords and a Baneblade. The rest of his army was psykers to buff them and a few heavy weapon teams, plus some deep striking plasma dudes. I wasn't really prepared for this much armor.

Round 3 I played an Ynnari list with all 3 characters from the Ynnari box. He miscalculated the range on my Hellblasters, even though I told him it was 30" before the match. The dice were also not in his favour at all. The next time I fight space elves, I'm focusing shuriken cannon infantry more than I did this time around.

Ended in 3rd place. Not playing against anyone that brings more than one Super-Heavy ever again.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I just picked up Codex: Craftworlds and I like it so far. I have always loved space Elves so I might finally be willing to make a small force now that they don't seem "lol broken" like they were in 7th.. It seems like minimum sized squads of Aspect Warriors seems like the best way to play them, so at least I can slowly buy a paint a squad at a time until I have an army. Spoiler Alert: This is Impossible

My one question is what do they call Eldar in the other new codexes if they are mentioned? Aeldari is fine for what they call themselves, but Eldar should still be how the Imperium refers to them.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
DG Codex uses Aeldari, Drukhari and Craftworlders.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GET INTO DA CHOPPA posted:

Ended in 3rd place. Not playing against anyone that brings more than one Super-Heavy ever again.

Any tournament that allows that sort of bullshit isn't really one to be participating in anyway IMO. OTOH I'm tempted just bring out this list at some point:

Space Marine Battalion
Primaris Captain w/ Power Fist
Primaris Lieutenant w/ Power Sword
5x Intercessor w/ Power Sword, Grenade Launcher

Adeptus Titanicus Super-Heavy Auxiliary Detachment
Warhound Titan w/ 2x Inferno Gun

Seems fair, right?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Way more fair than when Warhounds were like 700 points, honestly.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Pendent posted:

Way more fair than when Warhounds were like 700 points, honestly.

That just sounds amazing.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That just sounds amazing.

Paging Panascope to the thread. Panascope, please report to the thread.

I don't think you played 7th but bringing multiple D-strength shots at that cost was basically criminal

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So I see that howling banshees are the same price as assault marines without jump packs, seems legit. Those two units are equivalent

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

lokipunk posted:

So, I inherited a bunch of imperial guard. I have 0 urge to play 40k, and got some offers to sell them. Can someone help me parse out how much to charge? There are:
code:
2x leman russ with heavy bolters
1 chimera
3x lascannon
3x autocannon
3x heavy bollter
3x rocket launcher 
3x mortar 
56 cadian guardsman w lasguns 
8 grenade launchers
3 melta
3 plasma
5 flamer
7 officer with chainswords and laspistols
2 fancy looking officers with swords and laspistols
1 fancy boy with sword and power fist
2 commissar with plasma pistols and chainswords
some kind of commander
a vox castor?
some kind of attendant priest
5 some kind of heavy guardsman with lasguns and commander with sword (power?) and weird laspistol
2 of those walker things with no weapons attached
No paint, plastics assembled with cement, a little green stuff covering gaps. Some of the guardsman missing bayonets.

Not looking to make bank on this, I'd just like to unload it and maybe turn it into shiny new shadespire.

shoot me a pm id be down with buying a chunk of these.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of superheavies, the guy I regularly play against (who is an eBay addict) just sprung a thunderhawk on me in our 2k game today. I almost won on objectives, and would've if the game ended at 5 instead of going to 7. Thing was bullshit, as was his rolling. Made every single 5+ invuln turn 1 for my 12 lascannons, and had no problem clearing an infantry squad and a tank every subsequent turn.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

chutche2 posted:

So I see that howling banshees are the same price as assault marines without jump packs, seems legit. Those two units are equivalent

Toughness and armor save are pretty helpful. :shrug:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Toughness and armor save are pretty helpful. :shrug:

Both of those things are pretty overcosted on infantry this edition. Toughness especially, T3 vs T4 is nowhere near as big a deal as it was in 7th. You don't get S6 instant death or S5 wounding on a 2+ anymore.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

chutche2 posted:

Both of those things are pretty overcosted on infantry this edition. Toughness especially, T3 vs T4 is nowhere near as big a deal as it was in 7th. You don't get S6 instant death or S5 wounding on a 2+ anymore.

I honestly can't tell which of the two units you think is better?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Pendent posted:

Paging Panascope to the thread. Panascope, please report to the thread.

I don't think you played 7th but bringing multiple D-strength shots at that cost was basically criminal

Haha yeah dropped 2 D Templates and blew up 3 Knights

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I honestly can't tell which of the two units you think is better?

Assault marines get two chainsword attacks. Banshees get 2 power sword attacks, can threaten nearly twice as far with charges, can't be overwatched, enemies are at -1 to hit them in melee. Assault marines can get close to the threat range of banshees if you give them jump packs to make them 3 points more expensive, but are still pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
T3 isn't as big of a handicap as it was in 7th but it's still pretty significant against most S4 guns and S4 guns are loving everywhere.

But at this point you should probably stop freaking out about every other thing you personally think it's optimally balanced, because jesus it's getting old.