Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Yeah, that's better than most personalized plates. Solid work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
I'm just surprised they have those as custom characters.

craig588
Nov 19, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought it was just a show plate, so I looked it up and North Carolina specifically is one of the few states that allow more than simple alphanumeric characters.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Better prison education program, I guess.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rn2J1

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's awesome, but has it actually been tested offroad?

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
https://imgur.com/a/fhDRI

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm surprised either of those bits had the structural integrity to be bolted together.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I didn't know you can use symbols on vanity plates
E- whoa new page, nm

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I don’t have a pic handy but the best personalized tag I’ve seen later was on a Viper: “PP XTNDR”

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There are two new ACRs that frequent the trackdays around here, both have the American flag plate style. One is MURICA, the other is DOWNFRC

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Powershift posted:

I'm surprised either of those bits had the structural integrity to be bolted together.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

If you asked a decade ago, never in a million years would I have believed that a simple photo of an automotive part could simultaneously make me cackle and send cold shivers down my spine. This forum has broken me.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Rubiks Pubes posted:

I don’t have a pic handy but the best personalized tag I’ve seen later was on a Viper: “PP XTNDR”

My favorite NYC plate has been YAHMUTHA on some messed up Honda

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Best plate I ever saw here was on an M3 that read TI3VOM

in the mirror it reads MOVEIT

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

(spotted by a guy in one of my FB groups)

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

A guy in town built one of these, same model/colors too. His camper was perfect condition though, and didn't move until it was done. Where is this at?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Memento posted:

Best plate I ever saw here was on an M3 that read TI3VOM

in the mirror it reads MOVEIT

Best I saw when working at a parking garage was a ricer with a TI3OVM plate.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
There's an F-type around here with "JAAAAAG" that I'm a fan of. Some friends of ours have "ACRONYM" on one car and, on the world's most inoffensively-styled Volvo wagon, "SO BEIGE".

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

The most confusing vanity plate that I've yet seen was one on a Chevy Lumina dustbuster minivan that read PHLEGM

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

DJ Commie posted:

A guy in town built one of these, same model/colors too. His camper was perfect condition though, and didn't move until it was done. Where is this at?
San Francisco.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
Just about to walk into the Tokyo Motor Show. Hopefully some cool poo poo here. May wander around the car park later if I have time.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

There was one guy around here (something Brazil?) with the plate "SLO RICE" which made its rounds to cars that were neither slow nor Japanese, I always found that funny.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Puddin posted:

Just about to walk into the Tokyo Motor Show. Hopefully some cool poo poo here. May wander around the car park later if I have time.

I went years ago. You won't have time. Enjoy and post cool pics!

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

redgubbinz posted:

There was one guy around here (something Brazil?) with the plate "SLO RICE" which made its rounds to cars that were neither slow nor Japanese, I always found that funny.

That was/is Imperador do Brasil.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sagebrush posted:

The most confusing vanity plate that I've yet seen was one on a Chevy Lumina dustbuster minivan that read PHLEGM

Throat doctor I'd bet. Jalopnik found an actual proctologist who got KRAMER as his vanity plate.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

Finger Prince posted:

I went years ago. You won't have time. Enjoy and post cool pics!

https://imgur.com/gallery/UDicO

Small gallery of the better ones I saw.

Never thought I'd want a minivan, but there you go. Not pictured the integrated TV screen in the passenger rear window.

Just perfect.

Probably my two favorite cars there. Honda really knocked it out of the park in the EV concepts. If any of those make it to production and bear a close resemblance to the them, I'd probably buy one in a heartbeat.

Project One is loooong.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Puddin posted:

https://imgur.com/gallery/UDicO

Small gallery of the better ones I saw.

Never thought I'd want a minivan, but there you go. Not pictured the integrated TV screen in the passenger rear window.

Just perfect.

Probably my two favorite cars there. Honda really knocked it out of the park in the EV concepts. If any of those make it to production and bear a close resemblance to the them, I'd probably buy one in a heartbeat.

Project One is loooong.

Yeah that Honda hatch is really seriously growing on me a lot!
The mazda hatch looks... Off... Something weird about the back half proportions.
The silver mazda doesn't even look real! It looks like an augmented reality render projected on the turntable!

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Finger Prince posted:

Yeah that Honda hatch is really seriously growing on me a lot!
The mazda hatch looks... Off... Something weird about the back half proportions.
The silver mazda doesn't even look real! It looks like an augmented reality render projected on the turntable!

It has so much hood space ita just unreal
It looks so much longer than what it might actually be irl.

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
They are pretty small, while still looking big.

If I had to guess, I'd say about the length of an EG Civic. The coupe is about the same length as the hatch.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Toyota Centurys are so freakin' cool.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Project One is a street legal F1 car. As in they took the drive train out of the F1 Car and built a shell around it to make it street legal.

Enjoy your 800+ HP machine, Bill Gates.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

redgubbinz posted:

That’s me! And it’s currently on a WRX which at least meets half the plate’s specifications. My Forester XT is rocking Z GERMNZ currently, which started on a BMW but is too funny to get rid of.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

I'm not saying it's awesome, but I was always impressed that someone in the Bay Area (CA) managed to get STFU NUB; seen him multiple times

It's just on some beater, which makes sense

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!

redgubbinz posted:

My old plates (TRAKWAGN) from my SRT8 Magnum now reside on my wifes 4cyl 2017 Sorento :saddowns:

I'm still holding out hope that I get back into a fast wagon at some point in the future to put them on, but I know deep in my heart that I'm just wasting money on the custom tags each time i renew.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Honda Launches Civic Type R Crate Engine Purchase Program

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/h...-2017-sema-show

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It seems everyone is debuting their crazy crates today, Dodge just dropped the "HellCrate", the Hellcat is now available outside of copart wrecks:

http://autoweek.com/article/sema-show/schrodingers-hellcat-mopars-hellcrate-62-liter-hemi-box

It's loving ~$22k though, so there's that. For that price I'd try to get a Coyote up to the 700's.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

BlackMK4 posted:

Honda Launches Civic Type R Crate Engine Purchase Program

http://www.hondanews.com/releases/h...-2017-sema-show

"you're buying this for racing, right?"
"... Yes?"
*sticks it in '92 civic hatch*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006