Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Was that 3DS dbz srpg where you can fuse people together any good?
I kind of liked it but I ended up quitting after like the 3rd area, because its the kind of RPG where they designed a really complex battle system but you battle so frequently and the battles are so easy that you just kind of resent it. and its sad cause its a really good interpretation of DBZ into RPG mechanics, you can knock people around all over the place and bounce them off each other, its super satisfying to line up beam attacks + if you have your meter charged up you can counter beams and have beam battles, the kind of things you want from a dragonball game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Baron Porkface posted:

Whats the best Tall-Ship combat game on the market? I've tried Battlefleet Gothic Armada but didnt like it.

I've heard good things about the Treasure planet licensed game of all things.

This Battlestar Galactica game has gotten good reviews. My personal favorite is still Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. And if you want something super realistic there's Children of a Dead Earth which is basically Kerbal Space Combat Simulator.

I wouldn't mind a space combat game based on The Expanse universe. That property can't be that expensive.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

The Colonel posted:

tfw you save richard in REmake cause you are a fast runner and a good friend

also i have like 60 pistol rounds and 16 shotgun rounds. i feel invincible

Hey RE buddy. I just got that trophy last night; first time I've ever gotten this far in Resident Evil. It's fun but it's hard not to resent the inventory system and I can see how it would be more fun on a second play through when you have a better grasp on the order of operations. As it is I'm running from the item box to the piano, then back to item box to get an emblem, back to the piano room, all to get another key when I haven't exhausted the armor key yet, so I've got 20% of my inventory taken up with keys. Then I've got 20% taken up with fire-producing materials, leaving four spaces for a weapon, ammo, a restorative, and whatever key item I'm carting around. Any tips of inventory management from someone who's been around the RE block?

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Keys disappear from your inventory in REmake as soon as you use them on every door that requires them- I always go out of my way to use keys as fast as possible on every door that needs them so I can disappear them asap.

Fighting zombies honestly isn't worth it most of the time- you're better off avoiding around them. I only clear out rooms where they're particularly tricky to dodge, or are like directly in front of a safe room door. As a result I almost never actually have the lighter and fluid on me because burning zombies doesn't matter if you're not interested in killing them to begin with. Partway through the game, most of the zombies in the main mansion are killed by Hunters anyways who are, IMO, much easier to fight so I prefer to save my shotgun ammo for them.

Raxivace fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Oct 30, 2017

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Digirat posted:

how is the evil within 2 about instakills? The first game looked full of them and a bunch of other poo poo I knew I'd hate so I skipped it but the second one looks better to me.
There aren't much but the amount in the first game is honestly kind of exaggerated by people too.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I got 700 and something on my first try but I started losing feeling in my arm because I was sitting in a weird position

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Raxivace posted:

There aren't much but the amount in the first game is honestly kind of exaggerated by people too.

Nah one hit traps are everywhere and deliberately placed where you're likely to not be paying attention plus almost every boss and tough enemy has a one hit kill. People may exaggerate the literal amount but not how many times you'll die to them.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Been Switchless and without Internet at home because of moving to another place across town, so decided to just blaze through another playthrough of Illusion of Gaia in a day because it's either that or marathon the Simpsons episodes on my PC without Internet. Not that I haven't been doing that as well.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Phantasium posted:

Been Switchless
I'm so sorry :smith:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Every time I move some boxes I stay there a little bit to play Mario and get a few moons.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Phantasium posted:

Been Switchless and without Internet at home because of moving to another place across town, so decided to just blaze through another playthrough of Illusion of Gaia in a day because it's either that or marathon the Simpsons episodes on my PC without Internet. Not that I haven't been doing that as well.
I love this game, it might be my favorite kinda sorta obscure SNES title. I'd love to replay it with a better translation someday.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

DARK FRIAR IS A DARK POWER FOR THE DARK KNIGHT, FREEDAN

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm playing rear end Creed: Origins but I'm already worrying about the accumulating backlog. I still need to get all the sequels to games I really enjoyed like Divinity OS 2, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 but I also haven't gotten Nier: A or Hellblade yet. There's just too many cool game releases in comparison to how much free time I actually have at disposal. CoD: WW2 and Battlefront 2 are around the corner as well and I always enjoy those series for the mindless multi sessions. Aaaaa

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If they ever did a Puyo vs Tetris one it would be japan only probably

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

If they ever did a Puyo vs Tetris one it would be japan only probably

maybe it's meant as promotion for puyo puyo tetris?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Palpek posted:

I'm playing rear end Creed: Origins but I'm already worrying about the accumulating backlog. I still need to get all the sequels to games I really enjoyed like Divinity OS 2, Shadow of War, Wolfenstein and Evil Within 2 but I also haven't gotten Nier: A or Hellblade yet. There's just too many cool game releases in comparison to how much free time I actually have at disposal. CoD: WW2 and Battlefront 2 are around the corner as well and I always enjoy those series for the mindless multi sessions. Aaaaa

based on the time you have I'd say Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein are your best bets for a game that can be completed quickest, besides maybe Hellblade. If time isn't on your side then don't even bother with Divinity/Mordor/Nier for now

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Hellblade takes about 6-8 hours to complete. It's not a particularly long game although it is a very memorable one.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Guacamelee 2 was just announced at the SONY Paris show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LawfulWaffle posted:

Hey RE buddy. I just got that trophy last night; first time I've ever gotten this far in Resident Evil. It's fun but it's hard not to resent the inventory system and I can see how it would be more fun on a second play through when you have a better grasp on the order of operations. As it is I'm running from the item box to the piano, then back to item box to get an emblem, back to the piano room, all to get another key when I haven't exhausted the armor key yet, so I've got 20% of my inventory taken up with keys. Then I've got 20% taken up with fire-producing materials, leaving four spaces for a weapon, ammo, a restorative, and whatever key item I'm carting around. Any tips of inventory management from someone who's been around the RE block?

A lot of what Raxivace said. Try and open every door you can just for the sake of using up your keys, don't bother with the lighter and kerosene because you'll only ever want to use them if, like, there's a dead body lying somewhere that you really don't want to pop up to bite you in the rear end, in which case you can usually run back to a safe room to get them. Leave the survival knife because you'll almost never need it, and unequip any guns while you're exploring because it gives you a slight boost to your movement speed and you don't want to fight if you don't have to anyway, you only really want to bother using your pistol on zombies and if you avoid them as much as you can you'll usually have plenty of ammo to spare for it in those times that you do need it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
What do you make of these mutata?

Obviously Infinity ain't ever coming back but it's odd to see new product using the same art style.

Unless this isn't "New" product so much as it's re-purposed product? Like they wrote off all the unsold figures but they still felt they could make money off the designs in a sense?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Last Night I completed Wolfenstein The New Order and it was absolutely fantastic. I adore BJ and Anya's relationship and thought it was a lovely bit of human interaction around all the inhuman action. I did get very sad at the ending before I remembered there was a sequel though!

Another good game I can tick off my list :D G4F4!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
All I want to do is go home and play more Mario and I can't because I'm stuck at work until 4:30. Life is suffering.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

All I want to do is go home and play more Mario and I can't because I'm stuck at work until 4:30. Life is suffering.

while you can't play mario you can think about mario they can't control your mind

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

VideoGames posted:

Last Night I completed Wolfenstein The New Order and it was absolutely fantastic. I adore BJ and Anya's relationship and thought it was a lovely bit of human interaction around all the inhuman action. I did get very sad at the ending before I remembered there was a sequel though!

Another good game I can tick off my list :D G4F4!

It was amazing how among everything else to like about it (the music, the shooting, the gore system, the level design, how smoothly it runs) that the writing was one of the best parts of Wolf TNO. It’s from the same people who took the Darkness from Top Cow edgelord comics bullshit to a genuinely emotional experience, so it makes sense, but it was still a really pleasant surprise.

You make this count, alright? :smith: :smith: :smith:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DLC Inc posted:

Guacamelee 2 was just announced at the SONY Paris show

:getin:
Looks pretty cool, more of the same as the first but doing more wacky things with the mechanics. Looks like it's got a sort of Ori bash thing (or Ecclesia magnet if you will), and looks like there's a lot more focus on the chicken this time.

Speaking of, wonder when we're gonna get an Ori 2 release date. Guess there's no telling how far out it is at this point, haven't seen anything aside from that E3 teaser so far.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Thanks for the REmake advice. I didn't write down what door had what symbol and I think I left the last armor door right next to the door that you can only go through three times. So now I'd have to go all the way around through the room that had like four zombies break in to open up one door, and I'd probably want to bring the Wind Crest since I think it fits as a key in the outside passageway to the north and I'd like to make the loop as few times as possible. You can see what I mean about the knowledge you get from playing through the game once making the second playthrough a lot easier; it kind of reminds me of Dragon Quarter where I feel like I should be restarting or at least reloading a save once I gain a bit more knowledge of the mansion so I can make a better route. In the room that has the inside of the sheet music there are two zombies that could probably been juked but since I didn't know what I was supposed to do I spent ammo and health dealing with them. Repeat that a dozen times and that's what I'm dealing with.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
AssCreed:Egypt is really fun. Since the last open world game I played recently had a lot of terrible design in it like not being able to call your mount from anywhere and slow-rear end climbing limited by a stamina meter and weapon degradation I guess you could say this is a real breath of fresh air!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theres a Spelunky 2 happening :stare:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

is there some kind of e3 happening that all these game announcements are going out today

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cowcaster posted:

is there some kind of e3 happening that all these game announcements are going out today

Paris Games Week, Sony event just started (and has been running preshow for an hour).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

It's Paris Games Week.

I hope we hear something about Life is Strange 2!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

does france like videogames

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Cowcaster posted:

It's the soccer continent do you want to guess what their number 1 game is?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Ubisoft is French

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

#1 Top-Selling Game Studio on Earth Ubisoft is a French company.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Jay Rust posted:

Ubisoft is French

this doesn't answer the question

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

#1 Game Studio of My Heart Dontnod is French also.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

come to think of it arkane's main branch is french too

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Of hey, Sucker Punch finally announced what the hell they've been up to (it appears to be sooner sort of samurai game)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

We have not really spoken before, but I have no issue with france.

• Locked thread