Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Manoueverable posted:

And the Cardinals (sorry Cards bros :( )

no it's correct. I'm not even sure if the Cardinals can win another game this season. Maybe the Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Alright, so the 49ers get home games against the Cardinals (in two weeks) and the Giants (in three weeks), and those look like our best shots by far to not go 0-16, given that the Rams will probably not be resting starters in Week 17.

Did we really just play Eric Reid at LB?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

rjmccall posted:

Alright, so the 49ers get home games against the Cardinals (in two weeks) and the Giants (in three weeks), and those look like our best shots by far to not go 0-16, given that the Rams will probably not be resting starters in Week 17.

Did we really just play Eric Reid at LB?

he looks as big as deone bucannon or mark barron so go for it

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I’ve enjoyed the Rams season so far up to the bye, now they have a murderous schedule going forward so welp

Maybe not team-wise so much, but the Rams just went through a murderous traveling road trip and came out of it 2-0.

I'll miss them not having a game next week, but the bye is much needed before they fly out east again to play the giants.

5-2. :stare:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Maybe not team-wise so much, but the Rams just went through a murderous traveling road trip and came out of it 2-0.

I'll miss them not having a game next week, but the bye is much needed before they fly out east again to play the giants.

Just think, if Cooper Kupp could catch a pass in the end zone you'd be 6-1 and in complete control of your division.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

Just think, if Cooper Kupp could catch a pass in the end zone you'd be 6-1 and in complete control of your division.

True, but I don't think about that cuz "coulda, shoulda, woulda," you know?

Again, during the Fisher era, that opportunity never would have happened.

I know Cooper Kupp took that drop real hard, but the Rams still have faith in him. He scored today with a nice catch and run. I'll always be on the Cooper Kupp train.

In conclusion: gently caress Jeff Fisher.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Reid lost free safety to Ward and strong safety to Tartt. Kind of doubt he's long for the roster.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Cards fan, checking in. :suicide:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

That's true, I thought for sure they would come away from the last three games with maybe one win and they got 2 out of 3. They have the Texans, @Vikings, Saints, Eagles and @Seahawks over their last 9 games who are all clearly ticking up, so hopefully they continue to win the games they are supposed to and get 2 more wins out of that group?

The defense/special teams really look like they are coming together after a rough start. Since the second half of the Dallas game they've allowed only 39 points in 14 quarters and scored 2 TDs on special teams.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Yeah that extra bump in their road trip really helped the Rams out.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Any hawks/texans streams?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Reddit dot com slash r slash nfl streams

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
C.J. sure got Beathard today

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Benne posted:

C.J. sure got Beathard today

The Niner's o-line had so many injuries, it was basically indistinguishable from Seattle's :(

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Remove the “good defenses” from the title.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
NFC West: We don't talk about the 49ers anymore.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If the Niners lose the next four they will have gone two full calendar years winning only 3 games, all against the sy louis (not la) rams

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Relevant: jim harbaugh was fired because he was mean to jed

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Spoeank posted:

If the ? lose the next four they will have gone two full calendar years winning only 3 games, all against the sy louis (not la) rams

The who? :confused:

edit: :v:

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

Relevant: jim harbaugh was fired because he was mean to jed

worth it

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
?/Cards next week should not be allowed to happen.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Spoeank posted:

If the Niners lose the next four they will have gone two full calendar years winning only 3 games, all against the sy louis (not la) rams

The last team they beat literally does not exist anymore.

Fitting.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

The last team they beat literally does not exist anymore.

Fitting.

Haha! drat.

King Hong Kong posted:

Remove the “good defenses” from the title.

*Ahem*

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I haven't had a chance to watch a lot of football this year

Does Solomon Thomas at least look worthy of a no 3 pick?

I will be satisfied if the niners just hit on one super-early pick.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Nah gently caress! They won in LA last year. Dammit that'll teach me.

That'll be correct with a little editing. Two wins at home, both St. Louis. There we go. Nailed it.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Haha! drat.

*Ahem*

*Ahem*

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201709210sfo.htm

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Seahawks had 479 yards.

Of which Wilson contributed 482 yards.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

algebra testes posted:

Seahawks had 479 yards.

Of which Wilson contributed 482 yards.

Wilson was incredible, seriously. But I don't like Seattle's chances in the playoffs if they can't run. 3rd and short feels like a giant wall right now, and its way worse in the red zone.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
At this point I'd rather see what McKissic can do with more carries, Lacy and Rawls are totally washed.

Miss you Carson :(

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

shirts and skins posted:

Wilson was incredible, seriously. But I don't like Seattle's chances in the playoffs if they can't run. 3rd and short feels like a giant wall right now, and its way worse in the red zone.

Agreed, I hate to say it but we'll probably be one and done no matter how great Russ and the defense play

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
I thought McKissic kinda hosed up his finger on that pass he didn't catch tho, what are the chances we have so many underwhelming RBs vs our O-line completely forgot how to block for them?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I only caught a bit of the Seahawks-Texans game, but the Seahawks will go as far as Russell-Wilson-Bullshit will get them. All the plays I saw he was escaping 4 pass-rushers while launching perfect passes downfield.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
RWBS is no longer a fluke. I don't subscribe to the "you need a running game to win", although it does hamper our ability to be flexible. They need to be doing more read options.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

seiferguy posted:

RWBS is no longer a fluke. I don't subscribe to the "you need a running game to win", although it does hamper our ability to be flexible. They need to be doing more read options.

Oh my God yes, I swear on like 75% those handoffs Russell can keep for, at the very least, a positive gain if not 5-7 yards and he desperately needs to at this point to keep defenses honest

TheFace
Oct 4, 2004

Fuck anyone that doesn't wanna be this beautiful

seiferguy posted:

Wilson is having a hard enough time avoiding getting crushed on every play due to O line... now you want him to do actual designed runs to take more hits?

Only way Seahawks continue to win is keeping that man healthy.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

seiferguy posted:

A friend texted me as soon as that game was over, "that was the most bullshitty RWBS game I've ever seen"

I couldn't disagree. At some point, repeated "luck" in the same situation has to start being called Skill.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

TheFace posted:

Wilson is having a hard enough time avoiding getting crushed on every play due to O line... now you want him to do actual designed runs to take more hits?

Only way Seahawks continue to win is keeping that man healthy.

I rarely see RW take hits in a designed run. He's actually really good at sliding / running out of bounds. The times he's taking hits is when he stays in the pocket. My main thing for doing more read options was to hand it off to RBs as well. That's what made him and Marshawn so good together (and yeah, Lynch was the perfect RB for that system and all).

Also he only got sacked twice yesterday. The pass protection is improving. Run protection still sucks, but that's also on our mediocre RBs as well.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Cross posting from the N/V thread:

:effort:

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
With that said, I think most of our big plays came on play action, which the Texans D seemed to bite real hard on...why? Nobody should be respecting our run game at all.

McKissic somehow looks like the best out of our remaining RBs by which I mean he can actually get positive yardage on carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Manoueverable posted:

With that said, I think most of our big plays came on play action, which the Texans D seemed to bite real hard on...why? Nobody should be respecting our run game at all.

McKissic somehow looks like the best out of our remaining RBs by which I mean he can actually get positive yardage on carries.

The Texans playing us run-first is how they were able to stop our running game so effectively in the first place. If they had been dropping more into coverage then the Seahawks would have had more success on the ground. The Seahawks can have a good running game when the defense isn't selling out to stop it, just so long as Ifedi doesn't decide to punch himself in the dick.

• Locked thread