Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's just the one on Icy Veins, I've tried rockets and grenades.

https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/demon-hunter-marauder-sentry-cluster-arrow-build-patch-2-6-season-11

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

exquisite tea posted:

I played around on NS for a little while with the new omega gangsta Frozen Orb build. Cleared GR95 pretty easily and I'm sure it could go much higher than that. Very safe and tanky, kind of curious why they didn't buff any of the other Arcane Orb runes since Frozen is so much better now. I wish Wizardspike procced more often, watching a volley of ice balls spinning around the screen never gets old.

Could you go into more details? It's DMO-based, right?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Trashed just about everything from my season stash.

Bring on the S12 power creep.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kyrosiris posted:

Could you go into more details? It's DMO-based, right?

It's pretty basic, you use Scepter/Trium with DMO and spend all your time lobbing orbs. For jewelry I was using Endless Walk + Halo of Karini, gems were Zei + Trapped + Stricken. Furnace/Wizspike + Primus + CoE. Conduit for MW and Power of the Storm for Lightning Armor. There's probably a better way to do it but that seemed to work for max trillion+ orbage. With enough resource reduction you really only need to use primaries to keep Trium stacks rolling.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
So, I'm pretty new to Diablo (S11 was my 1st season) and with all the new patch buffs to gear, I'm wondering whether I should trash all my old gear, or did it all get updated with the new buffed stats?

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

biscuits and crazy posted:

So, I'm pretty new to Diablo (S11 was my 1st season) and with all the new patch buffs to gear, I'm wondering whether I should trash all my old gear, or did it all get updated with the new buffed stats?

Your class sets are automatically updated, but the legendary items will need to be reacquired via playing, upgrading rares, or gambling.

mewse
May 2, 2006

First Look: Season 12

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

holy poo poo, those wings

Also, got my first primal!

:shepicide:

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Also, got my first primal!

:shepicide:
u giev soj?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Nice, it came with a socket. Is there a cold wizard build that uses a SoJ?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Suspicious posted:

Nice, it came with a socket. Is there a cold wizard build that uses a SoJ?

All Primal armors and Jewelry come with a socket.

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
lol if you dont delete all your nonseason mans

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I hear primal SoJs count as three regular SoJs for the purpose of getting the Diablo Clone to spawn.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
prim soj4 40 hrs

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004

Rufio posted:

lol if you dont delete all your nonseason mans

i only play nonseason

:smugdog:

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

I don't even own a season

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Throw it all away. Embrace the chaos.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
So what's the perks of playing in a season? You just get to start a fresh character and get some goodies for completing a checklist or is it more of a score attack mode?

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I do it for the extra goodies and stash tab. And the chance to play with the new items coming in before they get added to the regular non-season game. (There's usually a few every season.)

mewse
May 2, 2006

GoingPostal posted:

And the chance to play with the new items

They don't do this anymore :ssh:

mewse
May 2, 2006

Ronnie posted:

So what's the perks of playing in a season? You just get to start a fresh character and get some goodies for completing a checklist or is it more of a score attack mode?

- Start fresh along with everyone else (grinding to 70 on season launch night is like my fav d3 time)
- Doing the season journey for funsies
- ????

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Starting fresh means you get the rush of rather rapidly gaining power all over again, and some tangible progress goals with minor reward incentive. Actual endgame D3 is a lot of grinding, and that can get wearing for some people.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

bio347 posted:

Starting fresh means you get the rush of rather rapidly gaining power all over again, and some tangible progress goals with minor reward incentive. Actual endgame D3 is a lot of grinding, and that can get wearing for some people.

Agreed. I typically play characters up until I have every piece of gear i need, and now i'm just grinding for better stats or ancients/primals and gently caress that poo poo.

Starting over each league means that I get to play my favorite part of the game again (preferably with a new character thats on the rotating bandwagon).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Find a random number generator and let it decide who you play that season.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Just LoL if you don’t rebirth your Vanilla D3 launch night character every season so that they have like 700 hours playtime

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

bio347 posted:

This is pretty much it. I will play season with friends for a week or two each reset, until we get to the point where the reward doesn't feel worth the time. The initial buildup and rush is fun. Once you get to the point where you are doing a bunch of bounty farming trying to upgrade individual armor pieces to primals/ancients, only to end up with no upgrades, it gets less fun.

Personally I am thinking barb looks pretty good in season 12. Outside of zdps he has been dumpster tier in previous seasons, and now he has multiple viable looking builds.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seraphim wings will never not creep me out.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Elentor posted:

Seraphim wings will never not creep me out.

Yeah, it reminds me of the bird/man creatures in Dark Souls 3.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
My Witch Doctor is gonna be really cool and popular and have a TON of friends

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
The only people with friends are Necromancers

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

Challenge Rift Reminder

We will have a new Challenge Rift today at 5pm 4pm ET (no more DST). Do NOT complete it until after the new season begins so that you can claim all of the materials with your level 1 character in the season and have a nice boost at the start. You can log into the Challenge Rift and explore the layout, find the pylons, and get a feel for the build so that you can 1-shot it on Thursday, but don't complete it. It should be a Witch Doctor one, so hopefully it won't be too tough.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 6, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

DrSeRRoD posted:

Challenge Rift Reminder

We will have a new Challenge Rift today at 5pm ET. Do NOT complete it until after the new season begins so that you can claim all of the materials with your level 1 character in the season and have a nice boost at the start. You can log into the Challenge Rift and explore the layout, find the pylons, and get a feel for the build so that you can 1-shot it on Thursday, but don't complete it. It should be a Witch Doctor one, so hopefully it won't be too tough.

Good advice. If you do it in a 4 man group, unless you're all really bad you will beat it first time blind. I've never had a problem doing them this way, I don't think it scales evenly with 4 folks vs. the original time so you often have a ton of extra time to beat it.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

So, this week's Challenge Rift is a standard Helltooth Garg build. It has most of the right stuff and decent damage (and spirit walk for mobility).

Floor 1 is a Silver Spire and has about 6-7 elite packs. It also has a shield pylon. You can get past 60% just on this floor. Floor 2 was a Cathedral level from Act 1, so also a decent floor. Right at the start, there's a conduit to the left and there's also a channeling pylon half-way through the map. The RG is Perdition. It should be very easy to clear this as the floors were very straight forward. Keep Wall of Death up for the pet damage buff, pirahnado big packs, watch garg 1-shot them with the 600%+ damage SMF and 4400% damage 6pc bonus, and then move on. There were lots of mobs to kill everywhere, so you won't be in a rush. I had plenty of time and was ignoring mobs looking for elites and pylons quite a bit, but the gargs kept killing.

DrSeRRoD fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Nov 6, 2017

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Tall man gargs already hit hard when the helltooth bonus was only 1500%. I wonder what kind of numbers they can put out now that it's raised to 4400%

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Larrymer posted:

Good advice. If you do it in a 4 man group, unless you're all really bad you will beat it first time blind. I've never had a problem doing them this way, I don't think it scales evenly with 4 folks vs. the original time so you often have a ton of extra time to beat it.

I've only ever tried Challenge Rifts solo -- does the target time remain the same if you play in a group, or do you have to beat it in a shorter period of time when you have a 4-man?

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I think it's same time but the enemies get harder, but not proportionally so it's still easier with a group.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

I've only ever tried Challenge Rifts solo -- does the target time remain the same if you play in a group, or do you have to beat it in a shorter period of time when you have a 4-man?

It remains the same, but the mobs have more hp.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I remember the group scaling from 1.0....

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

Tahirovic posted:

I remember the group scaling from 1.0....

Ahaha yeah, was going to post something similar; multiplicative mob damage dependant on number of players in game

Different times...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

It was the best of times, it was the Italian hell of times