Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

The Shortest Path posted:

The worst thing is when people immediately block chat and then don't have a single loving clue what they're doing but you can't even give them suggestions. Junkrat, you are the only person on our team even remotely capable of outpushing their murky, you should be doing that instead of slowly soloing camps while he pushes in our keep! :argh:

Is there a reason why this game doesn't have voice chat? It seems like it would be quite helpful..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Shapur posted:

Is there a reason why this game doesn't have voice chat? It seems like it would be quite helpful..

spaghetti code is my guess.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Shapur posted:

Quite happy it doesn't, actually. I've had enough of listening to annoying idiots after five seasons of Overwatch competitive.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
Does Starcraft 2 have voice chat?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Star posted:

Quite happy it doesn't, actually. I've had enough of listening to annoying idiots after five seasons of Overwatch competitive.

Same.

Zwiebel posted:

Does Starcraft 2 have voice chat?

I mean, the HL1 engine, which was based on the Quake 1 engine from the mid 90's, was able to have voice com added a few years after release. So if there is a tech limitation, it will be because the SC2 engine might be one of the worst engines created outside of original Minecraft.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Heroes itself does not have voice chat support, but the Blizzard App does.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Power Bottom posted:

Heroes itself does not have voice chat support, but the Blizzard App does.

I have the Blizzard App close automatically after I launch a game

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My friends and I use the blizzard app for voice. It's nice now that they've added groups that work like discord

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Talmonis posted:

I learned the hard way that Stukov makes tank Varian very sad and deceased. Had a team that ran around in a deathball tear us apart repeatedly by using push/pull/shove moves and forcing anyone willing to engage into the AOE silence. My Varian did not survive long when unable to Parry.

I don't know how this plays out at real mmr levels, but in my qm games I have come to love Stukov with a passion because this works against basically everyone. Pushing people out of the fight is hilarious and effective, and if your positioning is right, the fact you can do it every 5 seconds after level 20 is just mindbending.

His laning and silence abilities are also a blast. I can see how he can be less than reliable when it comes to healing certain comps (team has to clump up so the dot spreads), but he has become my go to support in general.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Erdricks posted:

I don't know how this plays out at real mmr levels, but in my qm games I have come to love Stukov with a passion because this works against basically everyone. Pushing people out of the fight is hilarious and effective, and if your positioning is right, the fact you can do it every 5 seconds after level 20 is just mindbending.

His laning and silence abilities are also a blast. I can see how he can be less than reliable when it comes to healing certain comps (team has to clump up so the dot spreads), but he has become my go to support in general.
In QM, it seriously, seriously depends on what sort of comps you get. If you're me, for example, every Stukov you play against is double-support (and thus a monster) and every time you play him you're the only support against ridiculous burst (and thus basically useless).

Then again, that pretty much defines my QM experience over the last week in total. Not that anything is de-facto unwinnable, of course, but the amount of double versus single support I've played is pretty illustrative.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

bio347 posted:

In QM, it seriously, seriously depends on what sort of comps you get. If you're me, for example, every Stukov you play against is double-support (and thus a monster) and every time you play him you're the only support against ridiculous burst (and thus basically useless).

Then again, that pretty much defines my QM experience over the last week in total. Not that anything is de-facto unwinnable, of course, but the amount of double versus single support I've played is pretty illustrative.
It's weird how double support just doesn't exist in gold and plat despite being omnipresent at high ranks and everyone having the experience of being wrecked by it in QM from time to time; people freak out if you hover a true support when someone else has locked one in. I think it's that assassin's can't be trusted at those ranks, like yesterday I outdamaged a kel-thuzad as rehgar even though he had a competent Arthas slowing and rooting people for him. KTZ was hovering Ana before I locked in Rehgar so we really dodged a bullet there.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Well just had a game that was Azmo, Probius, Lucio, Murky and Junkrat against the Butcher, Jaina, Sylvanas, Stukov and Nova. It lasted 14 minutes somehow. Worst part was that it put me in the game after about a 5 second wait.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
your average qm abathur player:

(outside of the 10 the talents aren't offensive and he did hat a lot)

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Well just had a game that was Azmo, Probius, Lucio, Murky and Junkrat against the Butcher, Jaina, Sylvanas, Stukov and Nova. It lasted 14 minutes somehow. Worst part was that it put me in the game after about a 5 second wait.
It took you 14 minutes to rotate through all their structures and push in their core?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

No Wave posted:

your average qm abathur player:

(outside of the 10 the talents aren't offensive and he did hat a lot)
That he always takes adrenal overload on 4 and needlespine on 7 is pretty offensive, actually. He's being matched against teams getting support from Zarya and Tassadar while he's not contributing anywhere near as much support as he could with regenerative microbes on 1 and sustained carapace on 4. MULE is a great talent on Sky Temple and sometimes others so that he never takes it reflects very poorly on him. Volatile mutation on 16 is bad but understandable if all he's contributing is a monstrosity.

The tell for a scrubathur is mine usage. If you don't see him using his mines immediately and throughout the game you're in for a bad time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
[quote="“Tibalt”" post="“477907552”"]
It took you 14 minutes to rotate through all their structures and push in their core?
[/quote]

I tried to get that going but no dice

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Mule is excellent on Blackheart's and Sky Temple, Bombard Strain and Locust Brood are fantastic, and Survival Instincts is necessary for bigger maps and amplifying pushes. Picking no L4 Nest talents is also a Mistake. Prolific gives you more wards, Ballistospheres gives you longer & global wards.

blizzard give abathur a Nest CDR talent

And Ultimate Evo should be picked much more than this fucker is taking it.

source: i got a skelethur out of a box today

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bogart posted:

Mule is excellent on Blackheart's and Sky Temple, Bombard Strain and Locust Brood are fantastic, and Survival Instincts is necessary for bigger maps and amplifying pushes. Picking no L4 Nest talents is also a Mistake. Prolific gives you more wards, Ballistospheres gives you longer & global wards.

I could've sworn Prolific had it in addition to the charge increase.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

The last thing Abathur needs is the ability to spam mines even faster. It's not as bad as it used to be thankfully, but having to play against a mine build Abathur is some of the least fun poo poo in the game this side of when Varian was queued as DPS.

They don't need to be nerfed, I'm not saying "I don't like this so make it suck." But lord knows he doesn't need more mines.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Cuntellectual posted:

I could've sworn Prolific had it in addition to the charge increase.

Huh, so it is. Could've sworn it wasn't.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

Bogart posted:

There is a nest CDR talent. It's prolific dispersal and it reduces the cooldown by 2 seconds.

I picked on a few talents but also most of this. Part of Abathur's high skill cap comes from not having a one-size-fits-all build like some heroes do. The correct build depends heavily on map, comp, and how the game is going. So it's inexplicable that this guy has spent 815 hours playing Abathur and still hasn't learned that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Oh yeah and his MVP percentage was 25%, in case you were wondering just how badly Aba breaks that calculation.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

From reddit and also the goon Discord:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfsOPAXEUUE

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This is beautiful. :allears:

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Macaluso posted:

He can easily solo camps once he gets the volley wrong ability

If you're not chilling a mile away from the teamfight instantly refilling your Taste for Explosions-buffed Q with Endless Nades, I don't know what to tell you.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That video is funny, but junkrat running towards varian for no reason is classic bad junkrat play. People can't seem to resist.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

No Wave posted:

That video is funny, but junkrat running towards varian for no reason is classic bad junkrat play. People can't seem to resist.

Also, I can understand not realizing how to maximize that situation if you weren't expecting it, but doing donuts around the core was obviously what he should have done instead of going to spawn and bouncing him free. Would have dropped him in half the time, no chance of escape.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

He clearly ran into Varian on purpose to bait his charge.

BrianBoitano posted:

They're talking about the end, once he deposited Varian in his base, and almost died to him instead of staying in the Hall of Storms lobbing nades as a ranged hero should.

Oh gotcha, my bad.

Eraflure fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Oct 31, 2017

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Eraflure posted:

He clearly ran into Varian on purpose to bait his charge.

They're talking about the end, once he deposited Varian in his base, and almost died to him instead of staying in the Hall of Storms lobbing nades as a ranged hero should.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

when i play junkrat i have a hard time controlling him sometimes cause you want your mouse to be out over the enemy to aim your grenades, and so i click the ground there to move closer when they back up, and then i move too far forward cause i gotta put my mouse the other way and my reflexes are poo poo and then i get shot at

it's a lot different from playing a regular right click assassin like lunara or valla cause you can keep your mouse around your hero and stutter step around like normal while your hero auto follows the enemy. with junkrat you gotta swing your mouse around all over the place

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

FYI, event lasts another two weeks! Save dem shards.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/925398561889513477

Also get excite for Blizzcon reveals.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I came around on doctor wolf when I saw the Hunter's Blunderbuss animation. That thing's amazing.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

No Wave posted:

I came around on doctor wolf when I saw the Hunter's Blunderbuss animation. That thing's amazing.

Oh?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009

There's an energy blast/wave where the blunderbuss hits.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I'm a super casual player who's been having a lot of fun chilling and slapping people with Auriel. Beyond what I can see at Icy Veins, do goons have any pro Auriel tips? I try to drive my team towards having a good hero bully (Tracer gave me good results, for example), I've noticed that helps.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Good Auriels have to press a lot of buttons. She may look like mercy but she's one of the tougher healers to play imo. Because you have no mana you have to sweep every second it's off cooldown and detainment strike at every opportunity. She can do a surprising amount of hero and siege damage especially in the early game.

Her biggest advantage is perma-sustain - you never have to hearth because you don't have a mana mechanic. Ideally you stay with a damage dealer (crowned) with good wave clear and your tank and have an unbeatable 3-man in the laning phase that lets you at least get a front wall before the first objective if none of you die.

In team fights heal as soon as you have a little energy and just keep healing every four seconds. You generally don't want to build up a big bar before healing unless you've hatted cho'gall, just keep healing as soon as it's off cooldown.

Main thing in general is to always be sweeping, it lets you heal more and there is zero cost attached to it beyond the cooldown (which still feels weird to me tbh). Your playmaking ability is detainment strikes and aegises (which is ideally done when a target being focused still has half of their life left). Don't pick resurrect.

(I am not a pro Auriel)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Oct 31, 2017

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Thing that annoys me the most when I'm playing with an Auriel: People who don't know how crown works.
Thing that annoys me the most when I'm playing as Auriel: no real good detainment opportunities most of the time
Second thing that annoys me: Can't heal people you've Aegised.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Another alternative to HOTSlogs has risen, this time literally called hots.dog.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Long live the hots dog
Upload all your replays to hotsapi.net to increase the power of the hots dog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

How the gently caress does Cho have a higher winrate than Gall?

Does it only record plays and win/loss for the person who submitted and not everyone in their game, or something? Because that seems hella dumb.