Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Woof Blitzer posted:

The only time they'll be flying raptors

A Danish soldier did this on national TV and his falcon or hawk or whatever flew directly in front of a truck and got turned into its component atoms #ArmyDumb

Tias fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Tias posted:

A Danish soldier did this on national TV and his falcon or hawk or whatever flew directly in front of a truck and got turned into its component atoms #ArmyDumb

Either you're misremembering that it was a Danish soldier, or trained raptor / truck interactions in Denmark are more common than you'd expect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkuo7-sefEQ

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
It wasn't trained, it was trucked

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Highly trained avians? In MY windshield? It's more likely than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoKzBDq5Sk

Mzuri
Jun 5, 2004

Who's the boss?
Dudes is lost.
Don't think coz I'm iced out,
I'm cooled off.

Tias posted:

It was a trained hunting falcon sent off by a hunter on a hunting show about hunting. The Army is still dumb, though.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

shame on an IGA posted:

Highly trained avians? In MY windshield? It's more likely than you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnoKzBDq5Sk

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0TDOrAaabA

Owl was supposed to be the ring bearer.

They ain't called bird brains for nothin.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

windshipper posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j0TDOrAaabA

Owl was supposed to be the ring bearer.

They ain't called bird brains for nothin.

Owls are usually not used for falconry because they're not as smart as the other raptors.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Owls are usually not used for falconry because they're not as smart as the other raptors.

I mean true, but they're all bird brains.

Bird brains against a windshield on the highway of life.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Inter-branch enmity has gone too far!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Hearts and minds but not oxygen

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Mzuri posted:

It was a trained hunting falcon sent off by a hunter on a hunting show about hunting. The Army is still dumb, though.

My bad. That was the one I was thinking of, don't know why I remembered it as a soldier :downs:

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
This 26yo E-5 on our team who is somehow on only his first deployment keeps having like weird freak outs and complains constantly despite saying he doesn’t complain at all and his constantly trying to act tough. Basically I’m an idiot because I’m still in this dumb poo poo organization and I’m going to get shot by a man child who threw a hissy fit when we went to a Mediterranean restaurant in Doha because it didn’t have spaghetti.

Should be loving slapped every time you complain about “the liberals” while crying about having to take a combat shower and having to share a CHU with one other person.

I’m just tired of listening to someone who non stop bitched about Al Udeid despite literally not even being held to a schedule unlike some members of the team and complaining about not going forward then when we forward deploy he just bitches even more about this place. I’ve loving regular deployed to significantly more auster places than where we are at right now and we currently have other teams who come back with pictures of the ditches they slept in but this guy still won’t shut the gently caress up about wanting to go back to Al Udeid. He still won’t even be put on a schedule when we get back but I sure as gently caress would be but you better believe that doesn’t even begin to enter the equation.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Oct 30, 2017

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cenen posted:

Should be loving slapped every time you complain about “the liberals” while crying about having to take a combat shower and having to share a CHU with one other person.

Be the change you want to see in the world

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Cenen posted:

This 26yo E-5 on our team who is somehow on only his first deployment keeps having like weird freak outs and complains constantly despite saying he doesn’t complain at all and his constantly trying to act tough. Basically I’m an idiot because I’m still in this dumb poo poo organization and I’m going to get shot by a man child who threw a hissy fit when we went to a Mediterranean restaurant in Doha because it didn’t have spaghetti.

I’m just tired of listening to someone who non stop bitched about Al Udeid despite literally not even being held to a schedule unlike some members of the team and complaining about not going forward then when we forward deploy he just bitches even more about this place. I’ve loving regular deployed to significantly more auster places than where we are at right now and we currently have other teams who come back with pictures of the ditches they slept in but this guy still won’t shut the gently caress up about wanting to go back to Al Udeid. He still won’t even be put on a schedule when we get back but I sure as gently caress would be but you better believe that doesn’t even begin to enter the equation.

Tell him to shut the gently caress up?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Cenen posted:

You should try hitting him

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Thump! posted:

You should try hitting him

Yeah. If you're gonna get into a fight and not get in trouble for it, it's deployed.

"You speak like someone, who has never been smacked in the loving mouth. That's ok we have the remedy." - Puscifer "Remedy"
edit: I guess the whole song is about people like him.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Start a betting pool for when he's going to sneak out to become a mercenary/hike to the next base to complain about command conditions

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

canyoneer posted:

Start a betting pool for when he's going to sneak out to become a mercenary/hike to the next base to complain about command conditions

Didn't they promote to the last guy who did the latter? Point that out to him.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Cenen posted:

What the gently caress

quote:

Is combat shower what I've read where you only turn on the water for a short period of time before and after you lather? What a loving baby.

quote:

Maybe those Navy SEALS had the right idea.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Combat or field shower is a baby wipe. Still better than nothing, your balls will thank you.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PathAsc posted:

Combat or field shower is a baby wipe. Still better than nothing, your balls will thank you.

A baby wipe fit for a baby.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Wait, I thought combat shower was the “shampoo on head, nut to butt.” And field shower was baby wipes.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Pretty sure that a combat shower is when a bunch of dudes in uniform all bust a nut on some dude in the center of a circle at the same time.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Three dudes in a shower stall, turn on the water, start jumping, throw in a bar of soap.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

THIS IS NOT GAY IT IS COMBAT EXPEDIENT! WARRIOR AIRMAN! HOOOH!!
*In garrison, while talking about animes.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

one of my memorable experiences from my time in the guard was at Annual Training when we were all showing in a big "bay shower" and my platoon leader was discussing his police force's fitness exam and proceeded to tell me how they did the squatting high jump.

Good times, good dude...

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Eh the two places I’ve gone that have had “combat showers” it was always the water, lather, water showering alone deal.

I’ve also only ever seen dirt boys settle their issues with fists and I’m guessing smacking someone isn’t going to go over well in a medical command.

It’s not like I don’t complain out here or that others don’t either, like I get it it sucks out here but loving come on I get it’s Air Force medical but it’s not even that bad out here and I try and keep my complaints minimal and definitely don’t air them out in front of our team lead who has had to talk to him more than once since he told her to shut up after she told him to stop complaining.

The only reason I made the first post at all was because his millionth complaint out here was that I smack my lips while I eat but instead of just saying that he spends about three minutes complaining about how it’s annoying and I need to stop doing it then he started rubbing his temples and mumbling to himself and it took almost everything in me to not throw some homosexual slurs at him and take a swing at his tistic face and I figured posting was healthier than that.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Oct 31, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Cenen posted:

Eh the two places I’ve gone that have had “combat showers” it was always the water, lather, water showering alone deal.

I’ve also only ever seen dirt boys settle their issues with fists and I’m guessing smacking someone isn’t going to go over well in a medical command.

It’s not like I don’t complain out here or that others don’t either, like I get it it sucks out here but loving come on I get it’s Air Force medical but it’s not even that bad out here and I try and keep my complaints minimal and definitely don’t air them out in front of our team lead who has had to talk to him more than once since he told her to shut up after she told him to stop complaining.

The only reason I made the first post at all was because his millionth complaint out here was that I smack my lips while I eat but instead of just saying that he spends about three minutes complaining about how it’s annoying and I need to stop doing it then he started rubbing his temples and mumbling to himself and it took almost everything in me to not throw some homosexual slurs at him and take a swing at his tistic face and I figured posting was healthier than that.

Sounds like one or the other of you is going to snap pretty soon. Gopro that poo poo and remember, its him or you.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

A combat shower is when you jump in the muddy ditch and drink the water, cleaning you out of both ends.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

We rigged a decon tent to let us take showers when we were in Haiti and apparently there was a "purge" button that made it shoot out boiling loving water or something. Felt like it, but to be honest all day in the Haiti heat and anything but cold water is gonna feel hot. That cold water felt so loving good.

Also, people always looked at me for bringing buckets into the field until they need something to wash themselves with. It cost no room to take them either, just put the bucket in at the bottom of your stupid A bag before you pack it.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PathAsc posted:

I've done that on field work where there's no chance of a shower. One wipe for face/neck/pits in that order, one for shaft/sack/crack in that order. You sleep a ton better not sticking to yourself every time you move around.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Memento posted:

I've done that on field work where there's no chance of a shower. One wipe for face/neck/pits in that order, one for shaft/sack/crack in that order. You sleep a ton better not sticking to yourself every time you move around.

Rip the wipe in half, use the money you save for retirement cigarettes

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

PathAsc posted:

We used to just call that a bitch bath or a whore bath.

What was nice was being able to heat up a lot of water in ammo cans using the tank exhaust. Still pretty much a whore bath but a wet washcloth beats a baby wipe.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Itchy_Grundle posted:

What was nice was being able to heat up a lot of water in ammo cans using the tank exhaust. Still pretty much a whore bath but a wet washcloth beats a baby wipe.

Good username for the subject imo

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

PathAsc posted:

Rip the wipe in half, use the money you save for retirement cigarettes

I'm an exploration geologist, I ain't payin' for poo poo.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can I be your house boy

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Itchy_Grundle posted:

isn't tank exhaust a carcinogen

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

ugh its Troika posted:

So is everything else in the Army. Why do you think they were the lowest bidder?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

ugh its Troika posted:

Basically every military base is a superfund site, so that's probably the healthiest thing he's ingested since basic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Godholio posted:

Basically every military base is a superfund site, so that's probably the healthiest thing he's ingested since basic.

Fort Wainwright had to condemn an entire neighborhood before anyone even moved in because contractors tested the soil and found some nasty contaminants (and getting the area designated as a superfund site).

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local...19bb30f31a.html

quote:

Army officials originally thought the contamination was limited to a small area of the 54-acre site, but further testing revealed the presence of PCBs over a wider area. Contractors eventually dug up nearly 8 acres, reaching depths of up to 18 feet, and removed more than 3,300 cubic yards of contaminated soil. Workers also removed more than 300 tons of scrap metal that included a mix of training munitions, inert bombs, tank treads, old rocket fins and parts of bazooka rounds.

Bonus:

quote:

http://dec.alaska.gov/Applications/SPAR/PublicMVC/CSP/SiteReport/4140