Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
I'm trying to think about what sort of list I'd write for my Blood Angels to stand a chance against what we're seeing of nids and I'm honestly drawing a blank. They're better in assault, especially with Guants potentially causing mortal wounds, have far more table presence and so will have the advantage for objectives, and also look like they're going to be a lot better at shooting. Maybe flyer spam?

It's feeling worse and worse to be an index army these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Oooo more Tyranid bits from the WD:

Living battering ram; finishes a charge on a 4+ 1 enemy unit within 1" suffers a m w. In addition add 1 to all hit rolls in the fight phase that charged in the same turn. Is the +1 to hit when charging new?

Devourer and brainleech are now Assault 6 - S6 AP- D1

Bio-plasmic scream is 18" Assault D6 - S7 AP -4 D1

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
November 11th can't come soon enough.

Sadly, the codex cutoff for being allowed at the renegade open is November 4th.

Assuming the price is the same, it would be 194 points for a flyrant with monstrous rending claws and 12 devourer shots. With higher toughness, more wounds and a better invuln. That would make me very happy.

Master Twig fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 31, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

TKIY posted:

Devourer and brainleech are now Assault 6 - S6 AP- D1
Dakkafexes are back :pcgaming:

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug

Pendent posted:

I'm trying to think about what sort of list I'd write for my Blood Angels to stand a chance against what we're seeing of nids and I'm honestly drawing a blank. They're better in assault, especially with Guants potentially causing mortal wounds, have far more table presence and so will have the advantage for objectives, and also look like they're going to be a lot better at shooting. Maybe flyer spam?

It's feeling worse and worse to be an index army these days.

My completely unsubstantiated feeling is that BAs will follow Tyranids if only because of recent fluff.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Yeah, ping-ponging Screamer Killers via Kraken is going to be hilarious.

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'm really curious if OOE is locked into Behemoth though. If he is that's fine, but if he's not that makes Kraken Screamer-Killer packs hilariously dangerous.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

TKIY posted:

I'm really curious if OOE is locked into Behemoth though. If he is that's fine, but if he's not that makes Kraken Screamer-Killer packs hilariously dangerous.

He's not locked into a specific hive fleet, but he does have to use the Behemoth trait if he's the warlord. Same with Swarmlord / Leviathan.

Master Twig posted:

November 11th can't come soon enough.

Sadly, the codex cutoff for being allowed at the renegade open is November 4th.

Assuming the price is the same, it would be 194 points for a flyrant with monstrous rending claws and 12 devourer shots. With higher toughness, more wounds and a better invuln. That would make me very happy.

Basic Flyrant, MRC and Brainleech devourer are the same points (170 + 0 + 7 + 7). Other options (boneswords, scything talons) got cheaper. Not sure on AG/TS.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Codex: Jeb

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

They nerfed clapping :smith:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

FTFY

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

xtothez posted:

Yeah, I always thought the rule was a bit of a waste before; by the time SitW did anything you were probably in range to kill the psyker anyway. Letting it cover against Smite range is a big improvement.

I need to see the exact rule wording to know if this is going to work, but I had an idea for spore mines:

1) Drop max units of spore mines / mucolids during deployment 12" from enemy
2) Move 3+D6" toward enemy in your first turn
3) Use Metabolic Movement strat to move another 3+D6"
4) If you rolled an average of 2" or more on your two advance rolls you're now within range to explode in the charge phase. The charge restriction on Metabolic Movement doesn't matter at all.

There's also a stratagem to generate 2 free spore mine units during deployment.

Soooooo on top of this...

There's a 3CP 'Spore field' stratagem that lets you generate two full units of spore mines just after deployment. Now in matched play, stratagems used before the first turn can be used more than once. Spore mines also have a rule explicitly stating they don't cost reinforcement points in matched play.

Depending how effective you want your main army to be, you can easily squeeze 20-30CP out of 2k army using some combination of Tyranids / GSC / AM. That means you can gain around 1000pts of free spore mines at the start of the game and literally just wall off an opponent's army.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's sooo cool that the striking scorpions' scorpion's claw was buffed. no more -1 to hit. what a brutal buff for karadras, he's gonna be an even bigger part of my lists than was already the case

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

xtothez posted:

nonsense madness

I was under the impression you couldn't combine Tyranids and IG in a GSC force; you had to pick one or the other?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Nids look really good. Not gonna jump on them immediately because gently caress painting another horde army, but they look solid for the first time in ages.

Prediction: Dakka tears or lots of people still complaining about Guard and Guilliman?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

All this gunline Tyranid talk breaks my heart. Just let your boys out to play.

:smith:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I will say that it is complete bullshit that Exocrines got a points drop of all things. The amount of damage they can put out combined with the ability to shoot twice in a turn is just obscene.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I bought myself a Sicaran Venator in a moment of shameful Hammery. Seeing the fuckers right in front of you in the cabinets at Warhammer World is a temptation.

Any advice for sticking it together? I've worked with Resin but nothing of this size before.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Buglord

Safety Factor posted:

I will say that it is complete bullshit that Exocrines got a points drop of all things. The amount of damage they can put out combined with the ability to shoot twice in a turn is just obscene.

I really do love those drat things. Even charging them is terribly dangerous and they're grossly tough. I had Marneus Calgar and five Terminators charge in and it killed two in overwatch and then tanked them for two turns.

Arson Fire
Oct 8, 2010

Oath Breaker about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

TheChirurgeon posted:

I was under the impression you couldn't combine Tyranids and IG in a GSC force; you had to pick one or the other?

It's covered in the GSC section of the Xenos 2 FAQ.

quote:

Q: Can I have a Battle-forged army that consists of one Detachment of Genestealer Cults, one Detachment of Astra Militarum(using the Brood Brothers rule) and one Detachment of Tyranids?
A: Yes.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

TheChirurgeon posted:

Nah. They have the Tyranid keyword so you can mix and match there - you need a pure GSC detach to get an IG detach, but you can do like the faq says, or even mix/match in your Tyranid detachment, as long as your GSC one stays pure.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Ah, well fair enough. By all means, carry on with your friend-making army list

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
You can also take single Mucolid Spores, single Lictors, and single Biovores, along with Rippers, to make The Cheapest Brigade

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

SteelMentor posted:

I bought myself a Sicaran Venator in a moment of shameful Hammery. Seeing the fuckers right in front of you in the cabinets at Warhammer World is a temptation.

Any advice for sticking it together? I've worked with Resin but nothing of this size before.

Start with one side, then file and pin the middle hull pieces to it, then do the same to mate the combined tank with the remaining side

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
I finally have started to get around to painting up my magnetized Grey Knight dreadnoughts, which I bought originally for the classic rifleman setup before it was buried in successive codices. I'm planning on running them as Index dreads:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Picked up the Eldat codex. Quick question, does the Biel-Tan army trait work for the Maugetar?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

Picked up the Eldat codex.
At GW bought Eldat post mote later.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Boon posted:

Picked up the Eldat codex. Quick question, does the Biel-Tan army trait work for the Maugetar?

RAW, no, the book is clear what counts. Well probably need an faq

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Boon posted:

He has a rerolls rule built in anyway no?

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Also he doesn't have the <craftworld> tag and wouldnt get the biel tan bonus anyway?

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
There’s an explicit “heroes of legend” rule that means including a Phoenix lord doesn’t break a craftworlds detachment, but that the Phoenix lord themself doesn’t get the bonus.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just can't wait for 2+ save carnifex with -1 to hit . It's so nasty.
The first thing I'm going to do is run a 10 carnifex list with Old One Eye.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Holy gently caress codex Tyranids are even scarier than the index :eyepop:

It's like they're trying to make up for several editions of poo poo all at once

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Ah okay. I haven't played for a year and a half so I'm getting used to the new mechanics

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.

Boon posted:

Ah okay. I haven't played for a year and a half so I'm getting used to the new mechanics

The Eldar book has only been out for a week, I expect there to be several th8ngs in it that cause some degree of confusion.

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me
Codex: Craftworlds is actually surprisingly well-written with very little ambiguity. It's almost like they actually care about Eldar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Phyresis posted:

Codex: Craftworlds is actually surprisingly well-written with very little ambiguity. It's almost like they actually care about Eldar

Or maybe they saw the screeching debates about how grinding advance worked