Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

My the Apollo I hatch door glass sure is black :stare:

It's smoked glass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

It's smoked glass

Well yeah

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

DICK DICER posted:

En route to Kennedy, todays launch is still a go :getin:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIky9KbaWc4

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy god where to start today. Sleeping in Port St. John tonight. Many pictures to upload. Todays ride was about 5 miles before leaving Tittiesville, out to Kennedy, then back and south.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

One of these things expels thousands of tons of hot gasses

The other is a Saturn V.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

If you swing by Cocoa Beach you can check out that rocket engine that's for sale that I posted in the other thread.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost

Previa_fun posted:

The other is a Saturn V.

:perfect:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Previa_fun posted:

The other is a Saturn V.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DICK DICER posted:

Holy god where to start today. Sleeping in Port St. John tonight. Many pictures to upload. Todays ride was about 5 miles before leaving Tittiesville, out to Kennedy, then back and south.

Get this same picture under the one at the museum in Huntsville, AL if you end up near there.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A romantic dinner on the road with the love of my life

Would you care for any pizza with your cheese, sir?

Home for tonight.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Kelsey’s pizza is ok imo but I really like their Greek Salads

E: as you get closer to cocoa, you should check out Indian River Dr. It runs parallel to US1 but it’s next to the river and is v pretty. It’ll take you pretty much right to Cocoa Village

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Oct 31, 2017

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

In for this thread. ❤️

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Whoops county parks you cant sleep in

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug
Thanks for sharing your awesome adventure with us, Dave. Much love.

dubzee
Oct 23, 2008

Here's some inspiration for your trip:

Cycling from Canada to Mexico would be a tough challenge for most cyclists. Incredibly, Karen Darke "pedalled" the 2,000 miles (3,219km) using only her arms.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
:getin:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ahh yes, Sun+Maid, a pretty white lady picking California grapes. I like to imagine the camaraderie she has with the other grape pickers out there in the sweltering California Napa county summers.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
A church gave me a bus punch card so im taking it to Melbourne. Man i dont feel good. Crushing headache, nausea, shaky. Eating raisins to keep up my strength.

actually only the last line is tongue in cheek

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

DICK DICER posted:

Man i dont feel good. Crushing headache, nausea, shaky.

Oh no :( Any idea what's wrong?

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

How much water are you drinking? Not energy drinks, actual legit water.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dagen H posted:

Oh no :( Any idea what's wrong?

the change is happening

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Pham Nuwen posted:

How much water are you drinking? Not energy drinks, actual legit water.

Had about 40 oz of water, ate breakfast, might just be a travelling bug. Or Floridamaningitis

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

DICK DICER posted:

Or Floridamaningitis

Oh poo poo. That's usually fatal.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Well he's skipping the peanuts, obvs. You can't travel with half a gorp and expect to make it far

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Seminal Flu posted:

Oh poo poo. That's usually fatal.
But Floridamaningitis isn't directly fatal, it kills you through you making really stupid decisions. Surely 14 is thoroughly inoculated for that by this point?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Orange Goblin - Death of Aquarius

https://youtu.be/FDUWDPMlNl0

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Legit starting to feel like absolute dog cock

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Likely dehydration and/or low blood sugar. A trip like this can and will deplete more water than your body can take in. Take breaks when you need to and remember to eat.

It sounds silly to remind someone to do something as simple as eating but if your blood sugar dips too low, you wake up in the ER of some strange small town. Or worse. Hypoglycemia sucks.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
in the unlikely event that you do fall on this journey we will hold your vigil and shout from the mountaintops that you made it farther than another goon who didn't even get out of the park he started in

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

DICK DICER posted:

Had about 40 oz of water, ate breakfast, might just be a travelling bug. Or Floridamaningitis

Drink more water. I drink at least 100oz when touring all day. 200 or more when it is hot.
If you aren't pissing clear all the time, you're not drinking enough tbh.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Don't forget to get some electrolytes with all that water though. Water poisoning is very real.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
I would like to share my love of Skwincher with this thread. You can get it on Amazon or anywhere that sells industrial safety products.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Also, I recommend no just eating a few big meals. Eat all the time with a fair amount of simple sugars. If you don't go for the energy food, honey buns can be surprisingly effective (and cheap).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

nm posted:

honey buns can be surprisingly effective (and cheap).

And tasty. Those and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Holy crap im a god drat retard, it was coffee withdrawls

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Note to self, two pots with breakfast before the red bulls not such a good idea

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

DICK DICER posted:

Holy crap im a god drat retard, it was coffee withdrawls

Gotta have the Joe.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Okay so  I hit a divot for the sidewalk, impact jarred my water bottle flying, i reflexively tried to grab it on the fly, succeeded in putting a ski ball return type spin on it, beaned myself square in the tip of the dick, and managed to run it over as well

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
All aboard the Rotten Guts and Busted Nuts Express!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

DICK DICER posted:

Okay so  I hit a divot for the sidewalk, impact jarred my water bottle flying, i reflexively tried to grab it on the fly, succeeded in putting a ski ball return type spin on it, beaned myself square in the tip of the dick, and managed to run it over as well

You ran over your dick? :ohdear:

• Locked thread