Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Allarion posted:

Focus on the main story objectives first till you get the boss warning. Then you can spend the rest of time doing other stuff. Though if side stuff happens to be in the same area, then you can do those too. It’s one of the later chapters, I think chapter 5 where ignoring the main story will cost you cause it’ll force you to use up days as part of its steps

Also I wish I had an actual day counter instead of a hard to interpret moon graphic. And I wish I could actually use a variety of servans, instead of being shackled to the ones that have barrier-clearing abilities...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The worst game I ever played multiple times was Shadow the Hedgehog because I was getting all of the 'main' endings for my friends. To my credit it was loving hilarious.

The worst RPG I ever played multiple times was probably the Lufia 2 remake.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Tactics Ogre.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

U-DO Burger posted:

Beyond the Beyond. Maybe 3 or 4 times.

I did this too. :sigh:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Infinity Gaia posted:

Also I wish I had an actual day counter instead of a hard to interpret moon graphic. And I wish I could actually use a variety of servans, instead of being shackled to the ones that have barrier-clearing abilities...

Thankfully, the barriers stay down once you clear them, though can't do much about flying unfortunately. Aluche will say it's the last day when you're on the last day at least, which is basically a fully covered moon if you wanna risk it.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i was gonna say star ocean 2 but that's kind of cheating because while it's a badgame, it's still good in weird ways

and then i remembered that i played star ocean 3 twice, and that's actually just a bad game

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

hmmm. if we're limiting it to rpgs, then probably grandia 2.

Grandia 2 fuckin owns tho

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I played through Final Fantasy I and Dragon Warrior several times each back in the NES days. I enjoyed them a lot back then but boy howdy have they aged poorly

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

it does. i would like to think all the games ive played multiple times do. it's just probably the least good out of all of them

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

DQ7

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The worst game I've played multiple times is probably Fire Emblem Fates Revelation, which isn't that bad on the scale of how bad games can get. And that replay was because of my first playthrough was in the Japanese version. Worst game I've ever completed was the original Neptunia but I didn't play it twice.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...
The worst game I ever played through twice (at least) is Wild Arms 4; I was incredibly depressed when I was playing it and, because it's an incredibly depressing game, I ended up mildly obsessed with it, playing through it I think three times total (once regular, once with whatever NG+ nonsense was in it, and once with all characters in their original equipment, because you couldn't sell it so I assumed it was somehow significant).

That last bit is the only challenge run-type thing I have ever done in a game, and I spent it on Wild Arms 4.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Kild posted:

World of FF coming to PC in 3 weeks. How was it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52m0v2BscOQ

Do you like excessively slow combat?

Kild posted:

Last Remnant

Same, only I didn't even beat it once because it's so bad. The game is world class garbage and has the worst combat system I've ever seen. I've heard the PC version is better, and might not let you unknowingly ruin party members (like letting the 4 armed cat guy learn magic instead of staying pure melee), but it's still a fundamentally bad game.

I'd sooner play Suikoden 4 and Dragon Quarter than play Last Remnant.

WrightOfWay posted:

Tactics Ogre.

:frogout:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

CaptainRat posted:

The worst game I ever played through twice (at least) is Wild Arms 4; I was incredibly depressed when I was playing it and, because it's an incredibly depressing game, I ended up mildly obsessed with it, playing through it I think three times total (once regular, once with whatever NG+ nonsense was in it, and once with all characters in their original equipment, because you couldn't sell it so I assumed it was somehow significant).

That last bit is the only challenge run-type thing I have ever done in a game, and I spent it on Wild Arms 4.

What's depressing is that even if you get obsessed with WA4 you can't 100% the game because it's glitched to all hell

Dragonturtle
Feb 23, 2017

The worst I've played would probably be the Agarest series. What really makes them bad is that they take an interesting concept with the family generations idea and then just run everything straight into the ground by throwing multiple characters at you that you don't care about in the slightest, incredibly unfun gameplay that just feels like a tedious slog, and then tops it off with skeevy fanservice bait because Compile Heart.

It really is kind of a shame because the idea of playing a family that is stuck fighting what feels like an eternal war knowing that their children and grandchildren will be marching off to their deaths while in their twenties to stave off the world being destroyed is a really interesting story hook that they never really explore with too much detail. There is potential for some really interesting stuff in the setting but they just drop the ball incredibly hard.

Mechanically the games kind of work but there is so much wasted potential within the setting and they're just so damned unfun to play along with having missable content and a meandering story that goes nowhere.

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

the worst game ive played through MULTIPLE times is the neverwinter nights 2 OC, which I somehow manage to enjoy

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Is Zwei2 any good? It looks a little like Gurumin to me so I'm interested, but not $26 interested.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Liver Disaster posted:

Is Zwei2 any good? It looks a little like Gurumin to me so I'm interested, but not $26 interested.

if it's anything like its spiritual sequel nayuta on the psp, it kicks rear end and is way better than gurumin, and almost definitely has a better localization. i bought it but i haven't played it yet cause i'm still playing zwei 1

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Arc the Lad Twilight of Spirits or maybe Unlimited Saga. One of those two.

Runner's up would probably be one of the Golden Sun games that isn't the first one, but I don't think I actually finished it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I beat Stella Deus.

I cannot say I enjoyed it.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Liver Disaster posted:

For a game that starts with one of the leads dogfighting a cat riding a dragon in his biplane it's gotta a surprisingly similarly chill tone.
Also Ragna's mini-portrait can totally be confused with Parin's.

The distinguishing gimmick is that you've got two characters --- and they each get a separate attack button, so switching between them is wayyy more
smooth than the 3-character Ys games.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Mokinokaro posted:

I beat Stella Deus.

I beat Hoshigami.

Never again.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mokinokaro posted:

I beat Stella Deus.

sorry buddy but right now our derail is about bad games you've finished multiple times so now you have to play through it again

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I played Stella Deus way back when I didn't know Persona was a thing, so I had no "ooh, same artist" type of feel.

I stopped like maybe 7 hours in, before I realized the mechanics suck, it's slow, and the battles were just the grindy type where you don't really lose if you mess up.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Mind you I didn't hate Lost Dimension.
It's just a game that left little/no impression with me once I finished it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

The moon seal or whatever actually has some subtle marks in the pattern that line up with the counter I've noticed, or maybe I'm just getting confirmation bias. New game+ apparently eliminates the timer so I wouldn't sweat missing stuff too much. Also only the quests with the red clocks are lost between chapters.

And yeah, the need to run the servans with barrier clears over other ones is probably my biggest annoyance so far.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/teioh/status/925559030629543936

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jesus. Most people just put razorblades in the children's candy. That's a little extreme.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the nukes will fall and gamestop will still have pre-owned copies of time and eternity for 15 bucks

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Endorph posted:

the nukes will fall and gamestop will still have pre-owned copies of time and eternity for 15 bucks

the twilight zone episode where all his xbox breaks

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't think I've ever beaten a game I disliked twice, I finished Star Ocean V once but that more just boring than outright bad

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmao

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

Stray unsold and returned copies of Time and Eternity are gonna lurk in EB Games/Gamestops for all time until eternity.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I had a gamestop rep get aggressive when I tried to return Time and Eternity, so I ate the $20 and here it still lives.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

I'll probably like it eventually, I liked Stella Glow and Witch and the Hundred Knight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Liver Disaster posted:

I'll probably like it eventually, I liked Stella Glow and Witch and the Hundred Knight.

If ever there was a cry for help...:stare:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Who's hyped for Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 next year????

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sakurazuka posted:

Who's hyped for Witch and the Hundred Knight 2 next year????

Maybe the gameplay won't be bad!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I was so sure that second playthrough would turn me around on The After Years :sigh: