Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Backpfeifengesicht.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

nwo hatchet man posted:

Tell me more about these alt right terrorists killing people around the globe on a daily basis

Hey nwo hatchet man, remember when you got banned in August for this poo poo

I do

Everyone seems to want to kill in the name of God, and they probably mean the same one, but they never seem to believe that and it’s very dumb.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
im suprised this recent bad troll is actually backing down lol

at first i thought he was just someone's alt account trying to kamikaze the thread for giggles, but then i realized he might actually be a legit dumbass on an angry rant lmao

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

The driver has been confirmed as an Uber employee which explains everything

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

https://twitter.com/EveForster/status/925242345834057728

We're about 4 posts away from him claiming we need a 'final solution'.

I will not post anything that brings Lowtax to the attention of Federal authorities.
I will not post anything that brings Lowtax to the attention of Federal authorities.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
do we know who nwo hatchet man's preferred football team is? did they lose tonight or something?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Violent rage?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

nwo hatchet man posted:

I never claimed Islam is the only religion people commit violence for. But if you can't admit a vast majority of religious violence is done in its name, you are not arguing in good faith

cite please?

There's a shitload of religious violence all over the world. Islamic terror events get a lot more attention, but that isn't the same thing as actually being more prevalent.

Hell, Islamic peoples are fairly frequently the subjects of persecution and violence, rather than the perpetrators. Again, look at the ongoing genocide of the muslim Rohingya people that's happening right now in Myanmar. The sheer scale of that violence alone -- hundreds of thousands of victims, satellite images showing hundreds of square kilometers of burned villages -- dwarfs pretty much everything else except Isis, and it's being committed by Buddhists.

Your best argument is probably Isis but they're localized to a particular geographic region, and more importantly, they're a particular radicalized strain of a religion; arguing they're comparable to all muslims generally would be like claiming that all Christians were equivalent to David Khoresh or all Buddhists were Aum Shinrikyo.

Hieronymous Alloy fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 1, 2017

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

nwo hatchet man posted:

I never claimed Islam is the only religion people commit violence for.

nwo hatchet man posted:

Only one religion has members that keep doing this

nwo hatchet man posted:

not arguing in good faith

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Based on an admittedly limited sample size of nwo's posts in this thread, I've concluded that he is, in fact, Bill Maher.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

i am the bird posted:

Based on an admittedly limited sample size of nwo's posts in this thread, I've concluded that he is, in fact, Bill Maher.

bill maher can be funny sometimes. at least, he knows how, even if he chooses not to

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lol

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/FCHornet/status/925549047263272960
https://twitter.com/thedailytitan/status/925516392203411456

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Woah, that guy's a dick? Who knew

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Basically any time you're making a broad generalization about a large group of people you're probably saying something real dumb

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Basically any time you're making a broad generalization about a large group of people you're probably saying something real dumb

says the guy making generalizations about badposters SMH

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Tibalt posted:

I feel like the people saying "Well limiting the 401k will help corporations because they won't have the contribute" are missing an essential aspect: corporations offer that 5% matching because it's a cheap yet effective benefit to draw in talent. If they kneecap 401ks at $2,500 your employees and potential hires are going to ask for something else instead, and that "something else" is a pension.

They just spent the last 40 years killing off their pensioners, there isn't an accountant alive who wants to start tracking retirement packages on the balance sheet again.

401k limit is a moneygrab. I could explain it to my 6 year old and she would understand.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

nwo hatchet man posted:

It's practitioners are certainly more likely to commit violence in its name. That's a fact

I'd like to see what metric you're using for this.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I’ll buy a bottle of very fine scotch if Don Jr is next to be hauled away by Muellers investigation.

Someone reply to him with this please:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

nwo hatchet man posted:

this is so lazy lol

You're not worth more.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Random troll aside, his comments got me thinking about how distressing it is that so many Americans accept the idea of banning people from entering the country based on their religion as something just and good. Like, I feel that if you suggested banning Muslims from entering the country in October 2001, the vast majority of people would be saying "woah buddy, that's a bit extreme" but NOW it's a mainstream political opinion and several people in my life who I know and consider(ed) to be rational people subscribe to it. Like, what the hell happened? How did we get so far gone? Anyone can look back at like, the Chinese Exclusion Act and realize it's racist bullshit, why is it so hard to recognize the exact same thing applied to a different group of people? It's not even the kind of "subtle" racism that Republicans have been grooming since they adopted the Southern Strategy, it's the kind of explicit racism that we've been told is bad over and over in every form of popular media for my generation's entire lifespan.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Oh hey I forgot this guy was still alive.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

mcmagic posted:

I'd like to see what metric you're using for this.

Paper bag test.

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Well it would certainly be frightening to see her from behind and think it's Ms Frizzle, only to have her turn around and see that hideous visage instead like the mysterious lady in that NES game so it fits for halloween I guess?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

8: I hope Token #3 goes down for this. Reminder his wife and son are also at HUD for some reason.

12: Literally dodging again? Like this happened during 2016 too.

pkay
Jan 4, 2005
"You and your ilk just made me vote downticket R in the midterms."
- a black man (- a magachud)

Pakled posted:

Random troll aside, his comments got me thinking about how distressing it is that so many Americans accept the idea of banning people from entering the country based on their religion as something just and good. Like, I feel that if you suggested banning Muslims from entering the country in October 2001, the vast majority of people would be saying "woah buddy, that's a bit extreme" but NOW it's a mainstream political opinion and several people in my life who I know and consider(ed) to be rational people subscribe to it. Like, what the hell happened? How did we get so far gone? Anyone can look back at like, the Chinese Exclusion Act and realize it's racist bullshit, why is it so hard to recognize the exact same thing applied to a different group of people? It's not even the kind of "subtle" racism that Republicans have been grooming since they adopted the Southern Strategy, it's the kind of explicit racism that we've been told is bad over and over in every form of popular media for my generation's entire lifespan.

Vast majorities of people always felt this way? The 'anti-pc' brigade came along and suddenly it became ok to say these things out loud. Pretty much the same reason why trolling is now a mainstream thing. Provoking others has become a pretty popular thing now.

Old James
Nov 20, 2003

Wait a sec. I don't know an Old James!

boner confessor posted:

do we know who nwo hatchet man's preferred football team is? did they lose tonight or something?

No, but the Redskins did lose on Sunday.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Zil posted:

Why stop there, we should drain them of any American water in their systems as well. Preserve our precious... fluids.

^ Edit: high five to another dapple dachshund owner

Put them in gitmo for six years so we know almost 100% of any Merican atom is no longer part of their body.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Manafort lost attorney-client privliege. He's fuuuuucked

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

nwo hatchet man posted:

I never claimed Islam is the only religion people commit violence for. But if you can't admit a vast majority of religious violence is done in its name, you are not arguing in good faith

Don't suppose you consider the United States to be a Christian nation?

If so, I have, uh, news for you

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Manafort didn’t have a criminal lawyer.

He had a criminal lawyer.

Okay, they’re actually alleging the opposite of that, that Manafort misrepresented himself to his attorney, who parroted it to the feds.

Platystemon fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Nov 1, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It’ll be really funny (and a huge relief) if the Republicans screw the pooch on tax cuts just like they did on health care. They spent a whole decade being the proverbial dog chasing the car, and now that they’ve caught it they can’t stop sucking on the tailpipe.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

In case it's unclear, that's not regarding his current defender, but a previous attorney that may have been a co conspirator or something to that effect.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Platystemon posted:

Manafort didn’t have a criminal lawyer.

He had a criminal lawyer.

He’s going to die in jail.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Vladimir Putin posted:

That’s not the issue. Companies have tremendous negotiation power to set prices. It’s the insurance companies that have this power. The price you see is already the result of high leverage of negotiating power vs drug companies.

The difference vs other countries is that other countries are price controlled by the government. There’s no access to the market unless a specific price is met. Witness: NICE.

I fail to see what Walgreen's brand of snacks has to do with this!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Synthbuttrange posted:

The driver has been confirmed as an Uber employee which explains everything

last week an uber driver was shot in a robbery in SF while he was in his uber branded car, and uber is claiming they have no idea if the driver was active at the time that he was shot, therefore it doesn't count as an uber driver getting shot lol

also two other uber drivers were shot in the Bay Area within the past week :911:

voltroon
Apr 29, 2009

Zoro posted:

What the gently caress is Red Vines?

Pages back, but it's when two gay men wrap their penises around each other like the snakes of the caduceus.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jTZBuCcn4

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Munkeymon posted:

Don't suppose you consider the United States to be a Christian nation?

If so, I have, uh, news for you

To be fair nation states, particularly the romantic ideal of the nation-state are probably our fault. Sorry about that.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

voltroon posted:

Pages back, but it's when two gay men wrap their penises around each other like the snakes of the caduceus.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6jTZBuCcn4

False. no penises are long enough

except mine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
trump's lawyer is the same guy as his doctor but with a fake moustache

• Locked thread