Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
full disclosure: a wine cube was involved in these next few episodes so dont expect much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kase moch
Jun 5, 2012

Gentlemen prefer blondes
Great video. General bumbling, forgetting of controls, camera breaking, stuck in a tree, and Bandunk musical solos. :five:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
A million $ game engine, can't even show veggies getting cut.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Can't even do loving fast travel properly.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I like Bandunk's idea of doing four, eight-hour episodes.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Kuvo posted:

full disclosure: a wine cube was involved in these next few episodes so dont expect much

I expect lots of wine.

Edit: having now watched the episode, I can't say that it fell short of my expectations.

Qtotonibudinibudet fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Oct 25, 2017

NightfallGemini
Dec 26, 2006
Wine cubes make everything better. Especially monster truck luxury car roadtrips.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
i can't believe that even the ps pro has pop in for the food jpegs

i mean, i assume it just didn't load before you mashed x on it. it didn't look as detailed as the toast.

also i hope that if you did get the egg, you also managed to buy more cup noodles. nothing sadder than an egg with no noodles, y'know?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Is this the first Game Over you guys have managed?

You know it' s a good episode when progress manages to actually go backwards.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Benson got them killed by a big rear end hydra thing earlier.

I'm shocked the game killed you for that jump.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I'm finally getting around to watching the Shenmue 2 LP while I kill time, and I have to say between this and what I remember of the first Shenmue, there's so much more freedom and things to do in both of these old rear end games, no matter how bad they were in other ways. FFXV is a pretty big failure as an open world game, among other things.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kuvo posted:

Was it an actual cube, or some kind of cuboid?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

cant cook creole bream posted:

Look at this guy, what's never boxwined

Too bad this game is fully voiced, I'd love to hear what awful things a box of wine makes you put into promptos mouth.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Zoe posted:

I'm finally getting around to watching the Shenmue 2 LP while I kill time, and I have to say between this and what I remember of the first Shenmue, there's so much more freedom and things to do in both of these old rear end games, no matter how bad they were in other ways. FFXV is a pretty big failure as an open world game, among other things.

Hey now, there's plenty of stuff to do in FFXV, it's just that none of it is interesting (aside from sick car jumps).

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

anatoliy pltkrvkay posted:

Hey now, there's plenty of stuff to do in FFXV, it's just that none of it is interesting (aside from sick car jumps).

The contrast between FFXV and shenmue is a pretty interesting parallel to make. Both games that focus on their mundane actions. Let's be real: Shenmue 2's interactions were done terribly. The gotcha machine mechanic involves earning money, walking to different machines around the city, walking to different pawn shops to get their flyer, and going through menu pdfs to see what place has the best price for you pixel figures.

It is bad, but it is interesting. I haven't caught up on episodes.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
:frogsiren: Wine Cube :frogsiren:

Episode 42: Nootle Kobotle

TheLastManStanding
Jan 14, 2008
Mash Buttons!
When they say the tofu reduces hp they aren't loving around; they took off 91% :psyduck:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

You really need a designated sober person to handle the mechanics of this game while everybody else is wine boxing. Like a designated fast-traveler.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Funny thing about all those Monica jokes, Prompto actually was fat in some prequel thing. I don't think it was as a joke, but I didn't bother watching it.

Lt. Conquistador
Oct 25, 2011

Because "Lieutenant" didn't fit.
Can I just say? In all my years of watching LPs, there is nothing that brings me more joy than drunk Benson and drunk Bandunk singing. It will never not bring a smile to my face.

Also, fun fact, choosing any of the other options for the "Perfect Cup Noodle Ingredient" will lead you to a subpar boss in the overworld. Good job accidentally picking the right option.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

Lt. Conquistador posted:

Also, fun fact, choosing any of the other options for the "Perfect Cup Noodle Ingredient" will lead you to a subpar boss in the overworld. Good job accidentally picking the right option.

It was no accident, eggs on ramen are great.

That egg topping business is a great idea. You're even in San Francisco where that type of thing would probably catch on with the hipsters. :aaa:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

...Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a boss there? I chose egg and remember fighting one...

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Clearly you killed too many of the other animals and got it mad. The elite "run the gently caress past them" pacifist strat is obviously superior.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

...Wait, wasn't there supposed to be a boss there? I chose egg and remember fighting one...

I remember it showing up as a hunt after clearing the volcano the first time around, nothing there at the start

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I don't really get why they'd go to such lengths to get ingredients for lovely cup ramen. Surely they could have spent less time getting something better.

I think I have found the single flaw in this game, guys.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Man, Cup Noodle™ is too perfect to improve on! This lovely annoying sidequest really makes me appreciate Cup Noodle™ even more!

Seriously it's like the self awareness of the advertising wrapped around from funny to awful, and then sorta funny but still mostly awful again. I'm just waiting for the sidequest that's just Gladiolus giving a thirty minute unskippable presentation on Coleman products

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Cupple Nabootle.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I think if you sing even the tiniest portion of that loving bicycle song, you forfeit all rights to complain about any other song.

…is nobody gonna mention that hat? where the hell did it even come from

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

It was no accident, eggs on ramen are great.

That egg topping business is a great idea. You're even in San Francisco where that type of thing would probably catch on with the hipsters. :aaa:

Hell, the Senor Sisig food truck already has a "$1 add egg to any menu item" option.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

cant cook creole bream posted:

https://twitter.com/kuvosa/status/919047313741438977

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I don't drink, why does it have a nozzle? :psyduck:

Is that a gallon of wine in a box?

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

NOW we're talkin :getin:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Bocc Kob posted:

Is that a gallon of wine in a box?

Yes.
https://youtu.be/wLkYe98FD9I?t=40s

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Zenostein posted:

…is nobody gonna mention that hat? where the hell did it even come from

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Driving that car up Evil Tree Mountain is giving me severe Mass Effect 1 flashbacks.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bocc Kob posted:

To get the wine out of the box. It's in a big plastic bag supported by the cardboard so the little tap makes it easy to pour a glass, or suckle from it like some sort of booze dispensing mother-replacement that your therapist has made copious notes about.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

sounds like you have some experience in the matter

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've dabbled.

topiKal
Mar 11, 2006

Rock Solid.
Heart Touching.
https://www.target.com/bp/Wine%20Cube%99

Yes it's a literal cube
No it's not a gallon it's 3L (so almost)
Yes it's kinda bad
No you shouldn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
I can't wait for the new DLC, Episode Cup Noodle, to come out