Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Yes and no. For two teams in different conferences, it's overall record -> strength of schedule (weaker schedule "wins") -> coin flip.

If the two teams are in the same division, divisional tiebreakers are used after SoS. If they're in the same conference, conference tiebreakers are used.

Division has 11 tiebreakers, conference has 10, with several criteria overlaping.

(source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_playoffs#Breaking_ties)

That is for playoff seeding, no one give a poop about draft order, coinflip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
lol if you go 0-16 and don't even get the #1 pick

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

That would be the literal most Browns thing that could happen.

Ninja: I take that back the most Browns thing would them trading from #2 to #1.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Elephanthead posted:

That is for playoff seeding, no one give a poop about draft order, coinflip.

From https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/the-nfl-draft/the-rules-of-the-draft/

quote:

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, their records against common opponents in their division or conference are applied, if applicable. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, ties will be broken by a coin flip.

So yes, the playoff tiebreakers can come into play.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Bigass Moth posted:

If they had a mediocre QB they would have 2-3 wins but they have the worst QB in the league by a country mile, plus terrible backups.

I think what I'm reading is they just need to draft a QB.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

OxySnake posted:

That would be the literal most Browns thing that could happen.

Ninja: I take that back the most Browns thing would them trading from #2 to #1.

One time the Browns traded their 2nd round pick to move up one spot in the 1st round (from 7 to 6) to draft....Kellen Winslow!

Ben Roethlisberger went to the Steelers a few picks later.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Bigass Moth posted:

One time the Browns traded their 2nd round pick to move up one spot in the 1st round (from 7 to 6) to draft....Kellen Winslow!

Ben Roethlisberger went to the Steelers a few picks later.

Who now has more wins in the Brown's stadium than any QB who ever played for Cleveland.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Why would they need a 6'5 250 pound big armed grey dicked local boy when they had just signed the 34 year old Jeff Garcia to save the franchise?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Zerilan posted:

Who now has more wins in the Brown's stadium than any QB who ever played for Cleveland.

I don't even like Roethlisberger and that is my favorite fact about the Browns.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Bigass Moth posted:

Why would they need a 6'5 250 pound big armed grey dicked local boy when they had just signed the 34 year old Jeff Garcia to save the franchise?

The craziest fact about Jeff Garcia for me is that he somehow punched way above his paygrade when he married his wife.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lote posted:

The craziest fact about Jeff Garcia for me is that he somehow punched way above his paygrade when he married his wife.

I mean Tom Brady did too.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jesus Christ

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

axeil posted:

Jesus Christ

Where's your analytics god now boy?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Even on their loving bye week they find a way to lose.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mega64 posted:

Even on their loving bye week they find a way to lose.

:thurman:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Cleveland Browns 0-17 watch

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Where's your analytics god now boy?

Clearly they all suck at it/their jobs

Doesn't mean analytics is a bad/wrong thing though.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

axeil posted:

Clearly they all suck at it/their jobs

Doesn't mean analytics is a bad/wrong thing though.

Football I just think is way tougher than baseball for analytics to "figure out"

I don't think analytics are stupid are bad but I think the Cleveland Browns are stupid and bad and I don't want my team to emulate anything they are doing at least right now.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Lote posted:

poo poo.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Jeff Garcia has a face only a mother and a Playboy Playmate of the year can love.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He’s still a multi millionaire athlete

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Amy Pole Her posted:

He’s still a multi millionaire athlete

She is hotter than Giselle.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I still think about whoever said kate upton looks like a linebacker or a refrigerator

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

hifi posted:

I still think about whoever said kate upton looks like a linebacker or a refrigerator

Insert a gif from Wet Hot American Summer of the cook humping the fridge here.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Jeff Garcia rules

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

They weren't wrong.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Chichevache posted:

They weren't wrong.

lol OK

nah
Mar 16, 2009

all women look like beuatiful flowers to me~

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

She looks like someone stapled airbags to a Frigidaire.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I need a 30 cubic foot french door linear compressor japanese or korean woman

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

hifi posted:

I need a 30 cubic foot french door linear compressor japanese or korean woman

What kind of dishwasher has French doors?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
2017 and Internet Male is still alive and well.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

She does not look like a traditional model because her shoulders and waist ratios are off from the generic stereotype but she's still a very attractive linebacker imho

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the bodies that disappoint me thread is over here, reachable by clicking on this link that blows up your battery or erases your hard drive

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Turn Yyour freaking monitors on everybody

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

2017 and Internet Male is still alive and well.

Just trying to get that :cop: mindset. *takes a shot of beefeater* You don't know what it is like out there!

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Chichevache posted:

Just trying to get that :cop: mindset. *takes a shot of beefeater* You don't know what it is like out there!

And with enough Beefeater you won't either!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I worked 16 hours dealing with street scum and I come home to a lukewarm Hungry Man meal?! If I didn't think you'd get my pension in the divorce I'd have left years ago! *eyes service pistol drunkenly while weighing the odds of getting PC in prison...*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Chichevache posted:

I worked 16 hours dealing with street scum and I come home to a lukewarm Hungry Man meal?! If I didn't think you'd get my pension in the divorce I'd have left years ago! *eyes service pistol drunkenly while weighing the odds of getting PC in prison...*

You gonna go on motorcycle patrol?

• Locked thread