Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lets ignore every single mindnumbingly stupid thing the dog buyers did to focus on one thing.

They took out a 3 grand loan to buy a 2 grand dog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Meme Emulator posted:

This is legaladvice but we dont have a thread for that

Petland screwed me over

My gf and I went to petland to get a puppy. We didnt have any money to put down but we were willing to finance if necessary. We found a dog we thought was perfect but it had a fat 2 grand price tag. We decided we could afford to pay it off if the monthly fee and interest was low. Of course the sales man at petland was talking like a car salesman attempting to get us in and out as soon as possible. He found a financing company that would loan us 3000 and he told us it would be 174 a month. Okay that is doable. I went to computer and my dumb rear end e-signed a document taking his word for it. So fast forward to today, we have our puppy and we love her to death but I was charged two payments in one month that was automatically taken out when I got paid (since I get paid biweekly). I call the finance company and they informed me I agreed to biweekly payments...well that sucks but at least we will have her paid off sooner. I had the rep email me the contract and once I recieved it I found that there was 144% annual interest....6 loving grand on top of the 3 grand agreement... 9 grand for this pup!! So now we are basically screwed for the next 2 years unless I can do something about it sooner. Do any of you have any experience negotiating with finance companies? Can I reduce the interest by paying more in advances via taxes or student loans or even extra off the paycheck. I know this is my fault but live and learn I suppose...thanks

Tl;dr

Got ripped at petland and unknowingly signed for a 3 grand loan with 144% annual interest and I need a way to get out or reduce the ridiculous interest.

quote:

2 grand price tag

quote:

loan us 3000

quote:

144% annual interest

Amazing.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Meme Emulator posted:

Got ripped at petland and unknowingly signed for a 3 grand loan with 144% annual interest and I need a way to get out or reduce the ridiculous interest.
I feel so much better about my life right now.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Can we make bringing up social issues for no reason the new goonsay? Dude has access to an indoor pool where he/his partner lives that he can safely practice in to his heart's content. There's literally zero reason go "but what about inner city poor kids" in this scenario other than to drop a "well actually" that no one wants to hear or care about.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

gently caress and I thought my 16.5% car loan was bad (it was).

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

zakharov posted:

Beep boop I don't understand why someone would be embarrassed to take swimming lessons as an adult

they have a indoor pool and his bf can teach him how to swim (probably offered to do it many times) and nobody else in the world will see it or know about it, i get that it is embarrassing but man he got the best way to do it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By the way, the company reposses your dog if you fail to pay, and has been accused of insinuating they will then kill the dog because who wants to buy a used dog?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

Lets ignore every single mindnumbingly stupid thing the dog buyers did to focus on one thing.

looking forward to the planet money dudes doing a hard hitting podcast on the pet-debt bubble in 2023

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Barudak posted:

The other 1k was to finance a 1000 dollar gift card

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

searching "fetish" is a goldmine

quote:

My [29F] fetish is harming my bf's [26 M] self-esteem, unsure how to dealRelationships
submitted 12 months ago * by perpetualiniquity
This is something that I've been dealing with for awhile now, but I think it's finally starting to become a real issue. My relationship with my boyfriend is otherwise basically flawless and it's impossible to imagine someone who fits the label of 'soulmate' better than he does; we've been together for four years, living together for most of that, and I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
However, I have an extremely specific fetish that I don't really care to identify, and I use the term purposefully: I absolutely cannot achieve orgasm without it being included somehow, which is awkward, given that it's effectively impossible in real life. Unless images, videos, or occasionally even him describing fantasies about it during sex, are included, sex is supremely unfulfilling for me.
If this sounds awkward, it's because it absolutely is. I get a lot of pleasure from this fetish, voraciously devour every scrap of it I can find on the internet; it's safe to say I'm obsessed with it, and my boyfriend does sort of share it but nowhere near the heavy extent that I do, so he's never really seemed to mind its constant inclusion. I'm more than happy to return the favor for him, catering to his interests, and I'm always absolutely certain to get him off every time we have any kind of sex, because I know how unfair it must be for him to have my focus be effectively 'split' like this, between him and my fetish.
Recently though (last few months), he's confessed to me that it's started harming his self-esteem somewhat, given that he can't just get me off normally, so it's starting to feel to him like he's just not good enough, which is as far from the case as is possible. I love him desperately and don't want him to feel bad for what is absolutely my own problem, but I don't really know how to reassure him or make him feel any better about himself -- or learn to enjoy sex without my fetish being included. I would drop the fetish in a heartbeat if I could, just to make this stop being a problem; the last thing I want is for him to feel anything like this.
tl;dr: my fetish is harming my boyfriend's self-esteem, I can't find a way around it, I don't want to hurt him like this.

you'll never in a million years guess the fetish

quote:

Edit: the fetish is breast growth, which is why it is remarkably awkward to discuss, especially with anyone in person; the couple of times I've mentioned it to a partner before my boyfriend I was laughed at, which has made me much more hesitant to reveal its nature.
This also contributes to why my boyfriend's self-esteem is affected: since it's so lady-centric, he's wondered if I wouldn't just be better off with a woman, and it breaks my heart to hear him say stuff like that.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The answer is to go to the bank and do whatever you have to do to get a 3k loan, even if its on a 27% creditcard, and pay the 144% loan off immediately, but i heard that contracts liek those tend to have a fee for early payment lol

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Meanwhile on /r/legaladvice: "My girlfriend was raped... but she also kissed a girl so maybe it's her fault"

My girlfriend was raped. The rapist is now trying to tarnish her character on social media, and the cops are moving painfully slow. (self.legaladvice)

submitted 10 hours ago by youknowwhatyoudid_ to r/legaladvice

quote:

A few days ago my girlfriend went to a party at her friend's apartment. She is 19 and they are in their early twenties. Everyone was drinking at the party, and at some point a stranger showed up. He was an old friend of someone in their social circle.

At the party he voluntarily drank. He made many of the party guests uncomfortable by being a little too touchy and trying to kiss random girls. However, since he was from out of town they didn't feel like kicking him out.

My girlfriend doesn't regularly drink and went far past her limit. At this point most people at the party had left and they were winding down. My girlfriend could no longer stand, and the hosts brought her a sleeping pad and blanket. There was a guest sleeping on each couch, and another in the corner of the room. This left the stranger and his friend. My girlfriend invited her friend to share the sleeping pad, and the stranger forced himself in-between them. After about an hour the mutual friend decided to leave and offered the stranger a ride home, which he declined.

At around 4am my girlfriend woke up still very intoxicated, but face down on the floor. In a couple second she realized she was being pinned down and raped by the stranger. She screamed and everyone in the living room woke up and threw him out.

I should mention that my girlfriend was raped two years prior, and had an extremely negative experience with the police and hospital where she was basically bullied into not pressing charges by the detective. She came home at 8am and didn't call the police until 3pm. Because of her previous negative experience at the hospital she was unwilling to do a rape kit, but the police officers took her clothes and the pad she slept on. Her rapist left a hat at the apartment which they also took.

Some people at the party found his social media and let everyone know what happened. Now he's saying my girlfriend is a whore and was asking for it. After people responded he changed his story to saying someone at the party drugged him.

Now onto my questions:

1) Since he chose to drink would his intoxication during the event count as recklessness?

2) No one at that house tolerates drug usage, will his claim that he was drugged hold up at all? The police recorded his Snapchat story that we showed them where he was making lean and drinking.

3) At the party my girlfriend definitely kissed people, mostly girls. I don't have a problem with this and don't want relationship advice, but could that fact help his argument that she was asking for it?

4) Can we take action against him for the emotional distress he's causing my girlfriend?

5) He fled town after he heard the police were called. He has no permanent address and all we could give the police was his name and phone number. How long will it take before an arrest is made?

6) Do we need a lawyer?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

searching "fetish" is a goldmine

you'll never in a million years guess the fetish

Hentai has destroyed humanity.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

just gonna stare at my own boobs with these binoculars, i need time to warm up

Barudak
May 7, 2007

By the way, reading petland consumer review posts is a horror show of dead and dying pets and people up their eyeballs in pet debt.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Barudak posted:

By the way, reading petland consumer review posts is a horror show of dead and dying pets and people up their eyeballs in pet debt.
Just gonna go hug my dog right now.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Barudak posted:

don't they get their dogs from puppy mills? :smith:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mind the walrus posted:

Just gonna go hug my dog right now.

Lenny no!

My cat does this thing where she walks to my chair, stretches up and then starts tapping my leg with her paw to let me know that it’s time to pet her.

My fiancee (F28) is very insecure over my coworker/friend (F22) and I (M29) feel caught in the middle when it comes to my birthday.

quote:

I've been seeing my fiancee Meredith for 4 years now. We got engaged this past summer and all is well, except for her insecurities over my friendship with one of my female coworkers, Brooke, who started at my company as an intern and was hired full-time after graduation.

Brooke is, no doubt, a beautiful girl, but there is nothing going on between us. She's one of the few coworkers that don't make me want to quit. We started hanging out after work occasionally after she was hired full-time - dinner here or drinks there. Nothing special. We are friends. Meredith met Brooke at a company function and I could tell she was jealous right away as I know her so well. I should say, that at this function someone called Brooke my work wife and I knew that also made her uncomfortable. After, she asked me a few questions about her and even admitted she was jealous and didn't like that, but she seemed to understand everything was kosher.

My birthday is coming up. My coworker and I have never given one another birthday gifts, but we did exchange Christmas gifts last year. She surprised me today with tickets to my favorite hockey team for my birthday! I'm an avid hockey fan and I go to a few games a year with my fiancee, but this game is at my team's home arena and I haven't been there in awhile. I immediately accepted and even put it on Twitter.

I admit that it was a big mistake and I should've checked with my fiancee before I told her I could go because it does involve some traveling and it was the day before my birthday. I knew that the second I got home when she asked me about the tickets and I told her who gave them to me. She flipped out, told me that our relationship was inappropriate, that we had already talked about my birthday and she had a whole weekend plan like we talked about. She said it was inappropriate to go away for the weekend with another woman and to ignore her and all my friends who set aside time that weekend already for me. I admit, I forgot what we had talked about and feel really bad about that. I told her I won't go to the game. It's not a big deal as we see my team whenever they come to town.

I told my coworker that I was sorry, but I already had plans that I had forgotten about. She surprised me when she game back and had tickets for another game for the next weekend. She told me she knows a season ticket holder and if the next weekend didn't work, we can find one that does.

I haven't responded to Brooke because I do not know or think that this will be okay with my fiancee. On the other hand, this is something I would do with a male friend, so I do not see it is wrong. I want to go. I want to go back to where I grew up as I haven't been since earlier this year and go back to the place where I watched games with my dad. It's purely platonic and I think this should be okay with my fiancee, but I'm afraid she's so insecure about this all now she would be angry if I went.

I'm seeing Brooke tonight at a Halloween thing and my fiancee will be there too. I need to figure out how to handle this before I leave.

tl;dr: My fiancee is insecure over my female coworker/friend, who wants to go to a hockey game with me in another state for my birthday. I do not know how to handle this, but I'll be with both tonight at a Halloween party. What do I do?

EDIT: An update since a few of you asked for it: We wound up not going to the party last night as neither of us wanted to go (neither of us are really party people) and I was only going because Brooke had me promise I would show up. We stayed in, gave candy out, talked, and watched Halloween movies. We had a long talk about everything and my fiancee was very honest about me about how much this has hurt her and that she was trying to let me make my own decisions. She said that it was clear from the beginning that Brooke liked me, but she could deal with it if I had set good boundaries, but I didn't. She pointed out to me (like some here did) that going out to dinner and drinks with her when I'd pay most of the time (yes, I know - I made more money so I thought this was okay) was a date. She said that I forgot about her when I agreed to spend my birthday and a weekend away with another woman, or just didn't care. She asked me how I would feel if she did that with one of her coworkers and I admitted that it would make me really uncomfortable. I admitted that I liked the attention and that is something I need to deal before we get married. Even though I liked the attention, I do not think it will be that hard to cut Brooke out of my life, as she really isn't someone that I would normally be friends with. We agreed that I should stop spending time with her in any non-professional manner. We talked about how to go about doing this with her. We have a lot to deal with and won't be getting married until it's all settled. Thanks for your advice, however harsh it was.

Also - I showed my fiancee this post and she was admittedly annoyed at some of my responses (deservedly!). But she agreed with everyone who said the term "work wife" or "work husband" is a dumb term and I will be putting a stop to that, too.

Lonely Virgil
Oct 9, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Petland screwed me over

My gf and I went to petland to get a puppy. We didnt have any money to put down but we were willing to finance if necessary. We found a dog we thought was perfect but it had a fat 2 grand price tag. We decided we could afford to pay it off if the monthly fee and interest was low. Of course the sales man at petland was talking like a car salesman attempting to get us in and out as soon as possible. He found a financing company that would loan us 3000 and he told us it would be 174 a month. Okay that is doable. I went to computer and my dumb rear end e-signed a document taking his word for it. So fast forward to today, we have our puppy and we love her to death but I was charged two payments in one month that was automatically taken out when I got paid (since I get paid biweekly). I call the finance company and they informed me I agreed to biweekly payments...well that sucks but at least we will have her paid off sooner. I had the rep email me the contract and once I recieved it I found that there was 144% annual interest....6 loving grand on top of the 3 grand agreement... 9 grand for this pup!! So now we are basically screwed for the next 2 years unless I can do something about it sooner. Do any of you have any experience negotiating with finance companies? Can I reduce the interest by paying more in advances via taxes or student loans or even extra off the paycheck. I know this is my fault but live and learn I suppose...thanks

Tl;dr

This is a friendly reminder to adopt from your local animal shelters. Yes, there are purebred dog rescues to get a wheezy pug from.

fruit on the bottom posted:

My cat does this thing where she walks to my chair, stretches up and then starts tapping my leg with her paw to let me know that it’s time to pet her.
My cat did that too until a bribed him with treats to hang out in bedroom. Since he napped on my bed all the time and my desk is right next to it he started touching my face.

Lonely Virgil fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Nov 1, 2017

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Lonely Virgil posted:

This is a friendly reminder to adopt from your local animal shelters. Yes, there are purebred dog rescues to get a wheezy pug from.

Someone I knew was giving away a 9 year old boston and i took him in in a heartbeat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

maskenfreiheit posted:

don't they get their dogs from puppy mills? :smith:

Yes. Theyre notorious for providing 30 day wellness guarantees and clean bills of health for all dogs that turn out to not be true and have their aproved clinics be incompetent dog killers/not open to force people to break contract to treat their new, sickly dog.

Edit: one of the complaints was they said “oh hamsters will all be fine in one cage” and by the time they got home to give to their kid the hamsters had killed each other so the kid opened a blood soaked box of hamster gore.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Meme Emulator posted:

Petland screwed me over

Tl;dr

This is a thing?!

I went into a pet store for the first time in decades recently and saw that they had $1,200 Chihuahuas and $2,400 Huskies and poo poo but I guess i didn't connect the dots that predatory lending had extended to using the guilt you feel for cute animals.

Just get a random street mutt at that point.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Apparently, I'm running an art cartel.(self.legaladvice)

quote:

This is ridiculous, my lawyer is out of town until the weekend. Until I see him, is there anything specific I should worry about with this whole craziness?

Small tourist town, Pennsylvania. I run a gift shop that has a small gallery space for local artists work. Two friends own art galleries within three blocks. We work together to run promotions similar to "first Friday" in larger cities. We also split advertising in flyers showing each of our current showing. Mostly though, we will recommend the other galleries as each of us has a different proffered art type.

A guy moved into the area who owned a high end gallery in a city, who Ill call John. Opens a small gallery in town as his retirement job. We reached out to him to try to include him in the local arts community, but he turned us down rudely. John has been doing poorly. From my perspective it's because most of the work he shows is priced out of the local market and he tends to act rudely to customers.

He has become antagonistic towards us. John has started posted ads that attack us for not having "real art", etc. He has been quite vocal about badmouthing us to anyone who comes in his gallery. So far, we have just let him bury himself in bad business practices and haven't responded in any way.

However, things came to a head this weekend, The other galleries and I held a promotion in conjunction with Halloween festivities and parade on Friday. He was seen pulling down our flyers around town last week. Most local shops stayed open late that night and had sales or promotions, but John's gallery was noticeably closed the entire day Friday and Saturday. In the morning Sunday John posted on his personal Facebook saying the other local galleries trashed his shop front. Later in the day a local police officer came by to ask me about it. I know the police officer and he basically said the pictures he was shown were candy wrappers and litter by the door, similar to what was left all along the parade route. The officer said he had no reason to think we were involved or that it was malicious, but he wanted to follow up and settle the issue.

I was told the next day John posted and then deleted numerous complaints on Facebook against other local businesses, but especially me and the other three galleries. He has even given us a nickname, which sounds like an old west group (think "The Three Banditos"). I can't see John's posts but was sent two screenshots and told there was worse. On Monday, two of my friends galleries had printed flyers taped to their doors overnight, blasting them for selling cheap art and for pushing new galleries out of the community. I'm told there were also angry posts on Facebook saying that an artist who had decided to pull from his gallery, which he blamed on us. None of us know this artist, nor had any contact.

Which brings us to this morning. I get a call saying that John was at a local coffee shop trying to get people to give him money to mount a lawsuit against us. He apparently had a document he typed up with his grievances. He is claiming that I specifically am running an art cartel! (Hence the post title). That two of the other shops have flooded the market with low end art to destroy his business. John was hassling patrons for money so much he was asked to leave before cops were called.

I think Johns business is doing poorly and he is going a little crazy. I think the worst he could do is drag us into a pricey lawsuit that goes no where, but I want to make sure there's no other trouble he could make for us. Is this dire enough to bring in a lawyer before I speak to mine on Tuesday?

Slight update: One of the gallery owners who had something taped to their food Monday met with their lawyer today. He let me know his lawyer is writing a cease and desist. His lawyer passed along similar recommendations to here: collect any evidence, get a security camera, and see if this blows over. I'm still meeting w my lawyer Tuesday, and have people friended to John in Facebook watching for any new posts. I'm probably going to just see if my lawyer will also do a cease and desist, but otherwise I'm just going to stay back and watch.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

quote:

An update since a few of you asked for it: We wound up not going to the party last night as neither of us wanted to go (neither of us are really party people) and I was only going because Brooke had me promise I would show up. We stayed in, gave candy out, talked, and watched Halloween movies. We had a long talk about everything and my fiancee was very honest about me about how much this has hurt her and that she was trying to let me make my own decisions. She said that it was clear from the beginning that Brooke liked me, but she could deal with it if I had set good boundaries, but I didn't. She pointed out to me (like some here did) that going out to dinner and drinks with her when I'd pay most of the time (yes, I know - I made more money so I thought this was okay) was a date. She said that I forgot about her when I agreed to spend my birthday and a weekend away with another woman, or just didn't care. She asked me how I would feel if she did that with one of her coworkers and I admitted that it would make me really uncomfortable. I admitted that I liked the attention and that is something I need to deal before we get married. Even though I liked the attention, I do not think it will be that hard to cut Brooke out of my life, as she really isn't someone that I would normally be friends with. We agreed that I should stop spending time with her in any non-professional manner. We talked about how to go about doing this with her. We have a lot to deal with and won't be getting married until it's all settled. Thanks for your advice, however harsh it was.

This man deserves nothing of what he has.

quote:

Apparently, I'm running an art cartel
New thread title please.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Is tricking people to sign up for a 144% loan even legal. I get that the OP stupidly signed the paperwork but it feels inherently scammy.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

New thread title please.

Seconded. That's some grade A crazy rear end in a top hat (though I'm sure the circumstances of John's life are probably sad).

e:

ArbitraryC posted:

Is tricking people to sign up for a 144% loan even legal. I get that the OP stupidly signed the paperwork but it feels inherently scammy.

it is, but this is America so caveat emptor (depending on the state, but if they signed a 144% interest loan they're presumably not in one of the ones with reasonable usary laws, though obviously that's one of the first things they should check)

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Nov 1, 2017

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

I[27m] found out from my girlfriend's[26f] college friends that she slept with a lot more guys than the 3 she told me about

quote:

Together 1 year and three months

Last weekend me and my girlfriend of a year and some friends of hers went down to a bar near where my girlfriend went to college. We ended up encountering a group of guys and girls that used to know my girlfriend and we all started talking.

Throughout the night everyone was cracking jokes here and there making fun of each other and remembering old times. I remember specifically throughout the night that they cracked jokes about my girlfriend “getting around.” At first I didn’t make much of it but I decided to ask my girlfriend the next day just to see what it was all about.

And she started reacting in a really suspicious way, I could tell she was hiding something. I started pushing and she basically admitted that she used to be very promiscuous and slept with a lot of guys. I asked her how many, she wouldn’t admit it. I then remembered one of the guys that was basically acting weird to me throughout the night, I asked her if she slept with him, and her face glew red. I told her that I am going home.

I really am disgusted with her, she initially told me that she had only slept with three other guys and I took a lot of pride in that. When we talked again she told me her number was 10+, and she wouldn’t tell me beyond that. I don’t know what to do here. I love her, but had I known from the start that she slept around, I never would have dated her. I am thinking of ending things. I don't even know if her number is 11 or 100. And she isn't telling me.

Tl;dr- I found out my girlfriend slept with a lot more people than she initially told me (3 -> 10+)
:goonsay:

Where's that quote about estimating dick-mileage on a vagina? He should've asked for the Vagfax before taking her off the lot.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

if tricking dumb people was illegal our economy would crash

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

ArbitraryC posted:

It depends on the specific state.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

VictorianQueerLit posted:

This is a thing?!

I went into a pet store for the first time in decades recently and saw that they had $1,200 Chihuahuas and $2,400 Huskies and poo poo but I guess i didn't connect the dots that predatory lending had extended to using the guilt you feel for cute animals.

Just get a random street mutt at that point.

There's a bill in CA that bans selling of dogs and cats in pet stores. Of course they're complaining that this will just create a black market for purebred pups.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Doggles posted:

I[27m] found out from my girlfriend's[26f] college friends that she slept with a lot more guys than the 3 she told me about

Oh man, look at this dude with micro-pride.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Doggles posted:

Where's that quote about estimating dick-mileage on a vagina? He should've asked for the Vagfax before taking her off the lot.

Why the gently caress does this bother people? She's sampled a lot of dick and yours is apparently passable. Take pride in that.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Doggles posted:

Also, this is bad and a dumb thing to be insecure about, but she straight up lied to his face about it. The guy is a retard for thinking she's somehow tainted, but if he wouldn't have dated her had the known, that's his own problem. She should've told him the truth, and they're both sorta awful, though he's prolly worse.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

bamhand posted:

There's a bill in CA that bans selling of dogs and cats in pet stores. Of course they're complaining that this will just create a black market for purebred pups.

Do people not get pure bred pups from breeders? Like I thought the point of a pure bred was to visit other peoples houses who raise that breed to see if their insanity is on your wavelength so you know youre getting the right one?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Meme Emulator posted:

Petland screwed me over

Tl;dr

These people are stupid. "Yeah. We want a puppy. gently caress going to a rescue and getting one that is healthy and affordable! I only want a dog that I have to get a loving loan to own." Puppy's probably from a mill, too.

If he doesn't pay, will the company repo his puppy?

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Vargatron posted:

Why the gently caress does this bother people? She's sampled a lot of dick and yours is apparently passable. Take pride in that.

I don't even discuss numbers with my partners. I'll ask about protection, but frankly I don't care if she hosed the entire Wu Tang Clan as long as they used condoms.

And it can be fun hearing about what weird stuff she's done, but again that's more because I know what's on the table rather than making sure she's "pure".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bored posted:

These people are stupid. "Yeah. We want a puppy. gently caress going to a rescue and getting one that is healthy and affordable! I only want a dog that I have to get a loving loan to own." Puppy's probably from a mill, too.

If he doesn't pay, will the company repo his puppy?

Yes, and they threaten to kill it if they take it back.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Blade Runner posted:

Also, this is bad and a dumb thing to be insecure about, but she straight up lied to his face about it. The guy is a retard for thinking she's somehow tainted, but if he wouldn't have dated her had the known, that's his own problem. She should've told him the truth, and they're both sorta awful, though he's prolly worse.

Mirthless has established in the Whedon thread that lying is gaslighting and gaslighting is abuse. His GF is abusing him.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

ArbitraryC posted:

Most (all?) states in the US have Usury statutes which set the maximum amount that a business can charge for interest on a consumer loan contract. If this is america, that loan is absolutely usurious. The remedy is generally to a) set aside the loan contract (give money/pet back) or reformat the loan to be non-usurious.

The upshot is that the maker of the loan (the lender) will get hit with penalties and fees, and likely have to pay the borrower's attorneys fees for having to fight it.

However, this plan of attack requires a degree of foresight, planning, and competence that these two dipshits likely do not possess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

blarzgh posted:

Most (all?) states in the US have Usury statutes which set the maximum amount that a business can charge for interest on a consumer loan contract. If this is america, that loan is absolutely usurious. The remedy is generally to a) set aside the loan contract (give money/pet back) or reformat the loan to be non-usurious.

The upshot is that the maker of the loan (the lender) will get hit with penalties and fees, and likely have to pay the borrower's attorneys fees for having to fight it.

However, this plan of attack requires a degree of foresight, planning, and competence that these two dipshits likely do not possess.

Native American tribes are exempt from this yeah? I think I saw a commercial advertising a loan with some absurd interest rate of like 200%.