Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

Still, he's now rolling 200 DPS on his autos at Level 1, which means he's useful for more than just hitting heroes. The only other characters that have natural DPS like that are Greymane in Worgen form and Pilot D.va. Tychus might be a reasonable pick on BoE if Valla/GM are unavailable.

Don't forget Tracer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

edit: how the gently caress did i manage to double post, toshimo's poo poo was right there

hax

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Raynor is fun don't change any of the stuff people use. Penetrating shot is probably my favorite ability in the game. (for reference I am currently a Raynor/Kerrigan main.)

The CDR buff for the heal is very nice.

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Raynor's third ability is good if you spec into it, the CDR was the only thing holding it back. It's a very good change.
No idea wtf they're doing with Kharazim though.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Toshimo posted:

Don't forget Tracer.

Tracer's AA DPS at Level 1 is 140, which is not really comparable. Granted, she can put out a lot more damage than 140 in a burst attack by following up with Melee and Pulse Bomb, but this is talking about situations where the players stand and attack something for an extended period of time, like the Immortals or Garden Terrors or... any boss, really.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Eraflure posted:

Raynor's third ability is good if you spec into it, the CDR was the only thing holding it back. It's a very good change.
No idea wtf they're doing with Kharazim though.

whatever they're doing they're making him extremely strong

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I've played 6 games today, and I've had at least 2 people afk in the first minute in all of them. Is that normal for daytime hots? I don't usually play during the day.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Power Bottom posted:

Tracer's AA DPS at Level 1 is 140, which is not really comparable. Granted, she can put out a lot more damage than 140 in a burst attack by following up with Melee and Pulse Bomb, but this is talking about situations where the players stand and attack something for an extended period of time, like the Immortals or Garden Terrors or... any boss, really.

Are you counting reloads because I pulled the numbers from here: https://psionic-storm.com/en/comparateur-heros/#d=aa-dps&sort-values=1

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That looks off, I think it's not counting reloads. I hate Tracer and all but I know that she does less effective AA damage than worgen without rage active.

Pretty crazy that robo gobo puts gazlowe on the very top of the list.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this is the highest level guy i've ever seen in this game

and yes he was also afk most of the match

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Tracer w/reloads shows up further down. But, I mean, it's all a theoretical exercise, because the number of times you are just right clicking without moving is practically zero.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kerrrrrrr posted:

this is the highest level guy i've ever seen in this game

and yes he was also afk most of the match

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Toshimo posted:

You are losing 33% of the bonus damage while stacking it, which is going to take longer and be a bigger percentage of the game, because of the other half of the nerf.
4 -> 3 is a 25% loss, not a 33% loss.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

thechalkoutline posted:

Raynor getting a rework would be insane, that guy has had the same build for like years

Is a viable Raynor possible without adding a 3rd button? I guess we'll see
Make him a ranged off-laner by making his Q slow by default and adding seasoned marksman or bribe to his trait. You probably wouldn't even need to make those changes, he's already there and just needs those numbers tweaked.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I like that Q doesn't slow, it feels pure. Low mobility AA heroes are fun but they'll almost never be viable in pro play while balanced on ladder. You could force the issue by giving him something like amateur opponent or by giving him armor when his heal activates, but what's the point really.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

they should make Raynor's E his trait.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Raynor's trait is only having 2 abilities.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Halve his as speed and triple his aa damage, so that the line between a good marine micro Raynor and a bad one is more stark.

I seriously think Raynor is fine, if simple. He just needs a little bit of a buff to make him more in line with everyone else.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Re: Raynor chat, a guy I know wrote an in-depth review of why Raynor's design is bad and followed up with a rework to make Raynor less bad. Rambler is pretty much always desperate for feedback on this kind of stuff, so I'm sure he'd appreciate it if some of y'all said some words about what he wrote. He's not a goon, but I'll be sure to link him to this thread if anyone has anything pertinent to say.

Toshimo posted:

Are you counting reloads because I pulled the numbers from here: https://psionic-storm.com/en/comparateur-heros/#d=aa-dps&sort-values=1

Sure am. This site has more accurate values and factors in weird poo poo like that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

All of the reasons he says penetrating round is bad is why it's good. I love characters whose escape is their best offensive weapon (Q build Valla, ETC, Calamity-Ming, Spear talent Sonya). It's a common design pattern in hots and I really dislike the heroes for which it's not true, like Tassadar. The other complaint is that you're mostly just AA-ing, but that's what you do with Raynor and you don't play him unless you want to AA all game.

I am also a big Raynor's Raiders and Summon Ultralisk fan because having extra bodies you control is really cool and lets you soak a few fort shots if you're diving deep.

Not everyone has to like Raynor, but I think he's sweet and he's still more popular than some other AA heroes in QM at master/diamond.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Nov 1, 2017

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I think the big thing about Raynor that hasn't aged well is his trait, which is just kinda there.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

Re: Raynor chat, a guy I know wrote an in-depth review of why Raynor's design is bad and followed up with a rework to make Raynor less bad. Rambler is pretty much always desperate for feedback on this kind of stuff, so I'm sure he'd appreciate it if some of y'all said some words about what he wrote. He's not a goon, but I'll be sure to link him to this thread if anyone has anything pertinent to say.
This is the sort of thing that, like... it's fun to think about, but nowhere near balanced. For starters, if Blizzard considers Jimmy fine as-is, buffing his damage in the form of a better Q and an E that actually does damage is a no-go. Numbers gotta go down to compensate for that part, probably by a fair bit depending on what the E actually outputs.

And while I'm totally down with the idea behind Raynor having a bunch of dudes hanging around, you can't just throw a literal roving creep wave into the game without some consideration for what that means. It means, for example, that the hero is basically immune to non-piercing skillshots. You have to consider how their collision will affect things (can he make a giant wall to body-block someone with?) and if they're too disruptive to point-and-click abilities for lower-tier players. etc

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think a summoner hero is a good idea.

Turning penetrating round into one of the most boring abilities in the game is a step backwards, and calling the only fun thing about it, the knockback, "awkward" and "niche" seems to miss the point of the ability entirely.

The proposed ult is really bad... it does nothing even if you could tune the passive numbers to make it balanced. I also don't see the fun in a heroic that's Tyrande's passively activated level 20/Zul'jin's headhunter quest reward that was reworked because no one liked it. Why is that more fun than two helicopters than can stick on someone and grant you vision?

No Wave fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Nov 2, 2017

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Just give Jimmy the Bullseye talent from level 16 at level 1 and let him be the laid-back monster he was always supposed to be. H-hey man!

Gustav
Jul 12, 2006

This is all very confusing. Do you mind if I call you Rodriguez?
I still have no problem with Raynor's design. He's a bog standard, super simple autoattacker and that's an absolutely fine thing for one of the games 70+ heroes to be. Sometimes you just want to right click stuff.

EdRush
Dec 13, 2005

by R. Guyovich
The Raynor level 1 talent should be Scanner Sweep, that reveals any part of the map with global range like Chromie's Timewalker's Pursuit. A good buff for an underpicked talent.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

But unlike Timewalker's Pursuit is has no synergy with his other abilities. Gustav is right, Raynor's design is totally fine.

Also new Khara is ridiculous.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I’m super tired of all the heroes that summon piles of poo poo all over the battle. If you have 2 or 3 of those guys on one team it feels like you spend most of the round mowing down garbage just to get to a fight.

Less summoners in the game would be ideal IMO

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The funny part is that Hammer even stole Raynor's most appropriate ability, spider mine.

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Before you start re-working Jimmy's kit, you need to ask yourself: is an integral part of his design vision his efficacy as a 'beginner's character' that teaches basic fundamentals?

A lot of suggestions I see should go straight in the trash if your answer to the above is any shade of 'mostly' to 'yes'

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't think it's so much about his being a beginner character. Most beginners take much more comfortably to Valla because her escape is intuitive, her wave clear is intuitive, and her Q is intuitive. He just basically only does AA, which is sweet.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Speaking of Kharazim, I was catching some poo poo for my usual build: Insight > whatever > blazing fists > whatever > fist of fury > echo of heaven > whatever. Is Iron Fist/offensive build actually better for healing and damage? I find with that insight build I can basically keep deadly reach up 100% of the time and mash breath of heaven the second the echo wears off. I guess it's less damagey but for maps like BoE where you can just wail on the immortal and heal up everyone it seems pretty solid.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Speaking of Kharazim, I was catching some poo poo for my usual build: Insight > whatever > blazing fists > whatever > fist of fury > echo of heaven > whatever. Is Iron Fist/offensive build actually better for healing and damage?
By hotslogs stats insight was dumpster tier pre-patch (46.2% winrate vs 51.6% for iron fists at diamond/master), but that was pre-patch so it might be good now, who knows.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Raynor exists to be the best looking hero on a vulture hth

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Didn't Blizzard say they are gonna rework Jimmy eventually? He's one of the few with old generic talents still left on a bunch of levels.

Actually they could give him the Zul'jin treatment and make Seasoned Marksmen a baked in quest (call it Grizzled Commander or something to show it's a unique version of it)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Raynor’s trait should be that his AA range is the greater of 5.5 and 1 higher than the highest range on the enemy team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Bad day for QM. Every game you play you will have a junkrat and an ana on your team for some reason. Be warned.

Dire Human
Feb 1, 2013

AH-HA! That's right...

Who's laughing now?

Who's laughing now?

The solution to generic talents is to reskin them into something suitable without changing the mechanics. Malfurion still uses robotic scouting drones? Make them into crows. Zeratul and Zarya have Rewind at 20? Call them “Time Dilation” and “Go The Distance”. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Dire Human posted:

The solution to generic talents is to reskin them into something suitable without changing the mechanics. Malfurion still uses robotic scouting drones? Make them into crows. Zeratul and Zarya have Rewind at 20? Call them “Time Dilation” and “Go The Distance”. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Honestly I'm kind of surprised they haven't done this by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seebach
Jul 14, 2012

:toot: