Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
khy
Aug 15, 2005

edgar_ posted:

So the powerful gear milestones don't matter? Everyone's told me that's the way to gear up

That's the way to gear up PAST 265.

Do strikes, public events, adventures, whatever until 265. Past 265 get the powerful engrams as the random drops and faction rewards won't increase your level anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgar_
Sep 4, 2003

kampen mot gud og hvite krist er i gang
Grimey Drawer

khy posted:

Do strikes, public events, adventures, whatever until 265. Past 265 get the powerful engrams as the random drops and faction rewards won't increase your level anymore.

I am past 265

khy
Aug 15, 2005

edgar_ posted:

I am past 265

Then from how I understand it, the regular gear you get from Public Events, Strikes, Adventures, etc. will not boost you up any higher and powerful engrams are how you'll proceed from that point on.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

khy posted:

He's asking in relation to one of the powerful rewards being tied to Call to Arms.

Anyway, you don't HAVE to do them, though of course that means you'll take longer to increase light level. That said, it's only like 4-6 matches a week to complete it, so it's not that bad. What's worse is doing them because you want Better Devils, and Shaxx refuses to give up the goods :argh:

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Yeah Better Devils is what keeps me going back to PvP. I WANT IT GOD DAMNIT

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

eonwe posted:

ya central

And nope I never got to play Destiny 1 so this will be my first raid!!!

Sadly my group says they got two more people.

But even if we clear it or not, I'd gladly run raid with you on Friday.

I've been studying this video to prepare:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzkxpLkEkfE

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

They will come in handy when you spend 500 of them at the exotic kiosk trying to get a Mananan scout with the gunsmith shards.

I think I spent roughly 8,000 before I finally got another Quickfang. Still chasing that Antiope tho

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

el B posted:

I think I spent roughly 8,000 before I finally got another Quickfang. Still chasing that Antiope tho

Same. (The blue version is easy to get tho....)

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

khy posted:

Then from how I understand it, the regular gear you get from Public Events, Strikes, Adventures, etc. will not boost you up any higher and powerful engrams are how you'll proceed from that point on.
They will a smidge, I've been getting 266-267 non-exotic gear from public events. I don't know if they'll keep giving super incremental gains or not.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Elysiume posted:

I've been getting blues and purps at 266 and 267.

The soft cap is basically your power level - 5.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Republicans posted:

The soft cap is basically your power level - 5.
Your theoretical max power level, right?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

what exaclty do i have to do to get dim to work because these are the errors i see when i try to boot it up

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

pmchem posted:

If I wanted to get a titan to plvl 300+ ASAP, would it make sense to create 3 titans? Then you could raid weekly more and share gear to max out one guy? Or how would that not be a good idea?
Once you beat the raid there is little else to do outside of the Crucible so why rush it? Relax and enjoy the game as you slowly power up.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Elysiume posted:

Your theoretical max power level, right?

Yep, I got 300 stuff when I hit 305 on console.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

which discord are most people on? i just want a place to ask random questions (like what am i supposed to spend glimmer on) and find a fireteam. i'm in one of the goon clans (bigger dumber space mans) but I have no idea how to interact with them

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
There are, frankly, too many discords, and some of them are spread super thin with like 100 channels. Check the OP but you're probably going to have to search across multiple channels.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

which discord are most people on? i just want a place to ask random questions (like what am i supposed to spend glimmer on) and find a fireteam. i'm in one of the goon clans (bigger dumber space mans) but I have no idea how to interact with them

Destiny Goons seems to be the most active but it badly needs some channel pruning. All you really need is one channel for each platform and a bunch of voice comm rooms.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Man, just did the first encounter of the raid with some random cool dudes from the PC Discord and it was pretty good. We did baths in something like 4 or 5 trys and we had 2 dudes w/o a mic (including myself).

Feels good man.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

khy posted:

Very rarely you'll get something at like 261 or 266, which is a nice little bump.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Republicans posted:

Destiny Goons seems to be the most active but it badly needs some channel pruning. All you really need is one channel for each platform and a bunch of voice comm rooms.

I like the extra channels because it's also a place to hang out with your friends and talk about the new Wolf, jack it, and enjoy fun contests, and that keeps all that stuff from clogging up the actual game channels.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

DrNutt posted:

Man, just did the first encounter of the raid with some random cool dudes from the PC Discord and it was pretty good. We did baths in something like 4 or 5 trys and we had 2 dudes w/o a mic (including myself).

Feels good man.

Baths are first? Cool.. That's a lot less dick jamming then the gardens. :D

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
Is the challenge mode for the raid available as well on PC today?

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.
Dumb question, should I be saving low level purples or yellows to infuse later? There seems to be some kind of yellow bank system but I was wondering if I'm going to miss these 200 level purples if I dust them.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

xzzy posted:

Someday Game Developers will realize people enjoy chaotic unbalanced pvp and stop trying to chase esports.

Its not just Bungie, this is a blight on the industry right now

Its a side-effect of video game marketing becoming dominated by streamers. I think it'll balance out in a couple years tops.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

My favorite is going to be the hybrid of MLG PVP with matchmaking based on seeing dudes with loot you don't have.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

vOv posted:

Final Fantasy XIV has completely separate lists of abilities in PvP and PvE and gives everyone the same set of base stats and customizable talents to pick from and it's absolutely great. I don't understand why this approach isn't completely obvious.

It is obvious its just a ton of work. Diablo said they were gonna do that and then :effort: didn't happen

It requires developing, testing and balancing two entirely different games. Which is the problem with having one game try to do all these different things. (Halo did it pretty good though, but it had like a 6 year dev cycle)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It's weird how much they've minimised strikes in this one. In the first game they always unlocked as you went through the story and felt like a big deal. Just having the option of joining a playlist of random strikes here seems odd. There isn't even a way in game to tell how many there are. I completely forgot they were even in the game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

MoreLikeTen posted:

Dumb question, should I be saving low level purples or yellows to infuse later? There seems to be some kind of yellow bank system but I was wondering if I'm going to miss these 200 level purples if I dust them.

If you like a purple or yellow yes, keep it. Blues are junk.

Low level purples you like + high level purples you don't like = high level purple you like

Exotics are automatically banked yes, but pulling them out costs you legendary shards I'm pretty sure. So its still worth keeping around if you like it.

If you don't like stuff AND its low level, get rid of that poo poo.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
I always keep the best copy of purps and up to two copies of exotics. I'm vaguely holding out hope that exotics get better shard rewards eventually given their scarcity, but I'll probably end up dusting them once I start getting too many dupes.

Steve2911 posted:

It's weird how much they've minimised strikes in this one. In the first game they always unlocked as you went through the story and felt like a big deal. Just having the option of joining a playlist of random strikes here seems odd. There isn't even a way in game to tell how many there are. I completely forgot they were even in the game.
I've done 6-8 strikes and haven't gotten the one that was in the beta yet. If you told me it was removed I'd probably believe it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Steve2911 posted:

The strikes should have come a lot earlier in the campaign. Because when you get them it's like "well, i'm 4 missions from finishing the game or I can dick around with the strikes?" and it seems obvious at that stage to finish the game.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

I'm keeping one of every purple gun + one of every piece of recovery armor. I'd like to keep all armor, but I know for a fact that I don't care about any other stat so it's a waste of space and shards until they have real perks again.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

the good fax machine posted:

Same. (The blue version is easy to get tho....)

I realized I still had that mission available on an alt, same day I got the quickfang. It was a memorable and #blessed D2 session

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Density: The Game on LSD is not bad, apparently I was OK at Crucible:

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Zero VGS posted:

If I remember correctly, Realm Reborn launched at something like $20 or $40 and included a month's game time. It has always been $13/month. It's $20 for the base game now which is a great value even if you just play it for one month and beat the campaign, the story is good and it feels like paying $20 for a campaign experience that is actually up there with some of the better offline Final Fantasy games.

ff14's base campaign is absolutely not one of the better FF stories or gameplay experiences on any level.

Expansions sure maybe but absolutely not the ARR campaign.

I appreciate the Destiny 2 main story's briefness, even if it did feel a little odd to me at first. I paid $50ish, I got a fun shooter with a bit of story and exploration and PvP funtimes attached.

Anyone who played D2 got their money's worth.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

As someone who is currently subbed to XIV and plays Destiny 2, there's pros and cons to either model. I'd like Destiny 2 to be better but the no-sub model they're using isn't the issue.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I got to 299+ light today and powerful engrams are finally dropping 300 light gear.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
All I gotta say right now is gently caress the Pleasure Gardens.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
why the gently caress does it take so long to find another person to replace someone who left a crucible match

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Skoll posted:

All I gotta say right now is gently caress the Pleasure Gardens.

It becomes the easiest encounter once you learn the pathing but it was a bitch the first week or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

henkman posted:

why the gently caress does it take so long to find another person to replace someone who left a crucible match

If you're in the competitive playlist, it never replaces droppers.

:downs:

• Locked thread