Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how they break it down into three movies.

gently caress, what a good show though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Barudak posted:

Dammit its the Amiga version its based on. The PC version is an almost entirely different game where in the midst of fighting an ant invasion a blind saxaphone player grants you wishes that dont do anything from an abandoned bar

I had the PC version and it was the same story as the Amiga; you might be thinking of the Turbografx-16 CD version that had actual FMV.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

GrandpaPants posted:

That's a lot of goddamn series to fit into a trilogy.

This is maybe the one case where I would actively want the movies to be LotR-length behemoths.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I can't even figure out what they'd have to cut. The show had absolutely zero filler. A lot of the backstory and info like that from the books were covered in the side shows.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Bruteman posted:

I had the PC version and it was the same story as the Amiga; you might be thinking of the Turbografx-16 CD version that had actual FMV.

They should have stuck with the 1950s setting for the movie imo.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Jared Leto is not only out as Hugh Hefner, he's claiming he was never in. Also Playboy had dumped Ratner.

quote:

Not surprisingly, Playboy Enterprises has put the brakes on a planned biopic about Hugh Hefner with Brett Ratner directing as well as other projects with the filmmaker’s RatPac Entertainment. Earlier this month, trades ran with the news that Jared Leto was set to play Hefner. But calls to the Suicide Squad star’s rep reveal that the Oscar-winning actor never had any intention to take the role.

“Jared Leto is not and was not attached to a Brett Ratner-directed Hugh Hefner film, nor will he be working with him in the future,” Leto’s rep said this afternoon. “Earlier reports were incorrect and not confirmed by his representatives.”

Playboy Enterprises told Deadline earlier today: “We are deeply troubled to learn about the accusations against Brett Ratner. We find this kind of behavior completely unacceptable. We are putting all further development of our projects with RatPac Entertainment on hold until we are able to review the situation further.”

http://deadline.com/2017/11/jared-leto-not-playing-hugh-hefner-in-brett-ratner-movie-after-sexual-harassment-allegations-1202199559/

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tyrese Gibson has revealed himself to be THE STUPIDEST MAN ALIVE by issuing an ultimatum to the producers of the Fast series by saying if the Rock is in the next movie he's out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

muscles like this! posted:

Tyrese Gibson has revealed himself to be THE STUPIDEST MAN ALIVE by issuing an ultimatum to the producers of the Fast series by saying if the Rock is in the next movie he's out.

Ahh, the old "it's either me or the guy who's massively more popular than me," gambit.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I wonder how petty they can make his death scene now. Kill him offscreen, or hire a body double like that deleted XXX scene where they killed Vin Diesel's character.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Tars Tarkas posted:

Jared Leto is not only out as Hugh Hefner, he's claiming he was never in. Also Playboy had dumped Ratner.

How has Jared Leto not been outed yet?

Also RIP Roman I guess. Bring back Han!

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I had to look up who he was. Did his character really bring anything to the team bedsides "Drives", " Brags", and "Whines"?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Roman Pearce manages to be the most superfluous character in a franchise chocked full of them.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Roman dies from a shellfish allergy.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yes, we can't have this sexual predator direct this hagiography of a sexual predator

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

Rumor is they are bringing back Jordana Brewster, so just say Roman and Brian ran off together, leaving her and the kid.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Dom kinda took over Roman's relationship with Brian anyway, but with Brian gone he's even more extraneous.

This post reminded me how Paul Walker ended up becoming surprisingly good at fight scenes.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I can't even figure out what they'd have to cut. The show had absolutely zero filler. A lot of the backstory and info like that from the books were covered in the side shows.

It'll be rough and there's no way to avoid cutting stuff that hurts what makes the original so good. That said I think they'll probably combine some of the big revolutions/political shifts into each other. There's Earth Cult and Phezzan plot lines that can be cut or drastically reduced. Some of the Iserlohn back and forth could be cut even if that's some of my favorite Yang. The end of the first film isn't hard to guess, but the rest of it depends on which characters get marginalized.

It can work as it's own thing, but it's inevitable that a lot of fans of the series will be pissed about some cuts. I love Bucock and Merkatz, and there's no way they get everything in there for them.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Codependent Poster posted:

I wonder how petty they can make his death scene now. Kill him offscreen, or hire a body double like that deleted XXX scene where they killed Vin Diesel's character.
Plus, they have new comic relief character in Scott Eastwood.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

FF9 Opening scene: HOBBS is carrying ROMANS coffin solo on one shoulder, like that bit in the Terminator film

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Rock walks in to room.

Luda looks around,

"Yo, where's Roman?"

Rock stops for one second and looks at Luda, raises his eyebrow and adlibs....

"Died of rectal prolapse. Never knew he was into anime dolls."

Vin looks solemn.

"....Family."

Jason nods. Michelle shifts her eyes around uncomfortable.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Jason Statham just used the Fast franchise to have a better "badass taking care of kids" adventure than The Rock and Vin Diesel did in standalone movies (The Tooth Fairy and The Pacifier respectively).

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

NoneMoreNegative posted:

FF9 Opening scene: HOBBS is carrying ROMANS coffin solo on one shoulder, like that bit in the Terminator film

Then they drop it and ludacris drives it with a remote control into the bad girl's car, because they stuff the body with a bomb
"Rest... in pieces."

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

"It's a good thing Roman's forehead was so big, we could fit in more explosives"

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

got any sevens posted:

Then they drop it and ludacris drives it with a remote control into the bad girl's car, because they stuff the body with a bomb
"Rest... in pieces."

This would be the best sendoff.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Warner Bros has severed ties with Brett Ratner.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03sY9U0xrng

quote:

Pinned by Jason D. Marajh
Potato
1 year ago
Forehead bigger than my future

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Bruteman posted:

Dammit youre right. Whatever its the more insane but less fun one.

It also features the worst song called Sea of Love. Not cover, actual totally different song

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Not even joking, but didn't we already all actually know this Brett Ratner poo poo? Like wasn't this already public knowledge years ago? Not like "duh Kevin Spacey is gay," like actual accusations and poo poo.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Warner Bros has severed ties with Brett Ratner.

Oh gently caress yes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

TetsuoTW posted:

Not even joking, but didn't we already all actually know this Brett Ratner poo poo? Like wasn't this already public knowledge years ago? Not like "duh Kevin Spacey is gay," like actual accusations and poo poo.

Because the Harvey Weinstein thing shined such a harsh light on the industry that things which were previously shrugged off are now able to destroy careers.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

I was under the impression that he was always known for being a giant horrible rear end in a top hat, but him being an actual sexual predator was sort of new to people.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

It was an open secret Ratner was the shrimp cocktail guy Munn wrote about, though I'm pretty sure she denied it so she wouldn't be sued

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Ratner admitted the shrimp thing in 2011

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It'd be really nice if we could just air all theis dirty laundry now. Wreck the careers, count the bodies, and not feel blindsided later.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The MSJ posted:

Plus, they have new comic relief character in Scott Eastwood.

My thoughts exactly. They could even assign all playboy traits to Ludacris' character and make Nathalie Emmanuel (Ramsey) the only hacker/tech wizz on the team. Tyrese's character is very replaceable.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Roman is kinda meant to be the Face character, but doesn't really ever succeed at it aside from being a huge distraction.

Luda's character is a way more low-key guy. The team kinda needs a cocky loudmouth and Tyrese did really fit that.

That being said there's every chance this is guerilla marketing for the next movie.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
https://twitter.com/LamarrDouglas87/status/925809213959438337?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
Fast 9 needs to start with Helen Mirren emerging from some kind of lab cryopod and announcing that the mind-fusion procedure was a success, and she is now also Roman

And then Hobbs and Roman can make love

And Tyrese will implode irl

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Replace him with Roman Reigns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

Fast 9 needs to start with Helen Mirren emerging from some kind of lab cryopod and announcing that the mind-fusion procedure was a success, and she is now also Roman

And then Hobbs and Roman can make love

And Tyrese will implode irl

Finally, a good use of Get Out technology.

• Locked thread