Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nohman posted:

9S has some good voice acting. He's got a real good low key boiling hate going in his delivery of some of those last few lines. Also I'm surprised nobody mentioned how creepy the pleasant PA voice was. Is that supposed to be the same virus machine voice from the Bunker going to poo poo?

He is very good at doing seemingly low key characters who are actually complete psychopaths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Let's be honest here. You're a casting director. You see "Albert Wesker" on your list of actors. What the gently caress else do you cast him as?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah the way he delivered 9s last lines in the update were real good

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
It's just not a DarkeNeir game unless we get a protagonist in a state of perpetual murderous rage, so glad to see 9S getting in on the program.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Geostomp posted:

It's just not a DarkeNeir game unless we get a protagonist in a state of perpetual murderous rage, so glad to see 9S getting in on the program.

iswydt

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Geostomp posted:

I mean everything we've gotten from A2 thus far is that she's just here to kill so it's not like he's alone in this attitude.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
She's just taking care of the future, like 2B asked... by doing what she was doing and enjoying already.

Now I can't help but imagine what other requests A2 would twist into killing machine lifeforms.

2B: Bake... a cake for me... A2...
A2: I'll need ingredients for this cake... ingredients cost money... I can get money by killing machine lifeforms...

Later:

Pod 042: Query: Has unit A2 made progress in making the cake unit 2B requested?
A2: What cake?

fluffyDeathbringer fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 2, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A2 doesn't swear enough. Just imagine what Kaine or Zero would've had to say about being saddled with a pod.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

ultrafilter posted:

A2 doesn't swear enough. Just imagine what Kaine or Zero would've had to say about being saddled with a pod.

Imagine what MIKHAIL would have to say :kimchi:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ultrafilter posted:

"'I looove you Commander, let me give you a big kiss Commander,' NOW GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR EXHAUST PIPE AND START loving HELPING US!"

*spoiler-filled intro movie plays*

Oooor...

"I'm boring and dull and mean to this dragon and I'm basically Kainé without charm, also I gently caress pigeons. You don't have a dick so I don't care about you, Pod."

*rhyhm game*

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Danaru posted:

Imagine what MIKHAIL would have to say :kimchi:

Probably something super-racist about pods, if memory serves

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jet Jaguar posted:

Probably something super-racist about pods, if memory serves

Mikhail is a good boy and hating Wyverns isn't racist, it's common sense :mad:

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

"This unit does not recommend consuming week old moose carcasses"
"But they taste best when they're stinky~!"

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
If Nowe were to get a Pod... would it just try to kill him?

Or would it be more subtle; leading him into all sorts of (hopefully) fatal situations?

Growing more and more despondent at how he just keeps failing to DIE!

Weeble fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Nov 2, 2017

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Screaming Idiot posted:

"I'm boring and dull and mean to this dragon and I'm basically Kainé without charm, also I gently caress pigeons. You don't have a dick so I don't care about you, Pod."

Advice: Do not make assumptions. :heysexy:

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Weeble posted:

If Nowe were to get a Pod... would it just try to kill him?

Or would it be more subtle; leading him into all sorts of (hopefully) fatal situations?

Growing more and more despondent at how he just keeps failing to DIE!

Proposal: "Do not trust the woman who attempted to destroy the world."

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

No gently caress you, robot dad!

OmegaCake
May 5, 2010

Let's say you and I go back to my room and jack in.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

"But she's so innocent and well meaning and someone who looks like her could never---"
"Proposal: Stop thinking with your dick."

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I am pretty sure if Nowe was here
he'd find a way to fall in love with one of the machine lifeforms and destroy the Bunker and the resistance for them

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
Oh god, imagine if Adam had gotten his impression of humanity from historical accounts of Nowe.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

OmegaCake posted:

"But she's so innocent and well meaning and someone who looks like her could never---"
"Proposal: Stop thinking with your dick."

Being a defective attempt at producing a cyborg instead of a defective dragon/human/undead minion would explain a good deal about Nowe.

GOI
Aug 26, 2015
Nowe wasn't defective he was just made out of rubbish materials and he kind of partially did do what he was made for from the watchers.

Still Nowe was so close to being a proper Draken Protag but as befitting what he was made out of he failed at that too.

Also I'm sure the pod would go.

Proposal: Bring peace to this world by destroying these out of control machines and just see how he fucks that up

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The true Drakengard! tragedy surrounding Nowe is that he doesn't violently die in any ending.

Or does he? I forget but either way nothing happens to him what he's truly due.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Unless you count the fake ending from the LP where Caim has had enough of this poo poo then no, he survives in every route.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains

Omobono posted:

Unless you count the fake ending from the LP where Caim has had enough of this poo poo then no, he survives in every route.

further proof that Caim was still the true protag
(hell even Manah wanted to get the hell out in one of the endings)

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Caim as protagonist:

"Analysis: That machine is already dead. Proposal: Stop stabbing it."

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Omobono posted:

You say that like TDI doesn't ghostwrite these games already.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Omobono posted:

He's probably dead in Route E since he's still in a pact with Angelus and she has that entire getting impaled by Tokyo Tower problem.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GimmickMan posted:

You say that like TDI doesn't ghostwrite these games already.

You can tell me all you want he wasn't involved with Drakengard 3, I won't believe you! :tinfoil:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

You can tell me all you want he wasn't involved with Drakengard 3, I won't believe you! :tinfoil:

Yoko Taro read TDI's Drakengard 1 or Nier LP and talked about it on Twitter, didn't he? It would actually make a strange amount of sense of Yoko Taro internalized some of TDI's personal narration and imported it into Drakengard 3.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Automata was originally a PC exclusive.

Which makes the rather poor PC version kinda strange...

https://wowjapan.asia/2017/10/interview-niers-yoko-taro-yosuke-saito-nier-automata-originally-meant-pc/

No significant spoilers in the interview but give it caution anyway

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 2, 2017

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The true Drakengard! tragedy surrounding Nowe is that he doesn't violently die in any ending.

Or does he? I forget but either way nothing happens to him what he's truly due.

Didn't some short story go off of route A or whatever which ended with him wandering in misery in hopes that he would prevent his "New Breed" nonsense from ever being passed on?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

ultrafilter posted:

Caim as protagonist:

"Analysis: That machine is already dead. Proposal: Stop stabbing it."

*starts stabbing the pod instead*

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DeathSandwich posted:

Yoko Taro read TDI's Drakengard 1 or Nier LP and talked about it on Twitter, didn't he? It would actually make a strange amount of sense of Yoko Taro internalized some of TDI's personal narration and imported it into Drakengard 3.

Yoko Taro absorbed TDI's personality like the Smith Syndicate from Killer 7.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Caim would put up with the pod just because it would be a way to kill even more people. I am sure he would get a boner just from seeing what the bomb program can do to help improve his slaughter efficiency.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Let's be honest here. You're a casting director. You see "Albert Wesker" on your list of actors. What the gently caress else do you cast him as?

:stare:

I never actually realized.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Automata was originally a PC exclusive.

Which makes the rather poor PC version kinda strange...

https://wowjapan.asia/2017/10/interview-niers-yoko-taro-yosuke-saito-nier-automata-originally-meant-pc/

No significant spoilers in the interview but give it caution anyway

Er

Define poor.

Works pretty fantastic for me.

neon flame
Feb 21, 2013

Apparently Dan is a sex symbol in France.

I know I'm a little late with this, but merciless mercy kills seem to be a thing here. First 2B decided to strangle 9S instead of doing the same instant kill she did to Eve. Now 2B has been impaled for what was definitely not a quick death :(

Am I supposed to be angry with A2 for that, or is this just a 'for added drama' thing?

Aeolius
Jul 16, 2003

Simon Templeman Fanclub
Squeezing the throat initiates the current-model defined Shutdown() behavior with the DEATH_PAINLESS parameter, which beats just cleaving hardware off the central bus during active use.

But as we all know, A2's still working off the old manual.

Aeolius fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Found on Imgur:

• Locked thread