Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Isn't she married to JJJ sr? Or did that get erased/retconned/sold to the devil at some point?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Retro Futurist posted:

Isn't she married to JJJ sr? Or did that get erased/retconned/sold to the devil at some point?

He died

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

He got killed off during the "Dead No More" story arc.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Selachian posted:

He got killed off during the "Dead No More" story arc.

lol

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
“She brings nothing!”

Commentary on high powdered elderly business person May Parker.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aunt May makes Peter breakfast and loves him.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Lurdiak posted:

Aunt May makes Peter breakfast and loves him.

So what you are saying is she must be destroyed.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
speaking of this what’s a wheat cake?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Let me put the record straight here, Lincoln had a mother (...)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

hadji murad posted:

speaking of this what’s a wheat cake?

It's a pancake made with wheat flour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPB8b4rUc0c

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
You've never had buckwheat pancakes?

Sometimes I forget other people's parents didn't take them to craft fairs in the middle of nowhere.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Even worse. I’m Canadian and we used Aunt Jemima instead of maple syrup.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

hadji murad posted:

Isn't that like treason up there?

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

hadji murad posted:

You monster!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

TwoPair posted:

Isn't that like treason up there?

It’s not a crime because it is its own punishment.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Hey friends! Free Thor comics at Amazon today.
https://www.amazon.com/Free-Kindle-Comics-Kindle-Store/b/ref=nodl_?ie=UTF8&node=11758025011

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

hadji murad posted:

You can just stop calling yourself Canadian right now.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Halloween Jack posted:

You've never had buckwheat pancakes?

Sometimes I forget other people's parents didn't take them to craft fairs in the middle of nowhere.

Mine did, but I usually got corn on the cob.

Clamknuckle
Sep 7, 2006

Groovy

Why did DC put out a fat Spider-Man comic?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Clamknuckle posted:

Why did DC put out a fat Spider-Man comic?

What if DC published Marvel characters in the 1960's?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

CityMidnightJunky posted:

How exactly is Peter related to Aunt May and Uncle Ben anyway? Which of them was actually a sibling of his parents and which parent was it?
Read this comic to find out! (Maybe)

e: Beaten, but still...

mods rename this poster to wheat cake

irlZaphod fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Nov 3, 2017

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Let me put the record straight here, Lincoln had a mother (...)

Speaking of Kirby Without Words, did Stan Lee ever apologize for how sexist a lot of his early work was?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Speaking of Spider-Man's timeline and age not making much sense anymore, it's funny how Once And Future Kings made him as old if not a bit older than the Inhuman royal family (the teenage Royals get stuck in Manhattan, Maximus goes to pick up Aunt May's medication so Peter can make his photo deadline), who I guess are now all in their twenties and early thirties.

Autism Sneaks fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 4, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Autism Sneaks posted:

Speaking of Spider-Man's timeline and age not making much sense anymore, it's funny how Once And Future Kings made him as old if not a bit older than the Inhuman royal family (the teenage Royals get stuck in Manhattan, Maximus goes to pick up Aunt May's medication so Peter can make his photo deadline) are now all in their twenties and early thirties.

No one in Marvel has a timeline that makes sense if all the stories happen. Reed Richards and Nick Fury are old war buddies, from WW2.

That's actually a cool idea for a story Nick Fury and Reed Richards in their 40's or 50's hanging out with a 23 year old, just defrosted, Steve Rogers, in the 60's.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I have always loved the idea of Marvel or DC progressing in real time. Things I read about how DC handled Earth 2 after the silver age started always greatly interested me and though there is likely no interest in it whatsoever from the companies or the fanbase, I want to see 3rd and 4th generation legacy heroes running around today alongside period piece stories about the original Batman and Superman in the 30's, the X-men in the 60's and 70's and what not.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Not only do the big two not have any interest in that, a few key figures in the industry actually get really pissed off at the suggestion.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

remusclaw posted:

I have always loved the idea of Marvel or DC progressing in real time. Things I read about how DC handled Earth 2 after the silver age started always greatly interested me and though there is likely no interest in it whatsoever from the companies or the fanbase, I want to see 3rd and 4th generation legacy heroes running around today alongside period piece stories about the original Batman and Superman in the 30's, the X-men in the 60's and 70's and what not.

John Byrne did a comic series about this for DC called Generations. It was godawful.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lightning Lord posted:

John Byrne did a comic series about this for DC called Generations. It was godawful.

Like anything he wrote post 1990.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I completely understand why it isn't viable, but the heart wants what it wants. Batman married to Catwoman with Daughter Huntress carrying on the tradition and such. Stuff happening that matters, and sticks, without a reversion to status quo.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Hey man, cross your fingers, Batman's had a kid now for years (and he's only died once! Bruce Wayne, father of the year) and he's getting hitched to Catwoman, Superman has a kid, and Spider-Man has a whole Spider-family (in one alternate universe comic).

Hope springs eternal.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Simple, easy to relate to characters without too much continuity dragging them down is what they think makes money, and hey, I can't say they are wrong. I wonder how many reboots DC is going to get from now to 2027?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Generations wasn't good but I found myself enjoying it in spite of myself just because I enjoyed the premise so much.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I like Marvel's tactic of "This is happening right now until we have to change up timelines" thing because it weirdly works out well for a lot of their characters. Like Cap's origin story really only gets better the further he is from WWII when he thaws out.

TwoPair posted:

Hey man, cross your fingers, Batman's had a kid now for years (and he's only died once! Bruce Wayne, father of the year) and he's getting hitched to Catwoman, Superman has a kid, and Spider-Man has a whole Spider-family (in one alternate universe comic).

Hope springs eternal.

Is that Spidey comic still going strong? I don't always have the time to keep up on comics, but I read the first issue or two of that and I thought it was great.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SonicRulez posted:

I like Marvel's tactic of "This is happening right now until we have to change up timelines" thing because it weirdly works out well for a lot of their characters. Like Cap's origin story really only gets better the further he is from WWII when he thaws out.

It's gonna be really weird in like 30 years when the US will have collapsed before he was thawed out.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

SonicRulez posted:

Is that Spidey comic still going strong? I don't always have the time to keep up on comics, but I read the first issue or two of that and I thought it was great.

Still going, since they just had a timeskip and a new creative team I can't really say much about the future quality, but the first few were pretty good.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Decius posted:

Still going, since they just had a timeskip and a new creative team I can't really say much about the future quality, but the first few were pretty good.

What? Didn't Spidey end at issue #12?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
It did, Decius is confused and was talking about Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008
Who is the character who shrieks "I demand more ties" 48 seconds into this video? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGQEAiZJMco&t=48s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Toyman