Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

lmfao what a goddamn disaster this bill is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Not a Children posted:

lmao yes let's kill the student interest and medical deductions, this could not possibly backfire

Also let's just give $26,753.60 to everyone making over a million dollars. No way that could be used better

i love that theyre blatently going after deductions that only help poor peopld

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by the way, who the hell is this leathery toad-man that's been front and center on all these headline photos? that's not Gary Cohn, is it?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Addamere posted:

seriously what does all this tax nonsense mean

Class warfare

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

TRUMP is going to back this because he doesnt understand any of it other than cuts cuts cuts but when the anecdotes come flying he'll complain that it's mean and doesnt have heart

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

like this is 2017, it cant just be a tax cut on the rich it has to be a tax hike on the poor as well

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Those loving babies gonna be working in the coal mines. They are easy to fit down the holes.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

lol make it harder to get abortions, take away incentives to adopt

guess we can just sacrifice all the unwanted babies to the night king or something

republicans can only think in long-term about a single thing: more white babies

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

TRUMP is going to back this because he doesnt understand any of it other than cuts cuts cuts but when the anecdotes come flying he'll complain that it's mean and doesnt have heart

he'll do this and also get extremely mad when it doesn't pass(he would get equally as mad if it passed)

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Al! posted:

like this is 2017, it cant just be a tax cut on the rich it has to be a tax hike on the poor as well

It's a hike on the poor but also on the middle class. Limiting 401k contributions is a direct assault on those with upward mobility

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

... and there was NO collusion

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

fits my needs posted:

drat, just threw up in the trash and called in sick to work :hellyeah:

i dont see any posts of yours in the succ zone

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I actually like that they lower the mortgage interest deduction from $1 million to $500k loans. Force plywood millionaires to buy more responsible houses.

Also, the Wall Street Journal is saying that the 401k limits aren't touched.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Deceptive Thinker posted:

just in time for me to start paying off my loans...this better die

lol my wife’s loans are starting repayment too, v. cool

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lawman 0 posted:

Class warfare

man that doesnt sound fun

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Not a Children posted:

It's a hike on the poor but also on the middle class. Limiting 401k contributions is a direct assault on those with upward mobility

So is removing the student loan deduction

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
Warms my heart to imagine Newt Gingrich sexually harassing nuns while his mistress turned wife attends state dinners

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
throwing up in the sink:

A. gross and uncouth

B. perfect place to puke

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how so? not like a college degree tracks for upward mobility much anymore

its just a blatant gently caress you to anyone dumb enough to think it still does

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Is the bill gonna cause infighting within the GOP and the different caucuses?

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UFOTacoMan posted:

throwing up in the sink:

A. gross and uncouth

B. perfect place to puke

prefer people who dont puke

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

You don't need student loans to work in a coal mine

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Basebf555 posted:

Is the bill gonna cause infighting within the GOP and the different caucuses?

it fucks the poor pretty hard so probably not

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

TotalHell posted:

lol my wife’s loans are starting repayment too, v. cool

Education interest deduction only applies if you're itemizing your deductions and the bill doubles the standard deduction.

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Democrats.......bad??? :monocle:

Don't worry though, they're being bailed out by record donations. But only because Trump is president. So look forward to them not learning any lessons lol

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pushpins posted:

You don't need student loans to work in a coal mine

yeah maybe those underclass people should give up on this whole education thing and stop having dumb protests and get the gently caress back to slaving away for capitalists like god intended

drat ingrates!!

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Democrats.......bad??? :monocle:

Don't worry though, they're being bailed out by record donations. But only because Trump is president. So look forward to them not learning any lessons lol

i acknowledge but do not exactly look forward to democrats being dumb as hell

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Zyla posted:

i dont see any posts of yours in the succ zone

haven't emptied the trash yet

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

PostNouveau posted:

I mean, these people are still in charge of the DNC, so she's pissing off a bunch of powerful people by saying this stuff. Makes it more credible to me.

Good point, I was legit wondering because its hard to know who to trust in the dnc these days I feel like

cool thanks for pointing that out instead of responding in any real way

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FAUXTON posted:

Please don't flood congress' phones with calls telling them to vote against these bullshit tax cuts, here, read about crooked hillary instead

calling only works on democrats and if any of them are voting for this they're loving worthless

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Krabboss posted:

Just once, when I was about 10. I had my head in the toilet, throwing up violently, when I started to poo poo my pants. My older brother was nearby and so I asked him to shut the bathroom door for me so I could catch my breath and assess things in privacy.

And he didn't just point and laugh? A shameful older brother.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

UFOTacoMan posted:

throwing up in the sink:

A. gross and uncouth

B. perfect place to puke

if it's chunky you hosed up

if it's liquid then ew but fine

guy I met at uni pissed in the sink cuz his apartment was en suite and he couldn't find his key

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

FAUXTON posted:

Please don't flood congress' phones with calls telling them to vote against these bullshit tax cuts, here, read about crooked hillary instead

lol why would you ever call anyone in congress? do you actually think they give a gently caress what you say? lmao how dumb are you?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

NEED MORE MILK posted:

lol why would you ever call anyone in congress? do you actually think they give a gently caress what you say? lmao how dumb are you?

it makes them miserable so do it

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Raskolnikov38 posted:

democrats are loving worthless

ftfy

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Addamere posted:

it fucks the poor pretty hard so probably not

Right, that much seems clear, but does it cut the rich's taxes enough to satisfy everyone? What about that story about how they were gonna make the corporate tax cut only temporary? Maybe there will be some holdouts over that?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

UFOTacoMan posted:

throwing up in the sink:

A. gross and uncouth

B. perfect place to puke

b only if you use the kitchen sink and it has a disposal

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

calling only works on democrats and if any of them are voting for this they're loving worthless

youd be better off flooding their dicks, assholes, and testicles with lead the way that home inspector did to shut down momentum on the first healthcare bill

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Al! posted:

youd be better off flooding their dicks, assholes, and testicles with lead the way that home inspector did to shut down momentum on the first healthcare bill

oh yeah lol bein party whip is exciting times aint it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

decorus society will consider him an attempted mass murderer and a lunatic but we will always know he saved millions of lives lol

• Locked thread