Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

RanKizama posted:

Agreed, but I'm not above calling it how it is. I mean, look at Paul Bunyan.

the riyo character whose entire storyline is a gag event about the comic is "pandering" in a sense I guess, but not really in the sense you're going for

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

LightningSquid posted:

So, F2P people in the thread, how many 4* or 5* units do you all have so far? I'm concerned about running out of free quartz without getting anything interesting (although I have rolled two more 4* aside from the free one), but that's probably just because I've been spoiled by FEH

EDIT: Also, can you roll Salter and Nero on banners aside from the story one, because I'd really like one of those two but I've been told it's a bad idea to roll story

Herc, Tamacat, D'eon, Marie, Emiya, Sumimasen, Saber Lily, Halloween Liz, technically Jeanne but I was bad and spent money to get quartz when I got her. Not doing that again.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Someone was asking about a translation for the halloween shop earlier- I just found that halloween Elizabeth's voice section has all those clips. Also, Nero has the Nero Fest ones.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Motto posted:

the riyo character whose entire storyline is a gag event about the comic is "pandering" in a sense I guess, but not really in the sense you're going for
Pretty sure it can be both. Bunyan's third ascension is pretty bad.

RanKizama fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Nov 2, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Yeah, the event lines get added after the event is over. Unfortunately, doing it this way means that if the shop person isn't the welfare, you can't actually see the lines without having that servant. :v:

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

LightningSquid posted:

So, F2P people in the thread, how many 4* or 5* units do you all have so far? I'm concerned about running out of free quartz without getting anything interesting (although I have rolled two more 4* aside from the free one), but that's probably just because I've been spoiled by FEH

F2P and I was initially saving for JAlter, but after reading so many stories of people spending so many quartz on a specific gacha and getting nothing I decided to just use them on the Drake and Tamamo banners. I got nothing in my 40 tickets, but in the 400 some quartz I used plus me starting off with Altera, Hercules, Elizabeth, and using the free ticket on Emiya I have:

5*- Altera, Artoria, Waver, Jeanne, Vlad, and Drake
4* Elizabeth (NP2), Hercules, Emiya, and Tamano Cat.

So yeah pretty obscenely lucky for throwing my hands up to fate. I ended up with all the starting 5* plus Drake. That's ridiculous for F2P. I had planned on doing the guaranteed new years gacha, and even though I now have 6/11, I'm still going to do it. I've been so lucky already and as long as it's not an Artoria dupe I'll get some use out of it.

RNG is cruel but occasionally kind. Honestly don't expect my kind of luck.

SunshineDanceParty fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Nov 2, 2017

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

UchihaHirou posted:

This is extremely above average. Also, gently caress you.

I also have the following 5* CE: 2 kaleidoscopes, formalcraft, black grail, prisma cosmos, heaven's feel and another ending.

I basically exist purely as a well of spite for my dolphin friends to draw from.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

taser rates posted:

The prices for FGO gacha currency are probably the cheapest out of the mobage I play/know of,

what games are you comparing FGO to? because this is one of the worst gachas on the market.

e: at least this game isn't loving summoner wars with its 0.5% and 0.35% rates on the rarest poo poo which you need to 'compete' in pvp lmfao

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 2, 2017

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I've always been under the impression that what makes FGO a "good" gacha is the fact that even low-star servants can be very useful, versus most others where if it aint a SSR, it aint poo poo.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

RanKizama posted:

At least her final ascension art is cute.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

RNG is cruel but occasionally kind. Honestly don't expect my kind of luck.

The sad thing is the only time the RNG was ever nice to me in regards to giving me a 5* that wasn't a CE is when i gave money.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah I've always been under the impression that what makes FGO a "good" gacha is the fact that even low-star servants can be very useful, versus most others where if it aint a SSR, it aint poo poo.

I know that Tales of the Rays is really decent Gacha-wise since it gives you all the characters and gives you the premium currency like candy so you can easily avoid spending cash.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

what games are you comparing FGO to? because this is one of the worst gachas on the market.

e: at least this game isn't loving summoner wars with its 0.5% and 0.35% rates on the rarest poo poo which you need to 'compete' in pvp lmfao

I'm not talking about the gacha rates, I'm talking about the price of rolling.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

taser rates posted:

I'm not talking about the gacha rates, I'm talking about the price of rolling.

It doesn't mean much to just compare rolls with rolls without taking into account what you get from them, though. A gatcha where rolls cost 3 cents and have a one in a thousand chance of getting something good is not meaningfully cheaper than a gatcha where rolls cost 30 cents and have a one in ten chance.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
If we're literally just talking the chance of rolling the 5* you want, which is what this seems to have turned into, .7% rateup on a banner is still better than the other mobage I play. But as pointed out, there's rarely any character in the game that's truly garbage or unusable, as opposed to like Theater Days or Starlight Stage where it is literally impossible to S grade songs if you're using all N/R rarity teams.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

RanKizama posted:

That was also a joke.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
Guda guda confirmed for Nov 8th.
https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/videos/1064890487000317/

Get your :salt: ready.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The event is that soon? Man, that's a lot of grinding in a 20 day period.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

I hate to be the :goonsay: but I can't keep myself from pointing out that discussing how bad the Gacha in the game is compared to other games in its own thread is pointless. Every thread gets this post and it ultimately ends in, "okay, so that aspect is kind of good I suppose, but this other one is still the worst thing," followed by a collective, "okay pal, you do you."

Gacha are all bad and at least vaguely predatory, even if for whatever reason you never end up spending way too much money on the one for your game. All the same we're all here playing them for one reason or another. it eats up time so I agonize less about how royally hosed the world is

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

gently caress. My heart and wallet are not ready for this.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Huh, that's like a week earlier than I was expecting. Was kind of looking forward to chilling and farming hands for a bit. Oh well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's because we got Okeanos "early". Normally that would follow Halloween. Since it got moved up (needed IMO to fill some dead space since NA FGO started a good month ahead of where JP did), GUDAGUDA takes its place. Next question is whether London gets moved up as well or if they leave that for end of December as it was originally.

Anyway, great news, I've been looking forward to rolling for Okita since the start and it looks like mats-wise this is the one of the biggest hurdles getting cleared for a lot of folks' ascensions. It seems overwhelming but IIRC at least Endorph claimed this was considered one of the first "well designed" events.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Nice I'm excited to get Nobu and cry when I get a million more Boudica when I want Okita.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkHs3J_iiI

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Oh

gently caress

One more week until I experience ALMOST-BUT-NOT-QUITE ULTIMATE DESPAIR

(Actual ULTIMATE DESPAIR is on the Jeanne Alter Banner)

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Pureauthor posted:

Oh

gently caress

One more week until I experience ALMOST-BUT-NOT-QUITE ULTIMATE DESPAIR

(Actual ULTIMATE DESPAIR is on the Jeanne Alter Banner)

She's still only been run exactly once hasn't she?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well good. I'm excited to feed all those hearts to various Servants.

Does it have serpent eyes too? Wouldn't mind a bundle of those as well.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

a kitten posted:

Well good. I'm excited to feed all those hearts to various Servants.

Does it have serpent eyes too? Wouldn't mind a bundle of those as well.
Xmas/Santa Alter/Jack event has those, and not this. I know this because while I got super excited about being to final ascend Orion in GUDAGUDA, it turns out her third one is locked behind a bunch of serpent eyes.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

RMZXAnarchy posted:

She's still only been run exactly once hasn't she?

I've seen that repeated a lot, but no; she's had two rate-ups which is about average for limited servants.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh whoops for some reason I thought the Limited Quests could be run multiple times and didn't worry about the point total aspect all that much. It looks like if you go all out (get all of the CEs from the shop and maximize your servant lineup) you'll get about 1,000,000 from the Limited Quests alone, which means you need about 500,000 from Free Quests. How feasible is that going to be?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Finally, Waver 3rd Ascension will be mine, as well as a bunch of other stuff I want. I'll probably spend half of my total rolls on the Okita banner, partly for Okita, partly for the event CE's that can only be gotten from the gatcha, and save the other half for Scathach.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

oh poo poo better get my tickets

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Vengarr posted:

That was also a joke.

the best thing about learning with manga is that riyo gets to just be himself and everyone eats it up

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Well, got all my tickets already. Guess I'll save them for the event so I can get a bunch of lovely 3* CEs from the banner.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Space Flower posted:

the best thing about learning with manga is that riyo gets to just be himself and everyone eats it up

Bunyan's the one eating things actually

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
for next april fools they should hire riyo's niconicodouga friend to help make an episode of Learning with Anime

LightningSquid
Dec 27, 2013
I'm willing to admit that I've gotten a little bit of luck so far in pulling Marie and TamaCat, along with getting a pretty painless Halloween Princess drop even though I had like 50 people in the thread tell me to not go for it. Honestly I'd just like to roll maybe one 5* or Nero/Salter before my free quartz runs out, but that might be a bit ambitious.

For what it's worth though, I still haven't pulled a single saber, not even Caeser or Gilles. It's really bothering me that I can't fill that support slot.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I want Riyo's J. Edgar Hoover to be added too

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Game needs to chill, I just want to grind exp in peace

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

UchihaHirou posted:

Guda guda confirmed for Nov 8th.

I'm still tired from trick or treating with Liz and a shouty japanese lady is going to invade my house and make me do things. :sigh:

Being a Master is hard.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

Caesar's art look so drat weird

and why is Herc in beach wear

They're themed by singularity.
Unspecific fancy dress for the mascots/Fuyuki/EoR (Mashu, Seiba, Leo, Arthur, Caster Cu, Scach, Holmes, Demiya, Penny, Wu Zetian) (I guess Demiya & Holmes have a bit of a noir thing going)
Black dress for Orleans (Jeanne, Mozart, Vlad, Kiyo, d'Eon, Marie)
White dress for Rome (Nero, Romulus, Altera, Caesar, Boudica)
Swimwear for Okeanos (Asterios, Herk, Atalanta, Euryale, Blackbeard)
Butlers/maids for London (Kintoki, Fran, Lancer Alter, Mephistopheles, Mordred)
Something like mafia-themed outfits for America (Karna, Cu Alter, Medb, Nightingale, Arjuna)
Militaristic outfits for Camelot (Bedi, Lancetoria, Saberlot, Nito, Hassan)
Kimonos for Babylonia (Ishtar, Quetz, CasGil, Mini Medu, Taiga, Ushi)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
I'm completely F2P, and have been playing since launch. The only non-freebie 4*s I have are Atalante and Liz, and I don't have any 5* servants at all. Ever since I blew all my quartz and summon tickets on the Nero gacha and got fuckall, I've been saving up quartz and tickets in order to blow them on the Okita gacha and get fuckall.

gacha is suffering