Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

strangely alluring

tax:

his nibs fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Nov 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

his nibs posted:

strangely alluring

tax:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
That fuckin bear

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

peter gabriel posted:

That fuckin bear

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That's the face of a bear who knows where all the picnic baskets are.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Imagine Crobberts narrating a nature program.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tax free picnic baskets.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
"The ranger isn't gonna like this Yogi"

"The backers will never know"

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Some double-posts may have been harmed during the making of that post.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Derek Smarter than your average bear.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It's fine.

Really.

:argh:

Viktor
Nov 12, 2005

fritzgryphon posted:

Topical GDC vid

"We did final art for all our spaceships... ended up throwing it all away."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTtr45y7P0&t=746s

Awesome video perhaps send it to wtf ;)

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Dark Off posted:

Lo’e the last 500 years, the yu”'o stimpire has dominated yu” systems, xy.oa gu has united lo’e yath starzone, stimsis. The yu”'o stimpire has origins xyi the kyun sao pok’ya ka xy.oa kyun e the united stimpires revolted ning hyan tyung. M.oa empires except nui the yu”'o swore freedom upon their citizens. .e’o is no u.in’a uo’a lo’e the yu”'o stimpire, uth m.oa self-controlled transportation has been made illegal sol undergoing painful medical verification methods, lo’e xy.oa arteries are severed sol ki’meth resistant, operated m.oa by machines. The way se’lanyu t.ea claim uo be the huā hygenic uth aith way possible, thle s.ya’u machines xii’xi rub ning ki’meth points, causing puāng deals e ki’meth uo patients. The heart is .ath’a extracted xyi the body uth placed lo’e a glass grinding machine. Various ton centers are .u’uth dissected uth replaced ti dangerous transplants. Pen the painful, 52 hour surgical procedure, patients will .ath’a run uo use a fused guidance tool, xy.oa pumps painful resistors lo’e the body hyan syen hours. The ki’meth se’lanyu run caused is so r.u, the victim would freeze lo’e a tense position. Se’lanyu would .ath’a collapse afterwards.

sexual stimulation ka m.ueh’ual within the grounds e the yu”'o stimpire is strictly prohibited, uth nyahual detected even he’.u’i their sexual organs will be subjected u’to a penectomy tyao ngya the offender was a nua, se’lanyu would .ath’a run a razor inserted lo’e their ovaries. Se’lanyu would pump a blue solution lo’e the womb .oa’i the stitchings burst. Offenders would .u’uth be forced u’to show their operated areas ka public, uth se’lanyu would xii’hyan harass uth punch them u’to a pulp, ning their will.

otherwise, offenders would be tazed so the worst tya e thli lo’e the systematic district, causing so much ki’meth, the victim would scream uth flail lo’e madness. The ki’meth would .u’uth triple hyan syen'o, thle no kr.ūth would be incurred. Y.a’u is .u’uth used ka combat ning t.et’o units, xy.oa is thlo’xy.oa m.oa uee forces must wear the upgraded suit uo block y.a’u t.ō.

okuaichyo’a, enertainment is .u’uth questionable ka uee grounds. Sporting events sān so the losing pyā’h.ūn being rounded lo’e a grinder uth shredded ka e yo” television, boxing matches sān so the loser having their hands removed sol anasthesia, flight races would sān so the losers having their arms uth legs removed, .ath’a being injected so insanity, nui entertainment. Yalnya are .u’uth forced lo’e s.ya’u events, by undergoing a painful 127 hour procedure xy.oa involves tweaking the muscles so se’lanyu will not listen u’to brain commands, uth .ath’a having a painful drug injected xy.oa .u’uth causes madness ngya the player is not sporting. Y.a’u is m.oa nui entertainment, uth nyahual not watching hual e gu suā sporting times uth cheering nui the winning pyā’h.ūn, se’lanyu will be imprisoned lo’e galactic camps.

snuff films are .u’uth broadcast, uth actors are actually murdered nii nui entertainment. Stealth droids .u’uth su s.ya’u forced actors lo’e behaving exactly yen the nya’t.ōngn’ya dreams, otherwise se’lanyu will be punished by being placed lo’e a macerator uth having their execution written lo’e the film. Hual film .ay’o does not feature someone being murdered will be burned uth the entire crew klu gu will be executed lo’e the huā grotesque way possible - vivisection.

m.oa executions are broadcast, uth nyahual nya’xy.oa misses even a millisecond, even by blinking, will be executed. M.oa citizens must boo u’to the nya being executed, uth the pyā’hai is gathered u’to be injected so eternators, xy.oa t.ō ki’meth tao’moa, making them immoral thle l.ea the ki’meth tenfold hyan millisecond. Se’lanyu cannot pass al, thle se’lanyu will feel like gu tao’moa.

conquests by y.a’u stimpire sān lo’e the teth being razed, uth m.oa the citizens being executed lo’e the pa” way yen their citizens are. The teth is .ath’a destroyed uth m.oa remnants e gu are removed, uth hual memories e gu will be erased instantly xyi civil minds. Yalnya nya’xy.oa are .u’uth killed are .u’uth erased xyi memories, uth m.oa memories e them, including toys uth pictures, are destroyed.

prisoners undergo 40,000 years e a’ran uth endless h.ūn, uth nyahual not complying is sentenced u’to the eternator injection. M.oa prisoners injected ti eternators are placed lo’e capsules uth launched lo’e far hyao, .ath’a the nyun is closed tight u’to ensure maximum insanity. Ra prisoners are .u’uth subjected uo the removal e blood, the lungs, the liver, the genitals, the skeleton, the muscles, the eyes, uth even the injection e pressure. Prisoners sentenced u’to pressure chambers are locked lo’e .oa’i se’lanyu are inflated u’to a ta’kya rān. The decompression is .ath’a stopped uo make sure se’lanyu are inflated uth uncomfortable.

children born ka the 14th e july are subjected u’to the removal e their skeleton uth an implant e a silver chui u’to replace gu. The nervous sysem is .u’uth injected ka various parts u’to ensure gu is k.ua times yā sensitive ting the to’athlōm.

restaurants .u’uth are ordered u’to serve civil maten, uth nyahual attending must xuai themself up u’to be cooked lo’e a grotesque aloa. Se’lanyu are cooked yo”, undergoing extreme ki’meth, uth are .ath’a subjected u’to industrial grinders uth blenders. The stimpire orders ka least yath che’a citizens uo be dispatched hyan ye, yen se’lanyu are k.yāi the population may overthrow them. Thle nii yath teth is cared nui, uth the y.āng are banned xyi eating, drinking, uo’a, ti chai, kl.u’i nyahual, wearing unauthorized clothes, kl.u’i buildings, tyao walking a centimeter al e designated routes. Civil enforcers are ka hyan teth, uth se’lanyu are engineered so .ay’o se’lanyu are 40 times ō’nu ting the 300 quadrillion population. Ka least u.o billion kr.ūth hyan 12 hours under y.a’u tao”.

thoughts are .u’uth surveyed, uth nyahual nya’xy.oa does not think ahual uo loving the stimpire so yā ting their capabilities will be sentenced uo a prison. Prisoners nya’xy.oa are punished nui y.a’u violation will meet their greatest tu’sem, nii uo run gu amplified so se’lanyu will turn insane yen se’lanyu imagine gu exactly yen se’lanyu tu’sem gu. Se’lanyu .ath’a undergo a painful extraction e m.oa fluids, u’to be replaced by a toxin xy.oa causes permanent irritation. The u.ii substance keeps the subject aging normally, except se’lanyu will never kr.ūth. Prisoners punished lo’e y.a’u way are unable u’to be reverted, despite puāng efforts, uth se’lanyu will never be able u’to be disposed.

the sickening truths run been revealed nii today, uth invigilation teams are still investigating the truths sol setting foot ka the galactic hyao e y.a’u sickening sao

https://zephyraux.com/xian-translator/

Beexoffel fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Nov 3, 2017

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

fritzgryphon posted:

Topical GDC vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTtr45y7P0&t=746s

The biggest one I noticed that CIG is often guilty of is "dont use real world limitations to excuse bad game design". Especially because they are so arbitrary about it. Like one second its all gravity goo and the next its 'well each thruster needs to impart force thats why it flys like poo poo nothing to be done"

9:20 "If someone comes in pitching 1000 person firefights then alarm bells go off"

Although the presenter does show a shocking lack of game dev knowledge "Don't prototype your character opening doors. Thats easy stuff any team can do. I want to see the things that are unique and interesting that define your game"

SCtrumpHaters fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Nov 2, 2017

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

And long after Chris remembers what it even is Ben will be buying it off ebay for $10k

Are you allowed to buy off ebay when you're in gaol?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Thoatse posted:

Heh, I have >_>

I spent a good part of the 90's traveling in the US, lots of concerts/festivals/gatherings, hot springs and camping and sunshine... and fixing our broken down van to keep on keepin on. At some point during this escapade, we were in Birmingham Alabama for a few months, rebuilding the Chevy 350 in our step-van (milk truck/UPS van looking thing w/sliding doors and you can stand up in it) we lived/traveled in, which sucked because we just put that loving engine in there after throwing a piston off our crankshaft leaving New Orleans a few months earlier after Mardi Gras, which was a month long saga in itself staying with the Hemp Museum folks (southern chapter of NORML) when they were on South Carrolton St. In Birmingham we also had cool people to stay with where we could do the work (off-street this time!) and there were other cool folks around town we started hanging out and partying with.

One of my new friends knew some good mushroom fields about an hour out of town, and we had already been eating them for a few days so it sounded p rad to go pick some like the natives. Honestly it was a gang of fun, though sketchy cause dude w/the car has to drop you off and do 5-10 mile laps back/forth until your are done. Parking the car there is a bust -cops know exactly what's up and so do the farmers and trespassing is the minimum you'll get and most likely will be much worse. Anyhow, after some amazing high as gently caress cow interactions (they totally know what's up and protect them -for themselves!) we had a nice stash to bring back (bout 20yrs apiece worth if we got caught lol) and went back to the road and luckily our buddy drove by before any farmers or cops did. I call this hippie roulette.

About halfway back I really had to poo poo, like pronto... we were eating raw rear end mushrooms in the field with ranch dressing after just rinsing them off w/our cantines (they grow in cow poo poo) and our filthy hands plus mushies can gently caress w/your gut anyhow and god drat I had to blow a loving seal. I was getting legit worried about losing it in the car which would be a lovely trip, worse than sweating with my sphincter under manual override and at deficon 2. Just in the nick of time we come across a diner in the middle of nowhere and pull in. I blast out of the car to go to the bathroom and go through the front door and man it was a scene like a bad movie about The South but in slow motion/frame by frame psychedelic time dilation. The family that owned/ran the place all crowded at one booth (one leaning on a mop chewing gum) were straight hillbillies and didn't like the look of the freak dude that just burst through their front door desperate for bathroom with a crazed look in his eye so were all staring at me in shock and revulsion and the gum chewer stopped chewing and time stood loving still. The few customers there were staring at me frozen in place cause I really did look like a freak to them plus was high af and mostly concentrating on notshtting.

They all point in unison and I make my way to the bathroom and get in there and it looks just like the loving picture -two normal sit down toilets side by side with no wall between them and would be in full view of anyone standing by the door if it opened. What made it even weirder though was there was a lock on the door too so now my psilocybin addled brain is trying to work out the permutations and implications of this new development. I gave up trying to figure it out and decided not to lock the door and no sooner than I started to explode, one of my buddies comes in with the giggles, gripping his sides with tears and everything telling me about how much poo poo the diner folks were all talking about me by the time he walked in then he stayed in there busting my (rather exposed) balls for most of my throne time. Honestly that part was less awkward than another driveby past the diner folks in my condition, the walk of shame back out was worse than my way in somehow. We laughed our loving asses off so hard after we were out of there and had a safe and hilarious ride back to town and the rest of the trip was magical.

Welp that's my dual shitter story and I still have no idea wtf the lock was for... like once there's two of you in there, then it's awkward if someone comes in?

Dude this sounds insane. It also sounds like a hell of an awesome story. Sounds like you guys had a blast! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Ubik_Lives posted:

Here lies The Titanic, died busting for a leak

*hmmm, not quite*

Here lies The Titanic, had a couple of lookouts, made accidental contact, died of internal injuries

*almost*

The Titanic, she lies where she fell, because no-one on this earth is getting her off that floor

I'm going with that.

So are there any more cons or major funding drives left for CIG this year, or is it onto another drought season until next year?

Are you calling me fat???

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Titanic posted:

Are you calling me fat???

You are leaky.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Rugganovich posted:

Are you allowed to buy off ebay when you're in gaol?

plz use paylpa gift thank u

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Truga posted:

The funny thing about 8 minutes is, I'm a proponent of long travel times in online open world games, it's good for the non-combat part of economy play (trading with places far away from main hubs gets profitable since it takes a tiny bit of effort so most won't bother), but obviously star citizen did it all wrong.

On how to do this poo poo right, look at Freelancer. It's a bad game on many levels, but anywhere on your journey, you're hitting content. You see police patrols ganking you for cardamine, you see pirates interrupting the trade lane and scanning you for valuables, you see patrols fighting pirates, avoiding space rocks in space fog nebula, there's constantly *something* happening around your ship.

On the other hand, in star citizen it's just 8 minutes of loving nothing. There's not even awesome nebula scenery or anything, it's just nothing.

Have you ever been to space? Know what it’s full of? Nothings.

And poo poo.

But mostly nothing. So not having anything to do for 8+ minutes is the simulation side of Star Citizen. It revolves around doubling the transverse side of the triple negative of space distances so everything is unrealistically close but hideously far in all the best ways. :smuggo:

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
lovepledge was a lie

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

lol how the gently caress do you get lost in the starting zones in KotoR or Kotor2

poo poo you can't even get lost in Swtor

There was some branching, but some of them ended in a fire or dead end with a door that looked like it could open but didn’t.

Naturally you just stop, and your brain hard locks as you sit there watching the door because maybe it will open. Or maybe that fire will eventually go out because it’s just burning on steel and steel isn’t flammable so surely it will go out eventually.

Turning around and going down the other, unblocked corridor is not an option. That way is obviouslya trap. They must think we’re stupid or something.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
I like #20 and #21.

fritzgryphon posted:

Topical GDC vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LTtr45y7P0&t=1127s

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

SCtrumpHaters posted:

lovepledge was a lie
none of our massive teams of developers are playing wolf2, aco or the new call of duty and saying poo poo like "why am I spending thousands of dollars on a joke game" or "why am I spending dozens of hours a week writing about space tits and not the actual novel I've been working on since 2015"

we are dedicated to bring you the best mmo anime fps dating sim on the planet and we will continue that dedication into 2018 and beyond

please chat with our community managers if you have any questions, like "where is the game" or "what the gently caress is love pledge" or "did you just take all our preorder money and gently caress off on a pretty awesome vacation to mexico"

thank you very much for your support

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
A shame,I legit would have bought love pledge.

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Been looking for a replacement for the pigeon dating sim.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SCtrumpHaters posted:

Although the presenter does show a shocking lack of game dev knowledge "Don't prototype your character opening doors. Thats easy stuff any team can do. I want to see the things that are unique and interesting that define your game"

If we've learned anything from CIG, doors are basically loving actual rocket science.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

McGiggins posted:

A shame,I legit would have bought love pledge.
trials in tainted space is making like $35k a month for bad erotic fiction

I don't even loving know anymore. nothing in this loving world makes sense

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like if I wrote chris roberts furfiction with him impregnating Ben who proceeds to give birth to six dozen wing commander 4 boxes for the cdi, I'd probably make like $500k a year or something

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

In the original pitch video, CR walked around the inside of a ship, and then flew the hornet thing and noted all over the articulating thrusters.

Today, Star Citizen is much the same as it was, except now the pitch videos are movies instead of showcasing innovative features.

The dreams are now YouTube videos. The hopes are renders and bad photoshops of ships on stolen art or footage of otter things.

But never stop role playing. And definitely don’t role play that you just own one of those ships unless you actually bought it, because that’d be cheating.

I’m starting to wonder if somehow CIG tapped into that frustrated Games Workshop magic vein of infinite money for basically nothing. But at least with GW the artwork is pretty cool and the lore seems to be more interesting than a 8th graders “my rpg game I’m building” notebook full of pencil sketches of stick figures fighting and maps of Mordor.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

SCtrumpHaters posted:

lovepledge was a lie

How DARE you.
This game will happen. The development of something that hasn't been done before takes time.
The fidelity is important and because of immersion, things have be done properly.
I have pledged vast sums in the game and I won't let you say bad things even if the Agent goes on holidays to Monaco, buys a Porsche or two and a has a weird sliding door for his office.
Love Pledge is in alpha.

In fact, I am going to set up r/sctrumphaters on Reddit and get a bunch of dumbfucks to write about you incessantly, hanging on your every word.

You just don't understand gameporn development.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Lladre posted:

It looks like it was printed on an over sized 3d printer. So they paid a lot of money for a dumb prop that could have been fabricated out of some mdf and a vacuum form with some hot styrene.

Those don't look like printer marks to me, that would leave a topographical layer texture if extruded or a sandstone like texture if SLS printed. It looks like shoddy fiberglass work ...to me that texture looks like coarse plain weave cloth with no veil ply. My guess is it's cnc carved mdf boards and thought they could fiberglass it to make look good without knowing how to layup fiberglass.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

I've got chills, I'm hysterical, I'm cryin'

Is it a Star Citizen video or a really bad fever? Who knows

It’s probably menopause setting in. They just start watching an episode of Star Citizen YouTube and then just start crying and sweating and then get cold and cry more.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Toops posted:

I like #20 and #21.

22 and 23 as well. Don't go thinking you're going to have the success of WoW. Don't be a complete pain in the rear end to work with.

This is really a proclick for anyone who knows anything about Star Citizen.

*Edit*

Don't go trashing other publishers, don't jam in the latest fad (VR), know your scope and budget. Wow, this guy knows about game design.

Strangler 42 fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 3, 2017

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Thoatse posted:

Those don't look like printer marks to me, that would leave a topographical layer texture if extruded or a sandstone like texture if SLS printed. It looks like shoddy fiberglass work ...to me that texture looks like coarse plain weave cloth with no veil ply. My guess is it's cnc carved mdf boards and thought they could fiberglass it to make look good without knowing how to layup fiberglass.

Made from egg boxes and sticky-backed plastic.
Blue Peter could make better.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I think they’re just going for the Nintendo Switch crowd here.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

The Titanic posted:

I think they’re just going for the Nintendo Switch crowd here.

"please insert cartridge 6/10 to continue"

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

TheAgent posted:

none of our massive teams of developers are playing wolf2, aco or the new call of duty and saying poo poo like "why am I spending thousands of dollars on a joke game" or "why am I spending dozens of hours a week writing about space tits and not the actual novel I've been working on since 2015"

we are dedicated to bring you the best mmo anime fps dating sim on the planet and we will continue that dedication into 2018 and beyond

please chat with our community managers if you have any questions, like "where is the game" or "what the gently caress is love pledge" or "did you just take all our preorder money and gently caress off on a pretty awesome vacation to mexico"

thank you very much for your support
Still haven't fixed Chris.
:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

TheAgent posted:

trials in tainted space is making like $35k a month for bad erotic fiction

I don't even loving know anymore. nothing in this loving world makes sense

dude you're totally not supposed to admit that you know that game exists